3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for February (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/74925-thursday-chatters-february.html)

Tina 02-09-2006 10:18 AM

Thursday again!

Guess who forgot to weigh before breakfast! Yep, it's me. I'll do it in the morning. I must find a meeting with a good leader and start going again.
I am committed to walking 2 miles a day. :tread: I desparately need new slacks and would love to slim down these hips first. :dizzy:

Maureen, please keep us posted about your dad. Again, I am so sorry.
Susan, how is your nose?
Tammy, are you still having loads of meetings? Have the guys started building your/Kramer's porch? I hope so. How much snow do you have now?
Mimi, haven't heard much from you and I miss you.
Sis, how are the wedding plans? Will it be an intimately small wedding?
Amy, how are you feeling?
Jody, where are you, girl?
fat1outof3, what's new with you?
Okay, it's time to walk!
:flow1:

fat1outof3 02-09-2006 10:36 AM

I'm hoping to make my Valentine's Day goal this week but I think it won't happen. Today I'm going after work to join an all women's gym just for the next three months until the weather gets a little warmer up here. Right now it's about 30 degrees. Maybe some snow this weekend. I'm hoping to start a new/old job within the next month. A company I worked for about 3 months ago is pursuing me to come back. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm just waiting for the monetary offer. I'm supposed to go to my doctor's today. I'll find out what the next steps are for pregnancy/fertility options. My next WI is at noon today so I'll keep you posted.

My husband is having some friends come over for a card game at our home this weekend. Any suggestions on healthful munchies that the guys will like and that I can eat?

Tina 02-09-2006 11:25 AM

Snack suggestions---
I think it's Dorito's that has a new low fat chip out now. They're very good and only 2 pts. for quite a lot of chips. Make onion dip with fat free sour cream and that onion soup mix. No one can tell it's healthy. :lol:
We love picante sauce with chips.
Make some sandwiches with Healthy Choice meat.
Hope this gives you some ideas.

fat1outof3 02-09-2006 11:32 AM

Tina, thanks for the ideas. If I take all the guys money, I'll need to have at least satisfied them with food. LOL! :joker:

Tammy 02-09-2006 06:59 PM

Maureen, I am so sorry about your father. You and your family will be in our prayers. Please take care.

We don't have a meeting tomorrow morning!!

The guy started the porch yesterday, worked on it all day today. It should be finished tomorrow! I'm not sure when Kramer will take up residence. lol He was up here last night after he got his stitches out at the vets. He was really good. (thank goodness!!)

Prayers are needed for the older sister (18 years) of one of my students. Susan has had heart problems her whole life. She is having open heart surgery on Tuesday. We have a prayer calendar at school where people sign up to pray for 15 minutes at a time for her. She is such a sweetie. I know Adam is nervous about the surgery. He and Susan are very close.

Well, that's all for now. I need to "rest my eyes" for a little bit.

fat1outof3 02-09-2006 07:01 PM

I'm down 5.6 lbs this week. I just seem to be having a really good week.

My old boss but soon to be new boss finally sent me an offer for a new job and I'm definitely going to take it. I'm worried about how my current employer is going to take it.

I went and saw my doctor today and he wants me to consider insemination. I'm a little nervous about that. I still have to talk to my husband to see if he's willing to do it.

Maureen, how are you doing?

auntie 02-09-2006 09:07 PM

Hi,

Hope everyone had a peaceful day.

Today was the funeral for Amy's friend. He was 34 years old. He was such a sweet guy. I know this was really hard for Amy too. Wish I was there.

Maureen, I'm so sorry about your dad. My siblings know that if something happens to my dad we will lose my mom too . You and your family are in my prayers. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you.

Tammy, prayers are being sent for your student's sister. Please let us know how it goes.

Tina, what's new with you?

The nose is doing much better. Still a little sore every know and then but lots better.

Loodie 02-09-2006 10:31 PM

Hello from and old friend

You know how there are always some people that you can count on and seem to be able to just pop in to say on occasion. Well you guys are those people. Tina, Susan, Tammy, Maureen, etc. it is good to see you still here. I'll have to lurk more often to keep up with you all. 1in3, you'll like these gals. They are very sincere & supportive.

Well after several years of losing & gaining & losing & gaining, the decision was finally made that I needed to get this weight off permanently FAST for health reasons. I am having gastric bypass surgery March 1, so am posting on the Weight Loss Surgery site. If it hadn't been for all those years of Weight Watchers (and keeping the membership books), my insurance would have wanted me to be in a supervised diet plan for 18 months, but WW is considered a supervised diet plan--so I was approved. It is pretty scary sometimes, but Jesus will be on that table with me, so I'm giving it all over to His care.

Good Wishes to you all. I'll check from time to time to see how you're doing.

auntie 02-09-2006 11:14 PM

Loodie,
It's SOOOOO good to hear from you!!!! Please don't be a stranger!!! Let us know how the surgery goes and we will be there with you in spirit cheering you on. We'll say a few extra prayers.

So what has been going on???

Tina 02-09-2006 11:43 PM

Loodie, I'm so glad to hear from you. I think about you and wonder how you are doing.
I'm glad you can have the surgery. I've heard good things about that kind.
You will do fine.
Of course, you know we will all be praying for you.
Please post again before surgery.

:flow1:

maureen kempster 02-10-2006 05:38 PM

Good afternoon

Just thought I'd let you know that my dad passed away last night around 11PM Ottawa time(EST). They're only having a 1 day viewing tomorrow, so I don't think I'll go. It's a long way for only a few days. My brothers both told me that no one would mind if I didn't make it. I'm going to Ottawa in September and like one brother said, my Mom will be in better shape by then. Even though his passing was expected, it's still hard to take. But, I don't know if there's something wrong with me. I loved him, but I just can't cry. He's been sick for a long time.

Thanks for being here

maureen

butcherbabe 02-10-2006 06:07 PM

So sorry....

Maureen, I'm so sorry about your dad. I wish I knew the right words, but I will pray for you, and for your family as well. Expected or not, the pain is real.
Please accept my condolences.
Joyce

Tina 02-10-2006 06:31 PM

Maureen, I am so sorry about your father. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Tina

auntie 02-10-2006 10:57 PM

Maureen,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad. It doesn't matter under what condition it still is painful. Please know you and your family are in my prayers.

Tammy 02-11-2006 09:16 PM

1 out of 3, good luck with the new job! And congrats on the weight loss. I hope you and your husband agree about what the doctor suggested. It's always tough to make decisions.

Susan, I know you would have been a comfort to Amy in the loss of her friend. She knows that you were thinking of all of them though. That helps.

Loodie! Good to hear from you again!!! I know quite a few people who have had that surgery, and they are all doing great. You go girl!!!!

Maureen, I am so sorry about your father. Even when expected, it is always hard. I know it was for me. Tears will come. Everyone goes through the grieving process differently. I think it is a different process when you have been expecting the loss. You've been grieving this whole time because you knew what was going to happen. That might sound weird. Going in Sept. will be good for both you and your mother. Take care. You and your family are in our prayers.

Adam's sister Susan stopped in my room on Friday to pick up some books that his mom ordered for his birthday. I gave her a long hug right in front of the kids. They knew something was up. I was having a hard time not crying. After she left, I asked Adam if he wanted to fill them in or if he wanted me to do it. He left it up to me because he was starting to cry. Well, it took a while to tell the class what is happening on Tuesday with her surgery. I cried, and then some of them cried. Adam received some hugs and pats on the back. He'll be at the hospital on Tuesday, so a couple of the girls told him that we're just going to take some time that day and pray! They really surprised me. One of my boys told me to go ahead "get those tears out of there" because he heard that if I held them in, it could cause health problems. I let them out!

Take care everyone. I just want to say that "I love you guys!!!"