Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for February

Good morning all!

For anyone new here, we follow the WW plan and strive to be healthy while losing some weight. We also have a Weigh-In thread. Right now, it is called the Thursday Valentine Challenge .
Please come join our group. We're fun!
Susan, I hope you don't get sick again. How is your nose doing?

Tammy, are you bogged down with school and moving? I need to start cleaning out some cabinets so I don't have so much to do in 3 years. Have you been back to the Y recently? That sounded like a good place.
Mimi, how is your weather?
Sis, Amy, Maureen, and Jody.....haven 't heard from y'all in a few days.

Yesterday I thought I was really over this "yuck" but today I have a sinus headache and am so pale. I felt so good yesterday that I cleaned the bathrooms. That's was silly, I know now. I'm eating right, though.
Tina
Old 02-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #2  

Tina - hope you get to feeling better.

Well it is gray and dreary today, we might get rain tonight. Not a good combination when you already feel blah. Its one of those days that you would love to crawl back in bed and hibernate all day.

We are going to the SA Stock show and Rodeo this weekend. Sunday we are going to do the fair grounds and stock shows. Then Monday night we have tickets to the rodeo and Hillary Duff is playing. (Amanda and the boys love her) Since Monday is Rob's birthday I was thinking about taking a candle and putting it in his funnel cake.

Hey Sue - What are we getting for Mom's Birthday (Sunday)? .... Lu thought a cat

Well I am off, Zack just came in and said "Come sit with me (to watch Blue's Clues)" So he doesn't have to ask twice, I am so there. Mommy / Zackie TIme!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #3  

Haven't been to the Y since last week.
Had a call from the people doing our porch. They can't do it until next week (Wed.) because something happened at one of their other job sites that put them behind. Boo.

My throat is sore. Going to take some medicine at bedtime which will be as soon as I get to the other house.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi,
Ok I not saying anything so I don't jinx it but my kids have been good all week.

Tina, the nose is doing much better! I had a sinus headache today too.

Tammy, get rid of that sore throat.

Amy, I'll order mom flowers. Just remind me! You know I'm old and forgetful. No, I like the cat idea even better. We'll say it's from Duane and Lisa.

Mimi, you still working a bunch?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #5  
Susan

Tammy, get to feeling better!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Oh no, we can't have someone else sick around here!
Tammy, feel better fast.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #7  
I won't give up!

S/C/G: 242/195/170

Default New to WW and 3FC

I've been reading your thread and you all seem to have a great friendship from this forum and being a newbie, it's just what I need. I started WW on 01/05/06 and so far I've lost 11.2 lbs. I have my 4th WI today at noon and am hoping I did well this week. I'm 29 and married with no kids. My husband and I have been trying to have children for almost 3 years now. He and I have taken tests to see if we're fine to have children and so far they have found nothing wrong. My doctor has told me that my next step would be fertility drugs but I don't think I want to take that chance (high percentage of multiple births). So I joined WW hoping that if I lose weight and get healthier, it will help our chances significantly.

Joining WW has helped me be more aware of what I was eating in the past. I think the program is great. I actually look forward to my WI every week. I'm lucky to have a coworker who joined with me and motivates me every day. I don't think I'd be able to do it alone.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

fat1outof3,
We are so glad you found us and are joining in.
I've found that WW does help me see what's the right thing to eat.
Be sure to come back and tell us about your weigh-in. Come to our Thursday Valentine Challenge thread and post your results. Again, it's so good to have your with us!!!!!

Tina
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #9  
I won't give up!

Thank you for being so welcoming. I will definitely let you know how my WI went. It's great to meet such encouraging people.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #10  
I won't give up!

Smile Another successful week

Well, I just got back from my WI and I lost another 2.8 lbs, making that 14 lbs total since 01/05/06. I'm pretty excited. I have decided not to bring a scale into my home so that I can look forward to the WI every week.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #11  

Hey fat1outof3, I went the fertility drug route many many years ago. We have one son who is a senior in high school. I know many people who have gone that route and not had a multiple birth, so it is possible.

Well, I'm off to the other house again tonight. I'll be on here more this weekend.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
We haven't mentioned it here yet-----Is anyone planning a Super Bowl party? If so, what are you serving? I'll be right there. I'll be happy to eat all the time since I don't care a thing about the football game.
We don't have plans.
Usually Larry watches a little of the game so he can talk about it at work.
Our poor Texans were the pits this season.

I didn't stay OP today. I had to fast for a cholesterol blood test this morning. Yuck! I sure don't enjoy doing that. Immediately after it, I went to Starbuck's where I got a pumpkin scone and ate the whole thing. Yum
I had a Wendy's junior hamburger for lunch. For supper, I did make a healthy stir-fry. So, I guess I did something right today.

How is everyone? Tammy, you didn't mention your sore throat. Do you still have one? Susan, how is that nose:

Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #13  
Susan

Welcome to the group, Fat1outof3!!!! We are glad that you joined us. We do have a special friendship here. Way to go on your loss...send some of that over here!

Tina, well the nose is still sore and I got it popped again today. I think I'll call the district nurse and see about going to the doctor since it's still sore. It's not as bad but still hurts to rub it. Ouch!!!

Tammy, is your sore throat better?

Amy, how is my little sister doing?

My food is a little off. I need to get it back on track. I'm still exercising. Pat was home when I got home and we walked the dogs. It was fun.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #14  
I won't give up!

Tammy, thanks for the info. I might go the drug route if it's my last resort but I think I'm going to work on my body and health and see if that works. I actually have an appt. with my doctor next week so we'll see what he has to say.

I'm wondering if I can change my username. When I created it I thought it was kind of funny but now that I see it, I don't think I want to be referred to as that. Soon I may be the skinny1outof3.

No plans as of today for Superbowl. I just watch it for the commercials.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Yes, I am sure you can change your user name. Click on the User CP at the top of the page and see what you can find.

It's a beautiful day here. But I don't think it is up north.
Tammy and Sis are y'all having bad weather?????
Susan, go see about your nose!
Mimi, what's going on with you?
Maureen, are you under the snow?
Amy, how are things in SA?
Jody, where are you, girl?

What's everyone having for lunch and supper? I have some fat free cottage cheese in the frig for my lunch. Yuck! I think I'll fix stuffed peppers for supper.

Closed Thread