Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 03:05 PM   #16  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OH NO TONYA... say it isn't so!!!! I really hope they aren't!!!!!!!! Did your bumps lighten at all. Because the bumps she had yesterday are smaller and lighter now. It makes no sense!
Old 07-12-2001, 03:08 PM   #17  

Nope, they didn't lighten, it was a rash one day, and the next morning, it was chicken pox all over their bodies.....
Old 07-12-2001, 03:14 PM   #18  
A Yankee in Virginia

Ugh. I just stuffed myself with Mexican food. So much for being back on the bandwagon. So I'll try again, I suppose.

Jen: My hair gets much lighter in the summer and is pretty blonde now. By winter it will be darker. I usually use that Loreal Casting color stuff to keep it bright!

Trish: I'm glad everything was OK!

Angie: Glad to see you back! I was wondering where you had gone! Fast food is the worst. I don't seem to lose weight at all if I'm only visiting fast-food places — course, that's practically all I ate this weekend when I was driving to and from Atlanta! I did grab Subway a few times, which is better than fried stuff. And I've stayed away from pizza for quite a while now.

A little victory for me: Although I've stayed about the same on the scale for the past 4 months, I believe my ANKLES have lost weight. I tried on an anklet this morning that was too small about 6 months ago and it fit! I have it on today and I feel a tiny thrill whenever I look at it. I've noticed my rings are a little looser, too.

All right, back to work ...
Old 07-12-2001, 03:18 PM   #19  

Emmas rash is bumps, like pox, only red. It is a mystery until tomorrow!!! Guess our weekend plans are out!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 03:21 PM   #20  

Jen ~

If I remember correctly pox have a little water-like blister in the center of the red spot. Something to check for....but it doesn't show up right away when they get the rash, that is something you might not notice til tomorrow (if she gets them....)

Oh, and I remember my doc telling me to check behind their ears, on their back, in on their head etc., common places for pox to show up...
Old 07-12-2001, 03:24 PM   #21  

One more thing (sorry everyone for monopolizing the board!), if she does get them, Aveno Oatmeal Baths, were lifesavers....soothing, and helps them stop itching. About 8 packs come in a box....

Good luck, can't wait to hear tomorrow!!
Old 07-12-2001, 03:25 PM   #22  

The doctor we went to was suprised because he said they are common in the warm spots, like underarms etc. None there. So we are on a waiting game to see if they go away or get worse. At least they aren't bothering her...... yet! She is soooo young for this. Thanks for the info!!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 03:27 PM   #23  

Tonya... My brother just told me that about Aveeno... He said they are MUCH better than baking soda! I love being able to get this info!!
Closed Thread