Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #1  
Closed

Default MistySeptember ? for You!

First Meal of the day Dinner.....how does that work...I have heard that before, but I just don't get it....would you mind explaining how that actually works??

Thanks....still struggling here!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #2  

No problem.

Most people have their points start when they get up and end when the go to bed (or midnight depending on how late they stay up ) So they pretty much run Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Which how I have always done it until two weeks ago.

Doing it that way, my week normally started Wednesday am b/c I weighed in on Tuesday night. So any flex I had left or whatever had to be used by Tuesday at bedtime. So Wednesday was day 1 in my tracker.

My biggest issue tends to be that I like a nice big dinner and a snack in the eving. So, by the time I've snacked my way through the day I am out of points for dinner. Which makes me feel frutrated and deprived.

So now what I do is start my points at 5 pm. My week starts on Tuesday b/c that's the day I weigh in. So at 5 pm I start with my 24 points. I eat dinner and roll over any points left to the next day. I am able to fit my breakfast lunch and snacks into my remaining points.

I don't feel stressed out b/c I know at 5 I will get new points. I don't have to plan all day what I will eat for lunch so I can have what I want for dinner. I was really annoyingly obsessed with what do I eat now so I can know what I am eating later so I can be satisfied tonight? If that makes ANY sense.

I don't feel deprived b/c I'm not going to bed hungry or grumpy wanting a snack but can't b/c I am out of points. I was really frustrated weeks ago b/c I was always out of points and couldn't get a small evening snack. When I get like that I tend to say "screw it" and eat whatever.

I've found that I am actually eating less. I'm eating reasonable portions at dinner. There have been days when I have 5 or 6 points left at 4 pm and know I have to use them before dinner. But also when I am out of points and craving a snack at 4:30 or so I can say well in just half an hour you'll get your new points and then we'll be having dinner so just hang on. I am eating smaller portions for dinner and not really craving snacks at night. But I know if I want one I can have one.

As far as AP's they run the same way as my regular points anything earned between 5pm and 4:59 pm the following day count in one day. Same thing with water, veggies, milk. I just run 5pm to 5 pm.

I write in my tracker just like I did before only I start each new day at 5 pm. This plan may not be the "best method", and it may not work for some. But I feel so much less stressed out and less preoccupied with what I am eating in the future. Plus I lost 1.5 pounds last week and 2 pounds this week. So it seem to be helping me. My theory go with what works for you.

I hope this made sense.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 AM   #3  
Closed

Thanks, I'll have to read it one or two more times to 'get it' but is sounds interesting...I know of others who do the same thing....
Thanks for taking the time to explain, but I feel a few more questions coming on about it

As for me, still so TORN between the two programs....and the scale is showing it Needless to say I am not HAPPY!!

Today YET AGAIN I start ALL over.....ughhhhhh
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #4  

WWEnthu-Maybe do Core for Two weeks. Throw yourself fully into it. Track (even though it is not required for core), maybe keep a little journal on when you are hungry, if you feel satisfied, when you are frustrated etc. Give it two weeks. Then switch do flex for two weeks. Do it the same way, really throw yourself into it. Then step back and look at where you felt most in control, where you felt most satisfied, did you feel frustrated or deprived at any point. WHich one was easier to follow with your normal life? Then you can pick one. But here's the beauty of it....Date your diet, don't marry it. Switch it up as much as you need from one week to the next.

I follow flex. But I choose as many foods from the CORE list as I can. I even check mark them sometimes in my tracker just to see my eating patterns. I'm the kind of person who needs a number. But not everyone is.

My advise pick one and go for it! Let the plans choose you after you've given each a fair chance.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #5  

Misty you shared some good tips here. Don't marry the plan. I should really think about going on core for a couple of weeks shake this body up. You made me think this is good!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #6  
Closed

Misty....I think I am going to try Core.....but can I still post here?? Does anyone else here do Core?? I have already gotten tomorrow's breakfast and lunch done!! Maybe I am just sooo tired of counting...I don't know, but I am going to give Core a try...can't promise anything...but I will make sure NOT to apply for the marriage licences just yet Are you going to do it, luflic??
The only thing that will get to me is my 'habit' of... I have to have my dessert...but I guess I can use the WPA for that or just have a WW smoothie (Core) or SF/FF instant pudding (Core) Well at least for tomorrow I am all Cored up.....even if I decide not to be midstream, I'll just count the points!! As far as the satisfied/full thing....I think I will still eat portions ..I dont' know......... all I do know is I HAVE to choose and pick one and STICK with it......whatever I do, I did make a plan to do "it" for the next 38 days....until Christmas eve....I want to zip/button my Size 12's without having to take a Deep Breath
Thanks Misty....Good Luck luflic.....

See you all later............
Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 AM   #7  

WW of course you can post here! Not even all of us are doing WW. We just want to give and lend supoort.

If I lived alone CORE would be great for me. I try really hard to incorporate as many core things as I can. I think Kitty did CORE for a while so you may want to see if she has any tips. Also let us know how it goes. Maybe for some of us more information about it and seeing it work for someone will nudge us to try it.

But Please stay and chat and lend support! The more people we have the more it seems to keep us together!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #8  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Luflic & WW,

I have some MS Works files with core recipes and sample menus. If u want these files, pm me your email addy & I'll send them on to you.

Good luck on Core if you try it. It worked OK for me. Don't know why I'm not doing it now, but I'm not really doin anything right now.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #9  

Thanks Kitty for the offer of menus but I am not quite ready for core. I still am in the need of portion control. Left on my own not a good thing I fear...

Please still post here. I love getting as much input from people as possible.

New people brings up new questions and helps me to stay focused. I love to hear success stories.

Stay warm everyone! It is brrrr cold here today.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:42 AM   #10  

WW I have thought about Core..we'd love to hear your thoughts on it! Please join us! I may try it too after the holidays!
Closed Thread