Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Menus 10/9 thru 10/15

Here's a menu thread for anyone who wants to post.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #2  
Tryin' Again

Default Sunday, 10/9

Morning
1/2 cup Egg Beaters Egg Beaters 1
1 oz Kraft 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese 2
1 LaTortilla Factory Low-Fat Low-Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla 1
1 tsp olive oil 1
onion, gr pepper, salsa 0

Midday
1 tsp olive oil 1
Black bean & beef tacos (2) 9
1 whole green pepper 0

Evening
6 oz baked sweet potato 2.5
meatloaf 4
broccoli 0

Snack
1 oz peanuts 4

Total so far 25.5. Going to do another snack b4 bed, I've saved my fruit until now.

2nd Snack
Smoothie made with 4 oz light & fit yogurt, cup & 1/2 mixed strawberries, blueberries and raspberries & 3/4 Cup skim milk = 3.5 pt.

Total for the day is 29 pts.

Last edited by Kitty53; 10-09-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #3  

Default Misty's Menu for 10/12

I should do this too...

Breakfast
High Fiber Sugar Free Yogurt-1

AM Snack
2 slices of WW Toast-1
1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge-1
Cup of tea with 1/2 c of milk and splenda-1 (this is how I get my dairy in)

Lunch
Fries (trying to use up stuff in the freezer)-5
Tater Tots (did not plan to eat these I was picking off the sheet pan while taking care of the kids during lunch, b/c I made too many tater tots trying to use up stuff in the freezer)-3

PM Snack
18 small FF pretzels-2

Dinner
2 oz whole wheat pasta-3
3 oz chicekn breast-3
1 cup of canned tomatoes-0
1/2 c of corn-1

Dessert
Sugar Smart Icecream-2

TARGET-24
TOTAL USED-21
BALANCE-1
Activity Points-1

Last edited by MistySeptember; 10-12-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #4  

Kitty How do you get your olive oil in? One lady at my meetings just takes it by the spoonful. Do you do that or cook with it? Itried doing egg whites in it and it was gross. So I was thinking about doing it the spoon method. I just hate using points on that and milk.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Misty, you can try sauteeing veggies in it. I'm Italian, so I love ANYTHING sauteed with garlic and olive oil. The other night I made broccoli rabe with garlic, olive oil, a little sherry and a touch of hot sauce. I could live off the stuff. You can do it with asparagus, red and green peppers, regular broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms. Anything, really. Or if you have salad with ff dressing, you can add some olive oil to it. Or even get a regular olive oil-based dressing. It adds points, but it's points you have to eat anyway. If you can get some fresh herbs like basil and parsley and rosemary or thyme, snip a bunch of them up into a bowl, add cut-up cucumber and cherry or grape tomatoes, minced garlic and a little salt. Then let it sit for a while and enjoy as a salad. Also good, chop up some tomatoes, onion and a tiny bit of jalapeno into tiny chunks, mix with olive oil and some salt and pepper and eat on soy crisps or mix it into scrambled eggs. Or, hard boil an egg, scoop out the yolk and mix the yolk with the tomatoe mixture and pile back into the while like a deviled egg. I think that taking olive oil by the spoonful is a waste because cooking with it makes things sooooo good and it's very versatile.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #6  
Tryin' Again

Hi guys,

Maggie, those are some good looking suggestions.

Misty, I use a lot of olive oil now that I'm following a plan on e-diets. I'm following the Mediterranean diet plan, with lots of olive oil, unsatured fats, lots of fish like salmon, tuna, and any kind of fin fish. But, anyhoo--- Believe me, you can acquire a taste for olive oil. I was brought up as a little country farm girl, so I never tasted olive oil untill I got to the big city!!!

I use it with balsamic vinegar to make salad dressing, sautee everything in about a teaspoon or so. I've also tried drizzling a little on whole wheat toast and sprinkling with dried oregano. Pretty good. Take it just a little at a time, and pretty soon you will be liking it.

Good luck!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

LOL. I'm laughing at myself 'cause i never would imagine anyone not having a natural taste for olive oil. In my house growing up, we had a bread basket every night and right alongside of it, there was a small cup of olive oil that had been infused with chopped garlic, fennel and red pepper flakes. My mom would put those three ingredients in a pan and saute them until the garlic was browned, then add about a half cup of olive oil and stirred. When that was all mixed, it would go into a cup on the table for dipping bread. If you try it, use the very dark green, first cold-pressed olive oil. It's best for salads and dipping. If you're actually cooking with it, a lighter variety will do. We rarely ate butter on bread. And didn't even know loaf white bread existed until I started school. Of course, I also had red wine with dinner every night from the time I was off the bottle! LOL, gotta love those Italians! Wait until you hear me whine about surviving the annual Christmas Eve 13-fish dinner. I'm warning you already!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #8  
Tryin' Again

Well, Maggie, I didn't grow up Italian, but wish I had. The olive oil dip sounds scrumptious, I'll have to make that.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #9  

In general I have no problem with oliv eoil, I used it as a dip when we eat out...not with all that yummy garlic though. I am gonna try that dipping oil Maggie. Both you have some GREAT ideas!!! I've gotten so used to cooking without oil, at most I use a little Pam. Even when I'm not OP I never cook in oil, butter or margarine. I cook stuff in nonstick pans with water, FF chicken broth (great for veggies) or like I said Pam. A teasppon doesn't go far so I guess I didn't see the point, you know. But I want to follow the program. So thank you for the good ideas. I'll have to really focus on that.

My menus this week will probably be a little odd. I am trying to use up stuff before doing some big grocery shopping in the next few weeks. I thought I'd try to make it through the month, but not sure, kind of running out of stuff. SPeaking of which I need to go make jello for the kids for snack tomarrow b/c I am almost out of snacks for them. I have pretzels and graham crackers but theya re tired of those. I completley forgot about that.

Last edited by MistySeptember; 10-12-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #10  

Breakfast
High Fiber Sugar Free Yogurt-1

AM Snack
2 slices of WW Toast-1
1 t olive oil-1
Cup of green tea with 1 T honey-1

Lunch
Tomato Basil Soup-2
2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread-2
1 T ICBINB-Light-1
1 slice of 2% cheese-1

PM Snack

Dinner
pizza-6
FF pringles-1
salad-0
dressing-2
crutons-1

Dessert
pudding-4
FFcoolwhip-1
1/2 banana-1

TARGET-24
TOTAL USED-26
BALANCE--2
Activity Points-2

Last edited by MistySeptember; 10-13-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #11  

October 13

B -- 2 chocolate pumpkin muffins 4 pts., lite mocha frappucino 2 pts.
L -- tomatoes / cucumbers w/ cayenne pepper 0 pts.
D --
S -- oreo thin crisps 2 pts.

(all this chocolate -- can you tell I'm pms'ing!!)

Water -- 32 oz.

Exercise --

Daily Points -- 22
Points Used -- 8
Exercise Points -- 0
Points Left -- 14

Flex Points -- 35
Flex Points Left -- 22
Closed Thread