Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:34 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default sports bras?

Hello, Ladies!

I was at the gym last night and was doing the circuit training when I noticed my girls had a lot of activity going on in the confines of my sports bra. This can't possibly be good for them.

Where do ya'll buy your sports bras? I wear a 44DD, so it is hard for me to find them to begin with!

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #2  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Diva,

I'm in a 44C; I can't find anything that supports very well. I always get that uni-boob thing going!!! If anyone knows, pulleeeze tell us.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:07 AM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies

I had this problem for years (I was a 38DD until I lost some weight, now I'm a 36D). I FINALLY stumbled upon a Donna Karan sports bra which (IMO) is phenomenal! You don't get the uni-boob look and it's VERY supportive. In fact, I like them so much that they're now the only bras I wear. Also, I think they START at C cup because they're designed for we bigger-busted chickies . They're kind of expensive (around $50) but if you cruise around online, you can probably find them cheaper. I know Nordstrom's sells them for about $54.

Good luck!

Last edited by LovesBassets; 09-28-2005 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173.8/149/125

I have the same problem, as a 38D. I have begun running (never did this before- EVER) and all of my sports bras are absolutely DONE in a matter of weeks. Right now, I'm all over the place when I'm on the treadmill and I really need to find a serious bra that will keep me from flopping everywhere. I'm going to try the DK one lovesbassetts suggested, unless someone out there knows of a cheaper alternative (I'm on a Target budget).
Old 09-28-2005, 05:26 PM   #5  

I was just cruising around online and apparently there's a Donna Karan sports bra COLLECTION, so I thought I'd get you ladies a pic of the specific (fantastic) bra that I have so if you decide to get one, you'll know which one I'm talking/writing about. It has the underwire on the outside, which may sound weird, but it's nice because (a) I can't exist without an underwire, and (b) you don't get the digging and the poking because it's on the outside and not up close to your skin.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules or copyright laws here. This photo is from the Donna Karan website, and therefore it belongs to her/them. And I assure everyone that I DO NOT work for DK. I promise. I actually work for a veterinarian . And (sometimes) for a doggy daycare . So I have no financial interest in DK clothing sales whatsoever. But Mods, please remove anything here if I've broken a rule of some kind .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nkat/955_l.jpg

Last edited by LovesBassets; 09-28-2005 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling errors...again!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #6  

Hey Kate!!! Long time no see! That looks nice! I think that is the one that Oprah recommended too! She had this same problem and did a show on this lol. I only have one queston though.... you said it is underwire and it is on the outside so you don't feel it. What about in or near the arm pit area? That is where the underwire always got to me at. I have sensitive under arms and wanted to ask about that.

Personally... I would love to become a surgeon lol. I would love to cut mine down to at least a C cup lol. It stinks being a 38DD TIGHT!

Sears does sell good bras for us bigger ladies. But I have noticed that the ones I bought (lower priced ones) are great but the shoulder straps have lost some of there support/elastic -- stretched out. But I had the problem before it was stretched out to because I am a petite large women hahahaha.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMunday
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid]you said it is underwire and it is on the outside so you don't feel it. What about in or near the arm pit area? That is where the underwire always got to me at. I have sensitive under arms and wanted to ask about that.
Hiya Tracy

There's some kind of soft padding between the underwire and your (my ) skin, so you really can't feel it -- not even when you bend over in some weird position. At the underarms, there's like an inch or so of fabric between the end of the wire and the top of the bra, so you don't get poked there, either. There also seems to be extra stitching there, which is nice because I'm so used to underwires busting out of that underarm area and stabbing me in the pit after only 2 months or so, and these bras haven't done that yet (I've had them a long time). My boobs and I have "killed" dozens of bras over the years, and these seem really durable in comparison to all the others.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #8  

Thanks Kate! I will have to check them out one day! I will have to save some money first lol. But it sure sounds worth it!!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #9  
Determined

I like the champion line, particularly the sport shape bra. You can get them from between 20-30 dollars at amazon.com. I'm a D cup and they work for me. There's also a great one (my fav actually) that's from Walmart. It looks like a torture device but is actually really comfy and works really well. Can't remember the name of it, it's in the washer. I'll post it if I remember it tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydaisy
I like the champion line, particularly the sport shape bra. You can get them from between 20-30 dollars at amazon.com. I'm a D cup and they work for me. There's also a great one (my fav actually) that's from Walmart. It looks like a torture device but is actually really comfy and works really well. Can't remember the name of it, it's in the washer. I'll post it if I remember it tomorrow.
You got stuff at walmart to fit you? I am a DD and I always had trouble with that. I will have to try another walmart and see if they have anything in my size for now, until I can save for a nice one.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

There is also a brand called ENELL that are supposed to be very good. Haven't tried them myself and I'm not sure where they are available other than on-line but I've heard good things. Check out their web site www.enell.com
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
There is also a brand called ENELL that are supposed to be very good. Haven't tried them myself and I'm not sure where they are available other than on-line but I've heard good things. Check out their web site www.enell.com
That's the one Oprah was talking about!!!! Lol.. I forgot about this one.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #13  

I second happydaisy. I've been exercising for years and have always gotten great support and wear out of Champion. I can't pull things over my head (arm/joint issues) so I wear their zips-up-the-front style. It's got a wide band, T-back with adjustable straps, and in shaped for "individual" cups. I order them online, they often have specials. I wear 42D, right now, and they're fantastic.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #14  

Lightbulb bind those pups

if you can't find a good sports bra use duct tape everlast has some great bras
Old 09-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #15  

Everlast does not hold up large cup sizes for more then one or two wears.

Can't wait to check all of the different ones out though!
Closed Thread