Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Susan,
There is a special Hill's canned food for cats that need extra nourishment. I'm sure there is the same thing for dogs. You must get it at a vet's. Please call and ask and go get Betty some. Once Smokey wasn't eating and he would eat that food. It's very good for them. I'm so sorry she's not doing good.
Let me know if you can get her to eat.
Tina
Old 07-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #32  
GoddessInclined

Tammy, good luck with the stress test! Do you get to count part of that as your workout for the day?

Susan....sending peaceful and happy thoughts out for dear Betty....

Rough weekend as far as trying to be OP and keep food out of my mouth this weekend....got to do better this week....
Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #33  

LOL I already thought about counting the test as part of my workout! I was on the treadmill and the doctor had it inclined as high as it would go by the time I was done. I'm counting it!!!! The test wasn't nearly as bad as I thought that it would be. It didn't take as long either. Unfortunately when I was done, Pizza Hut wasn't open yet. (10:30) We stopped at McDonalds and I had a sandwich. Tim had eaten breakfast while I was having the test, so he had a strawberry sundae (which looked delicious!!)

Susan, hugs are with you for Betty. Good luck at your meeting and with starting a new school year!!

I'm off to do something even if it is just taking a nap!! lol
Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Congratulations, Tammy on 'passing" the stress test. Boo on Pizza Hut still being closed.
Enjoy the rest of your day. A nap sounds good to me!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #35  
Susan

Tammy, I'm glad that you are finished with your test and it wasn't so bad. Too bad about Pizza Hut. Maybe ya'll can go tomorrow.

The vet called today with Betty's results from her surgery. The tumors were not cancerous. Pat called him right back to talk to him. He said to bring Betty in right away. So we did, and he kept her. He ran blood work on her and her kidneys are shutting down. We knew that they were having trouble because of her Cushing's disease. Anyways, he is giving her fluids and should have the other results back tomorrow. We will know exactly how much damage are done to her kidneys and know her prognosis. She has lost a 1.5 pounds since last Tuesday. It's lonely here without her.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

Evening--
Susan, we are thinking positive thoughts about Betty.
Please keep us updated.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:39 AM   #37  

Sue - Keep thinking positive! Hopefully Kevin will call early in the morning with her results.

I was hoping to go to the gym in the morning but instead I think I will be going to the chiropractor. When we were at the coast this weekend I pulled my back after carrying Zack (my 45 lb. 2 1/2 year old.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #38  
Susan

No news from Kevin, our vet. Hopefully we will hear something soon. We talked about it last night. Then lectured all of the other animals about eating and going to the bathroom is NOT AN OPTION!!!! Hopefully they will listen. We just don't want Betty to suffer and if she is going to then we will have to make that tough decision.

I'm off to run some errands, get my haircolored and my car back into the shop. Now the cruise control isn't working. It was when we took it there for service. I will not be paying for this repair.......at least that's what I'm saying.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday to everyone,
I have my TV on, waiting for the shuttle launch. I wish them well. I think it's so stupid going up when they know their problem never was fixed. There's too much pressure to go ahead and go. (That's my take on it. )

I just bought a Kitchenaid blender. My old blender wouldn't crush ice. I'm so excited about it!!!!!!!
I found a scone recipe that's been figured in points. Does anyone else like scones? I'll try it and then post the recipe if it's edible.

Susan, I hope you get some good news from the vet. Let us know.
Tammy, have you heard anything about what's wrong with your back?
Amy, sorry you are having problems.
Jody, how are you doing?
Sis-----where are you???????
Mimi, you are too quiet. Are you working constantly?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #40  
GoddessInclined

::fingers crossed for dear Betty::

LOL on the lecture to other animals, though. Let's hope they listen--I know pets understand a lot more than we give them credit for, I don't CARE what the scientists say.

Just out of curiosity, is it pronounced "scoh-n" or "scawn"? I've heard it both ways, but never sure which is correct. Or perhaps it's a regional thing. I'm sure here in Minne-sooooh-ta, it's "scoooooh-n."

I couldn't sleep any more this morning, so got up and did the light intesity workout on the WW "Get Started, Get Moving, Get Fit" DVD. Not a strenuous workout by any means, but a good start for the day and worth 1 point. However, have come to the appalling realization that I have about as much coordiation as a moose on roller skates and will be sure to lower the shade before working out next time.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #41  
Thursday Lady

A moose on roller skates.
Jody, that is so funny! Have you tried the high intensity work-out yet? There are some moves in it that I don't think I'll ever master. The times I tried them, I was afraid I'd fall and break an ankle.
I stick with the light and middle ones.
About how to pronounce Scone------It's a long "o" sound.
Some friends in England sent me a real "honest to goodness" scone recipe. Only thing---it's done in metric. I could convert it but I'm lazy. I'm getting ready to make this WW approved recipe right now.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM   #42  
Susan

Jody, you crack me up!!! I'm not coordinated at all!!!! So I can relate.

Tina, I have a kitchenaid blender and I LOVE it!!! It makes the best slushes!!

Amy, what's new down there?

Tammy, did you ever get your pizza?

Mimi o' Mimi, where are you?

Pat talked to the vet and it's Betty's kidneys and liver. They are shutting down. He wants to keep her and continue to run fluid through her for a few days. Then we should have a little better idea. I miss her!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #43  

Jody, too funny! I can still see me at some of the classes I took at the YMCA years ago. Oh my.

Tim and I went for PH buffet yesterday. It was yummy. I loaded up on salad, but I did allow myself some pizza.

Doctor's office called with results yesterday afternoon. The stress test came back A-OK. No problems! Woo hoo!! The results from the back x-ray show degenerative damage in the lumbar spine. Basically arthritis. Not much can be done for it other than pain medication which I am on for the Fibromyalgia. The doctor did say that since the stress test was fine that I could start exercising up to 45 minutes a day. (Oh joy!) Then he said that might have to be done in short spurts because of the back pain. Turning 50 sure did a whammy on me, didn't it?

Chaperone meeting for band camp last night. I had decided not to go for the 2nd half of the week. Well, one woman has cancelled out completely which I knew last week. Another woman said last night that her brother has only a short time to live (cancer), but she still planned to go to camp if possible. I'm going to go ahead and plan to go the whole week for sure just in case Michelle has to leave or can't go at all. Otherwise, none of the other chaperones for the 2nd half have ever been there. That would not be a good thing since the Seniors have "prank night" on Thursday of the week.

It rained last night! It's also going to be in the 70's here instead of high 90's! That's the first rain and decent temp. that we've had in weeks! Woo hoo!

My cuckoo clock just told me it is 9:00. Time to get Tim up and rolling. This is the clock that he sent from Switzerland. It's beautiful! It looks super in our kitchen. He spent too much, but even Bob likes it! So I guess it was worth it.

Tomorrow we are going to Ball State Univ. in Muncie, Indiana. It's a little over an hour from here. That's where Tim plans to go after graduation. He is taking some college classes this year as a hs Senior. We want to make sure that those classes will transfer to Ball State. We'll also be picking up an application and scholarship, grant, and loan information. He doesn't want to apply anywhere else. I think he'll be accepted there. His grades are good, and his ACT score was good. Lots of his classmates are retaking the ACT for higher scores, but we're all satisfied with what he received the first time.

No big plans for today which is a great feeling. Oh, I stopped at school last night to check out my room to see if anything has been done to it. A few things have been moved, but it isn't cleaned yet. I actually thought that on some cooler days, I might go in and try to get some things accomplished. Not till it's cleaned though.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Default Sympathy wanted

Hi all.
I'm typing this with only ny left hand.
Last night I burned 3 fingers on my right hand--on the stove-top. Wow was I in pain. Larry rushed over to the CVS and the pharmacist gave him 2 things for the burns. Today one finger is just pink. The other 2 have blisters. Naturally I didn't sleep well. I'm taking it easy today. Y'all should've seen me putting on make-up with my left hand. I don't have much on. at least I got the eye liner on the eyelids and not my nose
Old 07-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #45  

Hi I am still part of the 3FChicks community. Early this week we had to reformat our computer and it took several days to get everything running again.
I have been busy painting and decorating Dan's room, it looks great all that is left to do is the paint trim.
I am now going to TOPS meetings, they are ok, much smaller and cheaper than WW and I can stay on the WW diet.
I have also been busy working, trying to cover for some of the ladies who are on holidays. and working out at least 3 times a week at the gym.
Tina, burns are the worst, please be careful.
Got to go, I do not even have time these days to lurk in the back ground I hope I will catch up on all the news soon.
Mimi.
Closed Thread