Old 08-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #16  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

PJ here....logging in my exercise for yesterday. Walked my 20 mis. in the morning and at night with minnie AND the running around I do while being on my feet for 8 hours straight at work from 2pm -10pm. Be back later to post for todays exercise. Still trying to get some time to get over to the pool and do some exercise that wont kill my poor "feeties".
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #17  

So far, I'm finding Pilates hard, which is surprising. I picked up some resistance bands at the Discovery store with the idea I could do it in a quieter way (I live on the second floor of a house and my downstairs neighbors work nights and sleep until about 10pm before going to work, so I'm always cautious about doing anything too noisy while they may be asleep.) This weekend while at Costco's I bought a kit for $14 that had the mat, a book and a DVD. I tried it last night and got through about half of the DVD before I had to stop. I think it will be great for toning stomach and leg muscles, and I figure that it will make me more limber, if nothing else! And hopefully it will help in the clothes department as well.

The stuff was cheap enough, and I figured portable enough for me not to make up excuses. So far, it's working!
snowyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #18  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Elaine - Hi! I've heard Pilates is very, very good for your body from many of my friends and their bodies show it!! So, thought I'd let you know that I've seen first hand what it's done for some people. Keep it up!

Today I pretty much played the "slob" and hung out in bed until around 10am and then hit the couch to watch a little T.V. and read. Then I took Billy to football practice (his first night of the season) and when I got home...walked Minnie for a 1/2 hour. That's it...I think it's time to get a couple of free weights for my arms. THEY'RE GROSS AND LOOK LIKE MY GRANDMA'S!!!!!!! AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dangling arms from he** !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #19  

It's hot here!! We can't walk in this heat and we are trying so hard to do exercise. Olivia and I are going to go for a stroll mush later in the day. It seems when we are walking every day we don't eat as much.
jacolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #20  

A lot of eating is from boredom, and you don't even realize it. Just find a mall to walk through and do a few laps - it's amazing how much walking you can do in a big enough mall. Or start doing some early evening walks when it gets a little cooler.

PJ, I'll join you in those arm exercise - ugh, hate the way mine look. Some more of this and we'll get in shape! Thanks for the words of encouragment with pilates - I'm off to do mine now!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #21  

Got back from Kentucky and we are off to the races again with 2-1/2 miles today for Olivia and I. We couldn't do much where we were because it was 100 degrees every day. I don't know how people can function with that heat. I thought I was going to melt.
jacolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:37 AM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

It's been way too long since I've posted on THIS thread. I still haven't joined curves but I have been walking daily. I'm starting to see the affects in my LEGS. Unfortunately...not the thighs but atlesast my calves and knees are getting better. I want to be able to wear shorts WITHOUT the fat showing on the thighs and it's taking sooooo long. Boy!!! It's soooo easy to put it on yet soooo hard to take it off!!!! THAT REALLLLLYYYYYYYYYY SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm going to surf the net for a little bit and finish my coffee. Have a good one.....
Old 08-24-2005, 03:30 AM   #23  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Haven't been sleeping very well tonight. Wow!!!! I'm a real, bonified NIGHT OWL tonight. Anyway......got a good 45 minute walk in today. Aaaaaand, as per the weather channel...we're supposed to be getting a tropical storm. TROPICAL STORMS I can handle....it's those HURRICANES that scare the living daylights out o' me!!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:43 AM   #24  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

After having those FOUR teeth pulled a couple of days ago...I'm still in alot of pain. Ran out of Vicoten and have been suffering all of last night and today so tonight...I gave in and called my doctor to refill my pain killer. Just can't take it. I'm packing and putting things in storage and this pain is really putting a damper in everything and THEN ... there's the KATRINCA HURRICANE getting ready to slam my EX...who is in Louisiana on business!! So let's just say my nerves are pretty much shot and NO!!!!! I haven't been getting in ANY exercise for almost 3 days now....except for quick walks with "Minnie" to let her "go". Agghhh...when it rains...it pours....LITERALLY!!!!!
Cya later,
Old 08-29-2005, 09:01 PM   #25  

Hope you heard from Bill and that everything is okay down there. It's always something, isn't it? And hey girl, calling the doc for a new prescription is a necessity - I can't think of anything worse than teeth pain. I'm a wuss when it comes to that, so I don't blame you at all.

Hope you're feeling better, and we'll have to plan to exercise together! Well, with about 1400 miles between us!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #26  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Thanks Elaine - Heard from Bill late yesterday and he managed to GET A FLIGHT OUT TO TEXAS! Just one of the "perks" of working for an Aerospace Corp. THANK GOD!!!! He's stuck in Texas now but that's better than La. I was watching the weather channel and the damage in unbelievable...I'm sure you have seen it as well. Who knows when he'll get back here but atleast that's one less thing for me to worry about. As for my teeth...the oral surgeon packed my TOOTH with something yesterday and just about ALL of what he packed it with came out last night. Geeez, I tell ya!!!! When it comes to teeth or feet...I have the worst luck. So, at some point today...I'll be back in his office. AGHHH!!!! In between the packng, picking up the kids from school, and going to my "regular" doctor at 3pm ... just one of those days.
Hope YOUR day is going a bit better than mine.
Cya later,
Old 09-24-2005, 06:45 PM   #27  

Okay, this exercise will last me a while, because I'm now exhausted!

There's a little back story to this one. Basically, my niece begs me on a regular basis to take her to see shows when they come to Boston. This one, I wanted to go to, though - the new tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Starring the little brother of David and Shaun Cassidy, Patrick. Having been a fan of Shaun's from when I was younger than my niece is now, it's a nostalgia thing.

Then I found out that Ticketmaster now has a <cough> "convenience fee" of $10 per ticket. So, after choking on the price of tickets on line, I was determined to save money by going to the box office. Thus, the exercise.

I parked at work and we walked from MIT across the river and down to the theatre. Save over $30 by doing that. Proud of myself, I suggested we go to the Boston Garden to get the hockey tickets that a friend wanted (to take her kids to a real hockey game, which they've never been to.) So we walked from the Colonial Theatre across town to the new Boston Garden. By that time, my feet were giving out on me. But I realized that I was closer to Cambridge and where my car was parked, so it was easier to just keep on walking.

So back across the river we walked and cut across campus to where the car was parked in the garage. I just mapped it out on Google maps what we did, and found out it was over 5 miles that we walked this afternoon.

Man, I'm exhausted! But I saved $30!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #28  
FIRM Believer

S/C/G: 161.5/148.4/125

holy- I haven't been able to get to bed until 4am in the morning and I have to be in class at 8am, which means I have to get up at 7am to get ready. It is really going to catch up with me. I am really going to shoot for trying to go to bed earlier, but I don't know how if I'm not tired. It's not good to go on less than 6 hours of sleep/night. Once I lay down it takes me an hour to fall asleep- so I really am going to sleep at 5am. I might need to see my Dr before this continues!!!! I am going through nursing school and I have a lot of stress and lots on my mind.

Enough about sleep. I did a 40min step aerobic tape at home (FIRM- Ultimate Calorie Blaster) plus about 15min of ab work. Running/weight training is in the plans for tomorrow before I have WI at 12pm.
ellemay25 is offline   Reply With Quote