View Poll Results: Are you (I'm talking bellybuttons!):
An inny? 19 100.00%
An outy? 0 0%
I don't have a bellybutton, I'm an alien 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 04:26 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Sorry I was MIA yesterday, I was in London again, last time for a few weeks I think. Had dinner in a little Italian restaurant off Oxford St with a chum and were TOTALLY ripped off, I was seriously unimpressed. I'd been there before and it was nice, but this time it was def not worth money OR points.

Went to WI in the morning and lost the 1.5 I gained the week before, so now my sig is accurate again (HUZZAH!). Here's hoping for next week ... so close to 200, I think it's a psych barrier and my subconscious is scared of what lies beyond ...

This is only quick because I am invigilating final exams again this morning, but I wanted to tell y'all that - YIPPEE! - I got my paper accepted for the conference in Kansas. So I will be in Lawrence, KS from 4-6 October. Don't have any other plans, but if anyone's up for meeting up, anyone who's in the vicinity, that would be SO COOL.

More later - BTW, Lisa, fab photos, you are so right, 30lbs makes a huge difference. And I love your dress (in the later ones) too - I'd buy something like that, def. We must all have the best taste!

HUGS,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-30-2001, 05:43 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default morning (yawn)

hi girls,
i'm very tired now cos i went to the gym and did 30 minutes of running!! i actually went at a decent speed as well. first time i've ever done that. hooray! belle - how are you doing with the running program - it definitely works.
tonya - i hear you on slowly creeping up to goal weight (or over). but you know that you've lost a lot more in the past so these few pounds ain't gonna beat you. the danger is not worrying about these few pounds so they become a few more and a few more until you're back to square one. but we won't let that happen! i reckon pretend you are starting WW over and be very very good for a few weeks. good luck!
lolly - hooray on the conference!
a big hello to everyone else, i wanted to post more but unfortunately i have to go do some work now (and i thought i got paid for playing on the net!?).

kirsty

ps lolly - you will break the 200 barrier!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:49 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Lolly ~ That is great that you are going to be in the states! But, I am no where near Kansas, so I won't be able to meet, but I would love too! You are doing so well at losing! You will be under 200 in no time!!

Kirsty ~ Yeah, it is good to nip it in the bud, and lose the weight. DH and I started to really watch what we eat and exercise, so I hope to get this extra weight off soon. I ate well yesterday and rode my mountain bike last night. I know I can do it! Hopefully work won't keep you away too long today, come back and visit us!

I am on day 2 of being back on track, it feels good to have control again. I can't believe how out of control my portion size has been getting. Anyway, it is beautiful again here today. I am thinking about cutting out of work this afternoon. I have lots of vacation left, and I get new vacation July 1st, so I try to take off when it is really nice out.

Well, work calls...better get back.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:00 AM   #4  
Proud Mama

Good mornin' ya'll! It's quiet around here today.

Today is Wednesday, which means it's may day off! Woohoo! Gotta love Wednesdays. Unfortunately, due to a big deadline and a heap of work on my desk, I think I'm gonna be stuck working the next two Wednesdays... boohoo. Maybe if I work really, really hard the other days I wont have to!

Lolly, congrats on getting your paper accepted! That's quite a coup for you. I'm not near Kansas either (like 1500 miles away) but I have been there before. The great State of Kansas turned my car into the image of a golf ball when I got stuck in a torrential hail storm! Yikes. What fond memories.... Have you been to the US before? I'm asking because from what I remember of Kansas, it's pretty nondescript (a flat, bland landscape) and I'm hoping you don't think all of the US looks like that!

Kirsty, work what's that? Too bad we don't get paid for playing, huh?

Tonya, Good to hear you are back in control! It is such a power rush to feel on top of things, isn't it? You'll have that 7 pounds off in no time, and good for you for nipping it in the bud.

Ok, my list of errands is about 3 miles long so I'd better get hopping! (And I thought I didn't have to work today?)

Till later,
Old 05-30-2001, 09:07 AM   #5  

Default GOOD MORNING!

I have been so busy and unable to get on the computer but I have missed you all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I certainly did. I was busy but it was all fun and never too busy to be stressful. I went to WI on Sat and lost 1.2 and am now .2 from my lowest WW weight. That felt so great!!!! The only bad thing is I went out of control for the next 3 days. Sat night we went out for Italian food and I was about 10-14 points over (don't have my hournal with me). sun we had a BBQ. Luckily it stopped raining but becasue we were so few people we decided to drink more than usual (doesn't make sense, I know). We made frozen mudslides and daquiris which are high in points, plus I ate too much - over by 30. Monday was not quite so bad. I did some major shopping, not all for me, and went about 10 over. I saved 8 points yesterday including exercise but I am weighing in early this week so I will have a big dreaded gain! That sucks since I felt so great last week and now I will be somewhere around 162 again On a poisitive note, I bought my first size 12 jeans! I usually have to wear jeans a size bigger than regular pants, it was very exciting.

RE: bathing suits. I went bathing suit shopping this weekend to try on tankinis. The ones in the store were much smaller than what I wanted. What I mean by that is that they show off your stomach and are higher cut on the side than I want. I ended up order a full price, somewhat expensive one from Land's End but I think I will be much happier with it in the end.

I haven't read the posts since Thursday but I am going to go back and read throughout the day. I just wanted to say hi to cathc up.

Tonya - Good for you for getting in control again. Good luck with those 5 pounds!!! I know you can do it and enjoy some vacation time!!! I wish I could

Kirsty - Woohoo on the running! I am up to 12-13 minutes but not every day. I can always go 1 miles but can't seem to make it past that. I will keep at it though. You go!!!

Lolly - I totally understand about a meal that is expensive in money and points and not worth it. Very frustrating! Well, you are back in the swing and will keep losing. Good luck breaking through 200 'congrats on your paper too!

Janet - Enjoy your day off today. I hope you have some free time to relax too!

See you all later!

Sarah
194.4/159.8/153
Old 05-30-2001, 09:59 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
Todays my june cleaver day i already fed em breakfast by 7:45 made lunch and planned dinner i should be cleaning but im sore from my workout yesterday
im pondering calling out of work because crap feels better than i do atm butt money is my friend
SARAH!! congrats on being so close
lolly woowoo on the loss and i hate when u pay alot for food and it stinks
janet love the day off midweek!
Tonya good job control feels soo good
Old 05-30-2001, 10:05 AM   #7  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello again Kirsty, Kierie, Sarah, Janet, Tonya, everyone!

Kirsty - forgot to say YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on the callback, I reckon them asking for certificates and stuff is a pretty good sign they're serious ... when is it? You have to tell me so I can send you good vibes ...

Workingworkingworking ... nearly finished the chapter I'm writing ... then I can start thinking about that paper ... and it's so lovely and sunny, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Lxxx
Old 05-30-2001, 10:10 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

hey lolly, it's next wed (6th june). so fingers crossed the tube strike planned for that day gets cancelled or i have no idea how to get to the television centre for 9am! maybe you should go enjoy the sunshine today, it ain't gonna last till the weekend (and then you can finish your chapter!).
hi everyone else, i would stay longer but boss is wondering what i'm doing...
Old 05-30-2001, 10:11 AM   #9  

Default catch up posts

I went back and read the previous posts and wanted to say...

Jen - congratulations on your pregnancy. Best wishes for a helathy baby. We are all thinking wonderful happy, healthy thoughts for you. I am thrilled for you!

Kirsty - congrats on the call bck. I can't wait to hear about your next interview. Did you find a good suit?

Sarah
194.4/159.6/153WW
Old 05-30-2001, 10:12 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

i'm going to go suit hunting this week! it will need to be quite lightweight and no shoulder pads (i hate them).
Old 05-30-2001, 10:13 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Good Hump Day

Hello Ladies!!

Lolly - congrats!! You are officially kicking my @ss. The race is off !!!

Kirsty - Not too bad! I was a slacker for a week there so I am really still on week three, which isn't too bad I guess. And I am starting to see results - do you ever run outside? I do. I like that!

Tonya - you go girl! I know you can do this!

Janet - good luck with your errands - make sure you have some time to yourself though - I think we get caught up with what we have to do on our days off and don't get enough time to ourselves (could it be we should instate three day weekends??)

Sarah - congrats on the jeans!! Taht must have been an awesome feeling. And don't worry about your out of control days as long as you are back on track now, which I suspect you are .

June Cleaver - hee hee heee...enjoying this Kierie? Poor thing....money is my friend too - but don't overdo it!

I think the catch phrase for the day is take care of yourselves.

Well, its the exes bday today, little scrab. Oh well.

Last night B/f was awesome to me - he drove me to the doctor, held my hand in the waiting room, held my hand waiting for my blood to be taken, the whole 9 yards. Let me nap for an hour, rented a movie and then cuddled. It was nice! He told me again how glad he is to have me and stuff. It was super sweet. It was our "date night". Tonite I am hanging with my sister and neice and tomorrow we are going to see the girl from "this hour has 22 minutes" at the university. Which will be cool!!

Am super tired from yesterday though - I slept all night, but still am tired!

Kierie - oh yeah, and my doctors assistant told me xenical horror stories - she said she had "explosive diarrhea" which made me laugh, but she said if she ate like a big mac, she'd get it - yikes!! I hope you don't get that!!

My doctor also said I don't eat enough protein...any suggestions as to how I can get more protien in?? I am not a big meat eater....

Well, must get some work done!! Have a good day!

Belle
Old 05-30-2001, 10:26 AM   #12  
Go Avalanche!!

Default What day is it??

New day thank goodness! It still feels like Monday though. I have all next week off and I really need it. I’m going to soak up some sun and DH, Nestle and I are going to Durango. My DH is ready to cancel the trip b/c of the playoffs. We can watch the games, but WHEN we win the cup he is willing to cancel the trip to be here for the parade. He missed it when we won the cup in ’96 and refuses to miss it again. I don’t want to miss it either, but my aunt and uncle have been planning us coming for months. We’ll see. I don’t even want to talk about WW. I think that belly button alien has taken over my body and is forcing me to eat whatever it wants

Kierie: I’m sorry, I can no longer love you if you swear allegiance to THEM. That’s OK though b/c we are going to win the cup!! Nothing like some good old bantering eh?

Lolly: Very cool about the conference. I’ll get on the net and find out how long a drive it is from Denver and seriously try to meet you there You’ll have to let me know when your flights are and everything.

Sarah: Glad to see you back! Way to go on the size 12 jeans. I haven’t gone down a jean size in forever with all this yo-yoing! What a major accomplishment!

OK, suppose I should get some work done. How can a 4 day week feel so long??? I need something very exciting to happen today. Hmmmm, I’d better be careful what I ask for eh? *hugs*

"Oh, the joy of young ideas painted on the mind, in the warm, glowing colors fancy spreads on objects not yet known, when all is new and all is lovely!" ~~ Hannah More
Old 05-30-2001, 11:05 AM   #13  
Parrothead

Default WI today!

Hi to everyone! I totally slept through the alarm this morning and got to work an hour late! I never do that. I am always an 8:00 on the dot kinda worker so I feel so bad for being a whole HOUR late. Luckily I didn't have any meetings. I even went to bed at 10:30 and I still couldn't wake up. DH and I watched Saving Private Ryan last night. It was really good but I almost got sick at some of the blood and then I cried at some of the other parts. Very emotional!

Lolly ~ Way to go on the loss. I'm hoping to lose what I gained last week. I think I did it, but I have been eating out of control this week so who knows. I did get the exercise in 40 min 3 days this week, so I hope that helps.

Sarah ~ Good to see you back! Great loss! New jeans are awesome.Don't let your bad days get to you. You are in control now and those things happen. On the cruise I was probably 10 to 20 points over EVERY DAY !

Belle ~ I am a big protein fan. If you are not into meat, try adding beans and nuts into your diet. I love Zataran's (sp?) Red beans and rice mix.

Tonya ~ You will get back on track! You are catching yourself before it gets out of hand and you will be fine! Good luck! Portion sizes are hard for me also.

Hi Kirsty and Kierie!

Janet ~ Thanks for the advice on the pregnant/not pregnant thing! I still feel weird and super tired, but I can't worry about it now. I think I was just testing too soon. I'll wait until I am actually late before I test again. I'm still not sure if I am or if its just a bug. I know I've never felt like this before, though. I agree with all of the mommies out there, a child is truly a blessing and will change me and DH lives in a great way. He and I have only been married for 7 months, but we have been together for 5 years. I think we're ready either way. Besides, I like the idea of being a "young" mom!

Hi to every I didn't get a chance to "chat" with. I'll post later with my WI results!
Kay
Old 05-30-2001, 11:09 AM   #14  
Parrothead

Default Brenda ~

I just got your post! I love Durango. My aunt and uncle had a condo in Purgatory and we used to go every summer. I love the horseback riding and fishing in that area. The Alpine slide is also a blast! Now I am missing it . Oh and the river rafting can't be beat! So much fun and relaxation there. Hope you have a great time!
Kay
Old 05-30-2001, 11:13 AM   #15  
flibbertobbergenie!

A condo in Purgatory? And I thought my childhood holidays were bad ...
Closed Thread