Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Monday-Tuesday (March 14+15)

Morning all, welcome Stephanie,

Hope you are all doing well today, I ate way too much last week and am so bloated back OP, but I have a work thing over the next two days (Tues/Wed), I'll probably smuggle in some snacks and avoid the bad stuff. I didn't go overboard with the bad food and tried to include a lot of good stuff(i ordered everything).

I did 10K on Sat and will try and do at least 9K after work today. I can't run tomorrow and I would like to try and maintain my running and all. My knee is bugging me a bit though.

Anyhoo, TOM should be starting this week and I am sooo bloated... I had fun this weekend though... We partied it up and barely slept on Sat night. I zonked out at 9 last night... I can only do a weekend like that once in a while.

So my focus this week... water and weight training. Anyone else want to have a weekly focus or start a new challenge?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 03-14-2005, 06:27 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Ring browsing was fun... there was one I really liked.... .5 carat, ideal cut! I think he's going to go back and negotiate for that ring yah!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Ali - Congrats on the ring shopping...sounds like a beautiful ring. I just found out today that someone I work with got engaged (over the weekend). Her fiance also works here, in the same department. They've been dating for over a year. They seem like such an odd match, though that I never understood it. Hey, as long as they are happy

Jess - I love all of your guy code-names. They make me smile

The house we are buying isn't the house we put the offer on before. It is another house, in the same town, but in a better neighborhood and school district (gotta worry about that for later on!). I actually like this house a little bit more than the other one. I'm really psyched about it. We don't close until May 27, though.

As for eating, I did horribly this weekend, but trying to get back on track today.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey girlies!

I had a nice weekend. DH & I were both off. On Saturday we went & saw Hitch which I thoroughly enjoyed. After the matinee we went test driving. We did settle on the Hyundai Accent. Hopefully we made the right choice. It seems decent and we can sort of afford it. Its a red one. We didn't bring it home yet b/c we're still waiting on the money from our car getting written off. Hopefully in the next couple of days it will happen. I did a bunch of exams so I can begin my mystery shopping adventures. The one bad thing is that lots of them are for fast food restaurants and you have to order what the job specifies. DH says I could order it and then throw it out. It seems like such a waste but if I eat it, its such a waste on me. At least they reimburse what you buy and for those jobs I get paid $10/per job. Not too bad. We've both still got colds so yesterday we bummed around the house watching lots of our movies and of course The Brier final (men's national curling finals for all you non-Canadians). DH worked onhis resume and is going to talk to our old boss today to see if he can throw him a couple of shifts a week. It would really be an ideal job for a second job. Self-serve gas station-you just run the till and sit on your butt til you have to do some minor cleaning. When we worked there it used to be split - serve so a little more work but really after 7 its pretty slack. Hopefully it will work out.
I had my Dr. appointment this morning. It was just a meet and greet b/c she's new to me. I have to go back to see about my BP on Thursday. BTW my BP has dropped quite a bit! I know its d/t the changes I've made and b/c I'm losing weight! I did my weekly WI this am and I'm down another 3lbs! YEEHAW!! Makes me want to sing "I'm moving on up" Well DOWN actually! Woohoo! I've got my food all planned for today too and it looks good! This week is PMS for me. I'm good right now and I hope it stays that way but we'll see. Cravings suck.

Ali, Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thanks for starting the challenge. Do you think you man will plan something romantic to propose officially? You'll have to let us know the details when it happens.

Lori, glad you got a house you like. Now the countdown begins for the move in. Do you guys need to paint or anything before you settle? Good luck eating right today. We can do it!

Jess, Did I read your post right-you lost 8lbs in a week?? Seems too good to be true but if you did good for you!

Anyway I should go. I've more paperwork today before I go do some more errands. After that its off to work. Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Rhubarb- Congrats on the new car...I have never had a brand new car...seems so exciting. Congrats on the weight loss! You go right ahead and sing you deserve it.

Sweatergirl- Thank goodness for that challenge, I got so off track last week because of PMS and midterms of this week and I really needed that extra push. Congrats on the ring...is it white or yellow gold? Getting married and somone is having a baby so exciting.

Modkittn- Good luck on the house, we bought a house last year and i know how stressful it can be. Too bad we don't have all money in the world, right?

I ate so bad this weekend, My husband made nachos and red velvet cake. I swear he is sabatoging me! argh. Plus I had PMS and I am extremly stressed because of midterms are this week. I walked my dog and did pilates today so hopefully that will help. I won't even get on the scale until tomorrow to see the damage I have done.
By the way, why do the good guys finish last? I have to vent! I have worked my butt off all my life for everything I have and I always finish last and I know I am a better person blah blah. I am so sick of it. There is this girl or is so coniving in my class and she got this job at school over other people who deserved much more than her. She is such a brown noser and she will not be a good clincian, yet the other people who applied are ten times better than her. The stupid department head can't look passed her butt getting kissed. Sorry I am a little angry but I try to be a good person and I work so hard, just a little to sick to my stomach. Thanks for letting me vent, it was weight off my shoulders.
Closed Thread