Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #1  

Rest your weary fingers Slavika. I started it for you. Will check in later, Peggy
Old 05-03-2001, 08:46 AM   #2  
Net browser

Default ....ah how sweet it is

Good Morning

Thank you Peggy . "Talk" to everybody later.
Slavika
Old 05-03-2001, 10:07 AM   #3  

Good morning all. Thank you Peggy for saving Slavika from the dreaded task. It is good to have friends who will help you with hard work.

Today is the day!!!! ROOT CANAL!!!!! Please pray for me. It is scheduled for 12:15 our time. The endodontist is supposed to be very good even though she looks like a little girl. You oldtimers know how hard this will be for me. They gave me sleeping pill for last night (which is good---I have been averaging about 2 hours sleep for the last week) so I slept well. I take another one an hour before the procedure. Then they will use the nitrous oxide. So, hopefully, this will all be a blur by this time tomorrow. Don't forget to pray.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:36 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Default Thanks Peggy!

For starting the new thread. It is hard to beat Slavika especially when she starts them when eveyone is asleep!

Geri: I will be thinking of you today I know how hard its gonna be for you. But you will make it thru with flying colors!
Old 05-03-2001, 12:48 PM   #5  

Geri good luck today. I don't envy you. Been there, done that. I hated that big thing that they put in your mouth. It reminded me of a funnel. I was trying hard to not have a panic attack in the chair. I get claustrophobic when I am in a place and know that I can't leave. Slavika and Trudy I hope that you only say wonderful things about us at tea time since you "know" us so well. I'll give you a hint - my friends think that a lot of the blonde jokes are about me. I can't imagine why. I have a hard time telling the time when we are in another time zone. They ask me for the minutes and say they will figure out the hours. I have a mockingbird in the back yard. He sings all day and last nite I heard him singing at 2:30. I wonder when he sleeps. I just love to hear him. I had 2 wild canaries at one of the feeders yesterday. It is the one that Mr. Squirrel can't get to. He is a little pig. Trudy we are flying to New Orleans. There is a good internet site we use for good air fare. Flew to Portland, Oregon last fall for $178 round trip. And that was leaving from Greater Cincinnati which is a Delta Hub so you can't afford to leave from there. Found a nice hotel on the internet in the Garden District. We are so excited you would think that we were leaving tomorrow. I am tired from getting up so early and doing Slavika's job and doing my 2 mile walk already. Have a good day, Peggy We are taking the in-laws out for early bird dinner tonight.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:10 PM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Maria - Don't think I thought you were whining, not at all. Just if
you EVER get a little down about not being at home, think about us people
who rarely get over 100 miles away from our little piece of heaven! You
are such a world traveler and I am a tiny bit envious (okay, a LOT!) of
you!

Peggy - What a trooper! And guess what we have in common? My
friends think I have "blonde roots" too. You have figured out the best
way to travel, I think--economically!

Slavika - Just like everyone has told me lately, keep plugging
away with you WW program. Just 7 pounds isn't that much! Remember how
daunting it was when you first started? And no, a dishwasher, even
though it should, doesn't last forever! I remember my first--thought
I had died and gone to heaven. Now with only the two of us, I could not
do without it for more than a day! Makes a nice way to hide dishes
until I have a full load.

Geri - By the time you read this, your ordeal will be over, I
hope! Seems like last time you had some problems at the dentist, but I
kind of forgot what they were--was it scheduling? Yes, and as I write this
I am praying that you have an easy time.

Little Gabe has his surgery tomorrow. Thanks all for praying for him!
I just know he will be okay!
Glenda
Old 05-03-2001, 04:32 PM   #7  
Super Surfer

Default ..you must have set your alarm clock...

Peggy ..Looks like you were up at the crack of dawn to help out Slavika. I get a little claustrophobic too... I hate crowded elevators, or being stuck at a railway crossing with cars ahead, beside and behind me. I think it pays to check out the web for deals when travelling.
Geri.. by now the dreaded deed must be done. I was petrified last year when I had root canal done, so I know how you feel. When I got the bill I went into cardiac arrest.
Glenda.. little Gabe will be just fine, he has a lot of prayers going his way. A friend is a nurse in the Intensive Care Nursery and she sure has some sad stories. It's awful what some babies have to go through.
Slavika.. so... what did you do this morning when you found out Peggy was filling in for you?

I had to take my Aunt to the hospital this morning, she was having an ugly mole removed. But, when we were getting into the van to come home, I shut the door... on her wrist.... OUCH... .. it was an accident and I felt just awful. Luckily no damage was done.
My Mom is quite short and when she gets out of the van she has to kind of slide off the seat. Well, today her heels slid on some loose sand (left over from sanding the slippery streets) and she darn near slid right onto the cement. I managed to stop her and hubby came running and no damage was done. I am not going to press my luck, I will stay home the rest of the day and hopefully nothing else will happen.

Bye for now, will check back later
Old 05-03-2001, 04:53 PM   #8  

Trudy, you better not transport your mother and your aunt in your van anymore. It doesn't sound like they will survive your help. he he.

The root canal went okay. I didn't bite anyone, scream, or break down into tears hysterically. The nitrous oxide never took effect so I sat there like a big girl and took the whole thing in. They even thanked me for being such a good patient. I should have got that on tape so I can prove it was said. The novacaine is wearing off, though, and my mouth hurts.

DH's new computer came today (I told him you said to get the pentium IV, Lily, and he listened to you. Right now he is putting it in. You know he upgraded the old one, and it is so much faster----it really is. In fact, if he had known that he could improve the quality of the old one (which is mine now), so cheaply (less than $300), he wouldn't have bought the new one. He has been working steadily since Sat. and has done a good job. We have to get a new mouse. The old rolling mouse won't work with the new stuff. It really "smokes" (the 'puter, that is). The best part is it is downstairs, with the cable I am online all the time, so I can check in and post in a hurry. So, unfortunately for you guys, I will be posting a lot more.

Bought 3 more pair of shorts today---Liz Claiborne twills for $18 a pair---and this season's too. Am going to take back some of the cheap ones I bought last week. These are so much nicer. And I am thinking that I might have to exchange them for 10's. I got 12's, but they look pretty big. We will see after I try them on. Heaven's to Betsy----I am falling off to a short ton now
Old 05-03-2001, 07:43 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Geri: Im sure your glad the Root canal is over! The hard part is afterwards. Good for you DH getting the pentium 4 He will be happier for sure!

Trudy: I think I would stay home to if I was you. Doesnt sound like you had a very good day. Im sure your Aunt understands.

Peggy: my DH is always looking for good deal on the internet to. He finds them all the time. Much better than me. When are you going to New Orleans? Sounds like so much fun!

Glenda: Will be praying for Gabe tomorrow.

Slavika: You can get those 7 pound off in no time!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:46 PM   #10  
Net browser

Default .....somebody was eating pistachio nuts

Hi Everybody "SOMEBODY" allegedy was eating pistachio nuts a couple of days ago and "thought" they had dropped a shell in the dishwasher but didn't see it, so never did anything more about it. That "SOMEBODY" had the dishwasher repair man here today at 1:00 and had to pay $45.00 for the removal of the alleged pistachio nut from the pump. So....the dishwasher is fine. LOL
Geri I'm happy for you that your root canal is a thing of the past. There is nobody on the planet that hates going to the dentist more then me, so I sure understand.
Peggy see, all that "hard" work you did this morning has tired you out. In the "olden" days a group of women like us, would maybe have been, pen and paper "pen pals", but we really have come a long way.
Yep, you bet Trudy and I only say nice things about the gals on this board. On some of the boards, they argue so much, I can't believe it.
Glenda I am happy little Gabe's surgery is over and soon he will be all better. Please keep us posted
Trudy GEEZ, maybe your Mom and Aunt will start taking a shuttle bus in the future. Poor "Dollies".

I received a call from my DIL right at supper time. Grandson informed her he needed a cape or something to attend a "royal ball" at school, and he thought he would like to go as the king or maybe a prince, (if the kingship was already spoken for) hee hee. Of course the ball is tomorrow. Well, this Grandma came through in sewing up a blue cape with a white felt collar (pretend ermine fur) with lots of gold braiding, and gold coin things sewn on (I wonder why I even had them). He looked very regal. I told him to call me and let me know how the ball went.
Well good night all.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:04 AM   #11  

G'dy all,

Peggy I am so pleased for you the root canal treatment is over and went ok. You all say that you are the worse at the dentist but I am sure no-one is worse than me!!! Whilst away I should have gone to the dentist for a check up but I emailed him and told him I will see him when I am home. I will definetly do that as I could not bear to think of going to a strange dentist and having to 'break' him in
Are we all blondes here? I also am a blonde with a little help from a 'friend'.
It never ceases to amaze me how similar we are in so many ways.
I have never heard a mockingbird sing, it must be nice. I don't like caged birds but I do love them in the garden.
Your trip to New Orleans sounds great, yet another place we would love to visit, it has a great music history.
Glenda hope all went well with little Gabe, what a cute name, I have not heard that before.
Slavika you have just proven my theory that everything comes in handy at some time. Your grandson must have looked great.

It is science week in Sydney and last night we went to a science presentation in the town hall. Sounds pretty boring but the two presenters are and were very entertaining.
One little piece of practical science I will share with you. They got everyone (2000 in the audience) to stand up and the object of the excercise was that if you tickle yourself you don't laugh and find it all a bit of a bore. On the count of three we had to tickle ourselves (feeling like absolute fools!) to prove the point that the brain knows when you are about to tickle yourself so no reaction. Now the second part of the experiment, on the count of three we were to tickle the person next to us. You should have heard all the giggling and laughing! It was a fun way to prove in a very small way how the brain reacts.

I feel really good and was a little worried about buying the mother of the bride outfit as it is VERY snug
However it has certainly given me a new incentive and I am very positive that in time to come I will post my photo wearing this stunning outfit!
Trudy It is a little hard to explain what it looks like but it is a very pale apple green, a shell top in crepe material with a matching satin panelled skirt and then an organza jacket with the cuffs and hem of the jacket in the same fabric as the skirt. I couldn't possibly show you in a photo now but will definetly do so when it fits beautifully
Have a great day all, by the way my new computer is great, so fast.
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 05-04-2001 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2001, 09:45 AM   #12  

Good morning all. Maria leads the most interesting life. Remember Donna----she used to do some interesting things. I think that Maria had surrpassed her though. Even Donna didn't have tickling lessons. (I tried it; she's right. I didn't laugh).

Had a rough night. Nobody told me it would hurt afterwards. I wonder why. I can't chew on the affected side and found dinner a chore last night. I had prepared a bar-b-que chicken pizza for the grown-ups and Dino chicken nuggets and fries for the kids and I couldn't eat it. The crust was so crispy (some people might have considered it burned) that you couldn't eat it without completely closing your mouth. I couldn't stand to have the lower tooth touch the root canal tooth. Fortunately I had some leftover pasta primavera (soft) from the other day so I wasn't forced to starve. Fat chance of that happening Even the salad was difficult to eat. I guess lunch didn't hurt because the novacaine was still working. Wonder how today will go.

Plan on cleaning out the deep freezer today. It is time to defrost. I need to pitch some food too. There is stuff out there (freezer is in the garage) that I brought with me when I moved 3 years ago. Do you think I could safely pitch it?
Old 05-04-2001, 09:48 AM   #13  

Glenda I hope little Gabe came through his surgery o.k. With all the love and prayers that he is getting I am sure that he will be o.k. Just don't let Trudy anywhere near. God knows what will happen. Geri I am glad to hear that you survived. What a deal on Liz shorts. You might have to steal Maria's name of bargain hunter. And to go get 10's. I don't think I was born a 10. I am glad to hear that "SOMEBODY" lives in other houses besides mine. We used to have "I don't know" when the boys were younger. I remember going on vacation when they were in college and when I came home the corner of my glass dining table was broken. I don't know did it. What a grandma you are Slavika. The cape sounds cute. Goes to show that you should never part with "things". You never know when they will come in handy. Maria your dress sounds very pretty. It will go very nice with "blonde" hair. I use a champagne color. It is amazing how similar we all are. The mockingbird is busy singing. He has added a new sound. It sounds like a cell phone. You can't get away from them. Have a good weekend everyone. Peggy
Old 05-04-2001, 11:45 AM   #14  

Any report on Gabe yet?

I use blonde highlights. Does that count? They used to call it frosting; now they wrap it in foil and charge you by the individual foils. Frosting was cheaper though more painful.

Make sure you post a picture, Maria. It won't take much to get into that dress. It sounds lovely. I know how you feel. I bought an absolutey gorgeous light teal silk dress with matching jacket slacks and tank top. I will have to lose at least 10 0or 12# to wear it. The jacket fits now (I won't lose weight in my shoulders), but nothing else does. I refused to spend that kind of money on something for 1 season so now I have to lose weight. I have that dress/suit hanging so it is the first thing I see when I walk in the closet. Wonder how long it will take? I will let you know when I finally get into it.

Last edited by Geri; 05-04-2001 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:09 PM   #15  
Fun Blonde

Good grief, Slavika, You just passed the "Grandma" test! I would be so "stopped in my tracks" if I had to come up with a regal cape in one evening! Your munchkins are so lucky to have you because you are an .

Geri - You have become so brave! And it will be wonderful having more contact with you! Taking clothes back because you bought them too big is something we all want to experience! I am very proud of you! So is your church group all doing as well as you are?

Just got word from my sister. Little Gabe came through his surgery just fine and they do think it was just a fluid-filed cyst but have sent it off for biopsy. The little guy can eat in about 3 hours. He certainly has been a trooper!

Trudy - Just to be on the safe side, why don't you take a cab next time you transport some poor unsuspecting victims, uh people?

Hope everyone is doing great! Let me ask a question of you all. In your grocery stores do they carry low-fat or reduced-fat graham cracker crusts for pies or do you always have to make your own?
Glenda
Closed Thread