Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 07:37 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Get Moving Monday!

Morning Ladies!
I attached this from the Skinny Daily because I saw myself in it BIG TIME
exercise wise I haven't been. I'm sore in pain etc its a royal PAIN IN MY ARSE at the same time I'm using this as an excuse to not accomplish much. Today this changes. I have been slacking off and Today I will complete the TV project I have been dodging and go head first into the new one that gets pushed back for the old. I have PT tonight tho I might rearrange my schedule mom is having a buyer sign for the house today I'm glad for her but sad for me
We had a fun weekend but foodwise not so great My sis had a party sat night and while I didn't drink Sis puts out an ongoing spread of food My OP plans were out the window
Yesterday I let the depression Monster Get me both from the news of the potential sale and we were supposed to go to a funeral which I just couldn't handle. So instead I made pasta alfredo butter cheese and half and half and then I went out with friends for coffee and had apple crumb pie ala mode
This morning Back on Track! I got a nice weight loss complement from a good friend of mine too as I was snarfign the pie goodness
I have Chicken boiling for homeade chicken soup on the stove as of about a half hour ago skin on but that will be removed and the soup will be defatted later (which is why i started so early)
I'm going to snag some oatmeal and start my day!
Love Kierie
Sloth Bait
I am not sure whether I need a surgeon or an exterminator.

I have a three-toed sloth, bradypus variegatus, hanging from my neck. That is, his long fore-claws are wrapped around my left jugular, but his back claws are wound tightly around my heart. He hangs there, heavy and slow, pulling at my neck and heart when I move or roll over. He moved in around midnight, November 2, and I haven’t been able to get rid of him.

You know how I hate to diagnose myself, not being a medical professional. And I can’t find my condition using the symptom checker at webmd.com, but even without the texts or a decent sloth-infestation Yahoo discussion group to back me up, I’m fairly certain. It’s troublesome to me that I cannot make anyone see the animal, but I certainly feel him, all 10 lbs. of him, hanging there, at my neck, at my heart. Those long, long claws.

Above all, I can feel his claws. Once in awhile he shifts his grip, regrips, and settles again.

And of course, spending time with a sloth is nothing if not draining. One should not associate with them if one wants to be productive. I find myself influenced by his every behavior, moving more slowly, blinking and staring and using very little energy. I did not exercise at all last week.

But today is a beautiful November day. Sparkling and bright. The leaves are nearly gone, and the woods are a completely different place than they have been. The last left, the over-wintering animals are busy at their industry. Squirrels gathering what they can, mice packing their bags for the big move into my house. I would be enjoying all this bustle but for this creature who has taken over my life.

I think it’s time for him to go.

How to get rid of an unwanted sloth? It’s nearly impossible to scare them. They don’t scare. You can’t really lure them with food, they burn so few calories, and are content to eat whatever’s in front of them, or not at all. The best thing one can do is make the entire habitat unappealing so that they, by degrees, become annoyed enough to expend their precious energy and move on: Exercise. Sloths loathe action.

So, I’m off. Strapping on my shoes and heading for a long hike through this crisp day. It may take a few long, long, long hikes like this one before I’m able to fully extricate this creature, encourage him to move along. But move along he must. I’ve got work to do.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hey all,

Sorry to be MIA, I was helping my parents find a place to live on Thursday/Friday and now have a place and all so that's good. They'll be moving in the middle of December.Anyway this week is hectic, I got an extra shift tonight and will be working a grand total of 23 hours this week on top of my usual scehdule (save for Thursday where I have the day off during the day, but am working the night). I'll try not to get burned out.

Also binged yesterday... bad bad bad, I know, I've been soooo good, oh well it happens. Even my therapist has warned me it's very easy to slip and not to get discouraged when I do... I know it was a mix of lack of protien and fatigue, so I am picking myself up and continuing on my progress.

Kierie: Don't worry hun, I have done some self-medicating on food too... take care!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Default And Baby Makes Three

Hey ladies! I have some news....TOM never came....and I took a test, or six, and.....I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!

I go today for my confirmation visit at the doc. I'd only be a few weeks (they count from the first day of your last period, which puts me at 5 weeks today, but if you count from conception, more like three weeks...who thought of that system anyway!!). So, still very early, and I am totally high risk, but I thought it'd be OK to post...even if it did miscarry later on.

I can't be negative about it, so I am being VERY positive and just treating this like I am a normal healthy woman with a preganacy and there isn't any reason to worry right now!

This was MUCH sooner than we both expected, but we're both super happy. It doesn't really feel real yet! We told my sisters and mom (and Brother in laws) and I told my best friend. I will tell my dad and that is all, til we're further along.

So...no more WW-ing. I did WI today and was at 217.6. So up 0.2, which is good. That is my official pre-natal WI!! :O) At home that is.

TTFN
Old 11-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Belle: OMG!!! Congrats, that is awesome . You must be on . Take care of yourself and congrats once again!

Ali
Old 11-08-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL EEEEEEEEEEEEE
I"m soo excited for you!!!!!! I'm putting you and your baby to be in my novena lady
You have put a permanent smile On my face for today!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Belle !! I'm happy for you
Old 11-08-2004, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick update on me, I'm done one day of South Beach, I had the most crazy headache yesterday and this morning.. but its gone now. I'm excited to lose weight from this, and am feeling like I *can* do this! It's a great kick off to the winter, where all I want to do is eat, and eat badly. I'm so impressed how you guys eat bad one meal, and then gather yourself back together and get back to it. I always find one reason or another to keep eating badly, which is why I resort to things like South Beach diet to get rid of all the sugar, wheat and caffiene in my body. I am off to work, take care girls!

Congrats again Belle - now more than ever you gotta eat healthy.. you are eating for two!

-Aimee
Old 11-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Aimee: I couldn't stay on South Beach forever, but the two week induction plan although is tough does help get rid of sugar cravings. Good Luck with it!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

This weekend was my sugar binge and I know how sick i get from sugar so I moderate it and have it where it counts but generally i don't keep that in my house
right now I'm working on an article and when that gets mentally overloaded lol i'm boning and skinning cooked chicken (ahh domestic bliss) soup takes a long time to cool!
Aimee congrats on beingon day 2 and kicking arse
Old 11-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #10  

Hi all! i am here lurking but haven't had time to psot! Belle-congratulations!!! I have started exercising again-went to the gym yesterday and ran three times last week-now if I could just get the eating under control-I am doing ok with portions at meals but the snacks kill me!!! I need to figure out how to make a ticker-they are cool!
Old 11-08-2004, 06:13 PM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Congratulations, Belle (or should I call you Momma Belle?)!! I'm so happy for you! Stay positive and take extra special care of yourself for me.

I'm afraid that I don't have any big news to report today. I ate too much over the weekend, but managed to resist the urge to have "just one more" day to overeat and am back OP today, so that's an accomplishment. Here's how I did the last few days. Friday, I didn't eat much because I wasn't feeling well. I had a bowl of egg drop soup and white rice for lunch. Dinner was just more rice. Saturday, I had a craft fair for my scrapbooking/stamping business and had two soft pretzels, a sloppy joe, bag of chips, and Hershey bar. Of course, eating too much during the course of the day wasn't enough, I had to order a pasta bake and cheesesticks from Pizza Hut to really ruin my eating. Yesterday, I had two cookies from Subway for lunch/breakfast (real healthy, I know) and a Barbarian (a.k.a. Freakin' Huge) Bowl from the Mongolian Grill. I thought I got a lot of vegetables, but I think I actually had more noodles and meat than anything. And I ate it all. But, on the bright side, I was actually planning to stop at Burger King and get something fried with King Size french fries, but I did Mongolian Grill instead. One small step...

So, I'm thinking of getting another dog, which is exactly what I don't need. Her name is Daphney and she's at the Omaha Humane Society. She's a one-eyed rat terrier who's had a rough life and I think she'd get along well with Daisy. I really don't have the money to do it and I don't know what Daisy would think, but I think I'll at least go and look at her tomorrow night. I know me and I have a feeling that even without going and looking at her, I'll probably end up adopting her because it's too late to talk myself out of it. Why do I do this?

Hey guys, what do you say we have an exercise challenge? It will tie in with what I'm doing here at work with my co-workers, so hopefully I'll have no problem doing it. I'll start the thread for that. If there's no interest, ain't no big thang.

Kier--I'm with ya on the no exercising lately thing. I moved for 1/2 hour on Monday and Tuesday, but by Wednesday, I was so busy that I couldn't get much exercise in. Hopefully the challenge in addition to what us gals here at work are doing will motivate me.

Ali--I don't think that you should think in terms of bad, bad, bad. It's a disease just like any other and we can't help it. Sometimes the guilt makes us eat more, so please just figure you have a clean slate and start fresh this week--with no guilt. Mmmmkay?

Aimee--Good luck with SBD!! I think it's a great diet and makes perfect sense. I tried it for awhile and learned some VERY helpful things--like what foods cause my blood sugar to spike and leave me shaking and ravenous a few hours later. Keep up the good work, doll!

OK, I really need to get some work done now. See ya!
Closed Thread