Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 11:01 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters for August

Hi All,
We have a great group here. Please come join in the conversation!

Can you believe it's August! I don't want my summer to go so fast. It's my favorite time of the year. I know, it's hot and humid where I live but it's wonderful.....I don't like cold and wet and cold (did I mention cold ).
Let's all try exercising more this month. And, let's drink more water and decaf drinks.

Anyone have a goal for the month? Please share.
Tina
Old 08-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I hope you don't mind that I pulled this off the old thread and put it on the new one.
Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well. Tammy I am so happy that you didn't get diagnosed with MS. Just the thought must have been so scary! I have a friend who has been diagnosed with it. She has her good days and her bad days. We can only hope that it takes a VERY long time to progress. They told her someday she would probably be in a wheelchair. But we have faith and God works maricles. Hope they clear up that awful sinus infection for you.
Tina hope your grilling night went well and you all had fun. I love to grill.
I am still trying to keep my butt OP. Not doing all that great yet but I won't give up.
Hope everyone has a great week coming up. Take care......Sis
Old 08-04-2004, 10:42 PM   #3  

I finally got my bedroom painted, tomorrow I will move my stuff back into my room.
Saturday I will be driving back to Detroit to pick up Dan, I really missed him. Not too much else going on, take care all.
Mimi
Old 08-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi ya'll,

Just a quick note to say hi. The baby is hanging in there. On Saturday, he will be 4 weeks old. We still don't know how much he has gained due to all of the swelling. Last weight we had on him was 1 pound 9 ounces. Please keep him in your prayers. We still have a long road ahead of us.

I'm off to bed and hopefully I'll get some sleep. I wake up and go to the hopsital. My entire world is in his little isolette.

susan
Old 08-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #5  

Default Hello

Hello,

I just wanted to report in, returning after several years absence. I haven't sorted out specific goals yet, I just need to get going on weight loss. It will take 4-5 months I think to get where I am comfortable and can fit into my old clothes.

I am on a sort-of weight watchers plan, haven't officially rejoined them (yet, any way). I noticed from other messages here that there is a new WW plan, anyone have anything to say about it yet? I was last in WW in 2002.

Today I will be doing at least 10 minutes exercise and journaling what I eat. I have an 'exercise accountability buddy' lined up (I am SO grateful to her).

Well - It's a start. Hope to meet you all though these messages as time goes on.

Love to all!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Default Welcome

Hi Easter Goal
Welcome back!!!
You'll find lots of support here.
Here is a good place to find out what WW is doing now. I tried this and lost.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/downlo...atingGuide.pdf
Tina
Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #7  

Thumbs up WW Guide

Thanks, Tina!
These look good.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Default It's Saturday

Happy Saturday,
We all hope Susan and family are doing well. Our prayers are still with Seamus.
Tammy , I hope you had a blast at Band Camp and come home in one piece.
Mimi , I hope you and Dan have a safe trip coming home from Detroit. Did you eat anything yummy while there?
Sis and Maureen, how are things?
Easter Goal, you are an inspiration, doing your exercises.

We have 4 new members on the weigh-in thread----Lea, Jamie, Sarahjene, and Brittles. Let's all make them feel welcome.
It's actually a little cooler here this weekend. I might get out in the yard and expend some calories.
Tina
Old 08-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Well guys, according to my scales this morning I am down about 5 lbs of the approx. 12 lbs I gained a little before, during and after my surgery!! It makes me feel MUCH better to have a handle on things again. I was beginning to wonder if I had lost my strength to do this. I have also been drinking my water which makes me feel better too. Why is it we know something makes us feel better yet we don't do it even when its so easy???
Susan, my prayers are definately with all of you and yours. Take care of yourself.
Welcome Eastergoal. YOU CAN DO IT.
Welcome all new people. This is a great bunch of people here.
Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week end.....Sis
Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #10  
Walkn my way to thinville

Hi Everyone! Thought I would join in here since I joined in on the weight in thread. A little about me I guess is that Im single, 27, I have two children, and right now I spend my days with my gram who has end stage brain cancer. I have been taking care of her for two years and went through a very bad depression for about six months and gained alot of weight, I am getting past that now thanks to a few good friends and really wanting to get back in shape and start exercising regularly again.

My goal this month I guess would be to walk as much as possible while summer is here and its nice and warm.

My non wieght loss goal is to find a part time job in evenings to save up for a real estate class I want to take and to give me some extra spending money to buy all them new clothes I will need

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #11  
Susan

Welcome to Our Group!!! I have to say we are an AWESOME group. We are extremely close as I'm sure you will find out.

Thank you for all of the prayers. We really appreciate them. Yesterday was a good day for Seamus. Hopefully today will be too. I'm ready for some boring days where he just grows some. The doctor told me yesterday that if he wasn't swollen he would be 2 pounds and 6 oz.

I'll try to write more tonight after I go see my little guy.

Susan
Old 08-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #12  

Hi gang!!!! Home from band camp. I am totally pooed out, but it was so much fun (as usual!!). I can't believe that next year will be my last year to chaperone since Tim will be a senior. Maybe I could just become a permanent chaperone for the band. lol

Welcome to all of the new people!!! Awesome group here, and we're glad to have you with us.

Susan, hang in there!!!! Boring days will be good for you. Tell Seamus that all of his aunts here on the board love him. We kind of like his parents too!!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:47 PM   #13  
Susan

Guess what!!!!

I got to hold Séamus yesterday for the first time. He was 4 weeks old too. It was a great day. Got to hold him again today and to top it off they were going to try giving him 1 cc of breast milk every 6 hours to see how he does. I'll pass the message along to him from hi aunts.

Tammy, I'm sure the band would love for you to be a permanent chaperone.

Susan
Old 08-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Good evening all,
I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
Susan , that is so great you getting to hold Seamus. Give him our love.
Tina
Old 08-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #15  

Default Tuesday's a great day!

Hello again,

I've been away from the PC and just catching up on the posts since Friday. Thanks Sis and Tina for your welcome and encouragement, Jamie you are an inspiration really, thanks so much for sharing about your plans. Susan, what a wonderful report about holding Séamus.

My progress has been mostly through starting to journal and seeing how 'out of control' I am eating wrong things or too much food that I just should not. It's a step. My 'workout' this weekend consisted of a lot of heavy slogging of boxes of books and other things and up/down stairs, doing some long needed cleanout of the basement. Not quite a formal exercise program, but also a start.

Thankfully, today is a new day and a new start. Does anyone know where a food listing with WW points is freely available on the web? I know about Dottie's site, but was hoping for something that allows me to search just by food name. I seem to have lost my handy reference book, although many of the point values seem to be permanently imprinted on my brain!

Keep up the good work and drink your water!
Closed Thread