View Poll Results: What food type is you biggest downfall??
Chips/Salty Snacks 7 28.00%
Candy/Chocolate 5 20.00%
Fast Food 6 24.00%
Ice Cream/Frozen Treats 2 8.00%
Cake/Cookies 3 12.00%
Other - Please Explain 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 12:35 PM   #16  
Parrothead

Default Hi everyone!

WAY TO GO ALI!!!! Hopefully this week I'll be closer to goal also. Send some good luck dust my way!

Everyone who stayed OP this weekend ~ good job. I don't think I was OP completely, but I was close. I have a goal of working out 5 to 6 days a week before the cruise and so far so good.

Brenda ~ 100 sit ups WOW! Thats awesome.

Jen and Angie ~ The cute baby stories are too precious! Once DH and I get our travel bugs medicated, we'll be right there. The cruise is a start!

As far as my weakness goes ~ French Fries really salty and any kind of Mexican food.

Smoking Update ~ One week and 1 1/2 days smoke free! It was hard this weekend but I did it. Thank goodness that DH is quitting too. We can whine to each other when we want one.

Oh I almost forgot ~ I went shopping yesterday for and Easter dress. Well, I went to Ann Taylor and ended up buying two dresses because they we're SIZE 6!!! I haven't been in a 6 since high school. Maybe they are cut larger, but I don't care. I didn't even look at the price tag ! DH will be shocked when the Discover bill comes in. LOL!

Anyway, I gotta run!
Have a great day all!
Kay
Old 04-09-2001, 12:38 PM   #17  

Good morning everyone!

I have read most of the posts since Friday, but I must say, it is hard to keep up!

I am really busy at work, for most of this week, but I hope to be able to post at least once a day!

I stayed the same at WI on Sat., which was awesome, since my journaling has been a little weak lately! But, DH and I bought mountain bikes and a trailer for the kids, so that was a terrific workout on Saturday. We hope to do it every night (as long as it isn't raining!)

Congrats to those who lost last week, that is awesome!

A big "Hello" to everyone else, sorry I couldn't post individually!

Check in later....
Old 04-09-2001, 12:58 PM   #18  

Default I can't wait to have kids!

hello ladies!

I loved reading about the two little emma's. They sound absolutely adorable.

Ali~ WAY TO GO! on that loss!!! WOW!

Shayle~ you have absolutely good reason to be mad and have a trust issue with this person!!

Kay~ good job on the smoke less weekend!!! you can do this!!!!

Work is incredibly busy today. BF bought me a new exercise machine for my b-day! A x-trainer. I chipped in for it but I'm psyched!

Okay have a good one~
Old 04-09-2001, 01:12 PM   #19  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default A New Day has Dawned!

Thanks for the encouragement on Friday. I just had a bit of a meltdown I guess. I got a lot of rest this weekend though so that helped and I plan to continue to try and get an adequate amount of sleep to help my moods Um I did O.K. this weekend. I didn't exercise though. I am going to aerobics tonight though. I had subway for lunch and I am determined!!!
I plan to get on track now b/c 8 weeks till Grand Cayman. I tried on a B-suit this am and if that doesn't inspire me nothing will YIKES OH Well!

Jen-YOu are becoming the exercise goddess. It is funny once you get on a roll it can be addicting. I am pretty into it minus this weekends setback.
Lisa-Let us know how WI goes and I am sure the exercies made up for being a bit over on pts.
Brenda-The PL party was great last night. I think I may host one. I got the Meadow set (I think) and the 3 votive set (I forget the name) and 6" handipped and a couple dozen votives the 2nd of which was $5 b/c I spent over 40. Anyways in short I like the new line I love the firefly for the wall and the dancing stems. I may try and get those from my party. Also Where do you get your quotes? I love them.
Shalyne-I think the license thing is a pretty big deal. It would be diff. if she told you and you were ok with it but she kept it from you purposely (you don't forget your license is suspended) I think it is forgivable though. We all do dumb things.
Kier-I hope stress doesn't get the best of you this wk. ENjoy your beautiful weather though b/c we had record highs yesterday and today it is cold and rainy
Trish- I can't get over the oatmeal thing. I bet your cholestrol is in check though
Belle-Doesn'ty the play station thing kill ya? My sisters and I don't get it all of our significant other's are obsessed with it. It can get extremely annoying but when the newness wears off it becomes a bit more tolerable b/c they will play sporadically.
Angie-I don't think I have said HI! so HI and it is great to have you here! I am a former NKOTB fan. I was going to marry Joey! Scary memories
Lori-Sorry about WI I had a bad one too. It sent me on a bit of a depression kick but we can do this . Next week will be better. I am sure!
Ali- Congrats Blondie Almost at Goal! Whew hoo!!
Kay- a sz. 6 how exciting. I am impressed that you stopped at 2 dresses. I f I were a sz 6 I would buy out the store O.k. Not really I forgot about the whole money part of that statement!
Tonya-I need to get a mountain bike too. I bet that is a lot of fun!
Talk to you soon,
Becky
Old 04-09-2001, 01:42 PM   #20  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Manic Monday

Good Golly this is going to be a busy week! Yes, I'm going to WI, but I'm not looking forward to it!! I bought the Chocolate Creme eggs at the store last night, but made a deal with myself. The only way I can eat an egg is if I've either walked for 20 minutes or gone to the gym. So, I walked today and am saving the egg for my afternoon snack. I can't wait!!
I don't have too much time before my boss comes back from lunch, so I'll make this short.
Trish: How did the resurrection cookies turn out?
Brenda: Way to go with the sit-ups!! That rocks!
Jen: I envy you and your drive for excercise. Too bad I have to promise myself candy just to get to the gym. Would you post your pizza crust recipe? It sounds wonderful!!!
Lori: Were you asking about hochmagandy? Kirsty (and Lolly, too, I think) taught us this word. It is another term for sex. It's 2 points earned, too!!
Kirsty: Where are you today?? It's not easter, yet!
I hear boss coming so I'd better get, but hopefully I'll be back this afternoon.
Hey, only one more week of no ice cream. Easter is coming! Yippee!! Does anyone else have Holy Week services at church? I'm singing on Thursday, Good Friday and at both services on Sunday, so unfortunately I can't have my beloved ice cream until after church Sunday. (milk products are bad for my throat)
Have a great day!!!
Old 04-09-2001, 01:54 PM   #21  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Stacy.... My Pizza Crust recipe is at home. I will bring it and post it. It is made in the bread machine, so it is really easy!!!! If anyone else has recipes to post... we should start a recipes thread!!!
Old 04-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #22  
Eve's Mom

Default Creme Eggs, Platinum Blonde and Other Disasters.

Had easter dinner last night, which went well, ham, veggies, potatoes, mom made low cal cheesecake, it was good...and boughtme lots of yummy Creme Eggs - Caramilk ones too!!! EEEOUCH. Tried to pon off on b/f buthe doesnt liek them (????). OH well....will give to neice on weekend.

Ali, yes, they are still together and just as...well....just like they were, for lack of better words. I had fun!!! Woo hoo on your loss!!!

Shaylne - I'd be mad, yes. without a doubt.

Becky - I just don't get it. He played a PS2 game for 9 hours straight (with pee and eat breaks only). Both my brothers in law too....very very scarey!!!

I have to run, but I wanted to post this, to all of us withmen probs, keep this in mind:

For the princess in all of us
>
>Once upon a time, in a land far away, a
>beautiful, independent, self-assured princess
>happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological
>issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a
>verdant meadow near her castle.
>The frog hopped
>into the Princess' lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was
>once a handsome Prince, until an evil witch cast a spell
>upon me.One kiss from you, however, and I will turn
>back into the dapper, young Prince that I am and
>then, my sweet, we can marry and setup housekeeping in yon
>castle with my Mother, where you can prepare my
>meals, clean my clothes, bear my children,and
>forever feel grateful and happy doing so.
>That night,on a repast of lightly sauteed frogs legs
>seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce,she
>chuckled to herself and thought:
>I don't f*&ing think so.
Old 04-09-2001, 02:00 PM   #23  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Chocolate!!

I forgot to share how I voted on the poll. I am definitely the chocolate/Candy girl. I love skittles and twizzlers and am obsessed with Chocolate anything. I am not a salt eater so chips are not tempting to me at all! Thank God b/c if I craved Choc, Candy and chips I would be in trouble.
Stacey-I have easter services. There is one on Friday but I cannot attend and then Sat. my choir is singing at the Masonic Temple. Which is a very historical place in Detroit. I understand that the acoustics are unbelievable. I am impressed that you can restrict yourself to one egg! I have no will power with Choc. Especially the reeses peanut butter eggs UHHHHHHH!
Suzanne- we were posting at the same time earlier is an x-trainer that same as an elliptical trainer b/c I love those. What a great gift
Check in later,
Becky
BTW I just figured out that in order to meet my Grand Cayman goal I will have to lose 2.5 pds a wk. I think I can do it Do you guys think it is unrealistic though?!? Let me know your HONEST opinion Please
Old 04-09-2001, 02:03 PM   #24  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default The results are in....

Hi girls.

Well, I'm down .5 - not much, but that's okay. It's TOM and I was over a couple days... so I'm not disappointed. It's still a loss. Also, I seem to have a cycle. I'll lose like .5 or 1.0 one week, and then 2.5 or 3.0 the next... it seems to be the way my body loses.

Belle - Tell me how U2 is. I get to see them in June. I can hardly wait.

Angie - Great on being OP. The weekend for me is always a challenge.

Lori - Feel Better. What WW in Boston do you go to? I do WW at work in Hopkinton... but I used to go to WW at the holiday inn in brookline.

Brenda - Glad you're in a good mood. That's quite an accomplishment for a MOnday I'm in a good modd too, because it's like Thursday for me. I work tomorrow, and then I leave for the Gulf Coast. Yeah!

Shaylene, you have every right to be pissed. I definately would have been.

Ali - OMG!!! I think we'll have a little celebration VERY SOON. Congrat's on the 1.6. I bet you're psyched to be almost to goal.

TxAggie.... if I ever get to a size 6, i know I'll start crying right there in the store. that must feel wonderful.

Grace!!!!! Where in Grand Cayman will you be staying? My family has a time share on 7 Mile Beach. I love the Cayman Islands. We go every year. My family goes twice a year, but I can usually only afford once. Have you ever been there before? It's like Heaven there. Let me know if you have any questions... I'm going in November and can hardly wait.

okay ladies... have a great day!

Lisa
Old 04-09-2001, 02:25 PM   #25  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hey girlies!

How's everyone? I didn't post all weekend, or come to think of it, I might not have posted Friday because I was busy. Bleh. Hate work. Wish I could do nothing all day intead, because it's 80 degrees outside, sunny and so beautiful! Yesterday I took the dogs for a long walk (a couple of miles). What's cool about walking my monsters is that I get an arm workout too. They're both about 50 lbs., and they really walk me instead of vice versa. I get lots of smiles when walking down the street. I've TRIED to train them better, one of them has been to obedience, but get the two of them together and all bets are off. At least they were tired on the way back and it was a little easier!

Brenda: 100 sit-ups? You go, girl! I need to start doing crunches. I'm afraid I'm not very good about it, which is silly considering that it doesn't take much time and is basically easy. (Until the muscles start to burn that is!)

Ali: Congrats on the loss! You must be so excited to be so close to goal!

Shalyne: I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. Did your friend forget his/her license was suspended or forget to tell you? I'm with you, though, it's definitely a trust issue.

EVERYONE: STAY AWAY FROM EASTER CANDY! CANDY IS BAD! Don't even buy it! (I did eat two mini Milky Way bars on Friday, but someone offered them to me. What could I do? ). I don't like those Cadbury Creme Eggs, so that's good for me, at least! And I don't have any family members who send me Easter baskets anymore. That's a good thing. Remember: if you gotta eat Easter candy, eat jelly beans. At least they're fat free!

I'm trying to stay OP today. I did OK Friday and Sunday, but Saturday was off the charts. I went to a party ... and drank a whole bottle of wine. What's strange is that I hardly felt it, and I don't drink much these days. I did space it out over about 5 hours, so that might be why. The party was a cookout, too, so I ate way too much of yummy pasta salads, bread and a burger. Today I had yogurt, Grape-nuts and strawberries for breakfast (very yummy, if anyone hasn't tried it) and a slice of pizza for lunch. Not too bad ...

Well, time to do a little work. I need to find a reason to get out of the office today.
Old 04-09-2001, 03:28 PM   #26  
flibbertobbergenie!

Talking Word of the day - PACZKI

Pron PONCH-ki. Means 'doughnuts' in Polish. It is a very, very bad and dangerous word to know if, like me, you go to Poland and your Polish is limited, because whenever you are hungry you find yourself walking into a cake shop and asking for paczki ... Interesting that I can never remember the Polish for 'a small bag of fresh baby carrots please' ...

How is everyone? Jen - YIPPEE on your WI! And on the exercise ...

Kierie - good to see you again! Hope the prof isn't too narky about your paper ...

Belle - you must be Bridget reincarnated! Glad U2 were good - I love their video for 'The Sweetest Thing', Bono's face is one of the funniest things ever, and when he gets that dog puppet thing on his hand ... Oh, love your story too!

Lori - respect for not changing your sig! Scales can be evil, you wait, next week it will go KER-CHING!!!

Brenda - 8 hours' sleep! What's your secret? I am having such trouble at the mo - can never shut my mind off from work, my brain just keeps fizzing. Tonight I am trying the long hot bath and chocolate treatment. YUM! Oh, and a CV is a curriculum vitae. I think you call it 'resumé' in the US?

Shalyne - I think I would be very unhappy if a friend omitted to tell me something loke that, and I agree that it has repercussions for trust in the relationship ... but at the same time, once you've said your piece, draw a line under it and move on. That's what I'd try and do, though I know it's not always that easy.

Ali - hope you're feeling better soon, but YIPPEE on the roommate and WOO HOO for being so close to goal!

Angie, Jen - the Emmas sound so cute! DON'T MAKE ME BROODY, I have to finish my thesis and find a job!!!

Trish - weren't you asking before about 'The Weakest Link'? I heard it was coming to the US. It's weird, it's like they're trying to make a hybrid of Millionaire and Big Brother, and the quiz mistress is evil and they try and make the contextants say evil things about each other. It's really popular, but I don't like it that much - it's not very interesting because you don't know the contestants and they don't know each other, so it doesn't really matter what they say about each other. Now when they do celebrity versions, THAT is funny.

Kay - that's so cool about the dresses (size 6!) and YAY! on keeping off the fags.

Everyone else, hugs! I have to go and eat chocolate (physical necessity!).

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-09-2001, 04:19 PM   #27  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Well, some evil person has put donuts in the break kitchen. so far, I have done well saying no. I brought my food and that is that! I will not give in. I went shopping this weekend for a new drass and some big shirt thing to cover my recently huge behind when I have my spring/summer pants on. Kay, wow a size six! That is so great. Lets just say that I am not a size six right now. But I deceided that I would not get anything bigger to wear. I will suffer in the stuff that is a bit too tight or I will never get down.

Oh, I need to go. This has taken me forever to type. Sorry I could not say HI to everyone.

Trish
Old 04-09-2001, 04:20 PM   #28  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Still Monday!

Boy do I have the major munchies today! I’ve tried to curb them by eating a 1 pt chocolate rice cake and eating fat free jello. My tummy is still growling. I’m going to eat lunch soon though. I’m with all of you whose husbands/bf’s love video games. I guess it fits with the fact that I say I will never grow up though! Everyone has to stay a kid partially

Shaylne: I think it’s an issue! They probably knew that you wouldn’t let them borrow your car if you new they didn’t have license. I would be pretty upset. It’s really a lie you know? Being truthful is a big part of a friendship. That’s my take.

Ali: Good to hear about your loss!!! I’m sorry you are sick though. Are we passing it around again? I think those tankini’s are soooo cute! Oh, and for you and Angie: I saw NKOTB when I was in middle school. The opened up for Tiffany. I can’t believe I’m admitting this! I still have tapes for both of them too

Kay: Size 6!!! Wow It doesn’t matter if they are cut bigger. The number on the tag is all that counts! I’m interested to see what size I end up at. I’ve tried to figure out what size I will end up as but the best I can come up with is between a 6 & 8? That just sounds so small to me b/c the last time I was probably that small was elementary school when I was still growing!

Becky: I’m glad you had fun at the party! The Meadow Breeze Duet is one(I got one set for a friend as a House Warming gift – they look great in her bathroom), but there are several sets that come in threes. Is it the Jeweled candle holders in the regular catalog? They almost look like tulips, one is green, one blue, and one orange/yellow? Definitely host one! You get so much free stuff! I was a hostess for 2/12 years before I ever became a consultant. I have spring product on it’s way to me (I got it free!). I’m hoping it’s waiting for me when I get home! My quotes? I have a daily calendar that is all Kim Anderson pictures and that’s where I get most of them. I also get an E-mail from www.mailbits.com You can sign up to get quotes, trivia, jokes etc. For awhile I tried to keep track of all the quotes I really like, but there are way too many out there! 2.5 pounds a week is aggressive, but if you really stick to plan and exercise I think it’s attainable!

Stacey: I have to bribe myself too. I’m afraid to buy more Cadbury Cream Eggs, b/c I don’t have much control. I did OK b/c I counted them, but ended up having to basically skip meals b/c I did eat them!

Belle: HOWWWLLLL!!!! I think I have read that before but I love it!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE EGGS!!!

Lisa: Congrats on the loss! You are right, it IS a loss. Just keep it up. Oh, and send some tropical sun for me. I couldn’t believe how fast you soak up the sun closer to the equator! The Cayman Islands are one of my dream places to go to. Hubby and I WILL go there someday.

Kim! Feels like you’ve been gone awhile! I can sympathize on dog. Nes is only 5 ½ months old and already weighs 45 pounds. I think he’s about to hit another growing spurt. He’s getting better at ‘heel’ but it’s hard on my arm. I may be in trouble when he’s full grown (80 pounds maybe?).

Lolly: I had to laugh at your doughnut situation. Pull out that Polish/English dictionary and stop asking for Paczki!! Ah!!! CV = resume. Thank you! Oh, and I hardly ever get 8 hours sleep, but the weekend was so busy I just had to crash. Normally I average 5 or 6 (bad).

I’ve eaten now and my tummy is happy. My motivation is still here. Have to do those sit-ups when I get home! My boss bought an Ab-Do’er and she loves it. It’s $150 before shipping. I already have a Total Gym that I don’t use. I can’t get it situated to where I can really see the TV so I can watch while I work out (hey, I have to have some distraction to get through torture). I just don’t know that I can justify buying another piece of equipment when I have one that I already don’t use! Hmmmm………..

This quote definitely applies to all of us:

"Perseverance is not one long race; it's many short races one after another." -- general wisdom
Old 04-09-2001, 04:22 PM   #29  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Mmmmmm

The chocolate creme egg is SO worth the 4 points!! I can't believe it's not more!
I'm in love.
Must get back to work.
Have a great afternoon.
Hello to everyone!
Old 04-09-2001, 04:36 PM   #30  
Eve's Mom

Default Mini-creme eggs?

Stacey (and other creme egg lovers) my Mom gave me the mini ones for easter - how much are they worth do you think?? If one big one is 4, maybe 1.5 or 2??

If anyone knows....

Creme Egg Addict:
Belle
Closed Thread