Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2001, 10:57 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Lightbulb

Hey Girls! I'm so proud of myself! I was at the lowest end of my points I can be yestreday! (20) I had a candle party last night and I didn't eat anything! I hadn't even had dinner. It helps that the party was in the basement and the food was upstairs, but I'll take it. The weather was supposed to be rainy all day, but it's 9am and absolutely gorgeous. Nestle keeps jumping up on me as I'm trying to type He just wants to be played with. I just finished eating my morning oatmeal and then he and I are going to take a LONG walk. I need to wear off some of that enegy he has. Boy do I wish I could bottle it! Just had to drop in and share. I'm feeling like maybe this is a weekend I could possible stay OP
*hugs*
Old 04-07-2001, 08:37 PM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Brenda,

Great job on being able to say no! 20 points is low.....maybe you should eat a little snack just so you don't deprive yourself.

You are doing awesome!! Congrats to you.

Today is super slow around here isn't it. I was at a big business meeting convention today and I did pretty well today too! I had a 5 pt breakfast, a 8 pt lunch, a 3 pt snack, and a 8 pt supper for a grand total of 24! My range is 24-29. The best part of it is that I am not hungry. I had some snackwell chocolate chip cookies for a snack. Do you know that you can eat 13 cookies at only 3 pts??! I nearly croaked when I calculated it. Granted they are small....but 13!!!! I am a happy camper! So, I ate the cookies and boy did I feel like I cheated. That is what I love about this program.....I didn't cheat!

Anyways, I am gonna go, but hope everyone is having a great saturday!

(hugs)
Angie
Old 04-08-2001, 09:26 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default It's Sunday!

Hi Brenda, Angie, if you're around today! I am in an internet café (still in Madrid ...) on a Sunday because I had to find some way of printing out 5 copies each of my CV and an application letter for a job. The closing date is 2 weeks tomorrow, but since Spain shuts down over Easter I need to get it all sent asap. The job is a temporary lectureship in Spanish at Cambridge University and I don't have a hope in **** of getting it, because I don't have any teaching experience, but I am hoping to get an interview, because that will be valuable experience in itself. I love writing CVs! Of course, now I'm going to find a mistake on it and have to print out another 5 copies ... fingers crossed ...

Madrid is beautiful today, warm and sunny and no clouds, and I'm going for a walk out to the sierra after this. Carrying my stack of papers! Then this evening blokey is going to call ... he arrives a week on Tuesday and I can't wait!

Angie - re: chatting, I've one it a few times, I'm usually there either late at night (afternoon in the US) or early morning (middle of the night in US). Haven't been there for a while though. You're right, we should set a time. It'd be cool! It'll be easier for me when I get home (April 21st) and have unlimited internet access ...

Anyway, take care everyone, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

hugs,
Lolly
xxx

ps: word of the day? PELICULÓN. It means 'the big film' and tonight's peliculon (on tv) is 'Malicia' (you can translate that one for yourselves!). Bill Pullman, YUM! (While you were Sleeping swung that one for me) and Alec BAldwin - YUM as well. Even if he was perfectly creepy in STate and Main...
Old 04-08-2001, 10:29 AM   #4  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Sunday

Sorry I didn't have another chance to check in yesterday. Nestle and I did take that long walk yesterday and then I did 100 sit ups when I got home. I can feel it today! Anyone know how to rate sit ups as far as earning points go?

Angie: Sorry I hadn't welcomed you officially yet! Glad to have you here. My point range is 20-25, so I'm still good at 20. Great job staying OP for a convention. That can prove difficult! I'm going to have to run out and get some of those cookies. I'm a sweet fanatic -- OK, I'm an evertying fanatic! Anyway, I did stay OP yesterday so I am very proud of myself. There are a ton of us who have major problems staying OP over the weekend. Now I'm just trying to get the motivation to take the dog for another walk today

Lolly: Maybe I'm just out of it, but what is a CV? I can't believe you've been in Spain so long. It seems like yesterday you went out there. I'm sure you'll be glad to get home. No fun being away from blokey for that long eh?

OK, whoever is out there, even lurking, send me motivation vibes to exercise today!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 04:57 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I wrote up this nice huge reply yesterday, and Netscape crashed. I was upset so I gave up. I think part of the problem is our internet provider. They were the best, then they were bought out and now I have problems getting on and the connection speeds are really slow. Hubby and I are looking for alternatives, but there aren't many since we live too far out for DSL! ARGGGG

So anyhooo.... Had WI yesterday. AND GUESS WHAT... I lost 2.4 pounds! YAH ME. That means I lost the 1.8 I gained last week plus some. AND... I finally made my 10 pound star. My leader gave me a hug because I have struggled so much! I was soooo happy!!!! I wanted to exercise too, but I was always on the run yesterday. I just finished a somewhat video aerobic session... Emma was napping but got fussy, so finally I stopped 20 minutes into it. I think all of us will take a walk later... including Sadie (dog)!

I met my HS friend I hadn't seen is almost 10 years. It went OK. We had lunch and I chose the Buffalo Chicken Salad with Lite Ranch Dressing... and did the fork dip thing. I did have a real Coke, but there was lots of ice in it. Then we had to run to my neices 5th birthday get together for the family. We had her favorite meal.... Sketti and Meatballs with garlic bread. Not a good thing for me... but oh well. I didn't have a HUGE plate... just a normal amount. And a SMALL piece of cake and NO soda!

Emma woke up and now she is sitting ono my lap, so I have to finish this.

Have a great day all....
Old 04-08-2001, 05:05 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default im soo glad to be back! and i said no to icecream cake!

ok i want to answer alll the poll Qs lol
im doing the Kirsty move and workin 2 windows
i ahve tried ww prolly 4 times three in earnest
first one being when i was 13 for a summer and i lost 15-20 pounds dont remember what i weighed tho

first thing i do in the morning is turn off the alarm its across the room so i cant hit snooze and turn on the radio
i have it on the worse station possible so that i cant incorporate it into my dream

my fave seasons are fall and spring b/c its not too hot and not too cold
if anything was possible id lose the stretch makrs and scars aaaaand never have to pluck/shave im fair skinned and dark hair so plucking adn nairing is a b1tch
i have 1 older sister we are 1 year and 354 days apart lol

its goign to take me days to respond to everyone lol
im on day 4 of the meridia and doing ok
i just have to remember to eat its not that i forget its that i cant be bothered till i am around food and im like waaaaait i havent eaten in 6 hours so im forcing myself to have small stuff last night i went into video night with 21 pts to spare and i used em all eugh but we saw kingpin which was too funny!
annnyway back to work
thank god im back!
Kier
Old 04-08-2001, 05:22 PM   #7  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hello!

Jen!!!!!! !!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you for that loss And your 10 pounds bookmark. See, you can do it, sometimes it just requires persistance. I've found that when you are exercising it takes about a week for it to effect WI.

Oh, and you might try copying and pasting into Word. You can copy all of the posts, open up another document, do your replies and then copy and paste then into 3FC's. Then you don't have to be online the whole time and you won't lose your reply.

KO: Glad you are back! Sounds like you have been doing well. Good planning for video night!

My MIL brought over McDonalds for everyone. My nephew didn't want his and I was hungry so I ate his small fries and nuggets. Frustrating especially since she's bringing over green chile for dinner. I love buritto's. Still haven't taken the dog for a walk (long story) but I will do my 100 sit-ups and may have to get out my Total Gym so I can get a work out in to help with the McDonalds. I had a low point breakfast so that helps. I think I can still be OP. OK, really have to get going on things here at home. Later!
*hugs*
Closed Thread