View Poll Results: What food type is you biggest downfall??
Chips/Salty Snacks 7 28.00%
Candy/Chocolate 5 20.00%
Fast Food 6 24.00%
Ice Cream/Frozen Treats 2 8.00%
Cake/Cookies 3 12.00%
Other - Please Explain 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 09:26 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW, I can't believe I am the first one here AGAIN. This is crazy. Usually there are about 4 or so posts by the time I check in. OK, now I have to rack my brain to think of a poll!!

Yesterday I did about 20 minutes of aerobics before Emma said enough is enough. Then hubby, Emma and I took Sadie for a walk. Then I did my strength and Flexability for my Self Challenge. I have to do those things on the weekend, otherwise I run out of time during the week!!! I ate kind of bad, but oh well! I am going to figure my points out now...

Have a great day all!!
Old 04-09-2001, 09:43 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Jen. Thanks for starting the thread again. I have had a crazy morning so far.... I've been here for 2 hours, and I'm just now getting a small internet break.

My weekend was okay. Week 3 without drinking. I think I like it. I'm not so concerned about banking for drinks.

I was over by 6 points on Friday and 9 points yesterday But I exercised 4 times this week, so I'm hoping I made up for those days. We'll see soon enough. I weigh in at lunchtime - so I'll let you girls know.

I leave Wednesday morning for home. I'll be back the following Monday. But I think I'll be able to check in from time to time anyway.

HAPPY MONDAY (if that's possible).

Lisa
Old 04-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default oops we posted the same time

ok so this is how bad my mondays been im already havign the healthy alternative to the breakfast of champions
instead of poptarts and coke i have cheerios and diet coke
i took the meridia tooo late in the day yesterday and have had maybe 2 hours of sleep total not a good thing usually except i pulled an all nighter to get work done saved it all to disk and found out my !#%!@% microsoft works doesnt work in microsoft office my printer was havign pms so my profs gonna think im full of feathers when i tell him this but i dont care
reason being this is the one day this week its supposed to be pretty out and i intend to enjoy it too the fullest and stay OP !
my goal for this week is not to let stress kill me
have a great day i plan too
Kier
Old 04-09-2001, 09:47 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Monday...already?

Hello everyone. I sorry that I did not post this weekend (or friday) So busy. Then, a good friend of mine and hubby's mother died on Saturday. so unecpected. She was only 50. Anyway, I did not get to go to weigh in and I will be out of town this week. Very frustrating that.

Jen, you are doing so great working out with baby in tow. Also, on the poll, my hard thing is pasta and oatmeal, . Funny, I know, but I love them and can really over do it.

Ok, hope you all had a great weekend. I will try to get back soon.

trish
Old 04-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default U2 Concert Tomorrow Night!!! Woo hoo!!

Well, I am cerainly pumped!! I have the U2 concert tomorrow!! This is the thrid time I have seen them, but I LOVE them.....I know, how lame am I??

Even lamer, last night I went to the Platinum Blonde/Honeymoon Suite concert at a pub....it was so fun!! I was 12 years old again!! B/f didnt like it too much but still stayed until 12:15 with me and drove me to work today b/c I bashed in my toe.....can we say clumsy girl??

B/f bought Playstation 2 on the weekend,and he basically played all weekend, so I read bridget jones edge of reason. I hate Rebecca, want to slap her face.

Oddly, my 2 ex b/fs are Mark and Giles (what are the chances???).

Had so so OP weekend.....

Lisa - at least you exercised - hochmagandy was my only form, and even with that I coughed up a lung...

Jen - I forgot about the challenge and I am very embarassed about it....but, I will start anew!!!!

WI on Thursday!

Better run - Belle
Old 04-09-2001, 10:04 AM   #6  

Default Me Again...

I have 2 weaknesses.... I put Chips on the Poll, but my HUGE weakness is Pizza. I would eat it every single day if I could! Last night I made a homemade one with an 8 point crust... 11 points for 1/2 of a 12 inch pizza. It would be less if you didn't put as much cheese on it. But I LOVE cheese... I'm from Wisconsin, so hey! Hubby said it was so good he could eat the WHOLE pizza. I told him to eat his 1/2 because it was only 11 points. He was in heaven!

So I tallied my points for Sunday... 41.5. My high is 31. BUT I did about 6 points worth of exercise. So really I was only over about 4.5 points. Not bad at all! YAH ME!

Trish... sorry about your friends death. My thoughts are with you!

Lisa... I was over too... but exercise helps! I just hope I lose again this Saturday... I need to BREAK the yo-yo pattern I have!

Kier... I hate it when computers pretend they are smarter than us! Enjoy the weather! It is WINDY here... knocking down trees and buildings. We had 60 mph gusts on Saturday!

Belle.... Get your butt moving with the challenge!! Hee hee... Enjoy the concert!!! My hubby bought playstation 2 about a month ago. He has been really good about not playing too much. We both made rules. The one he made was that he can't play it unless Emma is sleeping. Otherwise he would get so into it, I know that he would forget she was there. We only have 1 game for it so far so he doesn't sit and play for hours... Thank god!!

Have a great day gals!!
Old 04-09-2001, 10:04 AM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default MoNdAy MoRnInG

Boy, that weekend sure went by quick! I am happy to say that I managed to stay OP all weekend. We even went out to Wendy's for lunch on Sunday, and I had just a Grilled Chicken Sandwich (6 pts) and a side salad (0 pts) and a half package of Italian dressing ( 1pt) So was struggling BIG time and arguing inside my head about getting a baked tater with sourcreme...but that would have added another 7 points..which would have been fine...but I didn't want to be left with only a few points for the evening. So, I ate the grilled chicken and waited for 20 mintues and guess what....it filled me up!! I didn't even want the tater after that.

Belle: I hope you have fun at the concert!!
I can't even remember the last time I went to one....OMG was in New Kids On the Block Boy, time flys.

Trish: I am so sorry to hear about your friend, and MIL. I hope that you dh is dealing ok, and U2. (hugs)

KO: What exactly is Merdiea? And nice choice for breaky btw.

Tilley: I wouldn't worry about the points, you are doing the exersise, good for you!

Jen: I admire you for taking the time to workout with a baby in tow. Good for you!!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-09-2001, 10:07 AM   #8  

Thanks Trish and Angie... Really I am lucky with my little Emma. She is little enough still that she doesn't crawl anywhere. She just sits in her bouncy chairs and watches. Soon I won't be as lucky... boo hooo! But going for walks is easy because I just put her in the stroller and off we go! I am taking advantage of my exercise time while I have it!

As for the Strength (weights) and Flexability part of the Self Challenge. I usually do those later at night after she is sleeping. Then I only have to wrestle the dog!
Old 04-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #9  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Oh, you don't know how right you are ;)

My little Emma just started crawling about 3-4 weeks ago. Boy, it is a whole new world! She is getting into everything, and I can hardly keep up with her. Gone are the days that I could put her down and come back and find her in the same place. Out comes the gates, and the plug covers, the cupboard door hooks and on and on and on.

Oh, and watch out for your sugar bowls! A couple of minutes ago Emma found ours and decided that sugar goes better on the floor then in the bowl

ahhhh, but I love and wouldn't change a thing.

oh and nap times around here....well basicaly don't exist. She only sleeps for 2 naps at only 30 minutes each (sometimes only 20 min) but she does sleep 12 hours a night so I can't complain.

Anyway, give your Emma a big hug for me ...oh, and My Emma waves and says Hi to your Emma
Old 04-09-2001, 10:29 AM   #10  

Default Hello from NY!

Hi everyone! I haven't been writing but I have been keeping up with the thread...working here in NY is ok-I stayed home sick today though... I went to WI at a different meeting last week here in NY-I was all pumped b/c I knew I had been doing well and FELT like I lost-and lo and behold-I was UP 2.5! I was so depressed i wanted to cry. But I went home and stayed OP. I weighed myself at home and at the gym the next day-two separate scales, and they said I was 4.5 pounds lighter than the WI scale...so I'm hoping that I'll get good news when I WI this week at my place in Boston-I'm going up for a visit.
I did go off points on Saturday but have otherwise been pretty good...and the good news is, i was cleaning out my closet at mom's and found my old HS prom dress-I put it on for kicks and IT FIT!!! That thing hasn't fit in ten years! So I know I'm doing something right. And I'm NOT changing my signature!
Hello to all-Tilley, good luck with WI, Jen -great exersizing-pizza is one of my favorites too but cake and cookies get me every time! To everyone else-hello-and what is hochmagundy????
Lori
Old 04-09-2001, 10:41 AM   #11  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hi!!!

Good morning everyone! I am in the best mood! Maybe it’s the strong coffee I had at home this morning or maybe it’s the 8 hours sleep, but I am in the best mood! I didn’t get Nes out for a walk yesterday, but I worked in the house and did get in another 100 sit-ups. I’m thinking I would really like to wear a two piece swim suit when I get to goal and for me to be comfy with that I need to have my stomach be at least a little muscular. I’ll never have a 6 pack, but I’m not sure that looks good on women anyway. I was over by a few points yesterday but considering the bad food influence, I’m very happy with such a good eating weekend. I’m actually excited to go to WI tomorrow! I can’t wait

I had to vote ‘other’. All of those things are my downfall. I can’t say one is worse than the other! *sigh*

Lisa: Good job on the exercise! Drinking is basically a treat now for me to. Good luck at WI!!

Kierie: Take a deep breath! You will make it through the day and everything will work out!

Trish: I’m so sorry to hear about your friends Mom! I hope she is doing OK considering. Keep your chin up. You can stay OP until you get back to WI! I know you can *hugs*

Belle: U2 was here Friday night. I guess in today’s issue of USA Today they rated the concert here in Denver at 4 stars (out of 4 stars). You are in for the time of your life!

Jen: It is amazing how much that exercise helps! Good job Do you happen to know how to count sit-ups? It only takes about 10-15 minutes, but it really works you. Any advice would be appreciated!

Angie: Good job on the food! I’ll have to remember to give myself some time before deciding if I really want to eat more!

Jen & Angie: You and your Emma stories are great!

Lori: Remember that different scales can give you different weights. I’m sure your regular scale will show differently!

Where is everyone else today?

“Oh, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
Old 04-09-2001, 10:50 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone... I have a question for ya'll. If you let a friend drive your car (several times) and they only mentioned afterwards sort of in passing that their license was suspended, would you be angry? Would it be a trust issue for you?? I'm trying to figure out if I'm unreasonably angry for not being told.

I should add that after talking with them about it, they didn't understand why I would make it a trust issue (or an issue at all, they said they just forgot)... it was not a big deal to them and they didn't see why it would make me lose some of my trust in them.
Old 04-09-2001, 11:16 AM   #13  

Brenda... I try to do about 50-100 crunches when I do my Strength training. I count it as light exercise since I really don't work up a sweat and I can talk my way through... even tho I prefer not to since I am "feeling the burn!!"

Shalyne... If the license was suspended WHILE they were driving your car... yes I would be EXTREMELY upset. That is ummm... ILLEGAL! If the license was suspended a while ago and now they have it back and all is ok. Then I would be a little wary, but I guess it wouldn't bother me as much. I guess it would also kind of depend on why it was suspended! I wish you luck!!

Angie... My Emma is probably giggling away at daycare.... I'll tell her about your little Emma! Emma is trying her hardest to crawl, but that round belly gets in her way, She teeters on it. Then her legs and feet are in the air. It is so cute. So mostly she just rolls around and spins. And babbles all the time. I was working on her Easter dress (yes I am making it) and she was sitting in her little chair next to me... babble babble babble.. screech. It kept her busy for about 30 minutes. Then she had enough of that and wanted a bottle! Same thing happens when I exercise!!

Back to work I go! I really hate Mondays... can't get up in the morning and don't like working! Plus I am all dressed up because we have our last interview today... and she called in sick. UGHHHH... So I have to dress up AGAIN tomorrow. We are a casual office, but every once in awhile I dress up because I am management. BUT I hate nylons. Still too cold here to go without them!
Old 04-09-2001, 11:29 AM   #14  
Running Babe

Morning All,

I think I am getting sick So I am not a happy camper, but that's okay... I AM DOWN 1.6LBS I was happy about that

I have a roomate now as well!!! The apartment rocks and I am moving in May 1st! I get a big bedroom too so I am happy. The only problem with the apartment it is pretty much in the heart of downtown Ottawa so it'll be louder than I am used to, but that it life.

I am also a blond now and I really like it For Friday's poll, I am one of 4 kids ( the only girl too). For today's poll, give me french fries please, lots of them, the greasier the better

Angie: Welcome to our happy forum, I am also Canadian and will be moving to Ontario in 3 weeks. Cool, another former NKOTB fan!

Shalyne: I would be really pissed off to find out someone I trusted neglected to tell me their liscence was suspended after having them drive my car. I am pretty strict about which friends can drive my car as it is (so far I've let about 4 people do so (asides from family members, and I am still not the biggest fans of my brothers driving her) ). So you're definately NOT being unreasonable.

Jen: Wow I am impressed about your hubby not playing the Playstation too much Most of my male friends play video games constantly!

Belle: Platinum Blond and Honeymoon Suite are still together? I hope your boyfriend doesn't become too addicted to the PS2!

Brenda: I am thinking about a 2 piece this summer as well, probably a tankini though.

Lori: Good job on staying OP, and perhaps it was just because it was a different scale. Hopefully the scale in Boston will be better.

Trish: I am sorry about your friend's mother, my heart goes out to their families and loved ones.

Kierie: Glad to know I am not the only morning Diet Coke drinker

Tilley: Good Luck at Weigh In!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-09-2001, 11:37 AM   #15  

ALI... YOU ARE ONLY 1.4 POUNDS FROM GOAL! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread