Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default What a Wednesday

Well ladies...I have crap news. I got a call from my realtor last night and she said that the realtor that bought our condo called and said that his buyers did not have financing. So you might ask, who would sign off thier own condition stating they must have financing when they don't??? Well, they did. Apparantly they have 15 other properties with mortgages. They signed a legal document stating they had financing on March 10. And waited until yesterday (when my lawyer phoned their lawyer to find out why they hadn't signed the transfer docs yet) to say they lied...now, I am pretty sure there is legal recourse. I phoned my lawyer right away as they wanted us to sign an amendment to allow the son to take over the agreement. They put $10,000 down so they'll lose it if they don't figure out thier financing. So the son is trying to get approved and because they have 35% down they don't need to have the mortgage insured (CMHC for you Canadians) and so they HAVE to do an appraisal....so the appraiser is coming today. Hopefully this means that they are ClOSE to getting approved, but my lawyer advised us to sign NOTHING until we have PROOF of financing for the son. And my broker said he can find out for us by simply knowing the name of the bank for confirmation.

Let this be a lesson to you all. NEVER trust a mere document. See the paper work yourself. Although this is a very rare anomoly, I am proof it does happen. My lawyer said she'd never seen this before, however. It was THIER condition!!?? The onus is on THEM to get financing. What a bunch of losers. At the end of the day, however, I just want the condo GONE. I don't want to Dic around with a legal fight. If that son can come up with the $$ then I'll sign the amendment and get it out of my hair....

Worst case scenario is that the deal fall apart and they lose the $10K. 1/3 goes to the realty company, 1/3 to the realtor, 1/3 to us. But our realtor said she'd give hers to us...so we'd get like $7K and have to pay for 2 mortgages until it sells. How much would THAT suck.

Anyway, I also got pissed at my nieghbours and phoned the cops on them last night. I can't listen to "what is love? baby don't hurt me dont hurt me no more" at 11pm one more night. Or their loud sex during dinner either.

GAH!!!

Someone cometell me something happy....!??
Old 05-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning All,

The weather is fabulous here. I went to the dentist this morning and was reminded that I don't floss enough.. They say my teeth themselves are in great shape though! No Cavities!!! yah

Anyway, I had an awesome workout last night, so I am feeling really pumped. I worked out hard which is good I have 6lbs to my Canada day goal and I want to make it

Belle: Hugs, wow that really bites... I am sure you will have a lot of legal recourse, I am sorry that you have to put up with that kind of BS. Hopefully either their son gets it or you can sell it ASAP...

Take care!

Ali
Old 05-12-2004, 11:19 AM   #3  

Hang in there Belle! I am sure everything will work out!

Hi Ali!!

Not much new with me today. Still in the "zone". Here is my meal plan today.

B: chai tea 3.5
kashi 2

L: apple and something else? 2

D: turkey wrap 7
drinking my water!

S: yep!

Exercise: walked at breaktime, will walk again at lunch, situps and pushups tonight as well.

How is everyone else today?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  

Thought I would post a pic of my munchkin, she is 4 months old now.

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...82010000005611[/IMG]
Old 05-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Tonya: She's adorable
Old 05-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Tonya - cute picture!! How are all the kids getting along?
Ali - 6 pounds - no problem! You'll be fine. (that reminds me to post on the challenge thread)
Belle - I feel your frustration and I'm shocked at what happened (especially since they removed their own conditions) - Hopefully it will all work out and there will be no ugly legal battle. I'm so excited you called the cops on your neighbors - just think, the son of the idiots will move in and be continuously irritated by bad music and loud sex - is that a happy thought?

Well I didn't do as well as I had hoped at Chinese food last night and it's bothering my stomach still. I had LOTS of veggies and a little chow mein but I had 2 deep fried prawns and some S&S pork and those are bad news. I'm grateful there was no birthday cake cause that would have been hard to resist. Today is going well and I plan a protein lunch (meat and vegs) cause I have choir tonight and volleyball and my walk at lunch - Wednesdays are a busy day! I'll try to check back later and see how everyone's doing...

KT
Old 05-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #7  

Hey Ladies!!! I have to say I stepped on my scale today b/c I have been drinking water like crazy and watching so well this week so I was curious and I broke the DECADE !!! 178. I am so excited. Thanks for all of the encouragement here and for letting me still post even though I am doing SBD. I appreciate it. TOM is here and I am SO unmotivated to exercise. I haven't done a thing this week and it is Wednesday. Does anyone else lack motivation to exercise when TOM visits??? OR is it just me??? I just feel like sleeping or reading, relaxing.

Tonya~ she is soooo beautiful. I am getting in baby mode but DH and I are waiting another couple of years. Congrats on another good WWer day!

Belle~ I am so sorry that things are turning out that way. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything will work out. BTW KT's point is hysterical. Their son will be the one listening to the annoying neighbors. BTW who listens to that song still???

Ali~ The weather here is amazing too! I cannot wait to bust out of work!!! You will definitely make your goal. I have 5 lbs to go.

KT~ Have a great day! Choir and volleyball sound fun! Chinese food is a killer, but it is just oh so good. It sounds like you plan to make up for it today!

Well I will BBIAB.
Closed Thread