Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default yah It's Friday

Hi All,

I have to run to the bank to sign the mortgage thingy tonight... it's getting closer yah and my roomate is moving out in one week!! I had a big smile on my face yesterday too... ah things are good!

Lori: well the portions on SBD are somewhat unlimited (depending on what, nuts are limited, so is milk), but I still only eat WW sized portions... I am not about to start eating huge pieces of meat or anything or all the cheese I want... They specify for healthy cuts of everything too... no dark meat for poulty and they recommend trimming the fat etc. Cheese has to be less than 20% MF. Fruits and Starches are banned for the first two weeks as well... So is chocolate

Belle: She's soo cute!!

KT: Habs start tonight! yah! hope work isn't being too hectic for you!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HEy Girls I have to change my sig b/c
I made it to ONEDERLAND!!!!
This AM after my shower I got on the scale 4 times just to make sure and it said 199!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This totally makes up for a comment afriend of mine said last night we were on the phone and I was explaining why I wanted to try SBD b/c I've been losing and gaining the same weight since october
and she was like well you've been doing that since I met you
grrrr it really hurt
but I'm doing this for me not anyone else
The only problem with SBD is that I have trouble goign to the bathroom
but colace solved that problem
other than that i feel great
Old 04-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Well, it's my last day of being off work while others are working. I only have the busy weekend left and then I start work again. I'm really, really dreading it. That's pretty sad, isn't it? It's not that I hate my job, it's just that I hate working 50 hours a week every week. The downtime has been wonderful.

Today is day 5 of the SBD for me. I didn't think I'd ever crave anything like bread, crackers, pasta, etc., and I haven't. The worst cravings for me have been for chocolate. I'm still struggling with the portion sizes, always feeling like I'm eating too much but not making them any smaller.

I've been walking a lot this week--the weather has been beautiful, so I feel good about that. I know that once I go back to work I'm going to be spending a lot of time behind my desk playing catch-up and wishing I were someplace else. I won't have time to go to the gym over lunch and most days I have something going on after work. The remainder of '04 is going to be very, very busy for me.

Ali--You said you still do WW portions--do you still figure the points and stuff? I thought about maybe counting points just so I'd feel more confident about how much I was eating. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well for you, with the mortage and roommate leaving.

Kierie--YAY on making it to Onederland! That's fabulous! Are you liking SBD, too? Now, as far as your friend goes, just ignore her. Probably she wouldn't be lashing out if she wasn't feeling just a little jealous. Fahgeddaboudit.

OK, sweetpeas, I have some stuff I want to get done around the house today, so I better get scooting. I'll try to stop back in and post later.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:28 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Kierie! ONEderland is Onderful Good for you! I remember that feeling. About your friend, sometimes even the best of friends can turn off their "editing comments" switch... They say whatever before they think... A friend of mine does that, I have just accepted that is the way she is... Still doesn't make it better I know {{{hugs}}}. She probably is jealous though.... You don't know how many people told me to stop losing weight while I was losing weight.

Jess: I have been using points but eating more... My calories were under 1200 so I added more... I eat between 25-30 points a day which translates to somewhere between 1200-1500 calories a day...I am pretty certain that I have lost weight though... My scale is in storage, I will start going to WW meetings again sometime in May.. but my jeans are fitting much better (aka they're loose) and I am starting to get stretch marks on my tummy..not my favorite sign of weight loss, but at least it's a sign I am losing tummy fat as well yah!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-23-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Kierie!!! YAY!!! I am soooo happy for you!! Congrats on Onederland!! And your friend needs to give her head a shake, that is no way to encourage your buddy. So, don't listen to her. Just listen to us we've been there (I am still there!).

Jess and Ali - Does SBD let you have "free days" at all? I think that is a good thing to consider. I know lots of dieticians recommend it for keeping your metabolism up (after induction of course). Jess, are you close to TOM? I am soo bad when I am PMSing for chocolate....
Old 04-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

It's lunch and I am back. DF is running at lunch today, but I can't as I have deadlines today...boooh!!! I have been totallyOP today and bought a Subway wrap (turkey breast adn veggie, not the atkins one) at lunch and am now eating FF popcorn and water to fill me up. I have been craving popcorn sooo much so I figured I'd suck it up and pop a bag. It's 5 cups for 2 points. I have eaten about 2 cups so far (goes fast) and I am full, so I'll count one point I guess.

I have decided not to use all my flexpoints this week. I am reallyfinding when I use them all I don't lose or lose <0.5 lbs which is v. low. Plus, I am quite active, so it's not really acceptable. I figure I'll try that for a while and see how it goes.

Where has everyone been? I know there have been a couple of babies (J L and T) but it's like a ghost-town on our board. It's lonely

Must get self another coffee

Hey, do any of you find that you do better when you really vary your points? Like the Wendie plan? I did find when I really lost hte most I was varied - not just like 24points per day everyday, it was like 22 one day, 24 the next, then 30, etc. I wonder if there is any merit in trying that too - I so want to see a big loss next week. TOM will be gone and it'll be prime-time for a shown loss.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #7  
Running Babe

Belle: mixing it up helps a lot of people, try it and journal it. You might see a pattern. Also make sure you're eating enough fat maybe add some nuts? Or some olive oil or something.

About Free Days, I can't handle them, I eat way too much. I can handle a free meal once a week though where I could eat what ever I want DQ here I come in the summer:P

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Hey Ali - I hear ya - those blizzards call me on each hot day. I can make due with the Fudge bar but I can't even go near the real stuff cuz it ruins it for me. I think I"ll try the varied targets and see how I do for next wed...
Closed Thread