Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Thoroughly Thursday

BBIAB to post!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning all,

I hope all is well for everyone... I have actually been eating really well as of late so I am hoping this trend continues... My bf and I go to restaurants a lot and even their healthy fare is often still about 15-20 points a meal so I am going to try and be even more vigilant... I am making him supper tonight... any suggestions? Something quick and easy would be best:P I did a Denise Austin abs/buns and thigh workout yesterday... it was okay, but I have very strong legs so I am not that sore today... I will probably try and get back into proper weight training soon and push to do that 3 times a week.

Anyone have any good questions of the day? Jayne, I loved what you suggested to do yesterday!

Take care!

Ali
Old 10-16-2003, 10:05 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning

well as requested I decided to show some of my poems but I will post one a day.

Today my hubby goes to get his CPAP machine to start getting his sleep apnea taken care of.

well here is one of the poems.This one has been published

A Cry in the Dark

A cry in the dark
Laying upon knowing ears
Tingling hairs from shivers of knowing
Felt pressure of icy hands
Searching places of the unmentionable
A cry in the dark
What is this I hear?
Sadness or pain
Of pleasure or joy
A cry in the dark
Laying upon knowing ears
A soul tormented by the past
A mind tortured by the unmentionable
Slowly the cry fades
But will not be gone forever
It comes and it lies upon knowing ears
Returning to let it be known
I am you and will always be
A cry in the dark

November 2, 2001
Old 10-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Thanks for sharing your poetry Lynnie!

Ali - we eat out a lot too. One night last week all I got was a plain baked potato. As far as dinner tonight, try this.

8oz Mostacioli (or some other pasta like penne) cook as directed
In 2 qt casserole dish mix cooked pasta with 3 cups spaghetti sauce, 17-34 slices turkey pepperoni quarterd, spices, mushrooms and onions as you like. Cook covered for 30 minutes at 350. Uncover add 8oz shreded skim mozarella put back in oven until cheese has melted.

I got a ton of servings out of it (I measured at 1 cup each) and it came to 5 points a serving.

Today is going to be a loooooong day for me I think. Mattress magnets got me this morning. I hit snooze for 45 minutes. I got my 3 miles in but only walked - no energy for running. By 8:30AM I'd already eaten 6 points. I'm starving today!! I'm guzzling water in hopes of curbing my appetite. I was hoping to only eat my target (20) because with moving tomorrow I figure we will have pizza or chinese for dinner. I think I'm going to say screw the 20 and dig into my activity points. Between the walking and yoga practice tonight, I should earn at least 4.

I may not be back until Monday. Today is my work week Friday as I have tomorrow off for the move. I need to make sure all my work is caught up so I don't come into a disaster on Monday.

Hope you all have wonderful days and a good weekend.

Oh btw - Kim - if you are lurking - how goes the trial?
Old 10-16-2003, 12:00 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all - I missed yesterday's fun cuz we were crazy busy at work. And I can't see today being too much different so this will be quick -

Nothing too exciting going on for me right now - so I'll skip on to the rest of you -

Laura I'm with you on the mattress magnets - I overslept by about 20 minutes so my hair is just gorgeous today ...

lynnie - thanks for sharing your poetry with us

hey ali - i am absolutely addicted to making chicken fajitas -
I slice up chicken breasts, an onion, and a green pepper. cook these all in a skillet together with some olive oil, lime (or lemon) juice, and pepper until the chicken is done and the onions are beginning to brown (i'm sure there's a better way to explain that!). serve on flour tortillas with salsa & sour cream...

i'm planning on heading to the gym tonight and staying on plan -

how's everyone doing on the halloween challenge? 2 weeks from tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Laura: Do you get made fun of for having a plain baked potato? My BF can't get over the fact that that's all I want and that I never want sour cream or butter on it. Thanks for the suggestion, sounds really yummy! I am sooo hungry too... I walked during my lunch and I will walk after work too... The weather here is crappy though today and sooo cold... it started raining/hailing while I walked.

angie: I am a fajita nut too, ... Looks like I have the next few meals planned too hehe.. BTW, I noticed you have lost a lot of weight, do you think you're near goal yet? I am sure you're looking fabulous and you must feel great and have tons of extra energy (I swear I was like an energizer bunny for a year)

Lynnie: Thanks for the poem, good luck with your hubby's sleep apnea... my brother used to have a problem with it too..

Take care!

ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 10-16-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Ali - I am getting really close. I don't really have a goal weight in mind because I have been heavy all my life - I'm actually smaller now than I was in high school, and I'm pretty sure I weigh less than I did in jr. high. I don't know what is the "right" weight for me - so I'm aiming more for a size. I'm at a size 10 right now, I'd love to be an 8. So I think about 10-15 more pounds and I should be there - goal of around 140? This seems to be in line with the goal weights that I've seen on the internet for my height (5'8"). Any suggestions from anyone? Although I've never done WW, it would be nice to be able to have more input on a goal weight... I know what you mean on having a ton of energy - but I sleep so well at night too that it's great - exercising pretty much every day has helped that
Closed Thread