Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:46 AM   #1  

Question Anyone trying to lose 15-20 lb like me?

I am just trying to drop about 20 lbs and am wondering if there is anyone else who has the same goal as me?
Or anyone who had this 15-20 goal and did lose it and how long it took you to lose it????
Old 08-20-2003, 11:46 AM   #2  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jessjohnsmom: Come join us on the daily thread! Someone starts a new one every day and we post on that, rather than starting new ones for every question. We'd love to have you! I want to lose a lot more than 20, but a few years ago it took me four months to lose 20 lbs. This time around, it's taken me almost 2 months to lose not quite 10.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:54 PM   #3  

well i was not intentionally trying to start new threads for every question but i thought it would be fun and maybe for different people who start looking at this board,lets say today to maybe get acquainted with each other,sometimes when you get in on a daily thread that has been going for some time you find that the ones who started it together have been doing it for awhile and already know one another and you(meaning I) have no clue what they are talking about,so sometimes its fun to start other threads and get new people to join in
I also post on the daily thread however and other places on the board! But thanks for the invite i will join in
Old 08-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #4  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey, don't worry! The ones of us who have been here for a while have no problem with anyone jumping in and saying: What the heck is going on? I guess we're a little boring that we just use one thread a day, but it keeps it a little easier, I suppose. Sometimes different threads do break off, but I've only seen you post a few times, so I mostly wanted to make sure you knew about the daily thread!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:30 AM   #5  

I gotcha !
Old 08-21-2003, 01:39 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi there! I need to lose 20-25 pounds myself, I am hoping to have it off by Christmas
Old 08-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #7  

Hi Christian! Glad to see there is someone else out there! I wonder if it is just me or is 15-20 seem like it is so much harder,actually for me the last time i dropped the 10lb no problem its that last 10 that seems so hard and stubborn,i think i am gonna join again and get my hands on the new stuff and see if a different way of approaching it will set my fat burning into gear. I wonder what my limit will be Right now i am in the 18-23 bracket!
I also started doing more cardio today instead of 60 min. i bumped it up to 70,then next week i will bump it up to 80,then 90 will be my max,keep in mind this is only on my cardio only days which is on thurs and friday,on my weights and cardio mon,tues and wed i will have to stick to just the 60 or 70 min of cardio cuz i got children that need there Mom! So hoping this will kick me into gear. I am a lil frustrated cuz last time i started ww back up again i lost 5 lb in a bout a week,this time i started up again i have only lost the 1 lb in a week, i cant help but think doing the South Beach low carb thing messed me up.
So we shall see What is your strategy for dropping the last 20lb?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:44 AM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi there,
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have had computer problems
My strategy is to stick to my points and exercise as MUCH as possible Looks like you are getting plenty of exercise so you should have those extra pounds off in as little as one to three months, I have lost 7 pounds so far on WW and am SO looking forward to the last 15 to melt off as well I have 2 girls here so I totally understand about being busy...being a mom is most definatly the most challenging job I have ever had ....Speaking of which..the laundry is a calling....Hope to hear from you soon!!
Closed Thread