Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #1  
Never Quit!

Default Monday's Thread

Good morning everyone. I am surprised not to see a thread started. So...let's begin.

BBIM

Cuba
Old 08-04-2003, 10:02 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls Just a quickie (dont you feel so cheap) b/vc we have ppl coming to fix our pump sys in the basement
Df and I might be looking at a house this week!
a teal one eeeek but hey thats why they make paint
bbl
Old 08-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #3  

Morning girls....

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did until last night....had the drive from **** back from Syracuse because it kept downpouring every 5 minutes. I was so annoyed I told myself I could get a McFlurry as a treat. I was eating it and broke my tooth on an M&M!! I am going to the dentist this afternoon, but just as a prelim examination, god only knows when they can fix it. It's a good diet plan though, I can't eat a thing! I have one of those "drinking" soup at hand things luckily here at work. I'm going to have to go buy some slimfast or something I guess
Old 08-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #4  
Never Quit!

Default Quick One for me too...

Hi everyone. What a MONDAY! It is pouring here in NY and I hear it will rain for another 40 days and 40 nights!!!

I weighed in on Saturday and went down 1.2 lbs. 11 lbs in total, and 25% of the weight I want to loose. So I am trying to keep motivated. I blew Saturday and Sunday as far as points. So I need this week to recover. It is supposed to rain like crazy and it is soooo humid and HOT! Very icky I must say. So I am trying to talk myself into facing the elements and getting some exercise in. This way I may have a little cushion for the points on some days.

Work is still TERRIBLE and the marketplace for jobs is just a bad. Kind of seems hopeless these days. The lame part too is that it effecting my sleep. I have nighmares every night which wake me up 2-3 times per evening. So my sleep is broken and leaves me grumpy. Another reason to get some exercise in hopes to knock me out for a full nights sleep.

Ok, I am off to another meeting. Looking forward to everyone's weekend re-cap.

~Cuba
Old 08-04-2003, 12:24 PM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Is it Friday yet???

Someone please kick me in the butt -- Aaron was up half the night (with what, I don't know...maybe a tooth???) and I'm just mush today. I called my cleaning lady and told her that it was pretty useless to come today, since I am not up to getting out and going anywhere so she can clean. We spend the first half of the weekend going through Aaron's room and getting rid of everything that didn't fit, putting away the changing table and crib, and completely two-year-old-proofing it. His big boy bed is on order, but to transition him, we put his crib mattress on the floor. We're making a really big dela of telling him that he'll be two in just a few weeks, so he's a big boy now with a big boy bed and a big boy room. He did really well with it the first two nights, and then last night our little turkey figured out how to open his door and kept coming down into the family room last night, saying "hi" just as if he belonged there. We finally got smart and gated him in. We cleaned out our basement yesterday, and there was all kinds of icky from the last family that lived there (it's been one and a half years and we are STILL unpacking -- everything we didn't know what to do with, we put in the basement). Our movers had put a lot of the stuff down there, and I had no idea how much dirt was hiding down there. So I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor with bleach for most of the afternoon and evening. Huge job, but it feels so good to have done it. Needless to say, with such a busy weekend, my house is trashed and I'll be spending today getting it back in apple-pie order (like I said, someone kick me in the butt so I get started already!). Cuba, I bet you're sorry you asked for a weekend recap now.

Cuba, your weather sounds absolutely miserable. The nightmares don't sound like a whole lot of fun either -- I bet you're even more tired than I am in the mornings. What job field are you searching in?

Lexxi, you poor thing -- broken teeth are no fun at all. I hope it was a back tooth so it won't be obvious. Either that or that you get an excellent fill and cap so it won't bother you anymore. I certainly don't envy you that dental visit!

Kieran, you are SO nesting. I think that a turquoise house can be fixed too -- when we bought this one, it was hot pink. We sided it pretty quickly, and now it's a nice understated taupe. Any big engagement parties planned yet?

Thought of the day:

"Losing weight is a simple mathematical equation. If you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. Therefore anyone really can lose weight if they really want to."

This is a quote that was written in an op-ed piece in our paper yesterday. Tell me what you think of it, please. And what do you think is the history of the person that wrote it? To be honest, my mind has been so full I haven't even begun to process this yet, but I will undoubtedly give you all an earful when it's processed.

BBIAB to see what exciting weekends you all had.

Last edited by aaronsmom; 08-04-2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #6  
Never Quit!

Default Wow! It's quiet today.

I am almost through my work day and can't wait to get the heck out of here. I feel like it has been torture for 2+ years! I would have left a long time ago, but the job market in NY is terrible . When is this going to change??? Top it all off with the housing market and we are just "static" (going no where) waiting for something to snap.

So far I am on program, but need to journal today's points so that I don't bomb tonight. I am definetly heading for the wine bottle. 2pts does wonders!

Jayne - I am in marketing and definetly need a career change. But in this day and age...it looks like I need another marketing gig to get me bye and then think about a career change. It was so weird to hear about all the big-boy stuff too. It must a a trend (or the rain). Everyone I know who has children went through all their clothes that don't fit, packed things away and did an all around cleaning session...including me and the hubby.

Lexxy - I guess you are suffering from this weather too? Syracuse is a hike. Are you a New Yorker?

Ok, let me jet. I have some journaling to do... and I need to psyche myself into walking after dinner tonight.

~Cuba
Old 08-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Hi all.I had such a great weekend.I am doing real well and feeling so much better.I lost another 3 lbs and I am very proud of myself. I hope you all are well too. Have a wonderful day.

Lynnie
Old 08-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Afternoon

Holy cow, the thread is quiet today. I thought for sure there'd be tons of posts for me to try to respond to.

Well, my weekend went the way they all seem to lately--I ate too much all freakin' weekend and of course, regret it today. Aaron and I discussed it a little bit and decided that I need to make a plan for the weekend and stick to it. I think I'm actually going to try to make a plan for the whole week. With Aaron living with me, not too much happens that I haven't planned for.

Yeah, did you guys know that Aaron is living with me? I don't know if I've mentioned it or not. I'm not sure what I think of it. He was having a rough time for awhile and needed a place to stay for a pretty long period of time. That was in the middle of June and things are improving for him, so he'll probably find a place of his own before long. He's handy to have around--he takes out the trash, does big projects for me (like re-wiring my phone line), and other nice things. But for some reason, on the weekends with him there I end up getting out of control, maybe because I feel like we should do something that makes spending an evening together feel more like a date. Anyway, I'm going to find some fancy recipe to whip up on Saturday (by fancy, I mean a recipe that will require me turning on the oven or stove).

I had a nice weekend, we stayed in pretty much all weekend. Friday night, I watched Mission Impossible on HBO while Aaron slept. Saturday afternoon, I went to a family thing for Aaron, then had a family reunion for my mom's side. I was so darned tired I made Aaron go out for dinner..

Oh my goodness, it's time to go home!! I'll stop in tomorrow, I hope!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #9  

was it jayne that challenged me to journal this weekend? i DID it! so keep challenging me!!! i am down 8.6 in my 5 weeks and i WILL be down 10 by next weigh in. i got real sick while we were out saturday night (and not from drinking, i only had 1). i think i am having a bad reaction to a combo of meds i am on because the last 3 times i took a particular med i have gotten real sick (dizzy, nauseous, BAD migraine) so i have to see my doc again (she already ruled out pregnancy). anyways i spent all day in bed yesterday. i feel like crap now. oh well.... hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:37 PM   #10  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone how are we all doing today? Wow every one I chat with is having rain it seems. I havn't seen real rain since....June sometime I think? The Cowlitz river that I live a block from is so low right now. Driving home from Church yesterday I saw land where the should be water! There are usually small boats parked where the sand is now. That is so weird to see. I am thinking that DS 8 and I may walk down and check it out tomorrow while DD 11 is having Summer School.
I have to confess I had an Elephant Ear Saturday. I did have it at the biggest garage sale we have here. It is a whole neighborhood and I walked 4 hours there pushing a stroller/wheelchair. My butt was sore when I got home even. I did pass on the snow cones and I just love them.
Lynnie congrats on the 3 pounds lost again!
Lexie how did the appointment go today? I amso sorry about that tooth. I chipped my front tooth and still havn't gotten it fixed yet. I am terrifired of Dentist. Doctors for that matter to.
As for that quote....... I think the person has never battled a weight problem. I bet that they are also smart bookwise but dumb humanity wise. I bet that they are pro choice, anti-war, anti prayer in school, and have very few real friends. They were nerds in school grew up went to college and make a higher than average income. They get a perverse feeling of superiority from downing others. I think they need to get a life and live it. Or maybe they need to teach me how to do the math???
Daphne
Old 08-04-2003, 05:58 PM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi girls! Jury duty officially ended today at 1 whichwas nice b/c I was able torelax a bit this afternoon before going back to work tomorrow. I am having a sad fat day. I at Burger King for lunch and then came home and made Nestle cc cookies for DH and I. I just feel like a blob Sorry about the negativity but that always follows my poor eating. You all seem to be doing soooo well though. Congratulations I just keep waiting for the desire to kick in and I am realizing that it probably won't I just HAVE to eat healthily whether I want to or not and the desire will come with time. Yesterday in church the pastor gave an example of a lady in the congregation who lost 80 pds in 10 months Isn't that wonderful. His point was that she didn't wake up thinking "I cannot wait to deprive my body of what it is craving!" (He had a spiritual lesson behind it) But then he mentioned how her husband had lost b/c she was cooking differently and b/c her habits changed. This brought me to the conclusion that I do have a say in my husband health. HE truly will eat whatever I set in front of him so I just have to put in the time and for the millionth time CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!! Ok I know that you all know this and of course I know it but I just had to vent. Thanks for listening to my rambling. Tomorrow is that "Weight Matters" conference that I told you about so I may not be around but I will check in either in the evening or the following day. Thanks for all the support that I know is on the way
Closed Thread