Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - yes, he is such a little cutey! Lots of fun.

We received another load of snow over the weekend & now is it is very cold.
Can't believe the amount of snow in my yard - crazy.

Weight is staying the same lately, so not complaining - although it would be nice to see the scale go down, hoping for that this week at Tops.

All - stay warm and do the best you can, when you can. Also, hope you all can chime in with some posts for some motivation for all of us.

Have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi turtles,
Bandit, doesn't this winter seem colder and snowier than most?
Glad your weight has stabilized.

I am trying Simple Start and it is pretty good. Did you have a chance to see it or are you doing TOPS solely now?

Hope it starts to warm up soon.
Judy
234.6/193/180's gotta watch it now since I have had a lot of sad news and I'm eating over it again. Ugh.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #18  

Hi turtles

Judy - yes, the winters seem more colder/snowier every year. I really could just hibernate for a few months or glady go south which would be even better, but still working so that is not an option at this point.
I am basically still following WW with my 26 points plus 35 flexpoints.
And that works when I work it properly - plus I really need some exercise which is still sadly lacking.

All - sunny today, which helps with it being so cold. Hope you all have a great weigh in.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all! I definitely qualify as a turtle! LOL. A snapshot at my weight loss in any given time frame is .6lbs per week. I am down 58 lbs and it has taken me since August 2012... but you know what? Who cares...I'm down 58 lbs.

The "how long did it take you" question bugs me....it doesn't matter....and it gives others this false sense of if it's not fast and furious it's not good enough.

So....Hello....and I'm going to be spending some time here...I've got a ways to go.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Kristen and
Glad to have you here. Your weight loss is awesome!
Keep on posting . We're a nice group here.
Good luck!
Judy
234.6/193/146 WW goal
Old 02-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey y'all I am sorry I keep forgetting to check in. So I haven't exactly made it to the gym. I know Itry its hard to believe I have been at my job for a year and full time almost a year. The same place at that.

Hey to all the new/old people I pop in and out. So I finally added active link ot my account. Can I just say I walk way more than I realize at work. Also I am also realizing I don't eat enough at times.

So I realized I need to work on toning up. I have been this size before even smaller but I have a little bit of loose skin this time. So toning and my cardio is my major point at the gym.

Other than I my clothes not fitting. No real complaints. On another note something another nurse at the job said to me prompted me to look into going back to school to get my RN.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Life4evr, that seems impossible you've been working there that long. I remember when you were still a student! The active link seems to be giving you lots of insights. Great! I also want to encourage you to advance your degree. You would be a great RN.

We've had so much snow lately and tomorrow morning we're supposted to get a bit more----3-6" We really are still in the heart of winter so we can't expect much improvement any time soon.
My food is doing quite well. I've had a few setbacks, but overall I'm staying on track. I am doing Simple Start, but I allow myself a bit more leeway than they do. would love to hear how the rest of you are managing.

Take care. Be well and happy.
judy
234.6/193/182 and thinner
Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #23  

I hit under 190 today at WW.... .2lbs away from 60 lbs lost.....so , kind of excited about that.

I finally can see a light at the end of the tunnel. The first part was so hard. It seemed that all of the weight I was losing, didn't show. The toilet paper roll thing. Now it seems 5 lbs makes a difference....and it can only get better.

Just string all the little steps together and big things happen.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
What a great message from Kristen today! I am so happy for you. You are where I am struggling to get to. :
Fantastic! So glad that every 5# is showing and you're making such a wonderful difference for yourself.
Inspiring!!! Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itryharder View Post
Hi Turtles,
What a great message from Kristen today! I am so happy for you. You are where I am struggling to get to. :
Fantastic! So glad that every 5# is showing and you're making such a wonderful difference for yourself.
Inspiring!!! Keep on keepin' on.
Judy

Many thanks. It's hard at the very beginning to think that you are actually going to do it and that the small changes you are making add up but they do. Baby steps......inch by inch life's a cinch!!! I stopped worrying so much about how the things I was doing would effect weight loss and just realized that I had to do these things anyway...and weight loss would be a natural result.

And I trusted the program...didn't try to tweak it. Just believe.

Thank you for the congrats....you are not far behind me....you've got this!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #26  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Since being sick this turtle has been going backwards, so not happy & I am really going to have a heart to heart with my doctor. I've been on 1200 calorie, strictly vegetarian diet for 10 straight days & have gained weight. I am higher than when I joined this site, lost 11 pounds & since being sick I have gained 11.8 pounds.

I figure I have 2 choices, I can either quit or I can try harder & drive my doctor insane (& probably everyone else too).

So I went out & bought a stationary bike, I love exercising but only in the Summer & I will call the doctor tomorrow
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #27  
Chick

Shay, hope the heart to heart with your doctor helps!

Sending : to all.

Things crazy here, but it seems every time I write I say that. LOL. In any case I've got a good WW cole slaw in the fridge and some cooked chicken cutlets which will make a good late lunch or early dinner.

Best to everyone~!
Judy
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #28  

Hi everyone

Congrats to those who are losing & big hugs to those struggling.

We have soooooo much snow up here I am running out of room to put it.
Actually had to shovel down the piles alongside driveway since I could no longer see pulling out. But at least the sun is shining & no snow in forecast.

My cousins threw a baby shower yesterday held at my place, so that was fun and the baby was very good. So that was really nice not to have to take baby out & about in the cold. Lots of lovely gifts as well.

Weight has been staying the same, so now time to really get back at things.
I really want to drop at least 10# in the next few months. Summer is quickly approaching & I need to feel more comfortable with myself and
some of my summer clothes didn't fit last year & others were very snug.
And I am determined not to buy up another size.

All - good luck this week with your weighins!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #29  
Chick

Bandit, good to hear from you. So glad the baby shower went well and the baby was good. Also glad to hear that you've got sun.

We are sunny today, but preparing for another six inches tomorrow. it's supposed to snow, rain, then snow again. For once the weathermen have been completely accurate. This has been one of the toughest winters in a long time. Lots of snow that has nowhere to go. Nothing like Canada, I'm sure, but it's still getting very old.

Going to WW mtg. this morning. My weight will be up, but I avoided the scale last week and I know it's not good to avoid it two weeks in a row.
My appetite is back and that's not fun. Well, I had a nice little losing spree and now I have to remember that I kept my portions small.

Hey, we can do this! Bandit, I like the 10# down by summer. Let's all aim for this.

Have a great day. Onward and downward.
Judy
234.6/193/182 and lower
Old 02-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yesterday at my WI I was up 1.4# which wasn't too bad. The good news is I was so busy yesterday that I barely had time to eat. I felt hungry much of the day and then I lost the weight gain and a smidge more! So my "official
weight at WW's is one number, but I'm posting my number from my home scale today.

I guess you are all getting this next snow storm. Holy moly. Will it end?
I've got my food planned and I am going to the kitchen to make a chicken dish right now to have it handy for today and tomorrow.

Wishing you all the best as we get thru this winter!
Judy
234.6/192.6/182 and thinner