Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:23 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's and then some...#141

Hi everyone!!!!!
Can you believe this number? I ate some fried breaded mushrooms today and I feel terrible.
Gotta lie down. TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #2  

Hi

WOW #141

Jen, we think alike don't we? The contest at work is over. One of the girls lost 10 lbs. in 1 month. She deserved it cause she worked really hard to lose it. She ate fat free & exercised 6 days a week. They're going to start another one in a couple of weeks.

Terri, I had fried ice cream for the first time & now I'm nauseous(sp?). One of the atty's I work with insisted on taking me out to lunch. I tried to get out of it but she wouldn't take no for an answer.All I said was that I wondered what fried ice cream tasted like & she went & ordered it. I only had 2 spoonfuls. Imagine if I would have ate it all. I feel so yucky. I hope you're feeling better.

I hope everyone is having a nice evening.

Love,
Es
Old 04-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Hope you're feeling better. We don't eat anything fried...you'd think I wouldn't have a weight problem, ha! I can't even stand the smell on my clothes if I've been in a restaurant where there's a lot of fried food. When we went to a fondue restaurant a couple of years ago, upon coming home we went straight into the laundry room and stripped there! It was awful.

Es,
HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY!!!!!!! , or Secretaries' Day, whichever you prefer. Hope you enjoyed your lunch in spite of the fried ice cream. Yes, the woman who won the challenge sounds as tho she worked hard to win it. Good for her.

~Jen
Old 04-24-2003, 12:52 AM   #4  

Hope everyone had a good day. I know what y'all mean about the fried stuff. We stopped last year at Long John Silvers (Used to be a favorite) and I couldn't eat it all. It made me sick.

Happy Secretaries Day!!!!!!!!!!!

I had fried Ice Cream once. That was when I still lived in Ohio.
I remember how bad I felt afterward. I was thin then. The next year was when I balooned.
Congrats to the girl who lost the 10. Hope she keeps it up.

Good night.
Terri
Old 04-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #5  

Howdy everyone

I can't even begin to imagine how ice cream could be fried Holy moly, wouldn't it melt??? I've gotta say it sounds pretty disgusting to me.

ZoeGirl - I'm so happy that everything turned out okay for you You must feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders - so thrilled for you. And don't worry about the weight (if you gained) - you'll be back on track and losing again real soon. In the scheme of things weight/food is the "small stuff" right? So, don't sweat the small stuff.

Terri - Glad to hear you and Bruce enjoyed your time together - the month will fly by, I'm sure. You'll be so busy, it will go fast.

Es, amiga, ww at work was done a few weeks ago. I was disappointed in myself at that time because I feel I wasted the money and half the time I didn't even show up. I seem to be doing better now that I started fresh last monday (4/14). I feel motivated for some reason, not sure why, but I think the weather has something to do with it. Spring, renewal, etc. I don't care what it is, I hope it lasts for awhile. Your challenge sounds doable. Right now, I'm trying to take it 1 day at a time, cause if I tried to challenge myself to 12 weeks or even 4 weeks, I would get overwhelmed. I have to do it day by day. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Jen - Good luck to you too on your fresh start. As long as we keep at this it doesn't matter how many times we go down that road - and we will always be here to listen. Its great that while someone is struggling the others are here to pick them up and vice versa. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Ruth - How are you doing - almost done with school? You cracked me up about the rabbits food

Hey Janie - are you still on vacation? Hope you are enjoying it.

Hi Donna - how are you doing?

Well, let me get back to work. I'll talk to you's later. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 04-24-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:34 AM   #6  

Morning girls,

DIANNE, yes, only two more weeks of school. Dead week is next week and finals are the week after. I have one more speech to do (I should have given it two days ago on Tuesday), one more English paper, and help my group type a report for a management class. Then 3 weeks of freedom before the summer sessions begin. I'm taking two accounting classes for summer.

Oh, I've been eating alot of "rabbit food" and soup lately. Two nights ago I had to resort to a can of ff beef broth, I cut up onion and mushrooms in it. That was my dinner!!

Yikes, give up fried foods, never!! I grew up eating lots of fried foods like pork chops, chicken, steak... even fried ribs. I don't eat those foods very often anymore, but I love seafood and I love it fried. Fried oysters, fried shrimp, fried fish, I just can't have them as often. So, I indulge about once a month. However, I don't have any desire to try fried ice cream, but hey, I like fried pickles!!

ZOE, I'm so happy that you don't have a problem. I know you must have breathed a "big" sigh of relief.

ES, good luck on your challenge!! Tell your co-worker congrats for me.

JEN, how many times are we going to do this and listen to each other start over, I THINK UNTIL WE GET IT RIGHT!! You have also got started on the right foot, "one day at a time". I think that I'm actually doing that this time.

Hey TERRI, DONNA, JANIE, and SANDI.

Talk to you girls later,
Ruth

PS: I'm going to post photos of our daughters and BRITTANY later today.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
Fried pickles...have heard of them, how do they taste? 2 weeks of school left! woo hoo, enjoy your 3 weeks off!

Dianne,
Yes....One Day at a Time! Or even One Meal at a Time..whichever gets us through. We just have to keep at it!

Terri,
#141 Survivor tonight!

Es,
How's it going? I've been packing away the winter clothes and unpacking the summer stuff...swimsuit season is almost here

Donna,
How are you? Haven't heard from you lately.

I'm so happy, Jess registered to start school in the fall! She's bounced from job to job since high school; will now be attending her community college, full time, in pursuit of an associate's degree as a clinical laboratory technologist. She's applied for financial aid, which I've been encouraging her to do for some time. It's a 2 year course, by which time Matthew will be in school and she will be able to make better money, and, hopefully, pursue a bachelor's degree. I've been worried about her, this is such great news!

have a good afternoon

~Jen
p.s......this looks like a good way to weigh ourselves
Old 04-24-2003, 04:17 PM   #8  

Jen - OMG, too funny - that's my picture you posted Now I don't have to send one to Ruth to post for me

Great news about Jess - congrats to her and to you for encouraging her!

Talk to you all later, gaters!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:04 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne!!! no way are you getting out of posting your picture that easily!!!! c'mon hand it over...nice and slow....to Ruth!
glad you liked the cartoon

~Jen
Old 04-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #10  

JEN, I know you must be thrilled that Jess is going to school. It gives me hope that if I keep encouraging my two daughters, just maybe they will do something with their life someday.

It is hard to explain what fried pickles test like. But I love them.

DIANNE, you are too funny!! But, Jen did post a hilarious pic.

Bye for now,
Ruth

This pic is my two daughters it was taken 2 1/2 years ago.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:13 PM   #11  

The photo above is of my daughters, the one with the straight hair is my youngest daughter Angela, the other is my oldest daughter Chasity. Oh, those curls are natural.

One more photo, this is Maurice and Brittany.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends

Just stopping in for a moment to say hi and see how y'all are doing. I'm so busy ~ after being so scarce here with worry, now I'm so busy with all the stuff I didn't do the last 9 days. Sheesh!

Ruth ~ great pictures!!

Jen ~ loved that picture!! that is so good.

Dianne ~ do you have that book "Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff"? I do and you'd think I'd read it more, huh?

Terri ~ Survivor tonight....woo hoo!!

Es ~ I LOVE fried ice cream!! I haven't had that in AGES......sorry it didn't agree with you.

Hi to the rest of you's guys. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Me <><
Old 04-24-2003, 07:56 PM   #13  

Angry

Hello

Ruth, nice pictures. Just thinking about a fried pickle makes me nauseous.

Zoe, I heard the best fried ice cream is in the mexican restaurants. I don't think I'll ever have it again. Maybe you should take a little time for yourself this weekend.

Jen, I love the cartoon. That's just as cute as the one Terri posted with the lady shooting the scale!!! OMG that was so funny Good news about Jess going back to school.

Amiga, I can understand taking one day at a time. Doesn't make trying to lose so stressful. I even bought those stupid One A Day WeightSmart vitamins which I'm sure was a waste of money.

Well, have to go renew my drivers license tomorrow morning. Pete said I could keep the same picture which I'm going to do. He's coming with me to keep me company.

My friends, I hope you all have a goodnight.

Love,
Es
Old 04-25-2003, 02:39 AM   #14  

Dianne,
The outside of the ball of ice cream they roll it in flakes of some sort and then put it in the frier for a few and the outside gets crunchy but the ice cream didn't have time to melt. It was good when I tried it I just felt guilty eating it. Yes, Mexican restaurants have the best.

Jen,
Tell Jessica congrats! That is great news. You are a good mom to encourage her.

Jen and Zoe,
Did you see Survivor? I LOVED IT~ When Alex told Rob about voting him out I was like YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob wants to win. I am so glad that he turned the tables on those lazy as***.
Jenna and Heidi thought it was terrible that Christy won the letter. I guess her life isn't as important. Everything revolves around them I guess. If Jenna was so worried about her mom she should have stayed home. Can you tell our house is jumping during Survivor? We all jumped up and screamed when he said the 10th person voted out is..............Alex. Now I want the
skeletons to go. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love that scale picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth,
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

It is 1:38A.M. better get to bed.

Terri
Old 04-25-2003, 09:30 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Yes, those girls have to go!!! I should go on Survivor....could lose alot of weight if I lasted till the end! They just interviewed Alex on CBS this morning...he said it was all about the adventure, not necessarily the money. I can see that...a great opportunity to spend a month, free, in a gorgeous part of the world.

Es,
I've got to renew my license before my birthday this year. Our state automatically renews if you've got no tickets, etc...so the photo on mine is from 1994 and it's a really bad photo. I won't be sorry to see it go!

Ruth,
Your daughters are very pretty I'd kill for that curly hair! Great shot of Maurice and the baby.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, ended up having some chocolate candy leftover from Easter...but the rest of the day was good

till later,
~Jen
Closed Thread