3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters Enjoying August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/263904-thursday-chatters-enjoying-august.html)

Tina 08-01-2012 10:01 AM

Thursday Chatters Enjoying August

Good day, Chatters,

We are a group of people who want to be as healthy as possible.
Now, or at one time, we weigh-in on Thursdays. It's a very supportive group.
Come on in and stay!

I'm home from the beach. It was wonderful to relax with no housework or thoughts of problems.
I had lost a couple of pounds before the trip. I am sure those pounds are back. That's okay because I will exercise hard.

Let's talk!!!!!!!!

:flow1:

maureen kempster 08-01-2012 12:19 PM

Hi all

Tina, glad you had a good time at the beach - it does us good to get away - my boss asked if I wanted to go with him & his girls this weekend(it's a long weekend for us) to Niagara Falls - but I suggested he get the lady who's going to be his nanny eventually - that way the girls get to know her & her them - but I'm still on for Cape Cod at the end of August - I've taken the first week in September off so that'll give me 2 weeks. Looking forward to the time off.

I've been sticking to program and will walk home today if it doesn't rain.
hope everyone's having a great day

maureen

Tina 08-01-2012 12:59 PM

Maureen, you are going to Cape Cod? Wow! I wish I could come up and meet you there. That would be a blast.
Unfortunately, there are lots of things happening around that time. :(:(:(
(I don't think I could afford the airfare that far up anyway.) :dizzy:

It's hot here in TX!!!!!

maureen kempster 08-04-2012 08:24 PM

Well I hope everyone's enjoying the nice hot summer - we need rain so badly here - it's 88 here & with the humidy it feels like 102!! glad I live in a semi-basement apartment it's always cool.

I have a long weekend - glad for the time off - even though I did go in for 3 hours this afternoon.

I'm finishing week 4 of doing WW on line - weigh in tomorrow morning - keep your fingers crossed - I've been really sticking to program

well let's all have a great rest of the weekend

talk soon

maureen

maureen kempster 08-05-2012 08:48 AM

down 1 lb for 4.2 in 4 weeks - I'll take it -

hope we all have a great weekend

maureen

Tina 08-05-2012 09:50 AM

Morning,

Maureen, that s awesome!!!!!!! :bravo:

I hope all Chatters are well and having a super weekend. :hug:

Sis 08-06-2012 10:53 AM

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on here as much lately, hubby and I are doing some house remodeling and other things going on.... I'm hanging in there. I was up last week and down a bit this week. Hoping to be down more tomorrows WI. The weather is finally cooling down!!! Yay!!! :) The 90's are SO not for me!! Hope everyone else is having better weather too. Take care all, I will post more tomorrow.

Itryharder 08-06-2012 06:13 PM

Hi to all who post here. You helped me out with info. a couple of weeks ago.
I am getting closer and closer to all Core/Filling Foods. Thanks for the input.
Good luck to you all!
Judy
234.6/192/170 and thinner to goal :cheers:

Tina 08-06-2012 10:55 PM

Hi all,

Sis, we've missed you!!!! Congratulations on staying with it. And, wow to the remodeling. I want to see pictures. :D
Susan, how are you?
Jeanne, how is work?
Janelle, and all, please "sign in.". :)
Maureen, how was your weekend?
Anyone have a good blueberry muffin recipe?

:hug:

Chubbygirl253 08-07-2012 01:56 AM

Hi, I'm Laura. I do WW myself from home, not online or anything. I weigh in on Sundays and Thursdays. Right now its the wrong TOM for losing but I'm hoping for any loss at all on my Thurs weigh-in. I've been working out like a maniac (at the Y) so I really want to see some reward for that on the scale. :goodscale

Tina 08-07-2012 10:43 AM

Chubbygirl, :welcome3: You will find lots of support here.
Good luck with your workouts.

I started arm exercises today. I looked in the mirror and saw flab! :o:o:o
:lol:

maureen kempster 08-07-2012 12:17 PM

Welcome Laura you're in the right place - lot's of good advice and super people on this board.
I'm doing ww for the ??? time on line this time but I don't think I'll renew my membership there. I feel I can get what I need from other boards and here at no cost.

Good luck in your journey.

Good for you Tina with the arm exercises. --I'm hoping to walk home today if the rain holds off. keep your fingers crossed.

hope we all have a great day on program we're worth it

maureen

PS I'm changing my tracker!!!! hurray

Tina 08-09-2012 08:26 AM

Good morning,
Yes, I'm at the computer early for me today. I had to get up for the bathroom and just stayed awake. :D

Maureen did you get to walk home? You are an inspiration! Is there interesting stuff to see while walking? I like listening to music while walking. It makes the time fly.

Sis, how was your weigh-in? I hope good. Have you and your husband finished the house remodeling? That is usually an on-going job. I'm so glad we don't have to do that now. Our place was new when we bought it. Yea!
(I still so miss my yard, though.)

Laura, I hope you have a good weigh-in. Fingers crossed here for you! :hug:
Oh, I forgot to mention to you that I am a Lifetimer who has several pounds to make it back to goal range. :o

Does anyone else want to talk????? :):):)

Chubbygirl253 08-09-2012 06:38 PM

Hi ladies! (and guys if there are any here)

I lost 2 more pounds! I'm on a roll, that makes total of 20 pounds lost now!

And today I had my best workout ever! 3 hrs of intense cardio, 30 mins strength training, and 30 crunches! Also I have started the "couch to 5k" and I have completed the 1st 2 training sessions. Soooo amazed and proud that I am doing this!

diet is going good. But I'm hardly even counting my ww points this week because I'm using much less than I'm allowed. Guess I'm more calorie counting this week. But I do luv ww!

maureen kempster 08-09-2012 07:37 PM

Laura you're doing fantastic - I wish I had your energy - the way you're going you'll be at goal before you know it

super

Chubbygirl253 08-11-2012 02:00 AM

hi ladies I snuck a peek at the scale between weigh days. i think I lost another 2 pounds but it could just be a natural fluctuation of the scale so I think I'll pull on my patience pants and just wait till Sunday to make it official. (I weigh biweekly sun&thurs)

diet is going great. exercise is even better. Did I tell you guys that I have decided to do the training for a 5k? It's called couch-to-5k. I love it. I've completed week 1 already.

I exceeded my goal today of working out 3 hrs a day. I did 3hrs 25 mins of cardio. Tomorrow I am letting myself sleep in since I've been up early every day this week to hit the Y first thing. What a treat! And Sunday I think I'm going to try a new class called Pi-Yo. (pilates-yoga) Sounds good.

so what's new with y'all?

Sis 08-11-2012 09:37 AM

Hi guys! It's Saturday, sorry I didn't post earlier this week. I was up the .2 I was down last week. :*( Oh well, I will just keep trying to get OP and get in some exercise. I know I need to do that. Hope everyone here is doing great. We are having wonderful weather this week! Thank goodness with all the stuff going on in the house. Take care everyone! Have an AMAZING week!

Tina 08-11-2012 03:27 PM

Good day!
It's beautiful weather here, too.

Laura, wow to all that exercising. Just remember that we gain a little from muscle after lots of exercising. Great work. :carrot:

Sis, missed you! What all are you doing to the house? Does it involve several rooms? :dizzy:
Are you drinking lots of water? Are you eating all your daily points. I understand not eating enough can cause us to gain. Weird!
Keep at it because you really are doing great!!! :dance:

Maureen, what are you doing this weekend?

I've got to clean bathrooms today. Yuck

maureen kempster 08-11-2012 08:24 PM

All I can say it's a good thing today is the end of my ww week because if I had any points left this morning they're all gone now!!! My sister had a party for her husband's 50th and I ate much more than I should of. I'll let you know what happens with weigh in tomorrow!!

have a good rest of the evening

maureen

Tina 08-11-2012 08:53 PM

Maureen, we gotta splurge at birthday parties. :lol:

:flow2:

Chubbygirl253 08-12-2012 01:29 AM

hi ladies! Tomorrow is weigh day for me sisnce I weigh thurs and sun. I have a good feeling about it though. Had a good day today.

Tina 08-12-2012 04:15 PM

Good Luck, Laura!!!

maureen kempster 08-13-2012 12:11 PM

it's getting very discouraging- I stick to program - enter everything I eat and in 5 weeks all I've lost is 3.4 lbs! As I said in earlier post I realize at my age this is a slower process but lordy lordy lordy - how slow can it be without going in reverse?????

well, I'm hoping to walk home again if it doesn't rain -

talk to you later

maureen

maureen kempster 08-13-2012 06:07 PM

hurray I was able to walk home - great way to start the week

Tina 08-13-2012 06:11 PM

:dance: Maureen :carrot:
Listen, I'm with you about these pounds not coming off fast. However, I can tell that my measurements are better. Have you measured lately? Maybe that will help.

Chubbygirl253 08-13-2012 06:58 PM

hi y'all. just checking in

I'm so sore and tired. Had a tough workout today. Nothing a few ibuprofen won't fix.
Did 1 hr water aerobics, 45 mins yoga, 25 mins recumbent cross-trainer, and my c-2-5-k session of walking and jogging in intervals for 25 mins. Also, I tried some new things- did 5 mins on the rowing machine and 35 mins on the elliptical trainer.

I must say, that 35 mins on the elliptical is a NSV for me! I've tried it in the past and could only do it for a couple mins. Literally 1 or 2 mins and all my muscles would be screaming for me to get off. Today i did it and yes, it was hard but nothing I couldn't handle. I am making progress!

diet is going swell.

have a good day ladies!

maureen kempster 08-13-2012 07:53 PM

Laura - I don't know how you do it!!! you'll be at goal in no time

Tina 08-13-2012 10:17 PM

Wow, Laura, that was a great workout. :bravo:

Tina 08-15-2012 09:45 AM

Good Wednesday!!!

What are you doing just for yourself today? :dance:
I'm going to Target and look at everything. (In order to look, I will WALK a lot. :)

maureen kempster 08-15-2012 06:11 PM

Target's coming up to Canada soon - I hope we get the same bargains!!
I walked home monday & yesterday - today I walked half way home then took the bus the rest of the way

Tina 08-16-2012 05:46 PM

Hi all,
How has your day been? I didn't exercise today. I will tomorrow.

Maureen, congrats on all your walking.

Ladybug2680 08-17-2012 05:10 PM

Hello all. I made it back to my meeting on Thursday after not making it for about 4-5 weeks. With that said I have gone up a few pounds, but I expected it so it will be okay. I'm back on the wagon and know that I can do this. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tina 08-17-2012 10:55 PM

Yea, Dori. I am so proud of you!!!!! :bravo:
You can do this!

My measurements are better. My stomach is actually getting smaller. Now, I just wish the scale would move. :)

It is quiet right now. I hope everyone had a good Friday.

jar1965 08-18-2012 10:53 AM

Hi everyone! Just a quick fly by to say hi! On my way to work!!! (overtime):dizzy:

YAY TO TARGET GOING TO CANADA!!!!!! You girls will love it!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME TO LAURA!!! You will love these girls! Keep up the good work!

Susan - Hi! Miss you!
Tina - Glad you had a great time at the beach! Hope your summer has been restful!
Maureen & Marion - My canadian friends......hope everyone is healthy!
Hi Dori!
Tammy - I've been following you on fb! Seems you've been pretty busy!

Hope I didnt miss anyone! Have a great weekend. We are getting a break from the hot, humid weather. Forecast shows high 70's!!!!!!!!!!!! for the next 14 days! Wow!!!!!!!
jeanne

Tina 08-19-2012 10:00 AM

Good morning!!!!

I hope everyone is having a super weekend. :):):)

Chubbygirl253 08-20-2012 08:44 PM

Hi everyone, just stopping by to say hi. I'm looking forward to weighing Thursday. I'm only 4 lbs away from my August goal. I would luv to meet that goal early. Trying to stay away from the scale between now and then.

maureen kempster 08-21-2012 12:10 PM

Hi everyone

Tina how've you been? anything new and exciting happening? it's been really quiet on the boards lately. I managed to walk home yesterday and it looks like the weather will be nice enough to do so again today. After 6 weeks of on line WW I managed to lose 5 lbs!!! Just 1 more to get into the next set of 10's - hopefully this sunday

Laura you're doing fantastic - keep it up

well, here's to a great rest of the day

maureen

Tina 08-23-2012 04:58 PM

Hi all,
We went back to the beach for a few nights. This is something that we never do. It was fun and lots of exercise! I am anxious to weigh.

Laura, you are doing great!

Jeanne, it is good to hear from you.

Maureen, you're right, it's way too quiet around here.
I understand that it's crazy you doing all that walking and staying OP and just losing a few pounds. HOWEVER, you are so consistant in your exercising and eating healthy. I'll bet those pounds just fall off some day soon. :o ;)

maureen kempster 08-23-2012 06:30 PM

sounds like you had a nice time at the beach -I managed to walk home 3 nights this week - so not too bad - it's crazy busy at work.

I was wondering if anyone on here had skype? if you did we could have our own meeting on line

it's an idea

well hope we all have a great evening

talk to you all later

jar1965 08-24-2012 08:31 AM

Morning everyone! Still working o.t!!!! Hope everyone is healthy and active and enjoying summer. It is coming to an end. :(

Heading into work. Have a great day. I'll check back over the w/e and post!!!!!!! ;)