Thursday Chatters for December

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • We have a IPAD and love it. We take turns using it. I think we'll have to get another one soon!

Tina, you need one!!!
  • Good morning everyone,
    I've got sooooo much I want to get done and here I am on here.
    Larry is home this week and my schedule is all out of whack. I love him home, of course. (He had vacation days to take.)
    I need to be at the gym exercising. I need to wrap presents. I need to go get my hair trimmed. etc., etc., etc.

We had Chinese yesterday and I feel like a blimp today.
    What's going on with y'all?????

• Well I still haven't gotten back on the wagon. I'm having a hard time for some reason. I'm debating on whether to continue doing WW's meetings or to cancel it and start over on my own at the beginning of the new year. Other than that things are well. Tomorrow is the last day of school and we'll be headed down to Thomasville to visit with Justin's family until the 26th. I still have a few presents to get and hope to grab them this weekend. I'll keep you all updated on getting back on the wagon.
  • Tomorrow is my last day to!!! YEA!!!!!! Kids get out at 10:50 and then we have a luncheon and then can leave. I'll be leaving in a trail of smoke! I think all of my kids are staying home anyways.

I went to the dietician. She didn't weigh me today. I started my period. Not sure why since I had that ablation. I felt it coming on for about 2 weeks. Then on top of that since I had that allergic reaction to the gluten a few weeks ago and was on steroids. I'm all screwed up. She said my weight will drop off soon. So I'm gluten sensitive which can really make you not lose weight. She said that it can REALLY mess up your gut and can take about 6 months for everything to heal and return to normal. I'm excited that we found what it is. I think it will make things much better. She has not had anyone have such a reaction to gluten from the 3 week clean up diet like I did.

Well, I found what I wanted for Christmas. It a ring. A 8.5mm silver band with Séamus Aiden Mullins written on it and his birthday on the inside. It's on www.ccforlife.com I'm so excited because I've always wanted one!!!!

Tina, I know what you mean about Larry messing up your routine. Pat just told me that he was going to be taking some time off next week.

Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!

Dori, it's so good to hear from you. It's hard to get back to it when so much is going on. Personally, I would not stop WW because it's sooooooo hard to stay on track when doing it yourself. I know because I tried it.

Susan, Yea----no more school for the holidays!!! Oh, I went to that web site and love the ring. It's going to be so precious for you to wear.

Jeanne, sign in, please.

Maureen, are you home yet? Let us know your new address.

Janelle, how are you doing?

Mimi, Tammy, farmgirl, we miss y'all.
  • So I come out of school and have a flat tire. Most of the teachers are gone. I call my friend who teaches at the same school and he had left. Plus he was on the way to the airport. Another teacher walks out and said she was going in to get one of the male Physics teachers to come change my tire. He did and was real sweet. What a way to meet someone new! I took it to Discount Tire and had a drill bit in it.

I got home and dropped something in the disposal. I stuck my hand in and then got out what i dropped, turned it on and it sounded horrible. I put my hand back in and pulled out pieces of my gold bracelet. Needless to say, there wasn't much left of it. I didn't' even know it had come off. Then the disposal wouldn't come on. Great! Pat called and I told him. He said "Of course!" and just chuckled. He married I Love Lucy!

He comes home and reaches in the disposal and does something and then turns it on and it works. He laughed about my bracelet and asked..... "is this so important because of the bracelet or because your mom and dad gave it to you? We can get you another one." Of course it's because mom and dad gave it to me.

I figure I better just stay home tonight. It's safer.

Tina, thanks about the ring. I'm really excited!!!
    Jeanne, are you busy at work?
    Tammy, how are you?
    Mimi, when is your move date?
    Maureen, I wish you much happiness!
  • Hi Ladies
    I made it back!!! I should just buy an RV they would be much easier to move!!!-the low down-I was going to take a bus back and that would have taken 2.5 days-I would have arrived in Ottawa tomorrow morning at 7 AM-on Tuesday my old employer here called and said they were going to fly me back on friday-I start with them on Monday-I didn't tell you I don't think-that I already had been speaking to my old director and I'm going back-I'm going back with a whole new attitude-they offered me my old position without the temporary staff's payroll but I'll be responsible for the Workers' Compensation - security - and making the owner's travel arrangements-if I'm swamped another young lady will take care of the travel-they gave me a raise, I'm keeping my seniority and my leave structure-this was offered to me I didn't ask for anything when I spoke to Matt-so I guess they liked my work-
    I went and saw my Mom last night - it's crap getting old with that awful disease.
    I also saw the apartment my sister has to rent to me-it will be fine-my furniture should arrive in a few weeks and if I'm lucky my car will be here tomorrow.
    So other than that, things are pretty quiet!!!

Susan, the ring sounds beautiful. Glad you're getting it.
    Tina, hope all's well your way-I promise starting today I'm pulling up my socks and getting back on track-I'm not waiting for the new year-my time is right now!!
    let's all have a great day and it's great to be back-no more mega moves for this old broad

talk to you soon I'm going to be here lots

maureen
  • Maureen,
    I'm glad you made it "home" safely. That is fantastic about your job. Wow, it sounds like you really made out! Where will you stay until your furniture gets there?
    I'm sorry about your mom. It's just not easy seeing them that way. I understand!

Larry went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. He was happy that the pain is gone. The numbness is still there, though. So, he has an MRI on Tuesday afternoon. Then, we go back to the dr. for the results. That will be on Christmas Eve Eve (Friday.)
    I go for my yearly ob/gyn visit on Wednesday.
    In between all this, I'll bake.
  • Good morning, Group!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!

• Ho, Ho, Ho
    I went to my annual ob/gyn exam. I guess I'm okay.
    This afternoon is all mine to bake and bake and bake. Stretching out on the sofa and having a Diet Coke sounds good but I am going to bake!!!!!

• It's almost here!!!!!

• MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Love ya'all!
  • We wish you a Merry Christmas! My oldest son, the Dh, and the grandbabies!

• I'm still here. Just been really busy. Doing fine, still hanging in maintenance. Started the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Kicking my bum, but loving it. Except for lunges, they bite!

WARNING! Long update ahead!

We did our big Christmas today! (My side)Shopping for the babies was so much fun! The rocking horses were a hit!

Every one made it, so we had all of the next generation there. Jay Lynne, Raimie, Devani, Allie and Tristan, who is only 3 weeks old, None are over 3, and the son of my nephews girlfriend, he's 2 1/2! It was a hoot! WE got some great 5 generation pics with all the family!

I do have one more Christmas to do, but not until Friday night with the inlaws, and another great gramma. This one was tough to plan. My inlaws, due to a lot of family "junk", thought we were all mad at them, and did not want to do anything, *rolls eyes*. I dang near had to flog them into this.

We're just doing Chili and Oyster soup and crackers and munchies. My kids and I are bringing all the food and disposable dishes to Great Grammas. It's easier, than dragging her and her oxygen, and walker, somewhere else. Now, she's all in a dither, because her pastor, stops at her house on Friday evening, visits and changes his clothes, (I don't know why the clothes change), but she's all worried about that. SO! He can meet us all and have a bowl of soup! It will all work out ok.

Will be busy for the week. The vet tech has the week off, so just me and the doc. Glad WW is good about replacing pedometers, mine will be burning up!

Doc is going to be cranky, because with the VT off, it throws off the normal routine, and doc is older, and about 2 weeks ago, his AWOL, trophy wife, finally showed up and told him she wants a divorce. Merry Christmas! Been a bit tense at the hospital.

Then, on Tuesday morning, at 5a.m. the hub at an A-fib attack, yup, a trip to the ER. WooPee! It was the first since his surgery last January. He flipped back into sinus just as we pulled into the parking lot at the hospital, I made him go in anyway!

Then, due to his employer changing health insurance co. in August, we find out, we have to meet the extra on the new deductible and out of pocket. Yup, that irritated me. In October of 2010, we knew he needed heart surgery, so we preplanned everything for 2011, so we could between the benny card and insurance could cover it all in 2011. NOPE. The employer changes plan in August. So now, more medical bills. Guess, we need to pre plan 2 years ahead, and hope for the best. GRR! Chewed some butt over that one. We have to plan our flexible benefit spending for the next year by the 1st of December, but, the employer makes changes in companies in August. While I'm glad we have the coverage we have, it would be nice if the changes could be coordinated to take place at the same time!

We met the out of pocket and deductible in January of 2011, when the hub had $75,000 worth of heart surgery, thought we were good for the year, had it all planned. NOPE. The new health insurance, has a bigger deductible and out of pocket, so now we have to come up with an extra $grand. YAY!

And his heart still isn't right. *deep sigh*

Ah well. Mostly we are good, and very lucky to have lots of great family, and mostly we get along and love each other.

Thanks for listening!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!
  • Hi all,
    Wow, janelle, you had a lot of news!

How was everyone's day yesterday?
    I received some great gifts! But boy am I tired today.
    Tomorrow it's back to the gym.