Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 07:20 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post Is it Thursday already?

Last time I wrote a big post, someone else started the thread while I was writing it and then we had two threads! So this is just creating, then my big schpeil (sp?)
Old 01-23-2003, 07:37 AM   #2  

Sorry I have not been around. This will be an extremely long post, and you will soon learn why I haven't been around.

First to respond to the past 3 days of posts.

Kim - That is a tough situation. My dad owns his own company and the only people that work there are him and my mom. And they do it out of their basement. And have for the past 8 years. And to tell you the truth, I worked for my dad for a year and never realized how much my parents loved eachother until then because I got to see them tease eachother and stuff like that. They work extremely well together. My advice to you is that being happy in your job is the most important thing. More on that to come, as it is one of the reasons I have not posted lately.

Belle - Yay on the pants!!!!!! More on my shopping spree later

Tonya - That dog is sooooooooo lucky. I just had a huge argument with a friend yesterday on what I thought was animal abuse. More on that too later I guess

Laura - Do what you think will help you. If WW isn't it, then don't continue. I know how you feel!!!

Hello to everyone else...sorry I don't have time to respond.

Ok first about eating. My little problem has reared its ugly head. I think its because I am working so much (stress) plus all the kids have at their house is junk food. I've learned to bring my own snacks with me now.

Onto the job situation:
I am still really (emphasize that REALLY) not happy here. I have been applying for jobs back in Boston like crazy. I so do not like it here in RI either. My family and friends are so far away, and Jay and I have only made one really good friend here since we got here in May.

Why I haven't posted:
Monday I had off but had to babysit still 3-6. It was an OK day. I watched the new version of "The Shining" which I thought was very good. It was 4 hours long tho hehe Tuesday I went home sick at 9:30 (got to work at 6:30), then babysat 3-8. Got off an hour early. Yesterday I worked 6:30 - 12, went home and had lunch, then had to go to the dentist at 1:30. I had a broken filling and had to get that replaced. Then I babysat 3-9. Although I did get to do MY grocery shopping while I babysat.

Ok, now shopping So after the dentist and before babysitting yesterday I went to the Gap. OH MY you would not believe what I found. LOW RISE BOOT CUT JEANS FOR $12.99!!!!!!!!! And they had 2 of them in size 10s. I bought them BOTH. They fit wonderfully. I kinda wish I could wear an 8 and I even tried one on but nope not yet! I don't like jeans that sit right on my waist at the belly button. They annoy me. I only like the low rise jeans. Before I could fit into them (when I was a size 16 and 18) I used to buy men's jeans so they would fall below my waist. I also got 3 shirts (with hoods) for $7 each. I got a down filled vest for $9.99 (need that for work, it is FREEZING in here) and I got a new purse. The purse was the only thing not on sale. I think it was around $25 but so cute. So this is where my babysitting money went (half of it actually. I spend $88 at the gap, then $92 on groceries. So almost exactly half).

Babysitting:
I often think about quitting, but then I think about what I can buy with all the extra money and how my debt will go down quicker and then I decide not to quit. But it really takes up so much time. I go to bed at 10 and get up at 5:30. I really want to get to bed at 9 but it doesn't happen.

Ok I have an animal story too but this post is already so long I will spare you it and post it later.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 01-23-2003, 08:07 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I've been missing in action the past couple of days...not because I have been off program...I have just been very busy. I haven't gone back to read any of the threads, but I will!

I have some exciting news!...I dropped a point range I am now in the 20-25 point range. At weigh in last night I was down 2.4 pounds and I got my 25 pound magnet! (I have lost 26 pounds on WW), and 8 pounds before that on my own. So, yippee!!

I'm working today until 7:30 tonight so this will be my only post of the day. Unless I get a chance to check the boards during my lunch.

Lori...A size 10?!?!?! I would be jumping for joy if I was that small! You are SKINNY MINNEY! girl! I love shopping...Saturday dh and I are taking off for the day and I am going to my fav. thrift store. I HOPE I will be able to fit into something....usually everything is too small. It has been a few months since I went so it might be a different story! I would try to keep the babysitting job until you find something you would like better. The extra money is what lets you go on your shopping spree's!

Have a great day all!

Angie
Old 01-23-2003, 11:26 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Morning Gals!

Not too much new here. I didn't eat in mypoints range yesterday! Argh! I ended up rushed & we turned to fast food. Today is betterplanned so things should be fine. My cold is still hanging on. I feel worse this morning than I did all day yesterday. Argh! I'm so glad i have today & tomorrow off. Poor DH has the cold full blown now & he has to work. I feel so bad for him.

Lori, I hope that your stress goes down & that you can find acomfortable routine with both jobs. Can I ask why you moved from Boston to RI? Does Jay want to move back too?

Angie, congrats on your 26lbs! That is awesome!! Keep it up!

Hey to all you other gals out there. Hope everyone has an easy OP day!
Old 01-23-2003, 12:46 PM   #5  

Rina - Sorry I about your bad day, I know how that goes! As for why we moved here, it was because of this job. Now that I found out the job isnt' what it was all made up to be, there is no point in staying. Neither of us care for it here at all and we miss the city. We both want to go back.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:58 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! Angie-you rocl! Congratulations! I bet you will be pleasantly surprised while shopping...
Lori-I'm jealous of the bargains-if i weren't PG I'd be hitting the Gap!
Hi to everyone else!
Lori
Old 01-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hey! How are you all doing?

Angie - woo hoo on the 26!! Yay Angie!!

Lori - whoa, you are a busy girl! Are you feeling better now?

Rina- hope you and DH get well - we have another round of Norwalk here.....apparantly at the shelter I toured last week there is a huge outbreak. They phoned to warn us....yikes.

Hi Lori! How is PG going??

Well bellydancing was really good last night but the roads were scary. I don't look forward to driving again tonight and packing at mom's....

Well, I must go. Have a good day.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Hey All,

I just signed up for the at-work sessions of WW which are being held at my school. I figure the meetings were what helped me lsose the weight in the first place and with this little gain I haven't lost yet, I think it will help get my @ss into gear for getting rid of it. The meetings are 15 minutes after my last class which makes it VERY convenient for me, the downside is even when I get back under goal I'll have to pay for it. On the plus side I had a kick@ss work out today, with a lot of cardio and an upper body workout

LoriD: Hey how's everything going?

Lori: Yeah I have been having fun with bargins. I don't want to shop much right now since I am about 1/2 a size bigger than I want to be. I will get it off though!!! But this sweater I adored at the GAP which was originally $60 CDN was selling for $20CDN so I was VERY happy

Rina: Sorry about the cold, I doubt this cold snap is helping at all... It's soo cold here (you're having it too out west right?) all I want to do is hibernate and eat comfort foods. I did make some veggie Soup though(the best batch I have ever made, my roomate had some and loved it).

Angie: 25lbs! You go girl! You're getting so close!!! It must feel good

Anyway sorry for being MIA, I have been lurking though!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 01-23-2003, 02:44 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Belle: I think I may want to take a Bellydancing class one day! I like trying new things!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 01-23-2003, 05:12 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey all! I just got back from the store. I ended up finally getting a new scale!! Yippee! No more frustrations of the crappy scale. This one is digital & it does 1/2lbs or 0.2kilos which is good enough for me. I am super excited which is funny b/c I don't think I've ever been excited about weighing myself before! I did weigh myself on it & my other scale to see the difference & this time my other scale behaved perfectly. Weird. Anyway wearing clothes it showed a 5.5 gain from a week and a half ago which is the last time I WI. I'm hoping its the clothes & the bloat I'm feeling right now. I might try again tomorrow in the morning naked even though i try to only weigh myself on Mondays. Unfortunatelty I should have TOM by Tuesday so I doubt this WI will be very accurate anyway. It is fun to have a new scale however & it will be one less stress b/c at least I know its accurate.

Ali, good for you going back to meetings. Sounds convenient. Hopefully you'll get the support you need there. Is your Mom still doing WW? If so how is she making out? Yes it is very cold here. Today its -24C (-11.2F) but with the windchill its -37C (-34.6F). BRRR!

Belle, don't stress to much on the road. Good luck with packing. Is your Mom having to get rid of stuff to fit into an apartment? My parents are pack rats. Five years ago we cleaned out my Mom's basement & got rid of a bunch of junk (she wasn't too pleased) but now here she is with it full again of stuff we'll never need.

I went clothes shopping & foun dnothing that I liked or that was suitable for my work. I get so frustrated. I can't wait until I can buy normal sized clothes so that I can have things suitable to my age without paying an arm & a leg! Right now I just dream about getting out of the 20 somethign sizes. Its going to take awhile though but I'll get there eventually. Anyway I think I'm going to find our recipe thread & post that crepe recipe that DH made for my b-day. You gals have got to try it. Its to die for!
Closed Thread