Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #1  

Default Feels so different this time

I've been a WW member off & on since 1983. Over those years, while on the plan I always did well, but I'd get cocky & decide I could do it on my own. Didn't like spending the money you know . In those years, I've managed to gain 100 lbs and lose my enthusiasm for staying healthy.

This time feels so different. Instead of hearing the voices say "it's only until you lose the weight...then you can have this or that" I'm hearing voices (yes, scary voices hehe) tell me, or rather ask "why do you want that?" "Is it the crunch? The salt? The grease? The sweet? The creamy?" Then I'm able to usually come up with something that will offer what I'm craving. For instance this morning, I'm in the store (had to work an unscheduled shift) grabbing something to take with me for the day. Yogurt, fruit - now where's the granola? I need gluten free, so of course that store didn't have any for me. Ah! nuts!.... WHAT? 9.98/lb for bulk? I won't be able to weigh out my portion at work!! All I want is crunchy to go with the creamy yogurt. Presto! an apple it is. I'll let you know later, how that stands up to the smell of the donuts brought in for the crew.

The other major change I'm feeling is that I'm constantly aware of making the proper choice for me. Routine is apparently much more influential than I realized. I find myself steering toward a fast food place or toward the junk food in the grocery, telling myself that I've done so well, I can reward myself. Very quickly, reason sets in & says (see? too many voices) "this is a choice that got you where you are today, do you want to stay there?"

I'm feeling very successful in regards to food choices, portion control, and speed of eating. Now to overcome the voices regarding exercise, or rather let the good voices overpower the negative nellies.
u2can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Great idea!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #3  
Alex J

How's the weight watchers going u2can? It sounds like you're in the right frame of mind for weight loss success and yes, routine is so important as it means you can plan your meals. I always feel that if I want to reward myself for good diet work, I do it by going shopping instead of turning to junk food! The WW points plan is pretty good - how are you finding it? I hope it's going well and good luck!
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I'd like an update too! Come on over to the general WW group and chat!!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote