Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! The weekend was a good one but not where food was concerned... not at all, repeatedly made very bad choices and it is going to show up big time on Thursday, no doubt about it... now it is time to get back in the saddle and move past it!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend - we had the most incredible weather here yesterday, I mean it was gorgeous!

Got some yard work done and found that we have a leak on our main water line... ugh, will be calling the water company today, praying it is not going to be bad but the house is old so the potential for this to be a very costly repair is huge. Will see.

We went to see The Hangover Part II yesterday... I have to be honest, I did not like it very much but loved the first one... this one was a disappointment.

I have to run, but best wishes for a wonderful week for everyone!

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-13-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit,
congrats on your : and WI. I love your response that you journal all the time. I know that helps me too.

Terri, glad you got in part of your Dragon boat races. Sounds like fun and for a good cause. Can't beat that! I love that you're not drinking your calories anymore. Weigh to go!

Princess, I'm sending : that your water leak is fixed cheaply and well. Ugh. Hey, today is a new day and one to make great choices. You must have been happy about the good weather and working in the garden.
I didn't see Hangover I or II.

I did see X-Men this weekend. Of course it was because of our grandson. Thought it was too horrifying for him, but I liked most of it. Only had two handsful of popcorn, so not too bad. The next day my daughter and grandson came out again and we ended up at Chili's. I had 1/2 of a SW BLT and about 5 fries. Not bad. Checked the points plus when I got home and that was probably around 8-10. I find most of the casual dining places are horrendous as far as points plus. Even eating 1/2portion doesn't really come in at a good amt. of calories.

Had a great weekend. Saw a play based on Gershwin's tunes called S'Wonderful. It was fun----lighthearted, lots of singing and dancing and I liked that. Sat. we saw the movie, and Sunday we got a chance to spend time with our grandson and daughter again. I love having them around. Right now I've got a cole slaw made up in the fridge that will help me if I'm really hungry and need to broaden out a meal. Okay---gotta run. I'm hoping to stay the same or drop some ounces this week at WW's.
Judy
234.6/196/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #48  

Sorry I have kind of been lurking. I am reading posts and trying to get some encouragement to keep trying. I lost some of the water weight from my trip but i am still up a bit. I will not give up but i will keep trying. My biggest obstacle is eating at night before bed after the kids have gone to sleep and it is never anything healthy. It is like and addiction and it is my routine. Routine is really important to me with my depression and anxiety. I want to try to change my routine but it is hard.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #49  
Chick

Hi Cherry, glad you're lurking. BAby steps will get you where you want to be. Hey, at night when you want to snack, how about trying to drink a glass of water first? I can't do it all the time yet, but I'm working on building that into a routine so I stop my silly night time snacking.
Gotta run-----just happy to see Cherry here as well as all our Turtles.
Judy
234.6/196/280's and thinner
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Turtles

Cherry glad you are lurking about!!! what if you painted your nails, read a book, posted on this forum, find something to do so you won't munch, pick an activity that will keep you busy, and don't have the bad stuff in the house, if you must have a treat go out to the store to buy it, don't have it readily available. Break the routine!!!! You can do it mind over matter!!!

I had a good Monday, went for a 30 min walk before the rain started!!! When is summer officially arriving? Friday night is our sevice awards at work the docs are talking us to the country club for a party, it is pretty fancy but they just want everyone to go, so formal is optional, a lot of the girls are wearing long dresses, i bought an outfit before the actual invite came out it is nice, something I wouldn't normally wear so I am excited about it. Going to get an updo and get all prettied up!!!

Hope you all have a great day lets think thin!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all... rain is supposed to arrive again tonight and stay for a long time again. At least the heat is not so bad, we have been in the 70's the last couple of days instead of the 90's.

Yesterday was ok, could have done better but it was not terrible, my lunch, breakfast and snacks are packed and in my lunch bag so I am prepared for my work day. Like most of you it is when I get home that the trouble begins so maybe I will take Terri's advise to Cherry... I will keep busy!

Fathers day is coming so I am trying to get my plans in place for that - rain or shine I need to have it figured out for both so that I am prepared.

Terri: Sounds like you are getting back into the groove of things... that is a wonderful thing! Your party sure sounds fun... getting dressed up with an updo means it is a big night! I sure hope you enjoy yourself and I just know you will look fabulous!

Judy: Things are chugging along here, not much is new really just trying to get back on track, I seem to fall off the horse so easy these days... ugh. Sounds like you are keeping busy with family and activities... do you have a special day planned this Sunday?

Bandit: How are you doing? How is your knee doing? I am reading a book right now called The Friday Night Knitting Club - it is very good and I think there is a part II and III also. I am starting to order them up from the public library again instead of purchasing on my Nook. I was told that they have budget to keep me here until the end of September then they have to release me so we are preparing money wise now - so it is back to the library for me which I don't mind at all really.

Cherry: Hobbies are a wonderful thing after the kids go to bed - knitting, crafts, cleaning out closets, doing your nails like Terri suggested, working on a menu for the next day, cutting up and bagging veggies, writing in a journal, lots of stuff for us to do to keep busy! Let me know if you find something that works for you - maybe it will work for me too LOL!

Life: How are you doing? I'll bet you are busy right now but pop in when you can!

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #52  
Chick

Terri, your awards night sounds like fun. Really enjoy it and the new dress!

Cherry, yeah, when I get nudgy and want food (and am trying really hard) I sit down at the computer and play cards----free cell or hearts and soon I forget I was "hungry" because I wasn't hungry, I was bored. Terri has lots of good ideas----I do well when I crochet.

Princess, so glad they've got you on payroll until September. That's a big relief. Also super glad you've got your day's foods packed up and ready to go. Hey.....what about this? Also clear a spot in your fridge for tonight's snacks----diet jello, piece of fruit, etc. And that's what you can have. If you don't want that, you're not hungry. I talk big and wish I could do that, but in the past I've made a big salad to nosh on-----if I didn't want salad it was some craving pulling at me. Every time I didn't give in, I'd be proud of myself and after doing that for a week, I'd see a : Just another form of discipline to get us what we want the most.

Bandit, did you have a nice weekend?

Life, busy with school and work? Here's a

All goes well here. Eaten out an amazing amount of times this week. The scale seems okay, but I WI tomorrow, so we'll see. Had a good discussion with a couple of my WW friends online about how the points + are crazy at places like Chili's, Friendly's, etc. I can do fine at a diner, but these casual food places are insanely fattening. What I noticed is in place of fries they will often let you have a salad instead or even broccoli. Yeah, I'd rather have the fries, but I've got to get real here to lose real weight.

Gotta run. Will start a new thread. See you all at #257 Bale of Turtles Facing the Summer!