Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Jan. 6

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Kelly, yay, another half pound gone forever! And during the holidays, no less! You did great. Remember that on this plan, a half pound is a real loss, not just water weight like on so many other plans.

Tonya, great to "see" ya again! Glad you had such a lovely holiday, and kudos to you on losing a pound! (I heard somewhere that most people gain 4-8 pounds over the holidays, and here you are losing; that is a real achievement.) How did you manage to do it?

I struggled to maintain over the holidays, watching the scale go up and down until this morning, when it was just where it was at my December weigh in. Which is ok, but not great, as I still want to reach my personal goal. I'm going to set a short-term goal of fitting into this great suit (that I bought a bit too small, last fall) when I have to speak at this technology conference in early February. That will give me something to shoot for! (Though I'd hoped to be wearing it by now.)

Gotta get to work! Hope everyone has a great week.

Jan
Old 01-07-2003, 01:47 PM   #2  

Hey Janet!

I was just thinking and I should be very proud of myself for not gaining and loosing a pound over the holidays. I just journaled everything that I ate. There were a couple of days I went way over my points, but I still wrote it down. I think that kept me from going into the 50 point area.

I have such a long way to go. This week has been fairly okay. I have been much hungrier this week for some reason. I am now working out six days a week for 55 minutes. I know that exercise makes you hungry and when I am done I am starving!!!! I hope I have a loss on Thursday. Today I had chicken fajitas for lunch and refried beans. I feel stuffed but I didn't go over my points! That only leaves me three points for dinner, but I dont eat a big dinner anyway. Usually it is just soup and a salad.

Take Care
Tonya
244/227/150
Old 01-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #3  

Hi Tonya! You know, what you said about journalling really makes me think. I keep hearing that journaling is THE main factor in losing successfully, and I know that I do better when I write it all down. Your success is motivating me to keep my journal more faithfully! Thanks! And re: a long way to go, try to think of it in terms of one day or one week at the most. You will be shocked at how soon they fly by, and suddenly there you are, thinner, thinner, and then ... ta da! ... at goal! You are making wonderful progress; keep going! And remember to drink plenty of water before, during and after all that exercise. (Wow, 55 minutes, you go girl!)

Hi to Janet, Texaslady, Linda, Carol, Lilithu, Kelly, Nascar Girl, Loon and Sherriann! Hope you're having a great week!

<<<<Hugs>>>> to JOYce, we miss you and look forward to seeing you again.
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-09-2003, 03:14 PM   #4  

Wow, I just got over the stomach flu! It almost killed me. Anyway my jeans are loose even though I haven't started counting my points again. So....I am going to start tomorrow now. Janet! You have done fantastic losing all that weight! I am at about what you were when you started and I can't imagine being where you are now, but it would be so GREAT! congrats! Hi to everyone here, I know I haven't said much since I joined but I got the flu right after Still kickin for now, sherriann
Old 01-09-2003, 06:07 PM   #5  

Hi Sherriann! Way to go on the loose jeans! Doing the happy dance for ya' ... And thanks for the congrats! I am still getting used to being size 10; it really does feel great, though my DH says I buy entirely too many clothes now. (He's ok with it, though; I shop at outlets!) I know that you will get here too!

I probably won't be posting again until Sat. night, as DH and I are heading to Corpus Christi in the morning for a funeral. A very distant relative (that we'd met only a few times) was in a car accident, and DH is one of the pallbearers. We're going to stay overnight Friday in CC for a little break, and probably go to WW Sat. morning down there.

See you later!
Regards,
Jan

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-09-2003, 06:47 PM   #6  

Default Hi...

Hi girls...I'm just checking in. Today is the day that Tim (DD's boyfriend) left for Basic Training. We got to see him at the motel last night until 10, and then we got to see him off at the Military Entrance Processing Station this morning. It was so sad to see him walk down that hallway, but we were so proud of him. He's already called his mom and he had been made the group leader, so I'm sure that made him feel good. He's in charge of all the "important" papers. I also got tickled because Tim told us that he was two pounds overweight. Y'all have never seen Tim, but I can assure you that he is not overweight. I don't remember what they said his body fat content was, but it was under 20. He has really been lifting weights and trying to bulk up, so it must be all that muscle that has added the pounds. All I can say is that it's a good thing it's not me joining the Reserves! It's going to be a long 22 weeks, especially since he and DD have talked or seen each other every day for the last four years, but everything will be okay.

I've been doing okay with my eating, but not great. For all those of you who are new here, I can tell you that you will find a lot of inspiration from these ladies. Of course, if I have many more nights like last night I can't promise what I'll do as far as eating. On top of it being the night before Tim left, we had our first night of teaching children's choir. I was so excited that we were assigned the younger three year olds...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! I was remembering them being these sweet, quiet, precious angels...how could I forget that my own went into the terrible two's at about 18 months and stayed there until four...even though mine wasn't ever really bad. The children were really precious, and we had a good time.

I better get ready to leave. We are supposed to have snow flurries Saturday night and everybody is sooooooooo excited. I know it must be hilarious to people from the north who are used to having snow to hear us get excited about "flurries."

Nascar Girl, I hadn't realized that you were in Georgia. It's great to have another suth'n girl here. We have collards here on New Year's too, but if it's between collards and cabbage, I have to take the lessor of two evils. When I first started posting here, I taught all these wonderful ladies about boiled peanuts.

I also want to welcome Loon and Sherriann. It's so exciting to have so many new faces!! Sherriann, I'm glad you are over the stomach flu!

JOYce, you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!![/b]

Jan, I'm so sorry about your relative being killed in the car accident. Have a safe trip!!

Well, it's off to face all the traffic. Y'all have a great weekend, and I will post again soon. I am going to try to start back at water aerobics next week so I'll let you know how that goes.

Janet (Kudzu)

P. S. Jan, how is your brother-in-law doing?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:01 PM   #7  

Hi Janet! Wow, you sure have been busy! With all you have going on, I think being "okay" on program rather than "great" is actually a huge accomplishment. I know you must be proud of Tim for already becoming a leader among his peers; I'm sure your DD is, too! Is he doing basic training in Georgia, Texas, or somewhere else? Re: my db-i-l, he is doing just fine. We got in a brief visit when we went to FL to pick up Dad, and he was in great spirits and looked very strong, though he's fighting a cold or allergy right now.

DH and I are in Corpus Christi tonight, taking a little sanity break. We walked 3 miles along the seawall this afternoon, had boiled shrimp for dinner, and will go out dancing later (reggae, I think) if we are still awake! We're going to WW tomorrow, so I hope I make it under my limit. (I was a pound under it this morning, but I won't get to weigh before mtg tomorrow!) We've both been very good this week, but the scale doesn't seem to reflect it. Guess we'll just keep on working on it!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Hi to Tonya, Texaslady, Linda, Carol, Lilithu, Kelly, Nascar Girl, Loon and Sherriann!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! Well I joined Monday night! I bought myself the 10 week deal. So far it's not been too bad, I was extremely hungry the first 2 days and I think part of that is that I have a stomach bug; I haven't felt the greatest this week but, I have been journaling my foods so ......that's a plus! Just getting use to doing this seems to make me more aware. The weekend is here so we will see how things go... one day at a time that's what I keep telling myself, ya didn't put it on over night and it's not gonna come off over night.

Hope all of you have a great wekend will try to check in tomorrow!

Old 01-11-2003, 09:18 PM   #9  

Way to go, Nascar Girl! I'm sorry you have a stomach bug; that seems to be going around right now. And I agree, awareness is the key, and journaling. (In fact, I read somewhere that WW did a study and the MOST important factor in successful loss was journaling!) Hope you have a great weekend!

Dh and I just got back from Corpus Christi. We went to a WW mtg there, and I did my January checkin. I am so on cloud 9: lost 4.6 pounds since my December checkin!! On my way to personal goal ... finally!

Hi to everyone; hope your weekend is great!

Regards,
Jan
Old 01-11-2003, 09:34 PM   #10  
Inchworm

Weigh to go Jan!!
You continue to be an inspiration to all of us.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:24 PM   #11  

Default Hello everyone!

Having a great weekend, I hope everyone else is too! I even did good at a buffet today. So....If I can , anyone can, haha
Old 01-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #12  

Hi JOYce! So good to see you again! And thanks for the compliment, but it's really all of y'all who are an inspiration and a constant support, throughout this journey. <<<hugs>>>

Hi Sherriann! Way to go at the buffet! Those are SO difficult, and here you came out with flying colors!

Having a quiet Sunday. It's cold and rainy here, so we're staying inside, but I'm gonna hit the treadmill in a few minutes while watching the PBS special on Islam. Dh and I are going to a friends' house tonight for dinner, and they will probably fix fried fish or something very high pt., so we had a light breakfast and lunch. I'm bringing dessert, a lite apple pie; will post the recipe if it turns out to be any good! Hope everyone's having a great Sunday!
Regards,
Jan
Old 01-12-2003, 11:59 PM   #13  

Hope you had a nice time with your friends Jan! I need to keep your signature in mind when I am feeling resentful towards my ex and his new wife. Living well really would be a great revenge, lol!
Closed Thread