Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Princess - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss, that is great. Good for you!

Well with missing my weigh in for 2 weeks and being on track last week, I must have done lots of damage week before, because I was up 2# THurs evening at the scales which I was not expecting. Didn't do well again over this past weekend, so have to really refocus myself this week.

All - for those of you who lost congrats & for those of us that gained, good
luck this week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon chickies!
Well had egg beaters and veggie sausage for breakfast, grapes for snack, lunch two corn tortilla fill with a little spanish rice, homemade enchilida sauce, chicken and onion and a pinch of parm cheese...dinner I know this is going to be not good homemade ravolli
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone, happy Tuesday and happy Spring to you all. Seriously busy right now at work with no end in sight so I will stop by when I can and may change my posting time to the evening or very early in the morning when I first get up although it is getting harder to get up on time lately.

Judy: Oh yeah, the time change was just plain hard on me this time around, still feel like I am in a cloud LOL.

Bandit: I'll bet you have a big drop at the scales this week... I'm sorry you had to see a higher number though!

Life: Keep at it and it will get better.

Nancy: I am the same way when I am on those med's - I can gain way over 10 lbs just from one packet - you will be off of them soon though!

Terri: Routine! That is what keeps me going, without it I sink like a rock!

Have to run!

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-22-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Itryharder you are right. I didn't think about that part about no longer needing to loose a hundred pounds.

My eating has been horrible. I need to start planning my meals again. I think I am going to spend tomorrow evening cooking meals. I am going to try to cook something everyone will eat. So the plan is gym, work, errands and a nap. The pollen is kicking my butt already. Hmm not much going on here. I am going to try to go before work since i know the gym will be just about empty.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Hump Day!

Still Tired! At work for 10 hours yesterday! Very busy, home long enough to grab my Y bag and head to deep water aquafit. Sore shoulder today.
Weigh in tonight I really have no idea where I am at. I will weigh myself at work our scale there is very close to WW scale.

Life- I have been sneezing up a storm and rubbing my eyes! yeah spring!
It is hard to cook for a bunch, I am lucking there are only 3 in our house and my husband will eat anything! Son can be a bit picky I just tell him to make chicken and fries & veggies if he doesnt like what we are having. He has been pretty good lately to try new things.

Everyone- Keep on movin and think light happy thoughts! Lets think baby steps, small changes! Remember we can do this!!!! Slow and steady wins the race!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #21  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... just a quick fly by to say hello and see how everyone is doing.

Nothing much new here really except I am dealing with another round of Momma Drama here with my elderly mother - it has become very sad and hurtful and I am trying to find a way to deal with it other than food... being at work seems to helps, it keeps me busy and occupies my mind.

Good luck to everyone this week & drink your water!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Yep it is hump day alright....ate that huge hump of leftover enchalidas. I am glad they were corn tortilla and less than 1/2 of rice for all of it. so the points were there but not to bad. The test will be tonight

Everyone..take deep breaths and think calm

hmm that did not work for me...shoot. we at least I do not have access to chocolate right now
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #23  

Hope everyone had a good day. So I didn't make it to the gym. Contacts thanks to the pollen. I did manage to get my errands done and cook something. My eating could have been better. I finally managed to actually eat breakfast. I had an early dinner for lunch since I had to get home and cook. So we shall see what my body does with that.I am debating about trying the WW Banana pudding recipe. Just too lazy too cook it right now.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, today I had a good WI. I lost 3.2# this week. Before you all start hip hip hooraying, remember that I gained 4.6# last week. Hey, it's a start in the right direction, puts me in the low 190's instead of the mid 190's and I've got a good attitude.

Had my WW lunch here at my house today. So nice---six of us showed up even though we're right back to miserable weather. These girls are really nice and helpful. Everyone brought a dish and it was great.

Princess, sorry you're facing Momma Drama. I remember when your folks moved closer to you. I'm sending : for peace and quiet.

Bandit, you should be facing a : very soon. You're on the right track and have had lots of chaos in your life over the last three weeks or so.

Life4evr, you said it. Planning helps!

Terri,
Again, we can do this is that constant reminder to keep us on track. After all, we're the Turtles and we know that if we keep on keepin' on, we will arrive at our goal! to us all.

Nancy, yeah----calm is what we can all use right about now. Thanks for the reminder.
(I used the swim icon since a beach is calming to me----when I meditate, I think of a peaceful beach)

Gotta run----I only have two points plus for the rest of the day and it's not quite six o'clock. If I have a salad and string cheese for dinner and an apple for a snack, I can make it! Also, I am stuffed because many of my points plus went on a second helping of the casseroles once my guests left.
Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/191.6/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #25  

Congrats on the lost Itryharder. I made the banana pudding it was pretty good.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Here is Thursday!

Gals I can't believe it I lost 2.5 lbs this week, I was pretty good, did my exercise, tracked most of what I ate, so yeah me!

Princess I know all about the Momma Drama! I have to learn to keep my mouth shut when mine starts! Sending you lots of peaceful calming vibes!

Judy you are getting back on track! Great for you, we just have to keep at it and not give up! Your lunch sounds like a lot of fun, I keep thinking I need to expand my group of friends just no time!

Life hope those allergies start improving what kind of med have you tried? There is a lot of good stuff on the market now especially in th US.

Bandit did you get the snow yesterday we got nothing here but past Toronto sure was a mess!

Nancy I am thinking calm, peaceful! It is the only thing helping with my sanity to get throught his week!!! It is going on for ever.

All Have a wonderful Thursday the sun is starting to shine here so that will sure help!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #27  

Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is so close I can smell it! And not a minute too soon I might add... LOL - Ugh what a week! My TOM showed up AGAIN - seriously! I mean just how many times can you get your period in one stinking month!?!?! Oh well, it is what it is so I will roll with it but if it keeps up will have to call the doctor I suppose.

TOPS mtg and W/I tonight - since we only did W/I last week and I did not lead the lesson I guess I will be doing that tonight, will be glad to do it and get it over with.

The momma drama is not going to end I fear, from what I have been reading it is common with elderly people such as my mother - it is a mess but she does live three hours north of me so I get a bit of a break from it while my sister in law deals with it most of the time but the distance does not stop her from causing a lot of trouble for me and telling my children very cruel things with lots of lies and cries for sympathy thrown in for good measure, she would be so ashamed of the way she was acting if it was 5 years ago before all of her health problems started and the truly sad part is that she has turned into everything that she never wanted to be like...

Ok - venting is over with.

Judy: That was my MIL that moved here to Indy a while back... lots of MIL Drama too - LOL - never ends! Congrats on the loss, you are getting back on track!

Bandit: Good luck tonight!

Terri: I sure try and keep my mouth shut but that has made her even angrier so now she just makes stuff up that I supposedly said... thanks for the vibes! congrats on the loss!

Life: I will have to try that recipe... I keep forgetting about it but DH loves banana pudding.

Nancy: Good luck at W/I

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-24-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy/Terri - congrats on your weight losses this week, thats what we like to see, so keep up the good work!

Terri - yes, the drive home last night wasn't great and today on way in
I seen 4 cars in the ditch, which makes me nervous when I see that. But
got in OK & hopefully that is the end of it for this year.

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in. Mine is tonight as well & hoping
for abit of a loss this week. I wasn't good over past weekend but have been
since Monday & that is why I keep gaining/losing the same weight over & over. Too bad about your mom - just try to deal with it the best you can.
My mom still has good health but with her whatever I tell her she repeats
to everyone no matter what it is or even if I asked her not to mention things.
So, lately I haven't told her any personal stuff that I don't want everyone to know & I feel that shouldn't be the way. You should be able to tell your
mother anything so I am trying to better with things when it comes to my
own daughter. Anway, just something else to drive us crazy.

Has anyone made anything different & yummy lately?

All - have a great Thursday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Life4evr, thanks for the congrats! It feels good to do the right thing and get back on track.

Terri, weigh to go on your great weight loss!
So glad you pulled everything together and had such a nice loss this week.
NY had snow yesterday. You know, this isn't funny any more----and it's so chilly out we may be looking at this for more than a day or two. Ugh.

Princess, I got mixed up with your mil moving near you and your mom being three hours away. I'm sorry your mother is doing these things and making up lies. It's got to be extremely stressful. Sending : to help you cope.

Hey, I've got a new recipe that you all might like. One of the gals brought it yesterday for the luncheon. Here it is:

Turkey Eggplant Casserole

1 1/4# ground turkey (she used very lean white meat turkey)
1 large chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large eggplant, cubed (She used 1# chopped mushrooms instead)
1 (28oz.) can crushed tomatoes
3/4cup breadcrumbs (she suggested substituting oatmeal or shredded wheat)
1t. dried basil
1/4c grated cheese (can use shredded ff mozarella)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9x13" pan with Pam
Saute turkey, onion, and garlic (about 5-6min)
Add eggplant, tomatoes and breadcrumbs and basil
bring to a simmer
stir as needed
transfer mixture to baking dish
bake covered until veggies are tender (about 45min)
Uncover, sprinkle with cheese
Bake until brown
Let stand 5 min. before serving

Number of servings: (4 This is a huge portion for 4points plus*******
I suggest that this would be 8 servings for only 2 points plus.
Those points are so low, I'm going to run the ingredients through my recipe builder to double check. ) GOOD THING I DOUBLE CHECKED!!!!!! I ran it through the recipe builder and got 5 points plus for 8 servings. This makes sense to me. It is tasty, and with a big salad, it could be a very nice dinner. It is so easy to make a mistake----something about this told me the original points were too good to be true-----and they were.

That's all for now!
Judy
234.6/191.6/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 03-24-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: mistake with the original points plus for the recipe!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Bandit, you and I posted at the same time. Good luck with your WI tonight and good luck to Princess too.

I feel sorry about your relationship with your mom. I think these warnings from you and Princess help me with my relationships with my children. I would never want to be a burden to them------and that includes being an emotional burdern. Thanks for your insight.

By the way, I just posted a recipe I think you'll like if you liked the unstuffed cabbage recipe.
Judy