3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #247 Bale of Turtles Facing the Snow with Points Plus! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/222240-247-bale-turtles-facing-snow-points-plus.html)

Itryharder 01-20-2011 08:40 AM

Terri, :goodscale: What a wonderful weight loss! Weigh to go. :bravo: :dancer: :carrot: Good for you! Keep up the good work.

Loopy, I must say I love your cheerful photo. Adorable! How wonderful to know someone we'd all call "elderly" and yet she's still as sharp as a tack. Maybe she'll give us longevity tips. Hey, :goodvibes: about the points plus framework. It'll all fall into place for you soon. One thing I realized is that I often eat the same foods. Those I memorize. After that the different foods aren't that overwhelming to have to look up. You'll be fine and I love your optimistic attitude. We can do this! :balloons:

Yesterday was an OP day for me and it felt good.

Here's to less snow for everybody and a sunny day! Keep on keepin' on.

Judy 234.6/192/170's and thinner :cool:

peanutt 01-20-2011 09:01 AM

Loopy: When I was starting out on WW, I went around my kitchen and wrote point values right on boxes or jars in my kitchen. I also made a quick list that I posted on the side of the fridge for things like meat, fruit (when it still had points), dairy, etc. For the things that you use regularly, you'll have those points memorized in no time!

Terri: WTG!! Great first week! Keep on doing what you're doing!

I'm so thrilled - the weather has finally let up and is no longer trying to kill me!! :carrot: Tuesday was the first day this month we didn't get snow and the cold snap finally broke and the temps may even get ABOVE FREEZING in the next couple of days! From -30C to +2C in a matter of a few days. :dizzy: The end to the cabin fever is in sight!

AuntLoopy 01-20-2011 04:10 PM

Hi all! Peanutt, that's exactly what my 100-year-old nutritionist told me to do. In fact, I took the Sharpie to the store so that I wouldn't have to do the calculation twice. It was fairly easy to do some pre-snow shopping today, though I am a bit disappointed at the selection at my local supermarket. I always thought that it had a fairly comprehensive inventory, but it's missing whole brands of healthier stuff. (Went to the WW center this afternoon, and was pointed toward two other local stores which are more weight-loss-friendly.)

Decided to try one of the meal salads from Wendy's as a takeout. I found out that removing one item that isn't nutritious and which I don't like that much anyway, it takes the points down by 50%. Boggling! I did the math several ways to be absolutely sure, but I got a protein-filled humongous salad for only 9 points.

I also made the trip back home to "Dutch Country" for vegetables and fruit. There's no way that I'm paying retail prices for the plastic stuff that they sell at the supermarket. I really got reconnected with the fresh foods that I ate while growing up, and the best of the "exotic" fruits and vegetables -- at wholesale, and hand-selected for me by the cousins behind the counter.

So anyway, this seems so do-able now. I'm beginning to see how it all holds together. Protein to carb ratios, fat to fiber... it's beginning to click.

The WW snacks are downright nasty, IMHO. So I said fooey, I'll pay the extra point and go with Nutrigrain. It's really nice to have a set of standards by which to compare similar items.

On the other hand, smoothie mix and a banana make Lactaid milk tolerable, much to my surprise and delight.

Anyways, I'm feeling a bit luxurious, eating all this fresh fruit in the wintertime. And enjoying the feeling of accomplishment in figuring out the Points value of food in the store using the calculator, and understanding that I can make two full-size ham and cheese sandwiches for the same points as one small fast-food burger.

So all in all, I'm a happy camper today. Tired (hadn't planned on doing ALL the shopping today until I heard the latest weather report), but happy.

terrod99 01-21-2011 07:12 AM

I purchased the Weight watcherss points calcutalor and keep it handy. I"m finding I check the points and then decide, I really haven't eaten any thing other than pizza that was over 7 points. I look at it and think no way I could eat a whole bunch of things instead of whatever the higher point food was.

Peanutt your cold weather is headed our way we are in for a cold weekend, high -18 Sun. Enjoy the warmth.
Everyone have a great weekend I'm looking forward to just not having to go to work for 2 days after today!. Stressful week at work.

Terri

Itryharder 01-21-2011 09:23 AM

Hi Turtles,
Well, this is quite a winter. We've had our third snowfall in as many weeks. This one doesn't look too bad. It's freezing out and sunny. It looks like about another 6" of snow. Brrr.

This should be a good weekend for me. We're hosting another murder mystery party. The setting is a "wedding" and we've got the house decorated with lots of Dollar Store white decorations. It looks really good. The guests all know who they'll be. Someone will be "murdered" by one of the guests. We have to put together clues to decide who the murderer is, and at the end my dh will read the solution page. We've done this several times now. My dh pointed out a photo where I was so much heavier and I look a lot better now. Had another good day yesterday, but the scale isn't budging. Today will be a good day and I'll boost the protein to see if that helps.

Good luck to all of us! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Loopy, you're sailing through this and learning everything so fast. Keep up with your tips. They're really helpful.

Terri, enjoy your weekend. I love that you're checking points before you eat them. That should work bigtime.

Okay everybody, stay as warm as possible and have a good eating weekend!
Judy
234.6/192/170's and thinner :cool:

CherryAutumn 01-21-2011 10:04 AM

Sorry that I have been missing in action.:o I feel like my health is deteriorating and i am only 27 years old. My DH and I did get a Recumberant bike and are trying to step up the activity. Not sure if it will help any but it must be better than nothing.

Loopy and Terri - Welcome! Nice to meet you. I am 27 and have been married for 7 years now. I have three small children. They are 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and 1 1/2. They keep me busy and tire me out and they are a big part of why i need to lose this weight.

Hello to all the other turtles!:wave:

bandit2 01-21-2011 11:51 AM

Hi everyone

Nice to see everyone doing well with the new WW plan. I am still basically
sticking with the older version for now & doing OK when I work the programme. I was down 2.25# at my weigh in last night, so was happy with that.

Judy - I noticed you & I are exactly the same weight right now.

Starting another group of sessions for hot yoga tomorrow and 2 more of my gf are coming for first time, so looking foward to that.

We have lots of snow and more coming today. I will shovel later but basically have an indoor day & do so pre-cooking for the next few days.

All - have a great day!

Itryharder 01-21-2011 12:40 PM

Hi Cherry, glad to see you posting again. You can do this! :exercise: and good food :chef: will get you where you want to be. :grouphug:

Hey Bandit, this is so cool that we are exactly the same weight. I know you and I both want to weigh less. :bravo: and :goodscale: :balloons: you did great this week at your WI. Weigh to go! When I hear you say you're going to a hot yoga class, I just sigh. For some reason I can't kick my exercise mode into gear. Well, I promise, no matter what else I have to do, I will get on my :tread: for 20 minutes.

Let's do this! Everybody!

Life4evr, Alliez, Tessa, Princess, and anybody else out there-----let's make this a healthier, happier year.
Love,
Judy

AuntLoopy 01-21-2011 01:40 PM

Hi all! Sitting here at home after the snow DIDN'T come! I'm taking some time to pre-cook stuff too. Mostly for the DH, who wants no part of this Weight Watchers thing. Having said this, he'll be eating better in spite of himself, b/c I've had the calculator out all day, making small substitutions and generally making the healthier choices as I found them.

Big Handsome Dutchie DH: I want to do things MY way.

Wifey: Which is why the doctor has to get a special attachment from his top desk drawer so he can weigh you on the office scale. *sigh*

Anyways, I'm sitting here being boggled by the whole two-ham-sandwiches thing. Lunch was an insane amount of food for 13 points.

One disappointment on shopping day: I've always used Propel for my drinking water. Till now, it was very lightly sweetened with sugar (10 calories per bottle). I don't like the taste of high-fructose corn syrup, so this was a real plus for me. Now they've replaced it with Splenda, and it is way too sweet. But I'll persevere, since I need the electrolytes for the whole lupus thing.

Anyways, it's all good, and I remain very hopeful that WW will be a big factor in improving my health (and perhaps taking off a pound or two).

AuntLoopy 01-21-2011 01:41 PM

Oh and one more thing: I noticed just now that the warning against putting your e-mail in a post states that one might receive "unmentionables". I don't know what that means in the rest of the world, but here in Dutch Country it's ladies' underwear.

Itryharder 01-21-2011 02:12 PM

Quick post from Judy
Bandit, thank you. I got on my :tread: and did my 1/2hour. :bravo: for me.

Also Loopy, I just had an absolutely delicious sandich thanks to you. I took 1 piece of bread, 3 eggwhites, 1 slice ff cheese, and 2oz. Boar's Head ham for (I figure) 5points and I'm so satisfied. Good reminder of a yummy sandwich and all items I had in the house.

Okay----I'm on a roll. Let's all do this!
Judy
234.6/192/170's and thinner :cool:

life4evr 01-22-2011 12:18 PM

Just running throug the thread before work hope everyone is well. My eathing has been horrible. My grandmother has had a minor setback but she is on the mends now. Anyway have a good day.

FetchLizzie 01-22-2011 04:11 PM

Hey Turtles - having great visit with my Mom! I made it to a Zumba class - much different than the one I usually attend, but still fun. Didn't make it to the weighing - only one meeting nearby each week & couldn't get there.

Havn't been really good with my eating - will get back on program when I go home!

Hope you are all well!

Lizzie

life4evr 01-22-2011 10:38 PM

So I am winding down from my day. My eating has been pretty good today. I am laying low with the salt. I had a splurge on some cookies but I had the points for it. Question I have a serious sweet tooth. I am thinking I need to budget in my daily points for a sweet snack. Because usually that is what does me in. Trying to decide though. Hope everyone has a good night.

bandit2 01-23-2011 10:34 AM

Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job on getting in your exercise, keep up the good work.

Loopy - hope you had a good weekend with your menus and keeping dh
under control with his.

Life - hope your grandma is OK. Always stressful when relatives are not well.
I know sometimes I get sweet cravings as well but my main downfall is chips/crackers (carby things) but I do have some chocolate protein bars on hand for emergencies.

Princess - hope everything is great with you. Must be exciting about becoming grandma - chime in when you can.

All - it is soooooooooo cold. This is suppose to be coldest weekend so far this winter. On the positive side it is very sunny and looks gorgeous from inside. I went to movies last night & of course had to have some popcorn,
so will count it & move on & get focussed for the upcoming week.
My hot yoga was great, a real workout of 90 min which sounds crazy,
but time does go by fast. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

Good luck everyone this week & lets all see the scales go down!