Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

I made it to Aqua Fit last night, the water was soooo cold! I mean really?!?!?! would it kill them to turn the heat up just a bit?!?!? Ugh... no matter what move she called out I just kept jogging really fast, it was the only way I could stay in the water for a solid hour... LOL. The instructor just kind of looked at me funny when it came to the "cool down" part because I just kept jogging like there was no tomorrow... no flippin way was I going to "cool down" I was already a freeze pop just bobbing around! Oh well, I made it through! I may have to rearrange my schedule though and only do that once a week and the cycling/spinning twice a week, I just can not handle the cold like that.

Tonight I am meeting my boss and another co-worker for a "Team-Meeting" at a resturant down in a trendy section of the city for dinner... it should be fun. We are the only women on our team so we will do the girlie thing tonight and then go out with the whole team for lunch or something at a later date. I am a bit worried about eating out twice in between W/I's but I am sure that it will all work out, I will just try and make the best choice possible.

Judy: So glad to hear that your luau went well! I'll bet you worked your tail off making sure that everyone had a great time... I hope that you get some down time now to relax.

Bandit: Wow you are super busy lately! That is fantastic though! Have a great time on your dinner cruise, I would love to hear all about it when you get a chance.

Life4evr: Exercising is tough! My best suggestion is find something that you love to do, or at least like a lot, and start there... what ever it is - just find one thing that you can make time for and that you don't dread doing and work at that. There are some DVD's from Leslie Samson (sp?) called "Walk away the pounds" It is a great way to fit walking in at home on your own schedule and the time goes by really fast on those... just a thought.

Kim: I am sure that you will get back on track before you know it! Have you started back to school yet?

Tessa: How are you doing? It is hard coming back from vacation and getting back into the swing of things... Glad to hear the bunnies behaved while you were gone

Cherry: What is new with you?

I have to run but have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-18-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I meant to mention that I ordered Jeneen Roth's book, Women, Food, and God and I've started reading it. Princess, how do you like it so far?
Has anyone else read it? It's starting out a little odd, and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #18  

Judy: I have started reading it but am only a few pages in because I have a book that I need to finish and get back to the library ASAP... I hope to get more into it once I get the other book completed. I agree though, it does start out kind of odd...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #19  

Sorry i didn't get to post lately. Welcome Life4ever to the group. It is good to see everyone posting. Official weigh in on Wed. was 239.8 so i was down 1.6 this week. Right now i just keep yo-yoing between the same weights. At least i am on the lower end right now. The stress has kind of sky rocketed this week. My father in-law had to have a triple by-pass and it is genetic. It is very scary. I also have heart disease on both sides of my family. With three small children we have got to get our acts together. Sorry for the vent.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Cherry, Venting is what it's all about. I know for me, if I vent, then I don't eat or stuff those bad feelings and frights into me with food. I am so happy you've lost weight this week. :

I've got a challenging evening coming up----out to dinner once again. We are taking a df out for her birthday. I'm planning on eating something filling here, getting on the before I go, and watching the points carefully. I've got 14 left and I should be able to get something good with those points.

I am gearing up to knock off some of this fluff weight from my ds's visit and I know I can do it. : and to us all.
Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor Day
Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #21  

Oh my word! I have been trying to get on here all day! Not sure what is going on or even if this will actually post... LOL.

Wednesday, right after I posted here last, I started to feel really cruddy, by lunch time Wednesday I had the full blown flu! DH had it last week, guess I caught it. Was out of work yesterday too but back today.

I will stop back tomorrow and see if they have this site up and running faster, will post more later.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #22  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Princess1122~ YIKES! I hope you're feeling better!!! School starts on the 26th, can't wait as it means a steady income, PLUS a schedule!

Itryharder~ How was your evening?

CherryAutumn~ Don't be sorry for venting, it sounds like you have good reason to be a lil stressed... Lots of

life4evr
~ How are you doing?

So... fly by... Been crazy busy as I have an INSANELY long day tomorrow! The group my mom sings with is singing the National Anthem for the Bo Sox game at Fenway tomorrow... and I'm GOING!!! I'm a lil psyched... if you're a New Englander, check out NESN as she'll be on there... and you might see me being a lil psycho excited somewhere in the stands!!! I'll check back in on Sunday! Have a great weekend!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #23  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Am I the only one that is having trouble getting on this site and also getting messages posted? I was not able to get on here at all when I was at work Friday, at least at home I am able to get on eventually. Oh well... maybe it is "user error" LOL.

So I never made it to W/I on Thursday due to not feeling well so i am not exactly sure where I am right now... and my TOM seems to be very off track, it is coming like every two weeks so that is not helping, not sure what is going on there, will track it and if it does not correct itself I will call my doctor I guess.

Kim: I sure understand what the whole "schedule" means to keeping us on track and moving forward... LOL, funny how that works! I hope that getting back into the swing of things goes really smoothly for you!

Cherry: So sorry that things are stressful for you right now... I do understand how that can impact you, I know it does me. Best wishes!

Bandit: How are you doing? How was the dinner cruise?

Judy: How are you doing? How was the evening out with df? It sounds like you planned well for it, good job!

Tessa: What is new with you? Are you getting back into post-vacation life? Ugh, never fun but it always comes to that

Thinking about heading to a spinning class, not sure I feel up to it so will just have to see.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-21-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, I had trouble getting online at www.3fatchicks.com too! Crazy.

Life4evr, good to have you with us. How are you doing? I've heard some gals like to pull a daily switch of exercise. For example, Monday Zumba,
Tuesday, walking, etc. You get it. I've downloaded freebies from my DVR and Netflix. I also bought a DVD at WW's for under $10. It's for beginners and I like the toning part. They've got at least 5 different routines and that would be a nice change-up. Good luck with anything you try. I usually have to fight my procrastination to start, but once exercising, I do okay.

Princess, had trouble with the site too. Not just you! TOM woes. It sounds like you are ready to head into menopause, but this can't be fun.
Sorry you got the flu, but glad you're feeling better. We're just now starting to get a few ripe tomatoes. It looks like we might get a nice crop this year.

KimL, $ and a routine because of school. All good things! Gosh, I've never known anyone who sang at a baseball game. This is a wonderful honor for your mom and her group. And what a thrill for you to be able to watch it! Have a wonderful time. Moments like these really uplift your life.

Cherry, here's a and to you. Yes, it's kind of tricky. When I was young, I wanted to be thinner because I wanted to look better. Now it's a matter of health, and quite frankly living longer in a fit way. I think it might help to be determined in what you want to do, do the baby steps, and take deep breaths when the stress threatens to get to you. You can do this and we're all with you!!!! :

Tessa, how are you doing? I'm looking forward to your next entry here!

Bandit, how are you? Holy moly, you have had a great summer! You know how to have fun!

My night out with dh and df for her birthday went very well. The menu changed at the pub we went to for dinner. Believe it or not, they had a roasted turkey sandwich on a club roll with French fries. I was able to substitute brocoli for the fries. All of a sudden, I used hardly any points. I remembered that unsweetened iced tea is a good substitute for Diet Coke, and I had a couple of bites of the birthday desserts the others ordered. Very proud of myself. Then Friday, which should have been easy, turned into a mess. My dept. store had a snafu with the payment we made, it turned into nonsense and craziness and my poor dh needed a buttered roll as a treat-----and I had one too. The rest of the day didn't go any better. Everywhere we turned, our luck went south----ugh! And because of the stress I overate. Good thing was we avoided ordering a pizza for the two of us. Kids are coming to today and I've got the food planned and it should work out okay. I'm rambling, so I'll say so long for now. Take it easy and do well. I'm still aiming for a good Labor Day result.

Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor Day!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. I am back. Not so good of a day for eating. But other than that I am doing okay. The first week of school is over for me thank goodness. Who knew being a full time student again could be so stressful.

Labor day weekend we have a family gathering not to mention a family gathering the week before so I am going to try not to overdue my eating on those days.

Last edited by life4evr; 08-21-2010 at 09:57 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #26  

Good afternoon Turtles... Just got back from the state fair, over all I did pretty good on my eating, I was not really very hungry though.

We had a horrible night here last night/early this morning... my old dog, her name was Cheena and she was a mixed breed dog that I had since she was 8 weeks old - she was going to turn 17 years old this October... well she went into convulsions last night at about 2:00 AM - we rushed her to a 24 hour animal hospital but there was little that could be done with a dog her age, they felt that something was causing her to have continuous strokes. Rather then watch her suffer we opted to have her put to sleep. She was my very best friend for over 16 years... She had a wonderful life and I feel blessed that she shared it with me.

I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

I will hop on tomorrow morning and see what is going on in the turtle world but for now I am going to sign off and take a nap.

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-22-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I'm so sorry about your dog. I am so happy that Cheena was able to be with you for so long and I'm sorry it couldn't have been longer.
You did the right thing, but this has to be sad. and

I'm sending : to us all.
Judy
234.6/?/170's by Labor DAy

Last edited by Itryharder; 08-23-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

I am looking at my class schedule and the schedule at my gym. Trying to plan everything. Which isn't so great for me i am not a big planner. But I seem to have caught a cold or something.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtle:

Princess - I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Cheena - hope you are getting through this. You take care of youself and get some rest.

Been busy up here and had great weekend overall. Boat cruise was really nice, had a hot buffet and I tried to make best choices - but I did have a glass of wine as well.

Hope you all have a great week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #30  

Good afternoon everyone! Ugh, it has taken me forever to get on this site again... I try at work but never seem to manage to actually get very far.

Food has been pretty good so far this week... I have some fish in the oven and will make some rice and a vegetable on the side for supper tonight. I am still fighting this cold/flu thing, I was feeling pretty good this morning but not so great this afternoon so I think I will pass on the gym and just get a good nights sleep.

Thanks so much for everyones well wishes on Cheena, she was a good old girl and I am sure she is in a much better place now.

Bandit: The cruise sounds wonderful! You are the busy gal these days... LOL, that is a great thing!

Judy: It sounds like the dinner with your friend went really well and you did great... the next day, well, we all have those! Don't beat yourself up about it... I am sure that you did not do any damage and will back on track by now!

Kim: Colds are going around, me and my family have one right now and lots of people at work are coughing! Ugh, feel better soon!