3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #234--Bale of Turtles Taking Things in our Stride! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/206935-234-bale-turtles-taking-things-our-stride.html)

Itryharder 07-19-2010 08:29 AM

Hi All,
Glad to see the posts. I had a nice weekend, busy, but nice. Wrapped it up by getting my paper work done and taking in a movie with dh. We went to see Inception and although it was confusing at times, we both really liked it. I'm so glad to see a movie that isn't a sequel!

I have a new take on my diet, etc. In trying the filling foods, I am gaining weight. I also haven't exercised this week. Hives are killing me. I have an appt. w/doc today and hope to get some relief. In any case, my best guess is that eating and exercising the way I was was necessary just to maintain my weight right now. Ugh. I'll ask my doc if I'm retaining water w/hives, but I bet I am. Not fun to work so hard and see no result.
Well, don't mean to be a downer-----I'll :cheer: up soon.
In the meantime, keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower :cool:

Princess1122 07-20-2010 08:12 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!

Another rainy day here with more storms in the forcast... peachy! Work has been stressful with long hours since my assignment has changed so I have not been making time to exercise and have not been getting the sleep that I need. I was feeling really good but as of this past weekend I am tired and stressed again, not really sure what has changed but I need to work on it because it all affects my weight loss, etc. I will try and get to my Yoga class tonight but there again that means less sleep since the class runs from 8-9 and I won't get home till 9:30... I get up at 4:30 AM so if I don't get to bed by about 8 I just feel run down... all things that I will have to work on I guess... LOL.

Judy: You are never a "downer"!!!! I am so sorry about the hives and the gain, I truly know that they are not fun and that the hives are painful to boot! I hope that the visit to the doctor yesterday got you some relief. Take care of yourself!

Bandit: Did you get your grass cut? We are not on a regular schedule with our yard work this year since we have had soooo much rain, we just do it when we can and that is about it. So you have your new TOPS meeting this week is that correct? I hope that you like the new group!

All: Take care everyone and post when you can!

Princess

bandit2 07-20-2010 10:01 AM

Hi turtles:

Princess - no, didn't get grass cut and boy, it is a mess. I planned on doing that last night, then had to pick up these black walnut balls that drop for one of the big trees and this sounds crazy but that took me over an hour to do that with abit of tree trimming. By the time I finished that I was super hot and hungry seeing it was after 8 o'clock. That was enough for one night.

And tonight am suppose to have wings with the ladies at a marina closeby and sit out on the deck overlooking the lake, so really would like to go to that. So, I am planning on doing my grass Wed then go to Tops Thursday night for the first meeting of our new chapter.

Judy - hope your hives are under control & you are feeling better.

It has cooled down abit up here and I am not complaining - we are not used to it being so hot for so long. Crazy weather - seeing we really didn't have winter as we know it as well.

Lets all have a great day!

KimL1214 07-20-2010 11:19 AM

bandit2~ I definitely know how you feel when you say CRAZY weather! It's been way too hot here! After last summer of rain, then this summer of heat... and people say there is no such thing as global warming...

Princess1122~ WOW! You need to take a day to sleep! Just think... there are still 2 more Twilight movies to go... Breaking Dawn is so long that they've split it into to movies!

Itryharder~ Hives! Yikes! How are you feeling? What did your doctor tell you?

Sorry I've been MIA for the last couple days. I had a last minute change of plans when I got a call from my friend who is currently stuck in NY. She's having a really hard time because she isn't getting any support even though everyone she is with knows she didn't do what she's being accused of. I believe I managed to convince her to move down to NYC until this is over as she has a lot of family down there that will be super supportive. It does mean a lot of driving to get back and forth to court in northern NY once a week, but if it keeps her from feeling suicidal, then I think it is definitely worth it.
There was a lot of crying and talking, so I wasn't 100% OP this weekend, but I did do a lot better then I had expected myself to do. I am disappointed in the amount of soda I drank, but unfortunately there water wasn't good for drinking and we didn't get to a grocery store until Sunday night. SO! I need to get back OP and kick some serious BUTT!!! A little too energized after driving almost 12 hours this weekend and only sleeping a total of 9 hours for the whole weekend...

Itryharder 07-20-2010 12:38 PM

KimL----you're a good friend. Everything else falls into place. :grouphug:

Bandit,------black walnut balls----wow! Hope you get to your lawn soon.
Your plans with the gals sounds great at the lake and I hope you new TOPS group works out well. :cheer:

Princess------I had no idea you had to get up so early in the morning. Egads. Okay----yoga does stress good and it's worth it. :tread: (I don't see a yoga avatar)

As far as my hives, the doc doubled up one of my meds and wants to see me in a week. Right now I'm doing a little better, but none of this is fun. My skin feels all creepy crawly. Ugh. I'm doing the best I can with my food and staying as close to filling foods as I can. Yesterday I got back on the :tread: for 1/2 hour and that's all I'm willing to do right now. Iv'e got errands to run today and am looking forward to a simple BBQ with dh tonight. :chef:
Everybody keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower and closer to goal :cool:

CherryAutumn 07-21-2010 10:53 AM

Sorry for getting behind on the posting. It is nice to see everyone else chiming in.
For this weeks official weigh in I am down 1 pound. I will take it.:^:
Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone.
Keep on going Judy, Tessa, Kim , Princess, Bandit, and LinS:hug:

Princess1122 07-21-2010 11:23 AM

Hi Guys! Just a real quick fly by to see what is going on with everyone! Busy day today at work so I will need to hope on later on to catch up. Hope all is well with everyone... still raining here! Lots of flooding yesterday, kind of worried about the garden as it is pretty much under water... ugh. Have to run!
Princess

Itryharder 07-21-2010 03:17 PM

Cherry, :goodscale: isn't it great to see the scale going in the right direction? Weigh to go! :cheer: :bravo: :dancer: :dance: :balloons:

Hey Princess, start yelling for the skies to give the rest of USA some rain. You've had more than enough!!!! WEather very sketchy here. Rains a tiny bit each day-----just about enough to stop the lawns from completely burning up. I can't wait until the temp. gets lower and I can walk on the boardwalk on the beach again. In the meantime I am blessed to have AC .
As far as WI., I didn't. I'm about the same as last week. I've decided that with hives it's impossible to lose weight and I'll do my very best to keep off the weight I've lost so far. When my body cooperates, I'll lose the next 25# and then I'll be close to goal. I'd love to have things be different, but I can't keep on beating myself up. I'm still exercising, but less, and I'm eating more than the 18points or so I was eating before. I've got this plan in my head and I think I can make it work. Three meals, two tiny snacks a day----filling foods for the most part, but one serving of bread a day. Let's see how that works.

In the meantime, :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all of us. We're a great group of Turtles and deserves to be fit and healthy (and thin!!!!!)
Love to you all,
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower-----:cool:

Princess1122 07-22-2010 08:22 AM

Good morning all and happy Thursday! Things have been busy for me at work this week so basically in the evenings I just read for a couple of minutes then head to bed to try and get caught up on some sleep... no yoga or anything and it starting to show so I need to get back on it but have learned to listen when my body tries to tell me something... right now it is telling me to chill out for a few days ;)

Have W/I tonight... will just have to see how it goes.

Cherry: Great job on your loss! Keep at it!

Judy: I don't blame you one little bit for slowing things down to a maint. level... your health and the hives have to be tended to first. Take care of yourself and your plan sounds really good! I would gladly share some of this rain... truly I would! I have not been able to get into my garden at all this week yet to pick... I will have cuc's the size of Ohio if I don't get out there soon... LOL.

Bandit: How are you doing? Did you manage to get your yard work done, etc? The heat is hard to deal with when you are trying to get the outside work done... I hope it cools of a bit for you.

Tess: How are you doing?

Kim: I hope things are getting better for your friend... how are you doing?

Lin: Have not heard from you in a while... hope that you are doing well!

Princess

Itryharder 07-22-2010 11:15 AM

JUst checking to say hi. Princess, I love your daily posts. They help to keep me going! :balloons:

As far as me, I called my doc and he'll return my call when he can to get different meds for me since I'm worse than ever. Ugh. I'm doing the very best I can with food. Also looked up hives again and found that eggs, nuts, fish, and shellfish are major culprits to hives. I had been eating tons of eggwhites and nuts----and then to "lose" weight I stepped up the fish and shrimp. LOL. Well, that didn't work. From the past, I know the hives will just go away one day and I'm hoping that day is very soon. Okay---enough about that.

Dh and I are planning our annual luau. Last year I made pulled pork for the first time and it was yummy. I've got a folder for the luau----Hawaiian Wedding Cake and a pineapple-y- cole slaw and a pasta salad that could masquerade as Hawaiian. All in good fun and something to look forward to in August. Next week we may be doing some baby-sitting since my grandson's camp is over and dd's vacation doesn't start until the next week. WE'll see how helpful we can be.
Gotta run.
Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower :cool:

KimL1214 07-22-2010 11:24 AM

Itryharder~ Don't worry about the WL until your hives are gone, you definitely have enough to worry about right now. Enjoy your luau!!!

Princess1122~ I'm doing okay right now, although I am struggling big time getting back on plan. Normally when I return from a weekend away, I can jump right back with it, but for some reason I'm having a really hard time with it this week.

CherryAutumn~ CONGRATS on being down 1 lb.

I am struggling big time right now. The weather has been rainy and icky for the past few days, and I feel like that has made me more depressed and less willing to work on getting food together and getting exercise in. I need a sunny afternoon! My mom is injured right now with a frozen shoulder, so that means I need to take her place on the berry farm, which leaves no time to plan dinner. Around and around we go...

Almost Friday!!!

Princess1122 07-23-2010 07:47 AM

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!!!! It has been a very long week for me so I am extra happy that Friday has arrived... if that is even possible... LOL. I went to W/I last night and stayed for the TOPS meeting. My W/I was actually better then I thought it would be... I stayed exactly the same as last week... since it is the week after my TOM and when I historically show a gain on the scale I was pretty darned happy with staying the same. I need to go better with food and exercise this week so that is my plan... I am not doing so well on my July challenge goals but will keep on chugging.

That seller that I ordered the book from on Half.com did rip me off... ugh, I have to file a claim now but I had ordered the book from another venue and it has arrived... I will try and get that started this weekend.

Have a baseball game to go to tonight with DH and his coworkers... it is just stinking hot here and soooo muggy, it feels like you are under water when you step outside. So at the very least I will have the "sauna" (sp?) experience tonight at the game and who knows... I could just lose a # or two by just sitting there pretending to act interested in the BB game... LOL. Not a huge fan but DH is so I go and smile and play along.

My garden is really starting to produce... and the tomatoes are wonderful this year... I was right, we have cuc's the size of Ohio! LOL... I do the small ones - the salad or pickle sized - but these are huge! I generally throw those away since they get really "seedy" when they get too big. I am going to make stuffed peppers this weekend with my bell peppers that I picked last night... yum!

Judy: I am sooooo sorry about your hives... now that you have found what maybe a cause or at least a factor they hopefully will just go away! I'm with Kim... don't worry about the number on the scale right now, just get yourself better!

Kim: I know how you feel... it has rained so much here, I need sunny day to get back into my summer routine. Berry's! Yum! What kind of berries do you have?

Bandit: How are you doing? TOPS was pretty good last night... they are pretty stale though and need to get things shaking in there... you can tell that they are very set in their ways... I really think though that to be a successful chapter they are going to have to take it up a notch or two but who am I to judge... I go for the W/I factor, etc and have to remind myself that this is not WW so things will be different. Have a great weekend!

Tess: Any plans for the weekend? What is new in your neck of the woods?

I have to run but have a great weekend!
Princess

KimL1214 07-23-2010 09:50 AM

Princess1122~ Have fun at the baseball game tonight! Looks like more rain here, so hopefully it holds for you! Our garden is goin CRAZY as well, although the rain has been making it difficult to pick. We have blueberries and raspberries, although the 60+MPH winds the other day wiped out part of our raspberry crop...

So happy today is Friday! Tomorrow will be my first Saturday off in WEEKS, and I'm betting that I will actually end up working on the farm, but that's better then chasing kids around and taking orders from crabby customers. I'm going to sit down this afternoon and figure out how to get myself back on track as I have definitely wandered from the path of goodness... (HEHEHE) If I want to reach my goals for July and Labor Day as well, then I REALLY need to get with it!
TGIF!!!

Itryharder 07-23-2010 09:52 AM

Kim, :grouphug: and :love: to get you around being depressed, etc. Do the easy things like drinking water and things will be back in place soon. You're doing great. Keep on posting. We love to hear from you.

Princess, it's great that you had a :goodscale: I love the way your garden sounds. You're going to have a great crop. Interesting comments about TOPS. That's one group I've never attended.

I really like my WW mtg., but it's not fun paying this much money and not having a real loss since December. Egads. Well, I know I"d be up in weight if I didn't go to mtgs. My dh is already saying things like, "If we're eating this cr... and not losing weight, then I'm all for going out to dinner and getting take-out, etc. " Do you have any idea how much weight I'd gain if I did that? I'm one who regularly gains 1#/day while on vacation and it's taken a huge amount of self-discipline to lose as much as I have. I have to stay with it.
(By the way, my dermatologist is sending me to an allergist-----I'm choosing instead to go back to my internist and see what she says. I need some relief. I've heard of sprays that may help----so I'll see what she says)
Gotta run-----have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower and closer to goal :cool:

Princess1122 07-23-2010 10:13 AM

Judy: Yep, I thought about the TOPS comment after I typed and was worried that it sounded harsh because it was not meant to be that way. I just feel like they have run the meeting a certain way for years and if it works for them then that is fine... They are really a wonderful group of ladies and they are the seasoned members, not me, so I am sure they know how it is supposed to go. I just need to get used to it is all.

Good luck with your doctor!