3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #234--Bale of Turtles Taking Things in our Stride! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/206935-234-bale-turtles-taking-things-our-stride.html)

Clever Tessa 07-15-2010 10:32 AM

Mornin' Turtles!

Had an epiphany last night about the evil :bunny: living under my house. I have decided to go to the extreme opposite of what I've been doing - I *tried* to seal up the area under the deck where they're digging - well, it occured to me that geez, I guess I've pretty much been providing 24/7 security for them! So I'm going to remove EVERYTHING surrounding the bottom of the deck and open it wide up and totally expose them. I also have an electrical plug right there so I'm going to also set up a light so they're illuminated (think "here are the rabbits, yum!" spotlight). I'd rather have coyotes skulking around the side of my house than rabbits *under* my house! They're not paying me to be their body guard.... So, yeah, charging up the cordless screwdriver now to remove all the lattice work. :hat: Good luck to 'em (and mondo good luck to the coyotes).

Now I'm wishing I'd have kept the big ol' rabbit corpse I had in my carport a few months ago. I went to drive in and there was a dead bun-bun. I scooped it up and chucked it out in the back 40 so "whatever" could finish it off. Mysteriously, the next day, it was back in my carport (zombie bunnies?) - but this time it was seriously chewed on (probably a coyote enjoying their snack in the privacy of my garage). So I chucked it even further from my house. I *should* have kept it closer by - and put it near the hole as a foreboding warning of things to come should they keep digging under my house!

Ok, yeah, the rabbit thing is pretty funny... and for some reason my uber snarky sense of humor seems to find fun ways to express the torture they're putting me through! :lol:

Kim, good luck with the move. Yeah, things will go back to normal soon - it's always a pain in the butt (and usually back) to move. Any virtual boxes we can help lift? :)

Princess, good luck at weigh in tonight!

Ok, must get some work done on this lovely Friday-eve. I have 2 mechanics on vacation next week, so it's kinda like a mini-vacation for me too! :dance:

Later gators, I mean, Turtles!

Tessa

bandit2 07-15-2010 11:19 AM

Hi turtles:

I was up 1/2# last night at my weigh in - final for that chapter.
Good news, my new chapter will actually be having meetings throughout the summer, so I was excited about that. I found last summer very hard to keep on track with only having weigh ins & no meetings. So, hoping once I get through this weekend to have more success at the scales.

Tessa - too bad about the bunnies, don't see too many where I live so makes me feel sad they will probably die, too bad there isn't another solution.
Hoping the light and exposure will scare them off.

Princess - sounds like your garden is keeping you busy, but will be nice to have some fresh veggies.

Hope everyone else is having a great summer!

Clever Tessa 07-15-2010 03:02 PM

Yaaaaaay!!!!! :dancer:

My handy guy is at my house right now - he thinks he's fixed the rabbit issue (none were under the house). :crossed: No more :bunny2: !!!!!!!

If this fails, he said he's pouring concrete. Yeah, I think that would do it! :lol:

Toodles Turtles,

Tes

Princess1122 07-16-2010 09:01 AM

Good morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Yah! Friday is here!

Went to W/I last night, was down 1.2 lbs - I was very happy about that - historically I have my TOM gain at the end of the cycle, not sure why but that is the way it normally plays out. Soooo, we will keep at it and hope that by next W/I I am still moving in the downward direction.

Did Yoga at home last night on the Wii - I got TBL work out DVD a while ago and never used it... last night I put it in just to see what was on it and found a bunch of stuff that looks promising! So did Yoga at home with my big old marshmallow of a German Shep. trying to help me... LOL. It was funny but not always productive ;)

If I recap my personal challenge goals so far I am on track with my classes and weight loss but not my walking... I need to step that up because it will help everything else!

I do have a tinny NSV - I feel better lately, not so tired all the time and really thinking how it will feel to be back down to a lower weight. That being said I am trying really hard not to let the number on the scale define me this time around... I am a turtle for a reason, it will be slow going but the small NSV are what I will focus on.

Bandit: You are doing so well... just a small bump in the road with this W/I and who knows the new group may really be just what you need to get going again... new ideas, new faces, etc. Not may bunnies in Canada? I guess for some reason I was thinking that you would be teeming with wild-life up your way, not sure why I thought that. They have a big section on the TOPS magazine about the TOPS groups in Canada... I am eager to read about it - just need to find the time. Have a great weekend!

Tess: So glad you are getting the bunnies under control! You really sound like a busy gal! Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Judy: Well, that book that I ordered has still not come... I looked at the sellers reviews and they were so bad... I should have looked at them BEFORE I ordered from him. Guess I will have to place the order again from someone else and file a claim as the first one is a know to rip people off all the time... lesson learned! Have a great weekend!

Talk soon everyone!
Princess

KimL1214 07-16-2010 09:14 AM

Princess1122~ Congrats on your weight loss and feeling better!

Clever Tessa~ I can only imagine how frustrating your battle with the rabbits are, but I have to say, whenever I want to smile, I know I can always come on here and read about your rabbit turmoil and get a good giggle. You have an amazing sense of humor! What is the hopeful final solution your handy guy came up with? My roommate never showed up to help move her stuff out yesterday so I had lots of virtual boxes you could have helped move :dizzy:

bandit2~ That's awesome that you will keep having meetings!

Moved, and exhausted! I am looking forward to a serious nap this afternoon! I've been eating only one meal a day over the past 3 days, so I really need to get back on track with getting 3 meals and snacks in each day as my crazy eating is definitely showing on the scale! Happy Friday everyone!

Itryharder 07-16-2010 10:20 AM

Wow! We are hopping here. Congrats to Bandit and Princess on their weight losses.

Bandit, I am so thrilled to hear that your new TOPS group will meet during the summer. I remember how much you wished that could happen last summer when the old group just did weigh in's. :goodscale:

Princess, I love your analysis and I'm happy to be reminded that we are all turtles for one reason or another. You've got a good head on your shoulder. Doing yoga with your German shepherd made me laugh. Good for the both of you.
:tread: (I don't see a "yoga" avatar LOL)

KimL, so proud of you for completing your move. Weigh to go, girl! :bravo:

Tessa, sounds like the rabbit saga may be wrapping up for good. I love it all, but know in my heart it would not, I repeat, not be fun to have rabbits gnawing on my house. You've been very patient! :goodvibes:

Cherry, keep on posting. I think of you all the time with the little ones. Keep on keepin' on. You'll be so proud! :goodvibes:

As far as me, well I'm happy to be on a switch-over program from WW's. I honestly could not have eaten less, nor moved more. Just a month or so ago I was walking 1 1/2 miles/day. Now I'm up to 3miles daily. I think I'm changing that up. I think I'll try a new routine of 3miles/2x wee. 1 1/2miles 3xweek and tapes for exercise the other day or two. I may even start up my arm toning tape. Yesterday I did filling foods and was happy with it. I had a luncheon to go to, but was able to stay on track since there were plenty of healthy choices and I was able to avoid the high calorie ones (and the entire dessert table). later that night my dd invited dh and me to an outdoor movie event that she and our grandson planned. So much fun-----the snacks were not for me----but then I remembered the 35 points we've got and used a couple of them. Wished I had done better, but I'm happy with the results. I've been trying to eat red meat only once a week forgetting that I lost very well with having red meat almost every night. My aim is to lose weight. Then I'll look into reducing the amt. of red meat and getting into a total healthy eating plan. Right now I've got to get rid of my excess fat.

Okay everybody. Have a great weekend. It looks like it may be quiet around here, which is lovely. You all take care, be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/190.6/lower!

Clever Tessa 07-16-2010 10:55 AM

Good morning Turtles and Happy Fridaaaaaaay!!!! :broc:

I went home and checked out my handy guy's work yesterday afternoon and ya know what? That sweet man also fixed my pump house door. It had been trying to fall off for awhile and I kept rescrewing the brackets, trying to get it to stay put. He actually fixed it and didn't tell me. His wife is a friend of my mom's and I think I bring out a dad / daughter thing with him. Just a feeling I get...

So what he did was push back all the dirt from the spot on the side of the house where they keep digging, laid chicken wire as a barrier down in the area where they'd been getting under the house AND also about 3 feet flat across the top - so it goes | down the side and -- across the top. Then he covered it all with dirt and laid heavy rocks on top of that. So the bun-buns would have to tunnel about 3-4 feet to get where they want to be - and then they would hit a chicken wire barrier they'd have turn and tunnel another 2 feet to get around around it (assuming they'd think "huh, wonder if this is only a few feet wide?"). AND they'd have to start digging in a very exposed area (not that I would turn the hose on 'em if I caught them - nah, not me!). So, basically, it's still not totally rabbit-proof, but the rabbit that tries is going to have to have a serious obsession with under my house to go through all it would have to to get under there. If this fails, it's concrete time. So it appears the :bunny: gets a stay of execution.

Princess, congrats on the loss!!! :cp: Yeah, I've done yoga with 3 cats in the house. It's like they show off - "you think YOU can stretch, watch this!" (as they pretzel themselves into a position any Yogi would be proud of). And I'm absolutely a fan of the NSV. We aren't our weight, and we are so much more than a number on the scale. I've seen some thin people do some reeeeeeally unhealthy, scary things. Just keep imagining how little you'll be fatigued the further you get on this journey. Before ya know it you'll be a zippy turtle!

No, no new recipes yet - but during this, my "down weekend", (because the next 3 are a little crazy) I plan on going through my Biggest Loser cookbooks finally and marking pages with recipes I want to try. There is a salsa vinagrette (sp?) recipe that I'm dying to try!

Kim, thank you... yes my family (both born to and chosen) would say my sense of humor is pretty healthy. :lol: There have been many times here at work that something just pops out of my mouth, that I don't think is all that funny, but then I don't hear anything behind me (where my mom sits) in response. It's because she's laughing so hard she can't breathe. Then I have to remember what it was that I said! I TRY to have the attitude of 'I can't control anything around me, but I can control my reaction to it'. Having a sense of humor can be a very valuable thing.
Oh, and go take that nap!!!! You've earned it! :faint:

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday and tonight we're going to a restaurant called The Blacksmith. Last time we went (a few years ago) she and I racked up a $120 bill. It's the kind of place where I wasn't sure if I could ask for them to wrap up the rest of my dinner for later (I don't think you can call it a "doggy bag" when they're serving Kobe beef). So it's a *real* culinary treat. I kept my breakfast and lunch Points to a minimum and will just enjoy dinner... And then reintroduce myself to my treadmill tomorrow!

Have a great bunny-free weekend everyone!

Tes

KimL1214 07-16-2010 11:21 AM

Itryharder~ Your progress is incredible! I can't imagine not having red meat at least three times a week as I LOVE it. I just make sure I have the points for it. I'm psyched that I have completed the move out piece, but I still have lots of stuff in vehicles, storage space and my parents garage, so unfortunately I still have to move in... Nap first though!

Clever Tessa~ Having a great sense of humor is one of the best qualities I think a person can have. I tend to be a bit more on the immature side with my humor, I think it comes from working with middle school students all the time. Wow! I would think that the rabbits have finally met their match, although I know rabbits to be pretty crafty, so it will be interesting to see if they take on the challenge or not.

I'm still at school right now, the day is almost over however. I'm trying to think of a yummy WW recipe to make for dinner tonight. The problem is that my dad is very picky about what he eats and normally only goes for meat, veggie, potatoes. No peppers, onions, spices, or anything else that I think adds flavor and more dynamic to food. SO, it's a bit of a challenge to feed him... I'm SO looking forward to my NAP!!! It's going to start raining soon, so I have an even better excuse to take one!

bandit2 07-16-2010 01:45 PM

Hi turtles:

Any heatwave coming through, but calling for storms today. My dd got back in the middle of night, so just waiting for her to come home for visit and get her cat. Thank goodness she had a safe holiday - I find it stressful when she is away on vacation even though she is 24, still my baby.

Tess - I can relate to your cats showing off, ours also has to get in the action of whateve is going on.

Princess - great job on the loss! You really sound like you are in such a great mindframe, that is half the battle right there - to be focussed and positive. I also read the reviews and have held off purchasing the book - was waiting for you to give me your own review.

Judy - Good luck with your new programme, sometimes a change works wonders.

Kim - kick back and relax, you definately have earned it.

Also Princess - I read some of the articles in my new Tops magazine and am always amazed at how well some people have done. It really is inspiring.

Cherry - hope you are doing the best you can.

Well, off to my chinese buffet tonight with my ladies group & I know that will be delicious. Really have to shake my butt dancing afterwards!

Have a great Friday!

Princess1122 07-16-2010 03:29 PM

Wow, it is really jumping around here today! That is a wonderful thing! Everyone seems to be so busy with life in general...

Bandit: Well, if you buy the book on half.com just make sure you read the reviews of the people that are selling them first to make sure that you don't pick a rip off seller like I did... ugh, have never had a problem before now but I may just go to a book store this weekend and pick up a copy and be done with it. I will file a claim against the seller to get my money back but I hear that does not work with this person either. Lesson learned... LOL. I sell my books on there and would never think about ripping someone off...

Tess: Awesome on the bunny issue... I will be sad not to hear the stories anymore but I am with Judy, we can laugh at the stories that you tell but I am sure it is no fun to go thru them on your end. Must be those Oregon bunnies are hardy little suckers... LOL. Let me know if you try any good recipes. I am going to try Judy's baked bean recipe this weekend I think!

Kim: Good job on the move, I know that it is hard when you are doing it... I am hoping that when the housing market picks up and DH and I pick out what we hope to be our last/final home (once we sell ours) that it will be the very last time I will have to move again... just not a fun thing to do.

Judy: Maybe try a small incline on the treadmill to shake things up a bit? Not sure if it will help or not. DS is off of red meat right now also to try and get on a more healthy path... while DH and I are eagerly awaiting the tomatoes to start coming in so that we can have BLT's ... LOL... but they are sooo good! Yes, our GSD is pretty darned cute... he is a bit of a sloppy dog but he is a cutie! And always happy when someone gets down on the floor with him... the other dogs - the old girls we call them - could not care less but he thinks it is play time and wants to be involved... LOL and in the way, etc, etc, etc. He is a good boy though... he is very tall and leggy and loves to be loved... a lap dog in his own mind I think :D

Princess1122 07-17-2010 04:57 PM

Just stopping by to say hello to everyone - it is a hot but beautiful Saturday here... Got the shopping done, laundry is almost finished, yard work is done and the garden cleaned up and picked. Got a handful of greenbeans off the vines today... LOL, not enough to really do anything with though.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Itryharder 07-17-2010 11:21 PM

Crazy busy-----dd and grandson and dh and I went to the local aquarium, then had swimming and BBQ here on Friday. Then today, both daughters and their hubbies and grandson came to us for a day of swimming and BBQ. I'm getting good at these last minute BBQ's. They're fun. Had a great time with the kids and now I hope to relax tomorrow. Maybe catch a movie with dh.

All's well here. I like doing the filling foods. If the scale doesn't cooperate, then I'll try something else, but I like the pressure of the scale being removed from me right now. I've been anxious about breaking 190 pounds for much too long now.

Princess, you got mega mountains of work done-----good for you!
I hope everyone's having a nice weekend. Good luck and keep on keepin' on to all of us.
Judy
234.6/190.6/anything less! :cool:

Princess1122 07-18-2010 08:08 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

Cloudy with storms expected here today, it is very hot here as I guess it is more everywhere these days. DIL and I are going to see the new Twilight movie "Eclipse" this afternoon and I am really looking foward to that. I read all four books in the series and loved them, have watched the first two movies and while they are good I think that the books are far better as they go into much more detail, etc. Food was good yesterday with a little bit of snacking at the end of the day but I knew that I was tired and should just go to bed... so that is what I did.

I went ahead and ordered another copy of the book from Amazon as the one from Half.com is never going to make it here... I have contacted that seller and had no contact in the beginning, I got an email this weekend from him and it was down right ugly... guess he does not like anyone complaining about being ripped off by him... LOL.

Judy: You are crazy busy! I sure hope that you can take a day of down time today and relax. Sounds like you had a really nice time with your family and that is a wonderful thing! You have always done really well on "core"/"filling foods" so I think this will be a wonderful and positive change for you... the very best of luck!

Have to run... take care everyone!

bandit2 07-18-2010 11:09 PM

Hi Turtles:

Busy weekend up here, but was really nice overall. The wedding was fun & I didn't overdo the eating and danced quite abit. My gf came for dinner today and we made salmon, rice, brussell sprouts and she made a new side dish.
It was fennel, apple and red onion sliced very thin with a honey/lemon/oil dressing & it was very good. I skipped the wine since I had some drinks at the wedding. So, other than the chinese buffet my weekend eating was pretty good.

It is still really hot/humid here and they are calling for some much needed rain.
Hopefully, I can get my grass cut tomorrow since it is pretty long and I didn't have a chance on weekend.

My daughter had a great time in Mexico & was nice to visit with her as well on Friday.

Lets all have a great OP week!

Princess1122 07-19-2010 07:23 AM

Good morning everyone!

It is a very sleepy Monday morning for me... I am not very energetic today. The weekends just seem to fly by, I need to make it a point to get a nap in now and then or something so that I feel more rested when the work week starts... LOL.

We had bad storms here yesterday, tons of rain, downed trees and power outages. I will have to go out into the yard after work today and do some clean up.

Went to see "Eclipse" with DIL yesterday, we both really enjoyed the movie - even more so than the first two. Looking forward to the next one :D I did over do it with the popcorn though... it was basically my lunch but I still should not have ate so much of it.

Bandit: Great job with the busy weekend that you had! You can have some of our rain... we are supposed to get it all week... LOL.

All: Have a great week everyone!