Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 08:19 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Hello Monday!

If no one's starting a post at the same time, I will take the liberty.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. The weather here on LI was gorgeous & it was nice to not have to work for a change (at least on Sunday).

I bought some tulip bulbs for Jeremy to plant. He's into this "planting" thing. I'll have him plant them @ my mom's since he's there majority of time & she can enjoy them too.

WW wise I'm starting over ... again. We all seem to be in the same slump. This time, I've created a spreadsheet to track my losses & set up 5 lb goals, and rewards (non food related). Hopefully having something tangible like this to remind myself will help me get through at least 1 week OP.

2 weeks to go until the Avon 3day walk. 60 miles in 3 days. I've got to say I can't wait until it's over. ONLY because the training is so time consuming, and I've got so much going on w/ school & working 2 jobs. But I can't wait for the entire experience. I don't ever want to forget it.

I can't think of anything else ... Saturday night a girlfriend & I met up and we took Jeremy to Dave & Busters. A new one (and the only one) opened on LI. It was fun. But by 10 PM, there was a line outside (and if you're under 16 you have to leave the building anyway) and they were charging a cover charge to get in. We were going to get something to eat there, but there was a 2 HOUR wait!!! So we headed over to TGIF for noshes. Not what we needed exactly, but it was so much fun!

OK ... time to head to mom's for the bus!

Talk to you later!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:01 AM   #2  

Good morning Deb (and everyone else!)

Deb ~ I think it is great that you do such fun things with your son, he will remember those things for years! I am complete agreement with you about getting it into gear with the weight loss. I am tired of feeling tired and fat, I am getting back into it, I have to lose this extra weight, last year at this time I was at goal, so sad.....

Jen2 ~ I saw your posts this weekend, glad you are still around and thinking of us!! I hope school doesn't wear you out to much, do something fun for yourself! Post soon!!

Jen ~ I was reading through you and Jayne's posts about pregancies "no no's". I am convinced that the ob/gyn field has no idea what effects fetus's while you are pregnant. With my daughter (1995) it was no smoking or drinking, with my second pregancy (1997) it was those two things and another list of 20 items, then with my last (1998) it had doubled!! It is so hard to keep track! So, with all my pregancies, I tried to make good decisions, but pretty much ate what I wanted and still had the occasional caffeinated drink....my kids are all healthy and rarely sick. Who knows....

Kier ~ I hope you are feeling better and school isn't getting the best of you!

Belle ~ I feel so bad for you, take some vitamins and call me in the morning!! I hope you recover soon, the ailments sure have hit you!!

Hi Ali ~ I hope the man trouble isn't stressing you out, they aren't worth it!! Go with your heart!

Hi Jess ~ I hope the job front is stress-free this week!

Jayne ~ Same for you! I find when I do my job to the best of my ability and stay away from the gossip ring, life is good. I have been there, it is easy to get sucked in....Come to us to vent!!

Marcie ~ Back to work this week? I hate going back after vacation! I hope it is tolerable for you! Show off your ring!!

KT ~ How are you doing girl?

Cat ~ Are you on vacation??

Hi Lori!! How was the bachelorette party? Hazy?

Hi Kirsty!!!

Well, not much new with me. The birthday party for my son was a big success, he received lots of nice gifts and was very happy. Yesterday, I didn't do much, watched some movies with the kids, that was about it. Back to work today, not much on my plate today, but that is o.k. More time to talk here! It will be a high of 90 degrees here today, Indian summer!! I like it better 50-60 degrees.

Well, better get back at it. I am journalling today, trying to be better, it is a constant struggle....I will get the movtivation back one way or another!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:14 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. Not much to report. I was a feeling off a little yesterday, so didn't get much done. Saturday we went to a little Octoberfest thing here and Emma got a free pumpkin. She had fun running around.

Today I have to run home at noon so the carpet people can measure the basement. Oh and our washing machine broke, it doesn't fill up very far with water. Ughhh... so I have piles of clothes that desperately need washing. Hubby has been trying to get ahold of someone, but they are always either gone or on the phone. Ughhhhh.... Life sucks sometimes!

We finally told the in-laws that we are expecting. They seem happy about it. We have an on again off again relationship with them. Long story. Most of the time things are OK, but they get overbearing and try to run our lives a lot. This basement thing really caused a lot of problems because they tried to tell us how it HAD to be done. I said it will be done how I want it done since I am living here.

Deb... I wish you luck in getting your life in order. You must do what's best for both YOU and your son. Don't forget that you deserve to be happy also!!!

Tonya... it is supposed to be warm here also, but rainy too. And rainy all week. Bluchhhh!

Ok, best get back to wrork!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:32 PM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning ladies.

Deb, sounds like you had a great bonding night with your little boy. You do such a good job of making sure he has fun things in his life...you sound like a really good mom! I hope that you make until your three day walk...you're going to feel like you have so much time on your hands when it's over.

Tonya, you're getting the same weather we are. I'll tell you what, we had big thunderstorms last night ( lost a big tree limb) and this morning, we have really strange rain -- like it's raining on one side of my house and on the other, nothing...really wierd. I guess there's always a rain line, but I've never experienced my house being right in the middle of it. You know, you will get back to where you were. You are determined, motivated, and you deserve to look and feel your best. You can do this, hon!!!

Hi Jen...I'm so proud of you for standing up to your in-laws. We have similar situations with the psycho controlling MIL, and I can never stand up to mine...I'm glad you can tell yours what is her business and what isn't her business. Getting a hold of repair people is always a major chore, isn't it? Good luck...it's no fun having piles of laundry!

Everyone else, it's kind of quiet here today...come out and play!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:20 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hello briefly to everyone. Slow day on the boards today which is good cause work is busy (typical monday). I found a place to rent this weekend - YAY - it's a nice 2 bedroom basement suite all to myself with a gas fireplace and dishwasher and a huge bathroom. I love it. Friends of mine are living there now but they're moving out at the end of this week and then it's all mine - YAY again. I also might buy a new car tonight. My car keeps bugging me so I want one with a factory warrenty and they have all sorts of great deals that end today at 9pm. We'll see. Anyway - I did WI on Saturday - up .4 so I guess I really have to start to work at this again. I got some journals and we'll see how it works this week. Hope everyone is having a great day.
KT
Old 09-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #6  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi KT! Wow, you're making all sorts of changes! Good for you ... variety is the spice of life!

Hi Jayne - how's it going? Are you getting somewhat focused? It's not easy ... now especially since you've started working again. Remember one day @ a time.

I've started responding at least 3 times now and I keep getting interrupted! What do these people want me to work or something?

I'll BBIAB!

I'm learning the lingo.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default It's snowing here....

But its melting when it touches the ground, so its not as bad as you might think!

Well tonight I go to the doc again for results from my second tests. THis parasite is getting me down. I hear more and more stories about people who don't get well for a year. These drugs better work! I do feel less nauseous, so that is a bonus.

I had a good weekend all things considered. Great Big Sea was good and I handled the toilet thing OK. Then Saturday B/f and I cleaned up and hung out, watched Saving Private Ryan. Sunday we did groceries (finally) and went to the antique show and then I did bridesmaid stuff for the wedding I am in Oct 19th.

My sister's baby still isn't here.....Auntie Jen? Did yours come yet?

Deb- I did a spreadsheet too! This is my first week WI on it - its tomorrow that I go to WI. I like visuals, so I am going to do it into a graph. I think that will keep me motivated. Where did you take your son? What is it exactly I mean?

Tonya - I can't believe you had a kid in 1995 - that is crazy - you are such a young mom...I'll be SO OLD in comparison. Oh well, I'll pretend to be a young hip mom...

Jen - I remember about your in-laws- I hope it goes OK for the next few months, as you don't need the added stress being PG.

KT let us know about hte car - I think that is so exciting, I felt like a new person when I got my civic!

Ali - I can't offer you any really good advice, but I hope that good things come out of the present Man situation...they are so confusing!!

WEll, its official - I just joined the gym! I will go for the first time on Wednesday at lunch with my co-worker. Pending illness, that is. Hopefully I'll shake this very soon! I'll let you guys know how the doc goes tonight!!

OK must go to work, take care all!!

Belle
Old 09-30-2002, 03:32 PM   #8  

Hey all, me again. What a day. Just got out of a meeting. After work we get to find out how much the carpeting is going to cost. I am very afraid to hear. They measured at lunch.

Jayne, I actually told FIL that the basement will be done the right way. He didn't listen to everything, and that is why the dry wallers had to do extra work to fix his mistakes. Which, by the way, he has to pay for. So it pays to listen to me!!!

Tonya/Belle... speaking of 1995... I graduated college in 1994 and wasn't even close to thinking kids at that time. Tho at times I wish I had started having kids sooner. I was 28 when I had Emma and will be weeks away from turning 31 when I have this one.

Belle, did you get the bug from something you ate or water??? Sounds nasty. Take care of yourself and get rid of it!

Yah KT on the new home!!

OK, back to work!
Old 09-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #9  

Jen/Belle ~ I graduated college in 1993. Remember Belle, I am already 31 years old!! Not a young chick like yourself! Jen ~ I think there are pros and cons to having children early. The upside is that you are still young enough to do the fun things in life when they are grown, but when you are fairly young (I was 24 when I had Hayley) Todd and I missed out on doing lots of stuff with just us, couple things. I am happy about it now though, many of my friends and co workers are just starting to have children in their early 30's, and I watch them with the bottles and formula and late nights, and don't wish to be back there!!

You get spoiled by your children's independence!

Well, I better think about packing it up for the day.....talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:04 PM   #10  

Yah Tonya, independent kids are great. But they do grow up so fast!! I miss the little baby I once had. Oh well!!!

Quiet place today. Where is everyone?????
Closed Thread