Old 08-30-2002, 08:49 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIFriday's Thread...

Starting today's thread.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I don't know about you guys, but I am SO glad it's Friday!!

WI last night was a good one, even though this week hasn't been particularly great. I was down 2 lbs. Whoopee!! After WI, I took a Creative Lettering class that was pretty fun.

I have two hours of training today that I am dreading. I almost wish I was going to the doctor for a colonoscopy or some other unpleasant procedure so I wouldn't have to go to this training.

Well, ladies, that's about all I know right now. I'll stop back in later to respond to people's posts... Have a great day!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Everyone. Nothing new with me. Glad it is Friday, but I have to work this weekend, so that bites. But 1 week till my vacation, so I can live with that I guess!

Jess, sorry you have a bummer training. I do training, and I hope people don't dread it like that. Tho the people that come to mine have to pay, so at least I know they somewhat want to be there. Make the best of it and keep thinking.... It's Friday!!!

Hey to everyone else!!!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:43 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

TGIF ... I thought it would never come!

Glad to hear you had a great weigh in Jess! What a way to end August.

Jen - What are your vacation plans? Any plans for this weekend?

Well, I blew it last night ... again. Oh well! It could have been worse, but here I am at it today. OP so far!
I'm bringing my stuff to work so I can walk, and I'm going to end my day early I think. I will try to walk on the treadmill also.
My 3Day training group is walking on Saturday, so I'll be getting 20 miles in. And I'm going to *TRY,TRY,TRY* to do some miles on Sunday (I have to work that night) and Monday (since I'm off - but I'm sure I'll be in tears by Monday from being so tired).

I also want to get my haircut & highlighted (I do this 1 time a year) on Monday if the salon is open. Jeremy needs a cut before school starts also. Still stuff to do for Kindergarten. They only sent the info out on Wednedsay. I got it yesterday & school starts next Wednesday. Nothing like last minute. Not all of us can run out to the store @ a moments notice to get supplies. Oh well!

I'm starting to plan a vacation in October to Hershey Park (my vice!) and DutchWonderland. We can't afford to go to Disney, & at least we can drive to PA and stayover a few nights. It works out better time wise & financially.

Let me get going ... the King would like some toast.

Talk later!

* I guess I should say "hi everyone!" - how rude of me. *
Old 08-30-2002, 10:24 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Gone to Thailand...

Hey - this will be my last post before Thailand. I leave on Sunday, tonight is the wedding rehearsal and tomorrow is the wedding (one down, one to go). I just wanted to write and say goodbye. I'll be back on the 16th of Sept but probably won't be functioning for a few days....have a good labour day weekend girls!!

Jess - congrats on the loss!

Deb - I feel great after the hair thing - I hope you get in!!

Well, off I go, lots of work to do.....!

Love Belle
Old 08-30-2002, 11:08 AM   #6  

Oh Deb, you are going to kick me when I tell you where we are going.... Disneyland. We have free frequent flier tickets to CA, so we are going to Disneyland for the first time, and first real vacation with Emma. Last November we went to DisneyWorld (we love Disney). We went to DW for our honeymoon too. I am excited to see Disneyland because it is the original Disney park!!

Good luck with the walking!

Belle, have a great vacation.

I can't wait for this day to end. It has been quite hectic so far. I hate that I have to work this weekend too. Oh well. Emma will come with because I don't have a babysitter. And then we are on beeper call all weekend too. YUCKKK... so I think happy thoughts of vacation and lounging by the pool.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - Congrats on the 2lbs. Way to go!

JenL - while you're working this weekend just say "Disney, Disney, Disney."

Deb - that is a lot of walking. I walk 4 or 5 miles at a shot at least 4 times a week and end up with blisters. Can't imagine how you do what you do.

Belle - have fun in Thailand.

Today is wicked busy at work so don't know if I'll be back. Am planning on meeting friends for drinks tonight and a friend and I are going to an outdoor symphony concert on Sat. night so I should have a fun weekend.

Hope all of you do too.

Laura
Old 08-30-2002, 01:02 PM   #8  
Water Freak

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but my computer was having problems hooking into the network. Finally got it sorted out I was soooo OP last week, and now I feel like I have lost it again. Grrr. I really need to start seriously journallig. On the upside, I am sticking with the 6.5 mile mountain "run". Currently I am running the whole thing down, and about a mile back. I've set myself places to run to each day, and I really think I can be running the whole thing by the end of the month. I've donw it three times this week (and then I did a fourth mini-run of about 2 miles on Monday, so doing good!) And then maybe I can get up a bit later because it won't take so long! Oh, and I have a weight lifting buddy! One of the other girls up here really wants to get toned up, so we are hitting the gym together a few times a week. And we're going to try to do hiking every weekend. Last weekend we did a one night backpack trip and camped out next to a waterfall. This weekend is a Saturday trip only...10 miles (eep).

JenL- I've never been to any of the Disney parks. Have a blast!

Belle- Thailand! Wow. Be careful not to fall for the charming drug dealer guys and wind up in jail j/k

Deb- Wow, you are a walking machine! 20 miles in a week is awesome!

Jess- 2 lbs!!!!! I am so jealous! Good for you!

Cat
Old 08-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #9  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Ohhhh Belle! Have a wonderful time! You'll be missed but I know that you you'll be thinking of *us* every day until you get back!
Wishing you a safe trip!

Jen - we actually HAVE been to Disneyland, but never to DisneyWorld. We took Jeremy to DL when he was almost 2 years old. Of course he doesn't remember any of it, but we did have a good time @ places like Universal for ourselves. DisneyWorld I believe is much bigger than DL. You'll have a great time as well. The 5 hour flight to CA was an adventure. Your vacation will be here soon. Hang in there!

Laura - Have a great weekend! Don't work toooo hard. Have a cocktail for me when you go out tonight. We plan on going to the Renaissance Faire upstate on Monday. It's a nice way to spend the day.

Cat - Your hiking trip last weekend sounds like fun! Your 10 miles this weekend should be no problem. We plan on walking 20 miles (in 1 day ... not a week on Saturday (training for Avon's 3Day walk for Breast Cancer). I have to get in 2 days back to back of 15 miles each. With school starting next week, and I work weekends too I have to figure out how I'm going to do this before the walk in October. I can do ... I've just got to get organized & plan.

I've been debating on whether or not to go to WW on Sunday since I've had such a bust week. Part of me says suck it up & the other part of me says ... you can go on Friday to avoid seeing a gain on Sunday - give yourself some extra time. I am most likely going to suck it up and go.

I've been interrupted all day long & haven't really gotten any one thing done. I did make an appointment for my hair for Wednesday. I've got to schedule maintenance for the car & look into that PA vacation - packages, rates, best deal, etc.
Let's see if I plan a vacation for October, I can set a goal for then too. And reward myself w/ something from Hershey's. Hahahaha! They are my favorite type of chocolate. Godiva is a close second.

Hope to talk to you all before the day is over! If not have a safe & fun holiday weekend!
Old 08-30-2002, 03:54 PM   #10  

Deb, Chocolate World gets me everytime. Never been to the Park tho. I have been a convention there several times and it is in January, so the park is closed. But Chocolate World is open. God help me when I am there!!!

D-World is A LOT bigger, so we decided to venture out to D-Land for Emma's first Disney experience. I cant wait. The Pool looks really neat and Emma LOVES swimming, even tho she is barely 2. And yes, I dread the plane ride with a toddler! Emma does well, for just so long, then she doesn't want to sit anymore. We are armed with toddler activities tho!!

I got kind of swamped for a bit at work... didn't get the stuff that was supposed to be done, done. So I guess I better work on them. Oh wait, I am coming in tomorrow... I guess I can do it then!! Heee heee.
Closed Thread