View Poll Results: Do you have any pets?
No 2 20.00%
Yes - tell us what you\'ve got 5 50.00%
Sort of (lives with your parents/neighbours) 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 07:26 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default tuesday's daily thread

morning girls,
just getting the thread started for the day.
hopefully i'll get a chance to come back and post properly later.
kirsty
ps a neighbourhood cat has adopted me and BF! it's great. i open the back door and she comes rushing in. last night she wanted to sleep on a rug next to the bed but she was purring so loudly i had to put her out cos i couldn't sleep!! bless. i hope her real owners don't mind. she's really sweet and likes to snuggle up next to me on the sofa.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

I have three adorable guinea pigs--their names are Violet, Kisses, and Petunia. They're my sweet little angels--anytime I'm moving around the apartment, they're wheeking their little hearts out, begging me for food.

I spent the last week being totally OP and then I totally blew it last night. I got home from work and instead of fixing dinner right away, like I usually do, I was going to dinner at my parents' house and needed to kill an hour. But I was SO hungry. I wolfed down 4 fat free hot dogs covered in cheese, two slices of turkey breast, and the topping off of some leftover pizza. Then I went to dinner, ate turkey breast and drank a big glass of milk. I came home and ate an Almond Delight (which is what I had been craving all night) and had another glass of milk. After I was done binge-ing, I figured up the points for it all and ended up being 11 points over for the day. Oops... What's worse is that I did all of this the night before WI.

So, instead of laying on the couch like I wanted to after eating all of this, I decided that I should at least be a little bit active so not all would be lost. I got so much cleaning done in 2 hours, it's just unreal. I managed to do dishes, re-arrange my dresser drawers, go to the grocery store, pay bills, make my lunch, go to my parents' house to drop a couple things off, feed the pigs a three-course meal, and more in that little bit of time. Now I don't feel so bad for pigging out last night

Well, that's all I know, I'll check back in later!

Kirsty--Oohhhhh, your adopted pet sounds super-sweet!
Old 06-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #3  

Wink

Good morning Kirsty! (And everyone else)

Let me just say first, I was checking out our photo thread, and we are a FINE BUNCH OF SKINNY LADIES!!!

Kirsty ~ We have a dog, his name is Zeus. He is a black lab and is 6 months old. He is very trying (labs are considered "puppies" the first 3 years) but I love him anyway. This morning his chewed up my son's basketball.....oh well.....

Well, it is another gorgeous day. Suppose to be in the low 80's today. Of course, I have to work all day, but I do get off of work by 4 p.m., so there is still plenty of daylight left.

Eating has been not so stellar. But, I am going to kick it into gear. Today I brought a good breakfast/lunch, so I am trying!!

I think I will start up a journal thread again.....

Well, back to work, will post more later!!
Old 06-18-2002, 08:55 AM   #4  

Angry

Good morning Jess, must of run into you in cyberspace!!
Old 06-18-2002, 09:36 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Kirsty, Tonya, Jess and everyone else yet to check in!

Kirsty - in answer to your poll, I don't have any pets. In my entire life, the only pets I've ever had were 2 fish. I cried so hard when each of them died that I vowed no more pets.

Tonya - good luck with getting started back up. I've had a really lousy month or so of eating (only massive exercise has kept me from weight gain) but had a totally OP day yesterday and like you packed a healthy breakfast and lunch for today.

Jess - We've all been where you were last night. Good for you on accomplishing so many household chores and remember - today is a new day!

Do any of you use The Firm workout videos? I'm getting a little bored with my gym routine so I've decided to shake things up for a few weeks by going to the gym only 3 days a week instead of 5 and working out at home instead. I rented a bunch of work-out videos from the library and have fallen in love with The Firm videos. Who knew that you could get such a great work-out by spending an hour in front of your TV?!?

Time to get to work. Will try to check in later.

Winter
Old 06-18-2002, 09:52 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone! We have no pets but DH is trying to convince me to get a little lab puppy! After reading Tonya's post I am not so sure-they are really considered puppies for the first three years?????
I was OP yesterday-even though we ate out-I had baked fish and 1/2 of a baked potato, and three small dinner rolls
Today I left my journal at home-but I am going home for lunch..
I spent some frustrating time this morning trying to post a picture of the wedding-I'll try again when i get home-they kept saying it was too big!!!
We finally got a grill-now we just have to get it put together and we can have shish kebab for dinner!
How is everyone doing?
Old 06-18-2002, 01:37 PM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hello ladies...

Well, today is my normal weigh in, but we're not having our WW at work because my leader is on vacation. So I weighed in at the gym, and I'm up one pound (and I have calibrated the two scales...so I think I'm really up one). Probably because of drinks.. . I had 2 on Tuesday, 2 on Thursday, and 6 on Saturday (actually 2 drinks and half a scorpion bowl, which is equal to 4 drinks). UGH. Then Sunday I made mexican rice - which was only 4 points for a cup.... but of course, by the end of the evening... I had eaten 3 cups!

But here's the real reason I need advice. My roommate was getting a bit jeoulous that I was losing so much weight... so she joined in. She's been foloowing WW with me, but not going to meetings. She's lost 20 pounds since Jan and looks great. But she's been getting really bored of it lately and sometimes is sick of hearing me ramble on as I do about points, etc.

So, she hit a plateau about a month ago, but was still following the program until she went home for a weekend. Since she's been back, she said she's sick of the same old foods, and instead of finding new low-point foods, she's started buying full-fat cheese, having her lattes made with cream, she ate 1/2 gallon of reece's penut butter ice cream in 3 days, and then a pint of ben and jerrys in one sitting the day after she finished her half gallon.
We went to dinner and she ordered a cheese burger, fries, ate the whole thing, plus the nachos the table ordered for appetizers.

I want to be there for her and say something... but I know when I'm losing weight, if anyone ever told me what to eat I'd freak on them. Even now... I'll eat what I want... I know what I'm doing, and if I want ice cream, I'm going to have it!

But I also would hate for her to totally lose sight of how far she's come.

Any ideas?

Jess - 11 points over isn't that bad at all!!!! I wouldn't consider 11 points blowing a week of being OP. Please... I've had those 20-30 points over days.... now those are days to worry about.

Tonya - your picture is awesome. You've got the greatest hair style too. The weathe is nice here as well... I don't want to be here!

Winter - I'm hooked on Claudia Schiffer's videos. Her abs video knocks me out!

Lori - I love labs. I have a black lab back home in Mississippi named Harley and I love him so much. When I can get a real place one day, I want a chocolate lab named Lily.

Okay ladies.... talk to you all again soon.

Lisa

(if it's okay, I won't change my sig to +1 since it wasn't an official weight in... but it looks like I'm back at 145 - ugh)

Lisa
Old 06-18-2002, 02:07 PM   #8  

Default whoo hoo!

I tried on that dress I bought last week and it zips!!! And it is PMS week-for once I can't wait for weigh in on friday!
Old 06-18-2002, 02:08 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone

We're busy at work for the next few weeks but I'll try to get in every now and then. I've been really good about being OP during the week but my weekends I just go crazy. BF is going out of town for a week so at least I won't have to watch him eat or go out for nice dinners. I can sit at home with my fun diet food.

My pets may come as no surprise - a horse! And he's not actually mine and his owner is trying to sell him (I'll cry when he goes) but I also have a cat. He came with the house when we moved in. The last owner was cooking pork chops when the cat showed up and so he named him Chops but we can him Scabs because the first time we pet him he had one. He's basically a big slut and will purr and cuddle with anyone who passes by.

Anyway, hi to everyone - I'll try to check in later.

KT
Old 06-18-2002, 02:09 PM   #10  

PS does anyone else eat a lot of pickles? i know they're high in salt but very few points!
Lisa-Did you have scorpion bowls at Ahn Tain?
Fire and ice was yummy
Old 06-18-2002, 03:48 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lori - I'm glad you had fun at Fire and Ice.... I'm going to have to go there soon.

We got scorpion bowls at Hong Kong's in Faneul Hall. There's one in Fanuel Hall near the Black Rose and one in Harvard Square near the Bow and Arrow. Where's Ahn Tain? I've never heard of it.

Lisa
Old 06-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Takin' a Break...

I've worked my butt off all darn day, I think I'll take a break to post...

I forgot to mention on Monday's thread that I saw some people from high school over the weekend. Nobody recognized me. Instead of making me happy, it really kind of depressed me. Jeez, was I THAT fat before? It's not like I've lost 100 lbs, only about 30--can that amount make me look like an entirely different person? I guess I thought my friends would know me no matter what I looked like... One of the girls I saw just saw me about a year ago, I thought for sure she'd recognize me, but she didn't. It just makes me feel like she wasn't really that good of a friend.

Well, WI is tonight. Even though I sort of blew it last night, if I'm not down tonight, I'm not sure there's enough encouragement in the world to keep me with WW. Luckily, my leader is out of town tonight and the receptionist is running the meeting--she's SO much better than he is. Last week he made a totally off-color comment to the entire group. You guys may remember him making a comment to me that upset me (about my boyfriend liking me better if he didn't buy me Greek for dinner), but that was just in front of me. Some lady said that she didn't like wearing shorts. He said "Because of the weight or the varicose veins?" What the ****? I could not believe he said that. That's not funny. I don't know what to do about him and I don't know if I'm the only one who doesn't like him. If there were more people in the group who dislike him like I do, maybe the group of us could do something about him.

OK, enough of my rambling---let's respond to some other posters!

Tonya--Looks like we posted at the same time! Hello to you too! Don't you hate being trapped indoors on beautiful days? (Even though getting off at 4 is great).

Winter--Sounds like you found something you really like for working out... I'm still pondering getting those Pilates videos that Becky got. I'd like to try them.

Lori--What a gorgeous bride! Thanks for posting those pictures! Yes, plenty of pickles for me, too! Congrats on the dress success!!

Lisa--Thanks for the encouragement! Hearing "I wouldn't consider 11 points blowing a week of being OP" from someone as successful as you've been makes me feel SO much better... The thing about your roommate is a tough one. I'll think on it overnight and maybe have a solution for you tomorrow.

Hello KT!!

OK, i better get back to work. See you ladies tomorrow!
Closed Thread