Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 07:02 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi to everyone!

Terri, you are really moving ... how cool to be able to accomplish that in front of your son's teammates and friends! You really are doing great!

It's good to hear that you're walking so much Satin. That really does feel good, doesn't it?

I've been pretty inactive this past week. Threw out my back last Wed., it finally feels better this morning. It's an old (football ? ! LOL) injury from 3 years ago. All I did last week was some stretching on Fri. and Sat., walked around the block w/my grandson. Today it's feeling okay. It really ticked me off, as I've been exercising, and feeling pretty strong and flexible. Now it's over, and onward and upward!

Have a great Monday!

Jen
Old 10-31-2000, 12:44 AM   #2  

WOW SATIN!!!! 6 lbs.? Wonderful! You are right, the past is the past! You are doing great! 4 miles a day is awsome!
Inspirational!

Jen,
Hope your back is doing better!
Thanks for your wonderful and motivating words,
Terri
HI EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 10-31-2000, 05:59 AM   #3  

Thanks Points -

I was just starting to slip and I read your post you are right I can do this. I was eating cause I was angry. When I got home from my walk from work, everyone was just sitting around waiting for me to cook supper. Not even the dishwasher was emptied. What were they waiting for their slave to get home. I just stomped into the kitchen and started eating. I had a great day except for the last two hours. Well, now I have to go our and get a little something for my secret pal at work, I will try to stay out of the candies myself and drink another bottle of water to clean out the last two hours.

Well, thanks for listening
Satin
Old 10-31-2000, 06:24 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Satin!! I totally neglected to mention your loss when I started the new thread. Wonderful! That's so cool to have a big loss like that, puts you on top of the world, and is great incentive to keep it up.
Families have a way of working against you sometimes...just give yourself a pat on the back and don't give in to old habits.
Hang in there!

Jen
Old 10-31-2000, 07:18 AM   #5  

Satin!! Glad I could help. I hate that when I come in and there are dishes in the sink etc... Gimme a break! I feel for you. Let's just get on here and leave em'. ()The dishes that is.) Wish it were that easy. LOL I hope the rest of the day went better.
Remember you CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! We are here if you need us. I know we will need you too. I have a post that I kept that people put on their fridges. I'll find it and re-post.
It is a good motivator.
Good luck tomorrow. It is a daily struggle isn't it?
WHAT A LOSS!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 10-31-2000, 03:45 PM   #6  

Helllllooooooo Buddies!

I haven't forgotten about you. My reply didn't go thru yesterday morning. It said my connection was lost I'm going to look for another internet server. I'm getting fed up with AOL.

Satin, you go girl!!!! I can't relate with you when it comes to people waiting around for me cause my son has been on his own since he was 22 so it's just me & hubby. He helps me alot. If he didn't I'd do Taebo on him!! (kidding)

Terri, Jen, how's it going? You know I'm not looking forward for today, "HALLOWEEN". Yesterday I went to the supermarket after work & right smack in front of me was a BIG bowl of all kinds of chocolates. By that time I'm starving but I just quickly tried to focus on something else. They had my favorites too, Kit Kats Today will be a struggle for me, especially at work but I'm going to try real hard. I never made it to my meeting this weekend but I'm going Friday morning.

Terri, try to find that post. I think we're all going to need it after today.

Have a great day everyone

Old 10-31-2000, 07:04 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

BOO
.......and Happy Halloween!

Another fresh start to a new day....one that will be full of many challenges for us all. What is your absolute favorite candy?

Essie, you've already said it's Kit Kats....have one and be done!

My Mom always served apple cider and donuts on Halloween, and I have continued the tradition since 1981. I'll have one donut and be done!

That's all we can do.
Have a fun day.
Jen
Old 10-31-2000, 08:47 PM   #8  

Tomorrow is Nov. 1st. A new month and tonight I will enjoy a little. Not a lot! I'm eating low points of the healthy stuff. If I don't eat a little candy I will feel so deprived. So I'm going into today with attitude of planning to go off a little. Instead of trying not to and eating all my points in healthy food and then giving in late tonight. Cause I know I will do that. So I have it my plan to eat a little. No deprivation for me. That is my downfall.
My favorites are reese cups. I eat 4 minis almost everyday so I will not have any today. I will opt for snickers!!!!
The candy I got for hubby to pass out is stabbursts and skittles. Kids love em' I hate em'. I already plan on taking 2 pieces
of candy out of each "Wonderful sharing" child's bag(When they aren't looking.) I'm set. 2 parties at school today. No problem. I'm taking my ff pringles.

Eat a kit kat and enjoy. Eat it when you are alone and savor it. Jen, MMMmmm, love the tradition! I'll bet your kids loved that. To pass on a tradition is wonderful!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Terri
Old 11-01-2000, 04:27 AM   #9  

I just got back from Bradley and Brandon's parties and in Bradley's
room a little girl passed out goody bags.
In the goody bags were jaw breakers (the big kind). I did not allow Bradley
to eat his, I don't like them. Well, a boy (big boy-tall) in his class
started to choke and he was making gasping noises and his teacher (barely
100lbs.) started pounding on his back. I was clear across the room. I know
not to pound on the back and everything seemed in slow motion. I ran over
and by the time I got there the boy fell to the floor and was turning blue.
The teacher was tring to get him up. I grabbed him up and I gave him the
Heimlich. Never did it before in my life. The da** thing shot clear out
into the hall. Then the poor thing started throwing up all over the place.
He was crying and I just grabbed him and I was shaking so hard! I had to
sit down. I thought I was going to pass out. That convinced me to take
classes now. His teacher paniced. She took classes but just paniced. She
grabbed me when school was over and just started crying. She kept saying
"if you weren't there..."
I had to leave and go to Brandon's room after things settled down. When I
came back up Jacob grabbed me and hugged me and said "Thank you for saving
my life." He made me cry. His mom was coming to get him. Bradley said
(Made everyone laugh) "I'm the son of the savior." What a day!
I knew not to like those things. No hard candies for this house. My
daughter choked on one of those red and white candies before but it came
right up.(When she was 4) That is when I banned them.
Whew! Have a safe and happy Halloween.
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 10-31-2000).]
Old 11-01-2000, 04:28 AM   #10  

Goodevening everyone,

My computer is in my den & very close to the front door so I'm sitting here answering the door & reading everything I can to stay motivated.

Terri, I had planned to go off a little today. I think I over did it! I'm not going to sweat it. I'm enjoying the holiday & tomorrow will be a totally OP day.

We had a party at work. There was chocolate, chips & dip, loads of cake & cookies. There was one woman that's on Atkins & I could see how hard it was for her. I left around 3:45. It started at 3:00 so I wasn't around all that junk food for too long. They had great costumes. I went as myself One attorney who always has a comment, asked me if it was a religious thing. I felt like answering her in a snotty way but I didn't. It's not my style. I just didn't know what to go as & the costumes I liked were so expensive. I've learned to ignore her.

Jen, that's sound so nice & old fashioned. I love traditions. Have fun

Myra, Satin, Dianne hope you're enjoying the holiday.

Have a good night.
Old 11-01-2000, 02:06 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone, I survived.... Oh my gosh Terri, I would have been so scared, bless you for being there... You are a true hero, and I know the little boys mother would agree.
Well Leader Training was soooo scary, I had to give a presentation and everything, but I did it now I have 4 weeks of mentoring then I will offically be a LEADER..... I don't know what possible good I can do all of you, you are all so motivated and full of energy. I consider it a good day if I don't sit around thinking about what to make for dinner.
Keep up the good work all of you, we have a staff luncheon on Saturday to introduce the new stuff for 2001, I will tell you what I can when I can,but for now I gotta run and try to get some sleep.
Thanks soooo much for all your support through this leader stuff, and drink your water.... Janie
Old 11-01-2000, 06:17 PM   #12  

Terri, I decided to check in before I go out today. I decided to take the day off. I'm supposed to be off election day but if you decide to work it you can have another day off & I chose today. Anyway, we must have been posting at the same time yesterday & I logged off as soon as I finished my post.

"You are", that boy's savior!! I've always been afraid of hard candies. When my son was small he wasn't allowed to have them. Till today when I see children sucking on hard candies I keep a close watch. The good Lord had you there at the right time.

Janie, are you doing this fulltime or do you work & are going to do this on the side? Just curious I just need a change in my life so I'm searching around.

Hubby is rushing me cause he's off today too. Be back later.

Have a nice day
Old 11-01-2000, 07:53 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, I got tears in my eyes when I read your account of what happened yesterday. That little boy is alive because of you. Thank God you were there and took action. What an incredibly happy ending!

Essie, good for you in ignoring that snotty woman! Dressing up for adults is over-rated, I truly think; the fun is oohing and aahing over the kids' costumes.

Janie, glad you got through your presentation okay. Wow....in 4 weeks we'll have an official leader in our group! Pretty elite!

Myra, how are you? I've missed your posts.

Dianne and Satin, hi!

Have a great day everyone
Jen
Old 11-02-2000, 12:24 AM   #14  

Thanks everyone with your responses to my scary Halloween. I can live w/o that kind of scare.
Congrats Janie and good luck!

Essie,
I can see us typing at the same time. hehehe
Out time was only a minute apart. Great minds think alike. LOL

Jen,
I cried last night. You know after things settled down. I kept thinking, "what if..."
Good luck with the new month. NOVEMBER is here. Fresh!!!
We have 3 weeks til' Thanksgiving and we can get more off by then and then straight for Christmas and we will look so good for New Years. YEAH!!!!!
Have a great HUMP DAY!
Terri
Old 11-02-2000, 08:25 AM   #15  

Hi Everyone

And thanks for the great words of support. I have gotten over for being angry. I am doing okay. I am trying to make some healther choices like the food additives and such. Anyway, I think this will take some time but it will come. I did go to my karate dojo to talk about coming for the workout and katas. It went well, my sensei says that I can come back for the workouts and he will state that absolutely no break falls for me. Yeah!!! I can do take downs if I want but no falls or sparring. So, starting next week I am back!!!!!!!!!

Later and lighter
Satin
Closed Thread