Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 06:43 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Friday--thank goodness ~~ May 3

Good morning everyone! Its sunny outside and its FRIDAY! wooohooooooooooooooooo! Can y'all tell I'm happy?

Be back in a minute...gotta go get some water...make yourselves comfortable...I'll be back...
Old 05-03-2002, 07:02 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking First of all...

...I was told to go home about 15 minutes early yesterday because of the tornado watch. The sky was strange looking. But no rain. I hurried home because by the time I was there the sky was getting dark and I wanted to cook my dinner before the electricity went out or something. The sun came out for a little bit. Sky got dark again. Then....nothing. But we have a lot of wind this morning but its clear skies!

I talked with my parents last night--did I tell y'all they are finally getting a computer?! It wasn't supposed to be delivered until next Tuesday and then that following Saturday I was going down there to put it together and get them on-line. Gateway decided they needed it sooner obviously! Sooooo Wayne and I are going down there for the day on Sunday--leaving extra early. Which this is great because now when I go down to Va. Beach to visit I can keep in touch with y'all. They were under a tornado watch also.

I have to say this first...

Sharon! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! Yes, I know your birthday isn't until Sunday but because I'm not going to be here I didn't want you to think I forgot! Are you planning anything special? Are the kids flyin' in from Colorado? (((HUG))) How old are you this year? 21?

Emmy, I think that is great that y'all are holding a fair/party for the firefighters in your town. The decorations sound beautiful. Of course, they will want to take home the decorations! One thing you have to remember about using koolaid for hair dye if it gets on anything it will stain so you have to be really careful. And it does wash out--THAT was why I didn't freak out when my youngest wanted to use it. You have to try those vegan burgers--they really are good! Try Morning Star. They have a variety of different flavors. I used to like Boca but got tired of them.

Donna, I'm with you about tatoos. Those things are just too permanent. I would ALMOST rather see a kid with their nose pierced than with a tatoo. Hmmm...not that I like piercings in untraditional places on the body...oh golly...let's not go THERE okay? I'm sorry about the strife in your family (mom) and how its putting a halt to your celebrating your graduation with your family...BUT...you must celebrate! How about at least going out to dinner...twice...one dinner party with your mom in it and another dinner party with your other members of your family? Could you do that? That is a wonderful accomplishment--going back to school and getting a degree. You didn't say if it is an associates or a bachelor's. Either one is great. Going back to school as an adult with a family is hard. I did that when I was in my early 30's--when my girls left for school I did too. I remembered studying with a book in one hand and cooking (stirring a pot) with the other. It pays off. BTW, today is Honors Day at the university where I work. AND...you can reverse bank--these things happen but you can do this! Drink a lot of water. It will help flush out your body.

Pat, I was wondering what the latest is about Mike. He has his hands full for sure with those boys and his farm. I'm glad to hear that he's working. You have the right attitude though. Now to find you an apartment...you know how I feel about that. (((HUG)))

Joyce, a big PFC CONGRATULATIONS to you for losing 1.8 lbs. this week! <high-five!> Have fun today on your day off! Wish I had today off too! I can't wait for next month--then I'm only working 3 days a week for two months! woooohooooooooooooo!

Christine, glad that you didn't have a tornado or bad weather. They scare me to death! Good luck when you weigh in today.

Judy, I know you're going to be busy with your family now that Sam in here but please try to check in with us...okay? You will be so missed if you don't.

Okay...gotta go...gotta get ready for work...
Old 05-03-2002, 07:26 AM   #3  

"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day. la la la la la la la la, Everythings go..oing my way" Oops did you hear that. Sorry. It's FRIDAY! Gosh I am sooooo very glad it's Friday. And if it's Friday it's WI day for me. AND......I lost 2.5 pounds! I'm happy! Couldn't ya tell?

Ok, there was lots of conversation yesterday in the cafe and I need to go back and re-read stuff. I was way too tired last night to catch up.

BBL
Old 05-03-2002, 07:39 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default WOWSER

CHRISTINE! (((HUG))) CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! <high-five!> Congrats on that 2.5 lbs. GONE FOREVER and EVER! I know this has been a struggle for you! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! Good job!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:12 AM   #5  

Ok I'm back. Gosh I had a lot of stuff to catch up on.

Gail - Thank you very much. You know my fantasy was to lose 5 pounds this week but I was tickled with the 2.5. I've never tasted the PB skinny cows. Maybe I'm imagining it and they don't make them. I don't know. Such a nice daughter you are setting up your mother's computer. Just one thing to remember. Erase the cookies from your check in to the PFC...ya don't want your mother following you in here do you? Is she still doing WW? Have a great time!

HC - Sounds like you're having a great time with Sam there. And yes it'll chill out after a while and the novelty will wear off and you'll begin to think that's she's always been there. LOL Love Preston's name for Sam. I'd think it was AweSome too! Are you off work today?

Joyce - I think it's great that you get to work extra hours so you can take these Friday's off. Wish I could do that. We do have what we call flex time. But in order for me to work extra hours I'd have to drive to work myself everyday and gas costs too much for me to do that right now. My vehicle is a gas hog! CONGRATULATIONS on your Loss! You're doing great!

Sharon - You got a new boss. Did I miss something. Sounds like your boss is the sister or brother of mine...nit picking and non-believing. I could add a few more observations about mine but will leave it go. LOL Yes I travel 50-60 minutes to work and back, not near as long as your communte though. Hope you have a great day!

Emmy - That breakfast sounds like a great idea. I like your flower arrangment ideas. My son has wanted his hair colored different colors too but not permanently...just for spirit week and school and stuff like that. Are you headed to the camper this weekend?

Donna - I am in awe of all you've done. I may not have known you very long but I'm proud of you going back to school with small (should I say mid-size?) children at home and all that motherhood entails too. Now for your strategy with TOM, just keep on doing what you need to do and within 1 1/2 weeks it'll all flush itself out and what a surprise you'll get then. Pooh!, I remember that name too! That was from when I first started posted at 3FC's. Sharon and HC post here of course. And Steph and Cindy are still at the WHW link. Sandi hasn't been posting Hmmm, wonder what Pooh's up too.

Oh and one more thing Donna. I have a feeling that the PFC will be open and hopping for a grand graduation celebration on May 29, 2002! Stop by, we've been known to throw wild cyber-space parties!!!!!!!

Ok, really must get back to work now.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #6  
banned

Good morning PINKIES

Just a quick note to check in! Gail I miss you guys too if I can't check in everyday!

I'm being hauled away from the computer already...Teri and Sam want to go out shopping and to lunch. I don't know where we're going but I'm going to do my darndest to stay OP! Gawd they don't make it easy lately though.

I'll try to check in tonight and post individually... hope everyone is having a good day!! Make that a GREAT day!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking

Christine, well, I'm wishing for a 5 lb. loss tomorrow...but I know in reality that is not going to happen. I'll be okay with ANYTHING in the negative. Just as long as the numbers are going in the right direction--down. Gosh...I hadn't thought of THAT...I'll make sure to do that--erase cookies off of Mom's computer...oh geez...something else to worry about--her finding out EVERYTHING about me!

Judy, I know you're having a great time with your girls (I'm going out to lunch with my girls tomorrow). Soooo glad you're checking in with us. Now...you can stay OP...you can!

OH! Forgot...I was OP yesterday and I banked 3 points.

CONFESSION TIME: I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes last night. And even though I walked slower, I'm paying for that this morning. My foot REALLY aches. Now...I know for myself WHY I need to stay off the treadmill.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #8  

Good Morning Pinkies I"m here, went to chiropractor and then had to stop at Wal-Mart to get batteries from DD.

I was OP yesterday, at the max again.. but I did it.
For the Skinny Cows:
Vanilla with Strawberry topping 2 pts
Chocolate with Chocolate Fudge topping 3 pts.
They are good, but only 4 per package @ $4.19 5 oz each.

Gail-Hope your foot get better and you rest it today so you can walk ok when you go down to see your parents on Sunday. Enjoy your day in Va Beach.

Christine-High <<<5>>> I guess the walking is doing you good, hope it shows that for me next week too.

Emmy-Hope I didn't bore you last night. I got lots going on in my life right now and too much is negitive. When you live with someone that is over 300 lbs and eats all the time, smokes, drink sofa and just watch TV... doesn't make a very pretty picture. I'm going to look again this weekend at apts, cause I am tired of coming home to someone that is in a bad mood all the time.

Sharon-Hope your not too busy today. We didn't get any bad weather last night, just some rain. Oh course I had some nut case trying to kill herself outside my bedroom window at mid-night last night and having her bf(?) and a lady running after her, screaming, she is going to try to kill herself again...

Joyce-Enjoy your day off, hope your doing something fun today.

Judy-Enjoy your day with the girls and of course your grandson. We will be here waiting to hear all about it.

Donna-WOW, that is great. I hope you have a wonderful party after graduation. I know what you mean about the tatoos and body piercing. My dd has 4 tatoos now and don't ask about body piercings, was really upset with her when she did them. We have our days, but lately it not many good ones. The gk make up for it.

Ok, I need to get some work done, too nice to be in here, which I had off today... see everyone later..
Old 05-03-2002, 12:14 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning everyone

Christine - WOOHOO Way to go!! Doesn't it feel grand when it all comes together and the scales go down!! That's a long commute you have too. We used to live up into the mountains and had a 45 minute commute in good weather. Let it snow then it seemed like forever. Sometimes even had to walk the last 1/4 mile. Yuck!! So glad we live 20 minutes from work now!!

Gail - I'm glad you didn't have any of the severe storms either. Wish I could get a new computer too. I guess this old slowpoke with the tiny screen will do for now. I get spoiled by using that fast one at work. And take care of that ankle - don't want to have to start all over and wait another 6 weeks.

Pat - I'll be hoping that you find a new apt. I can't imagine being around someone who is on a continual downer. So here's a PFC HUG and WISH for you to find something this weekend.

Donna - I'm with Gail - You have to do SOME kind of celebration. Maybe even just take you and your kids out. May 29th. I think I heard Christine say we might have a party too. I love these cyber-parties.

Judy - Have a great day shopping with your girls!!!!

Hi emmy

Hi Sharon Doesn't slow down til Aug! Yikes. Hope you can take a break and come join in more often anyway!!

It looks like it's going to be a nice day here. No clouds, a little windy. And I'm going shopping. Been closet shopping again and going thru my dresser. I got a problem My pants are all too big. Got a few pair that I bought a while ago that fit. Got lots of tops I can wear. Been buying ones I like even though they were too small. But - my biggest need is underwear. I haven't gone down in size too much in that department because my older ones were way stretched out, then when I bought new ones thay had to be the same size. Now I am actually down a size. Soooooo off to the store.

Bye
Old 05-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #10  

Joyce Thanks for the hug and understanding. I will look, but won't hop into the first thing I see either.

Gail Is it 5 yet? Oh, I can't wait to get out of here. I'm tired today and don't want to do any work. Chrisitne left for the day, so we didn't walk today. But I walked to the bank and to get a salad for lunch.

to Sharon, Emmy, Judy, Donna and everyone else.. oh yes, Christine I won't repeat what she said today.. she can be so bad, but we got a good laugh... it shows where our minds go...

42 oz water
at 15 pts for the day...
Old 05-03-2002, 03:17 PM   #11  

I'm home. So glad to start the weekend early.

Judy - I have visions of them dragging you out of your chair and off to the mall all before you get to hit the submit button on your post. Luckily it posted, huh? I know you're having a ball. Keep on checking in when you can.

Gail - Gail Gail, apparently Wayne's radar wasn't working last night to call you and warn you off that treadmill. How's it feeling today? Have fun at lunch tomorrow. I'm going to be packing to go off to camp.

Pat - Sorry we couldn't walk today, next week. Gosh if we had gone out we could have flown instead of walked. Dang wind.

Joyce - Usually after a loss like this one, I'll either maintain or gain the next week. I'm PINKIE Determined not to let that happen. No sirree. <sigh>

Ok, I've actually got to get my son packed and ready to go to boyscout camp at 5 p.m., then the rest of us off to our camp. We'll be back Sunday mid-day because my nephew's birthday party will be Sunday and ds will be home around 1-2.

So Sharon, Joyce, Judy, Gail, Pat, Emmy and Donna, you all have a great OP weekend. Let's keep our challenge going straight through the weekend ok. Dang I miss posting when I'm not home....
Old 05-03-2002, 04:37 PM   #12  

Ok Pinkies, everyone have a wonderful OP weekend. I am off to pick-up my gk and then to work at the mall (Lerners)... Grandson asked me to pick him up tonight from school (daycare). Apt shopping in the am tomorrow, then working 3-10pm at Disney and Sunday good old wash (laundry mat ) and workin 12-6pm at Disney.

See everyone later... Christine, enjoy your weekend at camp
Gail enjoy you day trip to VA Beach
Judy....waiting for your report with the dds'
Sharon, hope you can relax this weekend
Joyce-did you get any good buys?
Donna, waiting to hear more about you
Emmy... are you camping this weekend too?

Ok... anyone else??? did I miss anyone.. I'm out of here...
Old 05-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

Afternoon

Well, no big haul at the store. I bought a pair of pants. Mislabeled - I should have looked them. The size is my current size but these are at least one size too small. But I will put them in my "shopping closet" for a later day. And in the underwear department. The brand I like, my sizes were all gone. grrrrrrrr But I got some Rubbermaid tubs to put stuff in to store stuff under the beds.

Now I have to go clean up my kitchen. I put some stew meat in my electric frypan and some water and I forgot. It bubbled water all over my counter and into a drawer that hadn't been shut all the way. So I have to go clean out a kitchen drawer that got water in it that ran all the way to the back of the drawer and made a mess. And its the drawer with all the little utensils that I probably will have to wash. I gotta go look but I'd rather tell you guys about it rather than go clean it. I'm procrastinating.

Christine - I like that "PINKIE determined" ME TOO!!!!!

I guess I better go --- <sigh>

later
Old 05-03-2002, 06:53 PM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Not Enough Time....

...to post to y'all individually. I am packing up the boys and heading to the camper. DHhas to work but I have to work next weekend so I AM GOING!! The computer up there so I won't be able to get on...but I will check on you guys Sunday night. I will be home earlier this Sunday than last...I hope so !!!!

I WILL stay OP !! I WILL stay OP!!

emmy
Old 05-03-2002, 11:04 PM   #15  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Well, managed to stay OP today...even managed to reverse bank a few more...

Had to go to the Registrar's office today at my school. I still haven't heard word about my certificate in Hospitality Management. (BTW Gail, I'm getting an Associates in Business Management - Career, a cetificate in Small Business Management and this other certificate in Hospitality) It seems that they're not too sure which year's certificate criteria my classes apply to or how to work it out (I was a student there back in '87 and have LOTS of classes). Nothing like the last minute crunch to get the blood pumping...

As far as any type of celebration, I was thinking of either just the kids and I going out to celebrate or take the immediate family to dinner, since I won't be able to have the party I really wanted (stupid family politics...) But I DO live the idea of a cyber party!

With all the talk of tatoos and such reminds me of my sisters - both are pierced. One has her belly button done and the other... won't say where - but yeah, around that area. They both have multiple tatoos. Nuh-uh...not for me...I worry about how it'll look when I'm old...One sister has a tiny fairy above her breast...I'm wondering if when she's 80, will the little fairy's legs become three feet long? As for me...no thank you. My piercings will be confined to the ones in my earlobes (one in each) but, maybe one day I'll play "Connect the Freckles" and see what shows up.

If I don't see you...have a good weekend!

Later!

Donna

Start Date: 4/29/02

267/???/150
Closed Thread