View Poll Results: What is your #1 motivation?
Looking great! 4 40.00%
Health concerns 3 30.00%
Someone in your life 0 0%
All of the above 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:15 AM   #1  
Canadian Chick

Default Tuesday Thoughts

Well it won't technically be Tuesday for another 14 minutes but close enough. Sounds like there were some not so happy moments this weekend. Hope the rest of the week is better for everyone.

Kim, Sorry to hear about bf's troubles. Glad he is ok. Did you know that symptoms of whiplash can take up to twoyears to present? Keep your eyes open & at first neck soreness get him to a massage therapist because the early you treat it the faster it heals. (Sorry for being the massage preacher again!)

Ali, sorry you had to make a tough call this weekend. One time one of our dogs ran away from my Dad's acreage & he was missing for five days. On the fifth day my Dad saw him slowly making his way across a field so he went & picked him up. Turned out the poor thing had been hit by a Semi on the highway (four miles from the acreage) & he broke his back & still tried to make it home. His back legs were paralyzed & he had to drag them behind him. It was soooo horrible. My Dad took him out to the pasture & put him down because the pain in his (the dog) eyes was unbearable. It was so hard but it had to be done. My Dad said that was the hardest thing he ever had to do. Anyway that's my sad dog story. Its amazing how a pet becomes another family member.

Belle, good to hear from you! That is so great that you finally got a job you want! Great to hear the family stuff is working out too. Sounds like your life is on track

Tonya, JenK, Winter, sounds like you all had a great shopping spree! I can't wait until we can make fun purchases that aren't wedding related! Its crazy how weddings seem to eat up any extra money!

Kier, hope your exams go well. Hard to believe you'e done another semester already! Hope your anxiety dreams turn into enjoyable yummy dreams (not food ones either!) What's happening with your sometime boy? Did you meet his Mom or what?

Jess, don't be so hard on your self girl! You made it to the gym 3 times onthe weekend? That's something! At least you didn't totally gorge & then not exercise at all!

Speaking of gorging & not exercising descibes my weekend pretty well I gave my self a stern talking to (via my journal) found some motivation & decided to go strictly OP today (Monday). I started out with great intentions. I journaled my food for breakie & lunch & ate reasonably well. Then the crap started streaming. I was so busy at work that by home time at 4 I was ravenous. I swung by home scarfed down ate lowfat granola bar & then went to pick up DF from work. We went & did some errands & then we were both starving. By that time I had my usual shakes & headache, dizziness etc. so we decided to just get food somewhere. We ended up going to our absolute favorite restaurant. I really debated going for a healthier entre but in the end because I was starving I went with my favorite Tortellini in Four Cheese Sauce, a huge serving too. Plus you get free bread so I ate a big square of that dipped in Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar plus on top of that we had an appetizer that had this cheesy dip for flat bread. Instead of being wise & making healthy choices, eating the right serving sizes, I gorged myself I was so stuffed after supper. I felt so guilty too. Then DF had to go to Wal-Mart for some stuff & he brought me home a big bag of Reeces Pieces! And guess what I ate at least half of them!! Argh! I feel like crap now. I also had plans to go to Aquafitness tonight but felt so bloated & crappy that I skipped it. Argh! Does anyone else ever feel like they sabatoge themselves?? I have been doing that a lot lately. It doesn't make any sense. I keep trading in my long term goals for short lived joy brought from food. I feel like sush a glutton right now. I want to learn how not to sabatoge myself. I am trapped in the endless cycle of being so committed to it & then totally off track. When I'm off track I fell crappy, guilty & am very down on myself. Not healthy mentally or physically. Argh! Thanks goodness tomorrow is a new day. I'll take another stab at it. I am heading to the gym first thing when I get up. Plus I have my meals all planned for tomorrow. That should help. Anyway sorry for going on & on ranting like this. I'm just feeling a little frustrated.

Other news in our life: we got approved for this awesome 3 bedroom duplex! We will probably be moving in there on the 27th or so. Very exciting! It is so big compared to our apartment now. Plus it has a yard & lots of features including air conditioning right in the master bedroom! Sweet! I packed a whole bunch on the weekend but there is still tons to do.

Oh yeah did any of you other Canadian chicks watch the Junos Sunday night?? I swear they were the best ones we've ever had! Man is there ever alot of great Canadian music out there! I thought BNL did a super job of hosting! They are so funny! That acapella song Great Big Sea did at the beginning has been stuck in my head ever since (We'll rant & we'll rover like true Newfoundlers, We'll rant & we'll rover on deck & below...) Anyway I thought the whole shwo was great!

Anyway this post is now officially a novella so I'll leave it at that! Talk to you all later

-Rina
Old 04-16-2002, 09:48 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yawn...

Oh my gosh, I am so tired... I had good intentions of being in bed early last night, but I didn't end up going to sleep until sometime close to midnight. Sunday night was close to 2 a.m. Last night was supposed to be catching up on sleep, but didn't end up happening. Oh well, it's my own fault.

Rina, it sounds like you're being really hard on yourself. Unfortunately, we all have days like that. The days that don't really follow schedule and are hectic when the best thing to do is just pick up dinner someplace. And when you're absolutely starving like you were, eating right goes right out the window. I think maybe that's something psychological--you deprived yourself so when you went out for dinner, your mind overcompensated and told you that since you were depriving yourself, you should spoil yourself for dinner. Besides, is there really anything wrong with spoiling yourself once in awhile? I don't think there is.

Mmmmkay, not much happening here. Went to a Mary Kay thing last night and I just know that they're not going to leave me alone. I have a skin care class scheduled for next Monday, sigh, and they're going to be calling me tonight to see what I think of their marketing plan or something. I just know they're going to pressure me to become a representative. And maybe someday I'd like to do it, but right now is just not a good time for that sort of thing. Maybe in five years...

WI is tonight, gulp. I was OP most of last week, but used all of my banked and activity points and don't feel like I probably lost a thing... Crossing fingers.

OK, I'm gonna put my face on and go to break.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:04 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls
Jess great site loved your wallpaper!
Ali just think your puppy is in Puppy heaven hes got a big ball a giant toilet to drink from and my dogs personal favorite a Giant rawhide bone

Rina I know the food frustration well just be strong and dont beat yourself up
as for me and sometimes boy I didnt meet his mom she was busy doing stuff and i was busy with other friends this weekend but he saved me from a breakdown on thursday last so he's alright by mee

foodwise i have been ok today
I had a bowl of cereal
2 bottles of diet coke approx 16 ozz each
and a turkey and veggie wrap
and this granola thingso at least not alot of bad junk so i'm ahead of the game
bbiab
Love Kier
Old 04-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #4  

Angry

Good afternoon!!

Well, not much new here. Working away, staying OP and exercising each night. I love the way control feels!!!!

With my DH working so much, I really think that is the reason it has been so much easier for me to stay OP. The kids and I make light dinners and we don't go out to eat. When I talk to DH, I better tell him he is the reason I am overweight!!!

I did a little more spring/summer shopping yesterday. Bought myself some capri's, sweater tank tops, and those cute white slip on tennis shoes. I feel so young. Oh, and the capris were a size 7. I am happy!!!

Well, work calls, better get going.

Check back later!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 04-16-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tonya WOOHOOO
may all of us reach a size 7 or 10 or even 14 one day you're inspiring!
Iim in the middle of writing a paper but i think i'll run awawy from the puter a bit as my eyes are falling out
i have been siting here for 3.5 hours doing this #@%!^%^@% thing soo i'm going to get up go eat my apple
SEE OP and good for me and see if i can wake up
oooh this was so bizarre
i helped this girl with the printer and later on she fixed it herself and said to her friend I asked that LADY how to do itt
LADY????
ME??
i was like IM no lady!
IM A GIRL DAMMIT
anywayy thats my trauma lol
bbl
Old 04-16-2002, 03:59 PM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello, again! Man, I just cannot make myself work today! I have this thing that's due tomorrow and I just don't feel at all like messing with it. I really gotta get myself together and work on this stupid thing. If I don't get it done today, I'll have to come in tonight and who really wants to go into work when you don't have to??

So, instead of working, I thought I'd come post. There have been 61 views and only 5 replies. Where the heck is everyone? I just can't believe how quiet it's been today.

I had a calzone for lunch, I can only imagine how many points that was. But that was all that I ate, so at least I can feel good about that.

My BF is making me angry. I'm having a stressful day and I just want to talk to him, but he's so busy goofing around (it's his day off today) with his friend that he can't even talk to me. So I got mad and hung up on him. Dammit, he just won't understand that I just need to talk to him and feel better. Guys don't get it...

OK, I gotta get this thing finished. Will check back one more time before leaving for the day...
Old 04-16-2002, 04:06 PM   #7  
Parrothead

Default remember me?

Hi all! I have been AWOL lately. I was travelling all last week for work and have just not been into WW. I think I made relatively good choices last week, but i still ate too much. I feel like I am slipping back into my old habbits and need a kick. I keep telling myself that I am going to join WW again and bring my membership current, but I find excuses not to go. This week is bad (TOM) so I am planning on re-joining next week. I think I am only 3 pounds over goal, but that is three pounds too many.

Anyway ~ I am not caught up on posts too well, but it sounds like a lot of you had a tough weekend.

As far as my life goes, I am loving my new job and just working hard at doing a good job. My friend with the cancer is doing OK. He has been through 3 treatments of chemo and has 9 left. His last blood test wasn't that great so I am hoping the tests this week are better. I am scared for their family and continue to pray for them. The house cleaning plan is in full force and the group of friends has paid for 6 months of house cleaning for them so far. My friend (his wife) is holding up really well, but I worry that she will break down soon. She almost seems too strong. Luckily a couple of us are really keeping an eye on her.

Well, I need to run! Take care!
Old 04-16-2002, 06:58 PM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hi everyone!

I have WI in about 20 minutes and I am definitely going!!
I am setting a new goal for myself...my 10 yr high school reunion is in August and I want to lose 25 pounds by then. I gained 10 since the honeymoon (July) and I really was feeling good about myself then. I look at the pictures and can really tell a difference!
I'm going to get some fake-bake, too! I hate going into the spring/shorts weather with the whitest legs on the face of the earth!! last year when I was tanning for the wedding, I loved wearing shorts and sleeveless tops. Now, it's another story.
Well, I need to find a mini-snack to tide me over until after the meeting.
Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:22 AM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

Sounds like you all had a pretty good day. Hope your WIs went well. I didn't make it to the gym today but I did manage toeat within my points. Last night I was so worked up about how my weight loss (or should I say lack of) has been going that I just could not stop thinking about it. With those thoughts, wedding plans, & moving creeping into my head I didn't manage to fall asleep until 5 am! Luckily I didn't work until 1:30 today so I ended up sleeping until 11:30. That didn't leave with any time to go before work. I was so busy after work that I am just burnt since I got home at 9. I promise I am going to go to tomorrow. I am really happy that I managed to eat within my points today. This is the first time I've managed to do that in a really long time. I think that's why I was upset with my day yesterday because it has been a daily occurrence for sometime & I really wanted to start fresh yesterday. Oh well today I did it & that's what's important. Now for day two....

Stacey, good luck with your new goal. Hope there was a good result at your WI tonight.

Tonya, I know what you mean about men not helping with eating healthy. My DF doesn't really care what his body looks like as long as he gets to eat what he thinks tastes good. That whole mind set is so bizarre to the way women think. Sort of not fair but what are you're supposed to do....

Kier, A LADY! That's funny! Last year this little girl at the play ground needed help getting down from the top of the monkey bars so I helped her & then I overheard her telling her mom about the really tall woman over there who helped!! Its shocking to hear ourselves referred to like a grown up I guess. I want to stay a gril as long as possible!! :P

Kay, glad to see you! Sounds like your friend with cancer has some great support around him. Hope everything turns out for the best. Good luck with getting to WI after TOM is done.

Stacey, I have those glaring white legs right now too!! I am going to do some tanning before our wedding too. I know its not healthy but I don't want to blend in with my dress. I have really fair skin normally but if I work at it I get obtain some color. They are advertising this new thing here at this salon where you can have a tan in 37 seconds by using their machine & its UV free? Has anyone else heard of this or know if it works?

Jess, yeah men aren't the best in the whole talking area but what are you gonna do? Hope you got your project done on time. I don't think it counts as spoiling when its been a regular occurrence I feel like I'm back on track now though. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement How did your WI turnout?

Hope to see you all tomorrow Take care & have peaceful, restful sleeps!

-Rina
Closed Thread