Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default Feisty and sexy 50 and 60's Year Olds 167

G'day all,

This hard-working person should be relaxing but someone has to start a new thread

Ann you did make me laugh with your photo taking experience, hope you will still get some good shots from the other people that were there.

The apartment is just great, lovely view over a very busy harbour and so far we have had all our meals on the balcony.
We had just sort of settled, emptied our cases , marvelled at the wonderful view when dh got a phone call from work 'can he go to India, like yesterday . I thought we had to pack up and go again but no they want him there for 2 weeks. He will probably leave on Tuesday or Wednesday.
There is no doubt about it, life is never dull

The mardi gras was just fun, we have never seen so many drag queens and weird and wonderful looking people at the one venue. The overiding thing was that no-one cared what anyone looked like and believe me, our eyes did almost pop out at times It was a beautiful balmy night and it is something we probably won't do again but it was a fun experience for just the once.

I have another project, ds partner would like me to find out some things about a chinese emperor. Next week I will be scouring the net for that information.

I did read all the posts but now I have started the new thread the only thing that I can remember is Ann's experience, oh well

See ya tomorrow all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-02-2002 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:27 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Good Day!

Maria: Your new apartment sounds great. And now you are going to have to enjoy it all by yourself for two weeks? What a bummer! What type of work will your dh do in India? Consulting?

Guess idiot behavior is easy to remember. I certainly felt stupid, when I got home and realized what I had done. But now I don't feel quite so bad as I read a couple of other 'true confessions' about the taking of photos.

I was a real wimp this weekend and didn't go to weigh-in. I knew I'd be up from the week-end and also had consumed some salty stuff and you know what that does.

Hi to everyone. Slavika--are you home, all tanned and with a lock of Toms hair?

"See' you all later. Ann
Old 03-03-2002, 05:37 PM   #3  

G'day all,

Well what a bad start to the morning, took me almost an hour to get to work by bus which is a 20-25 minute walk
There are a lot of meetings going on today so I thought I better look the part and catch a bus rather than getting to work all sweaty :

It is a miserable day here today but still very warm. DH is trying to get his visa extended today for India and will probably leave on Wednesday.

Ann he will be there to do a presentation on the benefits of using the company he works for as opposed to the opposition. All a bit complicated and I wished he did not have to go.

You are a bit of a wimp for not going to weigh-in but I can so relate!!! This weekend has been a shocker for food and drink so here it is monday and we are starting all over again :confused:. The 2 weeks dh is in India will hopefully give me a bit of a kick start.

Slavika you must be just about packing to come home again. Boy the month has flown. I arrived in Sydney the same day as you arrived in Hawaii, our month has not been quite as relaxing as your month has been.

Will check in a bit later again.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-03-2002, 08:41 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Talking

Maria: Your apartment sonds wonderful! Be nice to sit outside and have your meals. Soon it will be wrm anough here that we can do that. Sorry your DH is leaving you for a while.

Ann: You shouldnt feel bad. Im sure you can get some pictures from the other people. Yep salt will get you every time.

Have a great night all!

Old 03-04-2002, 08:02 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone...

I am sure that Slavika comes home tomorrow. We will all be happy to hear from her. She is a very positive thinking person, never sees the bad side of anything.
Lily.. I don't have anything on my PC that is worth a hackers time.. but I am going to put another fire wall up, as soon as the other is completely removed. My DD came home today and I told my dear Son-I-L about my problem. He said he will fix the problem (he didn't say when though..
Maria.. have you ever been to India? If you didn't have a job would you have gone with your DH? Thanks for starting the new thead..
Ann.. I think we have all had experiences with our cameras. When my DD had her Wedding Social, my DH was taking pictures all night, he took pictures of everyone... then he discovered he didn't put any film in the camera. I still tease him about that one.
We took Jessica home and it is so quiet here now, I miss her already. My DD had a great time in Cuba. They have a digital camera and they put the pictures on their TV and so we saw them already. I think those Digital cameras are great.

Bye for now
Old 03-04-2002, 09:36 PM   #6  

G'day all,

On an overcast warm day here in Sydney. I walked to work this morning, used a bit of extra deodorant instead of catching the bus

Went to the chiro again last night and tonight and Thursday night when I will have a break for a week or so I told her I just want to generally feel healthier and loose some weight, she told me to eat according to my blood type I have been surfing the net all morning and there is quite a bit of info on that theory. Have any of you heard of it???

Trudy Good to hear we will soon be hearing from Slavika again, I bet she had a wonderful holiday but will also be pleased to be home again.
No I haven't been to India other than on stop overs when in the 'olden days' you couldn't fly direct from Australia to Europe. The last time dh went to India I had just had my feet operated on and this time I am working. If I had not been working I would have gone with him or if it had been for a longer time.
I agree digital cameras are just the best but..... a certain person has been known not to have her battery charged up and the result of course has been the same as having no film

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-04-2002, 09:52 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I dont think I have anything on my puter either any one would want, cept for maybe Kyle. But its always good to be safe! Bet your glad your buddy will be home soon.

Maria: Never heard of eating by your blood type. What did you find out about it? Had to laugh at the digital not being changed up. Thats what I do! I forget all the time. Then grab it and of course it doesnt work.

So see Ann! We are all forgetful!

Have a great night all!

Alas I was gonna attached Kyle. But it looks like they turned off the image attachment. ALAS!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:52 AM   #8  

Maria check the book stores or library. There is a book out about eating for your blood type. My niece has it. I think that is the title of it. I think I an supposed to be a vegetarian. Can't wait till Slavika checks in and hear her stories of her trip. It is so cold here I would like to hear about some place warm. I have to go for a longer visit this morning for my arm study. They have you sit in a climate controlled room for 30 minutes and then they take moisture readings. Time to take the dog for a walk.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Happy!

Good Morning
I'm so glad I am not the only one who makes camera booboos! Makes me feel a lot better.:

I too have a friend who has done the diet by blood type. I don't even know what my blood type is. She didn't stay on it for too long. Guess it was a lot more restrictive than the WW program. I think on the 3FC site they have done a review of the program. At least I know I read it on the web somewhere.

We are having the coldest spring. It was 37deg. here this morning when my dh got up. I've worn my jeans and sweatashirts more this winter than I have in several years. I like the warm weather. This cool weather interferes with my exercise program. Can't swim every day. And am not inspired to walk when it is cold. Think I'm just getting to be an all around wimp.

I think we are all waiting to hear from Slavika. Don't we want to know if she saw Tom?

Trudy: Hope your Mom is progressing nicely.

Peggy: How much longer for your experiment?

Maria: I think I would prefer to stay in Sidney. India has never really appealed to me. But of course being with ones dh is incentive to be adventerous.

Hi all. Have a grest day. Ann
Old 03-05-2002, 03:29 PM   #10  
Fun Blonde

You all, I have done something I was waiting to see if anybody 'fessed up to regarding a camera. I actually took a roll of film to Wal-Mart for processing and it was a new roll, hadn't been used at all. Face was just a bit red, believe me!

Anne - I am a wimp too. We have had the nicest weather except for about 3 weeks altogether of unbearable cold weather. I would rather have just a normal winter where you don't hurt if you go outside.

Trudy - so Slavika should be nearing home. If she got that lock of Selleck hair, she is to share. I can't wait to hear her experiences in the sun. Trudy, do you have a magic solution to a problem I have been having. Really, it has been colder here that I ever remember, maybe a little bit more like you neck of the woods. My feet have been hurting and I haven't paid a lot of attention until one night my DH was rubbing them and said that the heels were cracked and bleeding (where I really couldn't see well). Anyway, that makes sense now. How do you keep that from happening? I use a file and lotion, but that obviously was not enough. Do you have an idea? Peggy, I need to do a test on feet, I guess.
Glenda
Old 03-05-2002, 05:05 PM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: SO how are the tests coming out? Is the stuff you are testing working?

Ann: I would like to go to India. Actually I would like to visit all the places. But I know it would never happen. Dont have that kind of money. Need to win the lottery

Glenda: I bet your face was red when they told you it was a new roll. Your poor feet. Bet they hurt.

Best get back to the grindstome. Im really tierd today and dont know why. I really want a nap.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:13 PM   #12  

G'day all,

A glorious sunny day in Sydney this morning. Walked to work again as did many others, the buses are on strike.

From what I remember Slavika should be heading back to home today.

Isn't the weather peculiar, we have had a very cool summer (still too hot for me ) and autumn is starting off quite warm, 28 degrees today. No-one seems to have a plausible explanation for the changes. I am not surprised to hear that your spring is a lot cooler than usual.

Glenda you made me get goosebumps with your heels, I could feel them look after them, that sounds sooooo painful. I use a very large emery type board, specifically made for getting rid of dry skin on the heel area and then I use a cream, again specifically for the prevention of the skin of heels cracking. I have never had them to the bleeding stage but I have been close. Since doing this once a week or so, my heels are almost attractive

As far as the 'eating according to your blood type' it is not meant as a weight loss program but more for general well being
I spoke to my chiro again last night about it as I have found many contradictions on the net. She said it is something worthwhile to be aware of and where possible avoid the foods that are not agreeable to your blood type. So I will just see how it goes.

Tonight we are off to see one of our favourite comedy shows that is made here in Sydney. Since being in Sydney we noticed at the end of the program they tell you that you can apply for tickets to be in the audience when it is being made. Should be fun.

Will check in later today.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-05-2002, 06:03 PM   #13  

Oh Glenda your poor feet. Have you tried putting Vaseline and socks on them at night? I just had a little sample of Burt's Bee's stuff for feet and I used it at night. It is thick like Vaseline. I am forever putting moisture cream all over me or else I itch. The stuff I am trying is an Olay product I am sure since we have to use Olay soap. I just have postage stamp sites marked in ink pen on my arms. There are 4 sites on each arm and they rub different things on each one except for 2 that they leave alone. The visit this morning turned out to take a looong time. The probes that they used wouldn't calibrate. It was over an hour before they got them working. We have to sit in a 67 degree room and it was very cold. I was glad that I was with a nice bunch of ladies that talked. It is weird because some of them won't say anything to anybody. I think the time goes faster when you are having a little fun. One lady has two awful children that fight all the time. She just ignores it. I hate to see them when they are teenagers. I was real happy not to see her today. Lily you need a job like Maria's. Ann I hope it warms up for you. Today is beautiful after the cold of the past few days. I never know what coat to wear. Finally got a long walk in today. It felt good to get out in the fresh air. Wonder what happened to Jennye and Maria yum. If you are out there check in. See you all later, Peggy
Old 03-06-2002, 10:23 AM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Good Morning

Just a quickie. Glenda: My podiaatrist told me to use Nivea cream. It seems to work well for my heels. I've also tried the Vasaline and socks at night. And one other thing that seems to work best for me is plain old Vicks Vaporub. It takes away the hurt, softens and heals the skin. (with socks at night):
Not too sexy, but who cares if it works.

Hi everyone. Welcome back Slavika.

'See' you later. Ann
Old 03-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Maria: How was the comedy show? Sounds like a fun evening. Havent been to something like that in a long time.

Peggy: I agree the time goes by faster when you can chat with the others. Cant believe some of them wont talk. That would be boring!
Spring left here at least for today. Its cold and rainy again ALAS.

Ann: If i works thats all that matters! I would think the Vapo rub would sting tho. It doesnt?

Later! :sheep:
Closed Thread