Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bethz : Weigh to go! That's a fabulous loss.
Enjoy the banquet and boys home and all the festivities. It sounds great.

SCraver, jogging to a workout class sounds very boot camp to me! Weigh to go. A little soreness reminds us of how good we've been. LOL>

Cherry, glad to see your post. How are you doing?

All goes well here. Hit a couple of eating snags last night, but I'm far from perfect, counted everything in, and am on track this day. for one hour and three miles. Hey, for a granny I'm mighty proud of myself.
Lots of company this weekend and I'll check in when I can.
Boot Camp--Here we are!!!!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland
Old 03-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Default back on track

I am back to healthful eating as of today. Only a 2 lb gain and that will be gone soon!!! I have veggie soup on cooking for dinner and will make salad. Need some protein to go with it.
I was wondering if anyone takes glucosamine for joint problems? I took some this week and I have been hubgrier than a bear just out of hibernation. I have decided I'd rather do weight lifting than be that hungry.
I am really proud of all the weight losses this morning and Beth, you will be so glad to see your son! Was he in war zone? I hope not.
Today is big parade in our town (St. Pat's) and the young drinkers will be out in full force. Sad--over what once was a family day. I don't mind a drink myself now and again but they don't know when to stop. (get down off of my soap box)
I wish you all a good weekend, with good food, family and health. Luck of the Irish!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #18  
Chick

Lizbeth2,
Glad you're feeling better and that gain will come right off once you're back OP. I know what you mean about St. Patty's Day.

We're having a party here (corned beef in the pots already) today. Unfortunately my ds and his family won't be able to make it again. Ugh. We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving with all the kids getting sick and my ds being so overworked. I have to get up and over it to have fun with the people who can come, so as soon as I finish up here, I'm heading to the to "work out my emotions".

Have a great weekend, Turtles, and enjoy yourselves and let's keep on Boot Camp Strategy!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into ondederland
Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is pretty much on track which is excellent.

Had dinner at my cousins Thurs & had a few too many wines & last night my gf came for dinner & we had sole, peas & scalloped potatoes (out of the box)
but counted everything properly and had my jello for dessert (no wine - since I was still alittle hungover from the night before) - back on track today.

It is absolutely beautiful out today, nice & sunny & I will be talking a long walk this afternoon.

Hope everyone behaves over the weekend.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #20  
Chick

Bandit, I love that you want us to behave! I got on the and did my three miles. I counted out all my food so far and in 40minutes my party guests are arriving for corned beef and cabbage that I'm making. I checked to see how many points are involved and how much I can eat within my points, so keep your fingers crossed for me that I can put my plan into action.

Glad the weather is finally cooperating up in Canada and that you'll be able to get a walk.

Turtles, here we go to Boot Camp! Record everything, get in some exercise, drink lots of water, and plan and prepare. Baby steps all of us!
Judy
Old 03-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #21  

Judy - your dinner sounds yummy. And I read somewhere you burn more calories digesting cabbage than consuming it - so fill up your plate with cabbage!

Got my walk in & felt great to be out and actually not be freezing.
Really looking forward to spring this year, we have had the harshest winter in like 50 years.

Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Turtles! I just had to jump on really guick to see what is going on... just got home from up north, had a nice time and got lots of stuff done that we needed to take care of.

I got up this morning only to find that my TOM had arrived... I was very dissapointed and was just going to skip W/I... but the voice in my head, must be the drill sergant from boot camp... LOL, yelled at me to get my butt to the WW and get on a scale. So my mom and I got in the car and went over so that I could W/I... I was down 1 pound... even with my TOM... I was thrilled, it sure is not much but I will take it!

I have to get caught up on everyones posts, I will try and do that tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #23  
Chick

Wow Princess, I am so impressed. You made time out of your busy schedule to find a WI center even with TOM smacking you in the face. To have a : is so wonderful. I figure with all the circumstances you are down a lot more than 1# and that true loss will show up at next week's WI.
Weigh to go!

I counted out all my points from food eaten yesterday, dipped into the extra 35 which I fully expected to do, and didn't have any surprises. Yay! Now the challenge is to avoid leftovers and eat a true WW style day--0 point soup for lunch--lite multigrain muffins--maybe I'll make a WW style pizza out of the muffins and lower fat cheese. I'll see, but I've got tiny apples to snack on and all sorts of good food in the house that will help me reach my goal. I'm trying positive self talk. Can you tell?

I'll be absent from this site for a day or two, but I'll catch up with you all shortly. Take care, Boot Camp it each day, and let's all do our best.
Judy
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #24  

congrats princess on the weightloss and getting yourself to go despite TOM.

Judy- Great job counting all your points from yesterday

Bandit - good to hear you got a walk in.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #25  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Honest ladies. I left a huge post a few nights ago and then when I was done...it wouldn't post because the server or something was busy. Anyhow, I can't remember what I even said. I know I was trying to decompress after taking my 2 hr marketing test (that didn't go so good).

Hope everyone is well. I'll read through your post and get myself caught up a bit on what's been happening.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #26  

Morning all and happy Monday! And happy St. Patty's Day!

Very busy weekend, I did a ton of house work yesterday... the house was just plain dirty from the usual winter dirt and clutter plus not being able to do anything for so long with my neck/back problems. But since Easter dinner is at our house this year I got up yesterday and cleaned for about 11 hours straight... then went and got some groceries... I am a tired pup today but I will get through it.

I did not get to the gym this weekend so it will be 4 days straight again for me this week!

Liz: I grew up in Reading, Pa... are you close to that area?

Judy: Good job on counting all of your points! I know it is hard but it really works! Have fun with your travels!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Chris: How are you doing?

SCraver: How do you like your cardio kick boxing class? I was thinking about trying something like that...

Bandit: I'll bet your walk outside was fabulous! I know how you feel... it is so nice to see the sun and a bit of warmth.

Beth: How was your weekend with all of the company and everything that you had going on?

Ariana: Are you still out there? Check in if you can, I am eager to get your input and see how you are doing.

I will check back on my lunch break. Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 03-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #27  

Princess - nice job on the loss & good for you for getting soooooooo much housework done!

Judy - nice job on the counting, really does make such a difference.

I fell off the old ww wagon the last few days of last week. One snack lead to
another which lead to just plain overdoing it - same old song!
And it showed on the scale this a.m. Was up 1.2# - good thing I got in a few walks on my holiday.

Goal this week: Drop at least 2#, get in 3 walks, focus on better choices,
journal & stay OP "ALL" week.

Have a great St Patrick's day!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #28  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Princess1122: I LOVE my kick Boxing Class... the first day was scarey. I knew how to do the kicks and stuff, but it was still hard to follow. The second day was much better - and now I am SO glad I have it this week to help me get back on track after my very bad weekend.

I was a very bad turtle this weekend! I drank like a fish and ate like a pig! Actually- I didn't eat much as far as quantity - but it was all rich, high-cal/high point food. I don't even feel a LITTLE guilty. I had fun! Now it is back OP. I think this is the hardest - being good after being bad!

Riddle for you: If one beer is 3 points, and I walked two miles to get to the parade, how many beers did I drink this weekend?
Answer: No one was counting!

Last edited by SCraver; 03-17-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #29  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Weekend went well. Made great choices. Planning was KEY to success! Had one bite of cake at the buffet, but counted the point and went on with it...

I DO feel like I'm winning the "battle". It is becoming easier as time passes and I see results. I think that childbearing, complacency, age, and probably addictive tendencies being brought up in an alcoholic family contributed to my weight problem. I really want to be healthier and live longer.

Sneak peak at the scale shows I am down another pound from Friday weigh in. I have my Biggest Loser weigh in at work tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Oldest son left for Boston area today to visit sister and his children. Will miss him...and it certainly will be quieter around here..."quiet" being a relative term. He returns to deployment on Thursday.

Did well today with eating...had leftover stuffed cabbage vs. corned beef and cabbage. Found it easier to control portions. Take care everyone! Talk to you soon! Bethz
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #30  

Morning all and happy Tuesday! We have short week this week due to Good Friday and the office is closed... yah! My mom is coming in for the weekend and holiday so it should be a fun weekend.

I am starting to have problems again with my neck and back... it is really starting to hurt again. I am going to call the doctor today when they open up to see what can be done. I pray that it was just the car ride and that it will get better but I have to be honest... it seems to be getting worse by the day. Blah!

SCraver: Thanks for the info on the kick boxing, I sure hope to get to a point that I can do stuff like that again...

Bandit: You know, even after doing all that house work on Sunday I look around the house and see a million things that I missed or just did not pay attention to... LOL, I guess it is a never ending battle. Spring is now just two days away!!! Yeah!

Beth: My thoughts are with you and your family... I can not even imagine what it must be like to have a child or family member in the service right now. Great job that you are doing on the weight loss though!

Judy: I hope that you are having a blast with whatever it is that you are doing right now

Chris: How are you doing? How is school going?

Cherry: What is new with you?

I have to run but will check back later on...

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-18-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Closed Thread