3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #188 Bale of Turtles Jumping Hoops! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/124691-188-bale-turtles-jumping-hoops.html)

Princess1122 10-26-2007 09:20 AM

Happy Friday!

Ariana: If you are checking in here from time to time... well, we sure miss you! Post when you can!

All: Judy is right, we never give up, we may in fact fall off the wagon so much that our bums are sore... but we climb right back on and NEVER SURRENDER!

As always I am thrilled that Friday is here :carrot:. No big plans for the weekend except clean my house! Oh and a shopping trip with my MIL, my DH brother is getting married and we need to go and find something to wear... shopping, fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

Itryharder 10-26-2007 06:24 PM

Princess, have fun shopping. Wow, you are so many dress sizes smaller than when you started. Yay!

Tomorrow is our annual Halloween Party. I haven't put much thought into this, but I have my costume. I'm going to be Sherlock Holmes. I've got a pipe and a magnifying glass and his famous hat and a short cape. It'll be comfy to wear and kind of cute. As far as food, I'm having it catered and I'm not expecting the food to be too much of a challenge. I plan on giving away the extras and that will help a lot.

Everybody=-have a great weekend and keep on thinking baby steps.
Judy :cool:

INVU 10-29-2007 12:26 AM

Hi Turtles hope your all are great will its Monday I weighed myself on Friday 500g loss and TOM was so happy toooo happy looked today up 2kgs :(
I wish we had Halloween like over there I love palyin dress ups :badbat::badbat::bat::bat::badbat::badbat::witch2: :spid::dracula::sklol::witch:
Well I better go make dinner have a great day :)
:cheer: GO TURTLES GO:cheer:

CherryAutumn 10-29-2007 09:51 AM

Not doing so well but i am still here reading your posts.

bandit2 10-29-2007 01:33 PM

Hi everyone:

Doing pretty good up here. Went to gym 2 times last week & trainer made up new programme. Had bridal shower on Sun and had a few treats, but basically did well.

Getting frosty up here - all the grass was frozen today. But nice & sunny now. We have been lucky with the weather, so can't complain.

Anyone make anyone new for meals?

Take care.

Princess1122 10-30-2007 12:17 PM

regarding the notice about closing this sub forum: Not to sound to daft... but what other main WW forum is she talking about?

Hope everyone is having a great day... coming down with something that has me not feeling too well.... hoping to get the better of it before it gets the better of me.

princess

Itryharder 10-31-2007 09:40 AM

Bandit, it's not new, but I just made a vat of WW veggie soup. I froze some and kept some out for lunch. It's a good thing for me to keep on hand. Hey, would you be interested in a WW's slow cook Shrimp Jambalaya? I haven't tried it yet, but got the recipe at my WW's mtg. Let me know and I'll print it here. :chef:

INVU, I love the dancing figures you have on your posts. Really cute. Yeah, Halloween is becoming one of USA's most popular holidays. I'm sure TOM played havoc with your scale. Keep on keepin' on and you'll have a great weight loss. :goodscale:

Cherry Autumn, how about today when you're tempted you tell yourself that you're on a program and you want to eat healthy? Here's a :grouphug: because we all know what you're going through.

Princess, I'm going to read that notice from Suzanne right now. Hmmm.
Okay--today I'm back at WWs for my WI. I can't believe it comes up so fast each week.
Judy

Itryharder 10-31-2007 09:45 AM

Okay Turtles,
Princess, I just read Suzanne's post and it seems to me that she's closing down the age related threads and asking them to post at the main site. I'll check that out next. Right now it looks like the TUrtles will exist the way we have been.
Judy

CherryAutumn 10-31-2007 11:00 AM

Well i am losing the same pounds all over again but atleast i am going down and not up. I got up to about 210 again and now this morning i am weighing in at 208.5.

Judy - I think the slow cook shrimp Jambalaya sounds good. Could you post the recipe for me? I love shrimp and the slow cooker.

Itryharder 10-31-2007 01:49 PM

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WW's WI and I lost another pound. So far I have lost a total of `15.2#. :goodscale: I am trying to get it into my head that I can do this and can make progress. So send me good signs of support because I can sure use it. I'd love to wake up and be 130#, but that's not going to happen overnight,so I'll take it a baby step at a time. For Halloween tonight, I've got bags of pretzels in the house for the trick or treaters. Last year we had 150 children ringing our doorbell, so it's important to not have candy--I can deal with pretzels--even a pretzel binge won't do what a candy binge would do.
Right?

Here's the Shrimp Jambalaya recipe. It looks so good, I'll have to try it myself.

:chef:
CREOLE JAMBALAYA STEW

2med. onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 large green pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
6garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 (14 1/2oz) can diced tomatoes w/basil, oregano, and garlic
1 t.Creole seasoning (see bottom of recipe)
1/2# turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced
1 cup converted white rice
1 pound med. shrimp, peeled and deveined

1. Place the onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, broth, tomatoes and Creole seasoning in a 5 or 6 qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook until the vegetables ar tender, 4-5 hours on high or 9-10 hours on low.
2. About 50 minutes before the cooking time is up, heat a large nonstick skillet over med. heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally until browned, about 5 min.
3. Stir the sausage and rice into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. About 15 min. before the rice is done, stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook until the shrimp are jsut opaque in the center, about 10 min.

Makes 6 servings, 6 points value each serving.
Creole seasoning: 1/2t. paprika, 1/2t. salt, 1/4t.freshly ground pepper, 1/4t.garlic powder, 1/4t.onion powder, and 1/4t. cayenne. (As a tip, the WW leader who brought in this recipe said when she makes this again, she'll cook the rice separately in a pot and serve it on top of the stew--just another thought)

this looks good to me and I hope to make soon. Good luck to us all.

Judy 234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder 11-01-2007 11:22 AM

Hi turtles,
It's time to start a new thread. See you at #189.
Judy