Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #1  
Red Sox Nation! :)

S/C/G: 280/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Brand newbie.

Hi, all! I'm Lani and I've likely seen most of your around in my lurking and occasional posting. To start off, I've been "meaning to" lose a significant amount of weight for a long time and with my crazy college/grad school/moving life, I haven't been able to ever lose more than 10 pounds at a time, and even then, accidentally. I counted calories for a strong few months last year just as I was about to earn my Masters degree, but then I moved back home with my parents and there went that progress.

I guess you could call me something between a Calorie Counter and a Weight Watcher, but I like to have whole number values to my food and WW points seem like a stellar way to start.

So I'm back! I'm determined and I'm thinking WW may be the way to go. I am sincerely broke right now, so I don't have money to join up (nor do I find classes or meetings at all helpful or beneficial), and I'm thinking of going it alone. I think I can count points on my own and keep up an exercise routine, but do any of you have advice for a brand new (as in, I've counted points for today's breakfast and that's it so far) aspiring Weight Watcher?

Hi.
alkali-feldspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Lani! Sorry no one else has welcomed you yet. I hadn't been checking the board lately because I've been sick Feel free to join us on our weekly threads!

Going it along was REALLY hard for me, and I ended up gaining the weight back. Do you have a friend who is also trying to lose weight? I would at least recommend having a weight loss buddy you see often, and keep coming on 3FC!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #3  
Kristy

S/C/G: 198/166/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Ive tried WW in the past on my own and it was tough, it was easy for me to give up with no accountability. Meetings for me have meant the difference! You only have to pay for the meetings that you go to, so if money is tight you can go everyother week. Just an idea! Good luck!
kristygail is offline   Reply With Quote