Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 06:45 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Wednesday

Back to classes for me, I have to get my schedule changed. Happy New Year to everyone, I hope everyone has a fantastic year. I have blown my eating over the last little while, BUT am really getting back on track with the exercise and eating.

I also have a huge decision to make, which I have pretty much decided and I think that was contributing to the stress I have been feeling over the last little while. I definately haven't been myself for the last little while.

Anyhoo, welcome cherry army!

Have a good one all, I have class in just over an hour.

Ali
Old 01-02-2002, 09:30 AM   #2  
Semi-Newbie Member

Default I'm Baaack!

HIya everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA lately (since Thanksgiving?), but we all know how the holidays are. I have done really horrible lately, but am recommitted, and ready to LOSE, and get back to exercising. I've been really missing it.

I'm also going to quit smoking. Today is day 1, and I know I can do it!!! Does any one have any pointers??

Well, I have totally missed you guys and it really feels wonderful to be back!!!!! I'm ready to take on a New Year!!

HI Ali and the rest of you!
Old 01-02-2002, 10:00 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Ali and Mandie!

Ali - classes already? Most of my friends don't go back for a couple weeks.

Mandie - good luck with not smoking. What a great resolution.

Well I, too, have been MIA for some time now. But I think now that the holidays are over, I can really get back into a shedual.

My next WW at work session starts next Tuesday. We'll see what dmamage has been done since my last WI. The scale at the gym says I haven't done too much damage. Maybe a pound or 2. I just don't want to be over 170. Anything under 170 and I'll be okay.

SO!! - My goal for May 1st is to lose 20-25 pounds. I want to be at 145 by May 1st. Which is only a pound a week, and I think defiantely possible. What do you ladies think? I'll need all the help I can possibly get.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS:
1). Keep a food journal
2). Gym 3x-4x a week
3). Drink Water
4). Get my finances in check.
5). Weigh 145 by May

Take care ladies!
Lisa
Old 01-02-2002, 10:30 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls! I am back at work and finding it next to impossible to get back into the swing of things. I did well ww wise. I actually think I lost a pd but I cannot remember what I weighed before the holiday season. Anyways I just ate what I wanted and paid attention to portion sizes. Well, I didn't really make resolutions but since some of you havle listed yours. I will do mine.

1) Allow God to direct my choices.
2) Write Thank yous often for even the smallest of reasons
3) Eat healthy and exercise.

k I guess that is it.

Well I wil lcheck in later just wanted to say HI

Mandie- are you trying to quit cold turkey. I hear the gum is effective.

Ali- Back to school. That is soon! B/f is done with classes but has student teaching.

Lisa- Good resolutions. Which reminds me finances are a good one to add to my list
Old 01-02-2002, 10:44 AM   #5  

Angry

Good morning everyone!

I, too, have been MIA, the holidays are such a busy time, and I am usually off of work for at least 1 1/2 weeks during the holidays. I am back to work today, been a long time!! But, like others have said, it is nice to have the holidays over and back into the swing of things!

Ali ~ Sorry to have to go back to school so soon!! But, the sooner you get back, the sooner you will be done forever!!! I hope that some decisions have been made in your life, and the stress level becomes minimal!!

Grace, Grace ~ Way to eat well during the holidays, I did not do well, and over ate, it is tough for me not to do this. Portion control is my biggest problem. Kudos to you!!

Lisa ~ I agree with you, if I only gain a pound or two at WI, I will be happy, my eating has been terrible lately, and I have WI tonight!!!!! URRRGGGG!!!!

Mandie ~ Way to recommit yourself, I am right there with ya!!! I feel better when I am in control!

A big "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to everyone!!

My New Year resolutions are:

1. stay within my points
2. write everything down.
3. walk on my treadmill 3x a week.
4. drink my 70 oz. of water each day.

I would like to lose the 15 pounds i need to by summer, but if it takes longer, that is ok, as long as I always stay OP.

Well, as I said before my WI is tonight, and I missed last week due to a family x-mas, so I am hoping I didn't gain too much, but we will see. I will take the hit and move on.

I am refocused, and will lose the weight. It feels good to be back at work, and on my normal schedule. It is amazing how terrible I do with eating when I am away from my schedule. It will definately be a life long committment from me to change my eating habits. My DH and I have tried hard to not go out to eat as often (now only once a week) and that really helps. Eating out is terrible.

Well, better get back to work. Still quiet around here, many people still on vacation, and students are gone until 1/22.

I will check in later!!
Old 01-02-2002, 10:44 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Yes, we're back early I know.... I have never been back this early in my life, but that's okay.

Anyhoo, it is nice to be back at school, since the sooner this is done, the sooner I can get into the job market! I got my schedule sorted out so I am feeling good about that. Still, I start so early 2 days a week which means I'll have to be up at about 5:30 am twice a week.... argh!

Mandie: Good Luck on quitting smoking, drink lots of water and enjoy!

Lisa: did you make it to Montreal and have fun?

Grace: the thank you resolution you have is fantastic!!

Take Care y'all.

Ali
Old 01-02-2002, 10:45 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Happy New Year!

Yuck! I wish I wasn't at work, but oh well.
Hi to everyone!
I'm starting over on WW, too! I've even journalled already!
My goal for this year is to reach my goal weight. My DH and I decided that once I reach goal, then we'll start a family. I know I'll just gain it back, but it will definitely be a motivational tool! I also want to be as healthy as possible!
Well, I've got a closing and several year end tasks to take care of so have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:03 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

wb everybody!
It kinda feels like the holidays were here for4 seconds now there gone
granted all the better for our collective waistlines
my resolutions are as follows
1 get more sleep and a sleep schedule
2 work out 5x a week
3 journal my food and stay within points
4 figure out some easy low points meals for 1 that dont involve pasta!
5 drink a liter of water a day (minimum)
my goal is to lose 14 pounds by march 6 and thats 1.5 pounds a week If i keep my goals realistic I can meet them!
my WI is next tuesday so I really hope it goes well
even if i lost 2 pounds i'll know its 2 pounds in the right direction
check back later
Kier
Old 01-02-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi to all and Happy New Year!

I had a food laden holiday, I'm sure I gained 5 pounds. I also missed a couple of meetings and will miss another next weekend. But With all of you guys recommitting, I'm sure we can support each other. Well, BF and I were planning to move into his mom's house on Feb 1st (she is moving to the island/summer home) for 3 months but we ran into a glitch - the summer home is owned by grandma and she passed away last weekend. We are glad she is finally at rest but it kinda throws a wrench in the plans because now the house belongs to MIL and her sister and we don't know if her husband will let the plans go ahead or if he will insist on selling. - We'll see. For now we're just continuing with our lives. The holidays were rushed but I got to visit with some family and friends I hadn't seen in a while. Hope everyone is having a good day. They tell me I'll be run off my feet for the next couple of days but I'll try to stop in.
Take care
KT
PS - how's the baby Trish?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:22 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Well, I already failed one New Year's resolution: to get to work early. I got in late today, mostly because my parents had stopped here overnight and were leaving this morning. I wanted to see them off ... so I was late.

Mandie: I'm quitting smoking, too, so we can support each other! I've never thought of myself as a serious smoker, but I've been smoking quite a bit for the past few months. I had one yesterday and then decided I didn't want to anymore. It doesn't help that BF smokes ... I probably never would have become more of a smoker if it wasn't for him. Maybe I can get him to quit, too.

My other resolutions:

•Get to the gym at least twice a week, and exercise at home when I can't get to the gym.

•Cut down on eating out and cook more at home.

•Drink more water. (No more soda!)

•Lose 50 pounds by October.

We'll see! I have my gym clothes in my car!

Stacey: I don't want to be back at work, either. It wasn't a very relaxing break for me. It was very frenetic. Work Christmas Eve, off a few days, answer questions for the copy desk Friday, off a few days, work New Year's Eve, off a day, back at work. It didn't help that I didn't see any more of my BF than usual. Not only did he have to work New Year's Eve (he showed up at the party at 1 a.m.), he ended up having to work New Year's Day, too. I'm starting to really think his job takes priority to me.

Lisa: Last month I opened a new checking account because my old one was hopelessly out of balance. Hopefully I can do better with this one!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:31 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hi girls!

Glad to see everyone is making they way back and that we're all recommitted to our health. I just checked my BMI and I have to lose 115lbs to get a healthy BMI!! Scary! Seems like such a long road but its worth it in the end. I'm freaking out because our wedding is now less than six months away and am still no smaller than when we got engaged. I am definitely reccommitted. I've set a bunch of mini goals. My first goal is to lose 5lbs by my brithday (Jan.16th) I am going to work hard to make this happen. When I went back to work on Monday I had tons of free time because all of my clients were away so I spent the time doing lots of self-relection and journaling and looking at myself in a full length mirror. I was a good day for me. I have a strong resolve. I have made some positive changes already that I think will help me in the long run. Anyway enough babbling for now! I have to go to work. Sorry I can't take the time to comment on each one of you! Maybe tonight after work! Take care everyone!!

-Rina
Old 01-02-2002, 12:35 PM   #12  

Does anyone know how many points are in Kielbasa? Just curious, don't have my book with me.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:42 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Has anyone tried to get on Dottie's site lately? I just tried and I got a message saying access was forbidden. What's up?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:48 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Figured it out ... the website is now www.dwlz.com if anyone's interested.

I just went to calculate my Hardee's breakfast and I had 20 points! Oh, my. A bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, hash browns and orange juice. Now that's not a good start. I only have 7 points left then, so I guess I'll just try to keep it light and hope for the best (sushi for lunch?). And I will go to the gym tonight!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:56 PM   #15  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Wow, so good to see so many people posting already! I hope that is going to be the trend for the new year... New Year's Resolutions? Well, I reckon 2002 is going to be my year: getting married (June 1st), finishing my PhD (early summer), leaving OXford after 9 years (August). So by next September it will have been all change chez Lolly. Seems like a good idea to get back on track ... haven't been properly OP since early summer, and now I am about 15lbs up on my lowest. Def time to take control again So.............. my resolutions..........

1. Journal again and stay near points.
2. Do something active every day (walking, yoga, jogging, and yes, I believe hochmagandy might just count )
3. Drop a dress size for the wedding - if I'm a UK16 (US 12/14 I think) then I can get any wedding dress I like from the fabulous shop Monsoon. YIPPEE!
4. Finish the d**n PhD thesis...........

Back later, and I'll reply to everyone properly then!
hugs
Lxxx
Closed Thread