Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 06:10 PM   #1  

Angry Fabulous 40's #102

Hello

My day with David was fun. It went by too fast! The stores were not that crowded but the cashiers seemed to moving in slow motion! He just has to get Pete's gift. I'm going with him again on Friday. He needs help when it comes to his Dad. He never knows what to get him.

The temperature dropped!!! It's so cold. Now it feels like Christmas.

Be back tomorrow.

Hugs
Old 12-19-2001, 01:02 AM   #2  

Thanks JanieD,
I am sure Ellen will be a sweetie. I really lucked out with Brittany. She is so sweet. I mean she can get a little mouthy but the times are few and far between. I just love her to pieces.
Yes, the plateau articles have a lot of great info. but it is hard to actually get going and doing what it says but I have faith in you.

Yes Jen. The 23rd. Next Sunday. I am soooo excited. It will be the first time they step foot on Heinz Field as Division champs. It will be so awesome. the crowd is going to go nuts. Jerome Bettis (The Bus) was just on Letterman. Letterman was trying to get dirt on Cower (the coach). It was so funny.
We are leaving Thursday morning. It is about an 8-10 hour drive.

I love when it is cold at Christmas. Your David sounds like a terrific kid Es. What fun. I love when they want to hang out with mom. How many girl's heads turn when he walks by?

I did fine at the Brunch and then to the Main Street Cafe for lunch with Britts. I went 1 point over by the end. Not bad. Last year I would have sent caution to the wind.
I have 2 challenges tomorrow.
1. It is Bruce's 42nd birthday and we will go out to eat and have a cake.
2. I have to go to 2 Holiday parties at school.

Brandon's teacher just lost her 25 yr. old sister to a lung disease 2 weeks ago and now I just found out she lost her dad yesterday to cancer. She also found out she was pregnant in between the 2 deaths. With the Holiday season here and all of this she must be a mess. I feel so sorry for her. I will go see her before we leave. I feel so sorry for her. That is just too much too fast.

Well talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 12-19-2001, 05:09 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Too bad about Brandon's teacher. She is going through so much.

I don't know why, but this year's holidays have been especially stressful. Probably partly the economy, fear of terrorism and other things going on in the world. And then when personal tragedy hits as well, it is hard to take.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:29 AM   #4  

Angry

Hi

Terri, so sad about Brandon's teacher. Something like my Pastor. He lost both his parents in one week, days apart. I couldn't even imagine such grief. I'll say a prayer for her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bruce!!!!!! Have fun & have a piece of cake on us
Teenagers always think they can get a little snotty. It's a phase. Glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with Britts. She's very special & such a thoughtful daughter. About David, a lot of girls & older women check him out. One walked over to him & asked him "were those his eyes"? I felt like saying, no he borrowed them from me They are light brown like his grandma's.

Myra, my oldest sister feels like you do about the holidays. They'll be over soon.

Have a great day!

Hi Jen, Dianne, Ruth, Janie, Patch, & Sandy

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-19-2001 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:52 AM   #5  

Thanks Myra and Essie. You two are sweet. Hope things get better Myra. Have fun at your party tonight. Enjoy!!!

Are those your eyes? What kind of line is that?

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS!!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-19-2001, 08:54 AM   #6  

Morning Ladies,

Well after a day of both Maurice and I having a 24 hour bug, I'm feeling a little better. I did not accomplish a thing at home yesterday. We both laid around and slept all day and night. Now I've got tons to do. I need to run by the storage to get our Christmas ornaments, go by the bank, and I promised my mom that I'd go by to visit her today. I'm taking my clothes that I was once growing out of to her so she can repair them. I guess you could say I was busting at the seams!! Mom lives an hour away, I really dread the drive, Louisiana roads are the worst ever!!

TERRI, so sorry to hear about Brandon's teacher. I cannot imagine the loss of one close family member, much less two of them. Christmas is such a hard time of the year, hopefully the pregnancy will be the bright spot in all this and it will help get here through. She will definitely be remembered in my prayers.
BTW, have a safe and wonderful trip, we will be looking forward to hearing about it.

MYRA, the holidays are so hectic. Sometimes it is hard to enjoy them. I'm on my second marriage, so they were extremely stressful when the children were younger. Both my husband and I had ex-es that we had to share children with, then each set of grandparents, everything was so rushed. I have vowed that I will never expect or demand my children to make an appearance at a specific time. It always seemed like one of the grandmothers would get there feelings hurt if you weren't able to get to them when they expected you to. Now that the children are grown its so much easier.

ES, glad you enjoyed your day with your son. I really love it when my youngest daughter stops by for a visit. I see the oldest one everyday, but I only see my youngest one about once a week. When she comes over it is nice to sit and talk to her.

Well, I've got tons to do. I'll check in with you guys later.

Ruth
Old 12-19-2001, 09:10 AM   #7  

Thanks for all your good wishes about the trip and Brandon's teacher. You are sweet!
I hope you and hubby feel better. that is rough!
I love how you say you will vow not to put demands on your kids to be places at certain times. My mom is like that. I love it but my In-Laws are different and Bruce finally told them that this is our vacation and we will move about on our own accord.
His dad wants a schedule of where we will be at what days. He has gotten a little better every year. My mom and dad make up for it.
Have a wonderful and restfull Holiday!!!!
Terri
Old 12-19-2001, 10:45 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth, hope you and your husband are recuperating and ready to tackle the holiday madness. Your outlook on family expectations is refreshing. The time together is what counts; why not make it enjoyable for all, instead of a chore?

Terri, what an emotional rollercoaster Brandon's teacher must be on right now. Your support will mean alot to her. My Mom passed away on Christmas Eve; at that time of year, we expected others to be busy with the holidays. We were so impressed by everyone's selflessness and their desire to be with us when we needed them.
On a brighter note.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRUCE!!
Safe trip

Woke up this morning to big white fluffy snowflakes, it's so beautiful. The forecast is for only about an inch, which is just right. Now it feels like Christmas!

later,
~Jen
Old 12-19-2001, 10:50 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

Just got back from trying to go to my WW meeting. Because of a Christmas party tonight I decided to go to Monroe this morning instead of Greenwood Lake tonight. I got to Monroe -- over 20 minutes away -- and found out the meeting was canceled. I can't believe it! Not only was I looking forward to a favorable reading from the scale -- according to my home scale I lost about 3 lbs. -- but needed the motivation to get through next week and had to buy some 2 pt. bars so I can munch of them instead of Christmas cookies. That's life, especially my life, I guess. At least I have you guys. You are not going to disappear on me too, are you?
Old 12-19-2001, 12:43 PM   #10  

Terri - It's so hard to lose people you love. My heartfelt sympathy to Brandon's teacher. You're doing a wonderful service for her. And as well - on a brighter note - Happy B day to Bruce.

Myra that really stinks about the meeting being cancelled. Grrrr. And no Myra - you can't get "rid" of us that easily... I know how frustrating this can be, when Larry's dad passed away I was away from a meeting for two weeks and went a bit crazy not weighing in.

To all you guys, have as happy, healthy and sane a holiday as ya can. It's so easy to forget what this is all about.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:34 PM   #11  

Terri,
Sorry to hear about Brandon's teacher. That is so sad I do hope that she is able to concentrate on the wonderful new baby and not on the unfortunate other stuff. BTW Have a great trip!!!

Myra,
Sorry that you drove all that way to a cancelled meeting That can be very frustrating, but think about the bright side You really did lose weight this week. You are just not sure how much!

Es,
That really was a weird pick up line I must confess that if he really looks that much like Derek, I'd be checking him out myself.

Everyone,
I WI this morning and I lost 3# this week Thanks to Terri for sending me those articles about plateaus. I finished the portion of the report that I had to write. Now it's just getting everyone else's input and putting it together.

to Jen, Sandy, Ruth, ZOe, Dianne etc.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 12-19-2001, 05:55 PM   #12  

Smile

Terri, have a wonderful time & a safe one. We will miss you.

Ruth, hope you feel better soon. I can't stand those bugs! I was sick a couple of weeks ago & it really set me back. It lasted 3 days.

Jen, I would love to see a snowflake or two. I've been so sad today. My little dog was suppose to go for a biopsy but they couldn't do it. Her lymphnodes are swollen. The vet had told me he could do it without sedation but she was moving around too much. He stuck 2 needles in her neck. I left Pete inside I walked out cause I couldn't stand it. Now we have to drop her off tomorrow morning & leave her for a few hours. This is the last dog I will ever have. I love them too much.

Janie, what a loss!!! Good for you

Myra, what a bummer! Why did they cancel? At least you had a good loss this week Thumbs up to you!!!

Let me go see what I could find on the net on pets & vetenarians. Be back tomorrow

Love, Es
Old 12-19-2001, 07:06 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

The meeting is in a church and obviously WW got bumped for some church meeting.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:07 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

My final is behind me, yesssss! I was the first person finished with it; don't know if that's good or bad I enjoyed the class, but am also glad the semester's over. I'll hopefully know my grade before Christmas. Can't stand to wait for things like that.

Es, poor Suzie (sp?) I think that's her name, right? I don't blame you for walking out when they were treating her. How could you stand there and watch that? Don't look up too much on the net, it'll scare you. I'm saying a prayer that she'll come through all of this ok, I know how much she means to you. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Myra, that really sucks about the cancellation of the meeting. You were pumped; at least you know you had a loss, that'll have to get you through. How was the party?

Janie, you go girl! 3 pounds.....time for another Happy Dance!
Did you find that it was the journalling that helped? I know you said you had slipped in that area. That is the strongest tool, as far as I'm concerned. Well, that and getting in all the H2O.

Terri has been instrumental in helping all of us, I think, at one time or another. Hats off to her!

Dianne, Ruth, Sandy, Patch, HI

Have a great Thursday
hugs,
~Jen
Old 12-20-2001, 05:50 AM   #15  
Lifetimer

The party was pretty good. Good people to talk with. There, however, were no good food choices at all. I had a few tidbits that still brought me over range and I went home hungry. Obviously late night munchies hit me so I went even further over, probably by about 6-8 points in total. Hopefully I can make up for that in the next few days. I don't want to gain despite the challenging week coming up.
Closed Thread