Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 10:36 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #103

WOW 103. Be back in a minute.
Terri
Old 12-20-2001, 10:49 AM   #2  

Jen, That must have been horrible. A real good friend of ours mom passed away last Christmas Eve. She was reading the paper after supper and just died. She was 50 yrs. old and not sick. It was so sad.
Thanks for the good wishes and about Brandon's teacher. It is so sad around this time especially.
Have fun in the snow.

We would never leave you Myra. Except for maybe two weeks. So sorry about the meeting. Just keep up though doing what you are doing.

Thanks Patch.

Congrats JanieD. That is great! Thanks for the heartfelt message.

Es,
I am so sorry about Suzie. I didn't know. please let me know.
I will try to "talk" from Ohio.

Thanks Jen.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Terri
Old 12-20-2001, 05:42 PM   #3  

Hi buds,

Es ,
I hope your pup will be better soon, I love dogs too, and I am sorry she is suffering.

Terri ,
Your son's teacher will be in my thoughts, she has truly been hit with too much at once.

I am just too darn busy, and wishing I could sit here and visit with you all. Enjoy a cup of Christmas tea for me.
My work was supposed to be done on Tuesday until after the holidays, but I got an emergency call from an old client and have to fix a computer problem. I will be running back into Boston tomorrow. I still have gift shopping to do. If I finish work early, perhaps I can shop in town.

Tonight is my husband's office party. I am wearing an old favorite outfit, but looking forward to next year when I can get something new, sexy and sophisticated in a smaller size.

My son, Greg, and I went to get a Christmas tree today finally and a Poinsettia too. So it is finally starting to look festive here.
We will be doing most of our Christmas celebrating with my husband's side. Since he is one of 7 kids, there is a lot going on. I will need lots of encouragement to stay with the program.

I'll have to catch up with you all on Saturday,
Merry Christmas in the meantime,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 12-20-2001 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:02 AM   #4  

Thanks to everybody for the well wishes. Maurice went back to work tonight and I'm feeling somewhat better. I am still bothered with a little nausea. Dang I hate that feeling. The doctor gave Maurice a prescription for the nausea, I think I'm going to take one when I go to bed, I haven't taken one before now because it says it might make you drowsy.

I enjoyed my visit with my mother yesterday. After she altered some of my clothes we visited one of her cousins, visited one of her friends (the mother of one of my child-hood friends) and we also visited my aunt. My mom also wanted me to get my hair cut by her beautician so I did. He did a great job and only charged $10.00. The same haircut would cost me anywhere from $20 to $35 here in town.

JENNY, it would be wonderful to see snow during Christmas, but unfortunately it rarely snows here in Louisiana. When it does it very seldom sticks to anything.

I also hate the wait for my grades. My algebra teacher graded my final while I waited, my English teacher emailed me and my psych professor posted on the internet. I only had two classes that I was unsure of, art history and biology. Biology was my toughest subject, but the professor gave a generous curve. The school posted our grades today, I finished the semester with a 4.0. Needless to say, I'm thrilledand relieved. When I saw my grades I could feel my self confidence level rising. This should be great to help me get through the next two weeks with my weight loss!!

SANDANCY, Sounds like you will be going none-stop the next few days. I hope you enjoyed the office party.

MYRA, Sorry the meeting was cancelled. I know you were looking forward to the loss before the holidays. I'm sure you will be fine though, you have done such a great job so far.

Our Monday weigh in will be cancelled for the next two weeks. I now have to decide if I want to go those two weeks without a weigh in or if I want to go to a Thursday meeting. I guess I'll play it by ear, if I feel the need for acountability, then I'll go on Thursday, if my scale is showing signs of a loss, I'll wait until the next Monday meeting. BTW, we will be here to help you get through the next few weeks!!

JANIE, congratulations on the 3 lb. loss. That is awesome. Doesn't it do wonders to lift your spirit with the holidays so close? How long were you at a plateau?

ES, Sorry about your dog. What type dog is she? I have a shiz tzu named Gizmo that I adore. I understand where you are coming from with how much you care for yours. My aunt lost her last dog several years ago, she will not get another one. She said it was like losing a member of the family and it hurt too much.

TERRI, I loved the get well message. THanks a bunch!!

PATCH, will you have to miss weigh in the next two weeks. You have a Monday or Tuesday weight in also.

Better head for bed, it is getting late. I have a luncheon date with my best friend tomorrow. Her husband past away in June and this is her first Christmas without him, my heart aches for her. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

Nite, see you tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 12-21-2001, 06:16 AM   #5  

Hello Buddies

Ruth, I couldn't believe when I read the type of dog you have & his name!!!! My nephew has a shiztzu & his name is Gizmo. Is that a coincidence or what! I'm sure your Gizmo is just as adorable as my nephew's. He loves my husband cause he brings him treats. He tries to talk to him. I wish I could tape it & send it to one of these shows. I have a chihuahua that weighs 15 lbs. The girl at the vet called her a sausage. Her name is Susie & I got her when she was 8 wks. old. It would be too long for me to post what I went thru. Let's just say, my husband said in the 21 yrs. he's been with me he never saw me like the way I was yesterday Lots of aggravation.
I hope the nausea is gone. That was so nice spending a day with your mom. To me that is quality time

Merry Christmas Sandy. My sister's name is Sandy I love poinsettas but I can't have them cause I have a cat. I have one at work but since I'm not there this week I can't enjoy it. I bought artifical ones for home but it's not the same. I hope things slow done for you. Gotta get that shopping done. At least you'll get all the sales. Hope you had fun at the Christmas party

We are all going to be surrounded by goodies. I can pass up food but I love sweets. I do control it cause diabetes runs in my family. I'm going to rejoin next week. I was waiting to see what special they are going to have.

I have to do some last minute shopping(2 gifts).

Be back later.

Hugs,
Essie
Old 12-21-2001, 04:02 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
Ruth and Sandy, you wrote such great long messages, good to hear from both of you.

Es, hope you got those last 2 gifts!

I was out finishing the grocery shopping this morning. If all goes according to plan, I won't be leaving the house till Christmas Day.....keeping my fingers crossed!

Have begun to do some cookie baking this afternoon. While I don't like having them in the house, it's a tradition I will not give up. My family would be devastated! I'll bring them to my sister's on Christmas Day so they're not here to tempt me.

Will stop back in tomorrow morning, have a wonderful evening!

~Jen
Old 12-21-2001, 04:49 PM   #7  

HI everyone,

Thank you all for the kind congratulations. It does seem that getting back on the rigid journaling wagon has broken my plateau. I was stuck at around 155 lbs for more than 2 months. It is good to be back on the downhill slope. It will be hard the next week or so but I am determined to at least loose a little even if it's only .2 lb.

Yesterday my daughter's school rented out the whole roller rink and had a big family holiday party. I must have skated for 3 hours. My knee is killing me today, but I had a great time anyway.

Es, I hope your dog is ok. My brother and his wife had to put down their cat of 15 years last week because of cancer. They really do become like our children.

Have a great Friday everyone,

Love,
JanieD
Old 12-21-2001, 05:16 PM   #8  

Talking Baby's Here!!!!

Hey Guys:

Grandson just arrived 2 hrs ago. David, 8lbs-8oz. don't know inches yet. Smart kid, arrived just in time for a Xmas present Can't wait to see him.

Sorry, I don't have time to personalize this, just wanted you to know the baby was born.

I'll talk to "yous" later or tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-21-2001, 07:24 PM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

This week has been a string of challenges. Lots of eating out. And this weekend cookie baking. Then comes Christmas eve and day. Ken already bought Baileys for the celebrations. Yikes! I hope I don't gain everything I lost last week.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:58 PM   #10  

Dianne, Congratulations on the new grandson!! Smart kid, he didn't come on Christmas day unlike some people I know

Jen, I think that I have all of my shopping done (except some groceries) but now I have to have a major league wrap session. I have to wait until after Ellen goes to bed and by then I am so beat I have no patience. I think this will be the last year that I have to wait. She is beginning to doubt that the Fat Guy exists. Alas, the loss of innocence.

Myra, I can't believe it you and I are neck and neck weight wise. You are so focused that you keep me motivated. I know things have been really tough for you lately but I want you to remember that I am here if you need to vent. Or you can e-mail directly [email protected]. We believe in you girl!

to everyone,
HOpe you all have a great weekend and remember on WW you are allowed to eat anything you want, you just have to count it. So keep counting those points.

JanieD
Old 12-23-2001, 07:46 AM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Congratulations, Dianne, on your new arrival! I'll bet David couldn't wait for his first Christmas Hoping Mom and baby are doing well. What a beautiful gift for Christmas. Best wishes.

Janie, good luck on the wrapping. To me the first wrapping session is fun, then it's kind of a chore. The gift-bag trend has turned out to be a real life saver, hasn't it? Sigh.....I remember when my kids made the discovery about S.C. ...an age of innocence lost.

Ruth, still waiting for my grade.....grrrrr....the instructor said he had to have them in to the school by the 21st, and that he'd email them to us. I haven't heard from him yet, don't know if he'll be at work tomorrow, the 24th, which is the email he uses. Waiting patiently is not my middle name! Your 4.0 is absolutely awesome, something you should be very proud of. Way to go!

Well, everyone, have a great Sunday. Terri's at the Steeler's game today, what a great way to spend the afternoon! Hope you have a blast, Terri!
later,
~Jen
Old 12-23-2001, 05:35 PM   #12  

Hello

It's been sooooooo busy the last couple of days. One week on vacation & I was out everyday. Back to work tomorrow but we get out early. I heard around 2:00 but I'm hoping more like 12:00.

Dianne, congratulations on your new grandson. He's a big boy. Must be a real cutie!

Jen, are you done wrapping? I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve. Have a great time with your family

David cracked his wisdom tooth & was in the ER early this morning. They gave him a shot, antibiotics & 2 pain medications. He's home resting.

Myra, enjoy the Baileys. I haven't had that in years. Someone at Dave's job gave him a bottle for Christmas. He said he's going to open it New Years Eve.

Janie, how's your Knee?

If I don't get a chance to get in here tomorrow, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Love,
Es
Old 12-24-2001, 07:46 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Es, hope David's feeling okay, and that he'll be able to enjoy all the goodies today and tomorrow, pain-free.

Janie, the skating party sounds like fun, and great exercise.Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

Myra, your determination will kick in for you and help you through the holiday. Enjoy a bit of Bailey's! You'll do great.

Terri, Go Steelers! Did you have a great time? BEARS WIN!!! This is too much fun this season

Dianne, how is little David? What a fantastic gift for all of you!

I'd like to wish everyone here a wonderfully Merry Christmas. Enjoy the company of family and friends and pray for peace.

~Jen
Old 12-24-2001, 11:28 AM   #14  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

DIANE, congratulations on the birth of David. Babies are so precious and innocent.

ES, how is Susie? Hope she is feeling better. That's neat that your nephews shiz tzu is also named Gizmo. Is he blonde and white? I got Giz when he was a year old. I had a shiz tzu in the past and I love their disposition. When I went to look at him his hair was all matted up and he had a bare spot on his hind quarter. The girl that owned him had a small son also and I guess the puppy and the child were too much for her. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted him, he was all hunkered down and he wasn't very friendly at all. But the more her son pulled on him and bothered him the more I knew I had to get this puppy into another environment. He now has a thick coat of hair and is always by my side. The only problem that I have with him now is that he loves being outside as much as inside, so grooming him is quite a chore.

JANIE, the skating sounds like lots of fun. All that skating should have reduced you by a pound or so this coming week!! Hope the knees have recovered by now!!

MYRA, how are the temptations of the holiday going? You sound determined so I'm sure you will be just fine. Do you exercise everyday? If so, you might double up and that would help you if you do eat a little too much. I know how hard it is to exercise this time of year, there is just too much to do to work in exercise. I have fallen way short of my goals when it comes to walking and weight training.

Seems strange not to have any messages from Terri. I hope they are having a wonderful time. Well, we had Christmas at my home last night. Both my girls came by with the grandbabies. I have to go to my mothers Christmas day and tonight (Christmas Eve) we have to be at my mother-in-laws, so we decided to do ours on Sunday!!! It was so much fun, my grandchildren had a wonderful time. Caylin (3 year old) opened her first present and didn't care if she opened anything else at all!! lol She wouldn't stop playing with it. It was just a little picnic set!!

My mother plans on spending a few days with me this week. She is coming back home with us Christmas day. Now I have someone to go shopping with me the day after Christmas!!

JEN,, hope you get your grades soon!! The waiting is awful!! I've already bought my books for the next semester and have plans of reading a few chapters in each subject before school starts. I'm quite proud of myself, but now I've got to try to maintain. I know that something will probably lower my grade point eventually (probably calculas!!). I hope that all this effort will be an inspiration to my own daughters. Only one has gotten a GED so far. I'm hoping that eventually they too will get their lives together and go to college.

Here is hoping that all your Christmas Wishes come true!! Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Ruth
Old 12-24-2001, 11:57 AM   #15  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It's been a tough week. I've either been on the high end or a little over each day. A lot of eating out. Today is cookie baking time (I've been avoiding that, but I couldn't get out of it). Exercise has been my savings grace, but I have found that those activity points don't save me when I overeat. And of course I WI Wed. nite, which does not give me much leeway. Hopefully I don't regain all I lost last week. There is always next week if I do gain, right?
Closed Thread