Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 12:15 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous 40's #92

Dianne and Terri, just left Amazon, it was easy to set up an account. Not so easy to stop myself from shopping while I was there I did add some items to my wish list, however, and mailed it to my kids!

~Jen
Old 11-25-2001, 12:21 PM   #2  

THANKS Dianne! That is so cool. I have to try it. I have so many books. We usually donate them , Which I will still do , but this would be nice too. I can do both . That is how many books I have.

Thanks again. Tell Alana to be careful from me. I am sure you have said it a gazillion times. This will be me in a few years.

Have a great Sunday. Getting ready to watch my Steelers. They are playing the Titans.

Terri
Old 11-25-2001, 01:13 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Help! I have a mean case of the munchies today, but so far I'm at least picking good snacks. Hopefully I can get this back in control before the points get too high.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:39 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, hope those munchies are gone! They can really do us in if we let them.

Dianne, made my first sale at Amazon! How incredibly easy, posted 3 books yesterday and one sold last night. I'm off to the post office right after this.

Terri, didn't see the news, what did the Steelers do? My B E A R S did it again! So cool to win at Minn., a tough place for them to play.

How's everyone doing? HI to Es, Janie, Zoe, Ruth, Janie, Joyce

~Jen
Old 11-26-2001, 12:10 PM   #5  

Jen - congrats! Isn't it sooooooo cool when you sell your first book? As to your shipping question, yes, I use the padded envelopes and what I do also is send an e-mail to the buyer letting them know that I've shipped their book and I hope they enjoy it - just a brief note. You'll be surprised at how much they appreciate that note, and they remember that when they rate you too! So far I have a 5 star rating

Terri - did your steelers win? I know next to nothing about football, but hope they won anyway, lol. I don't think I even know NY's teams - isn't that awful I'm thinking Jet and Giants, but not sure. Thanks for the "be careful Alana" note. Yes I do tell her and the person driving at least 50 times to "have a safe trip", while looking directly into the driver's eyes, like "you BETTER drive carefully with my precious daughter as your cargo"

Myra - Hope your munchies monster went back to the closet or wherever they come from, but you know from time to time that's gonna happen. Knowing you, you'll just get right back on track, you're doing fantastic.

Es - My Twin -- where the heck are ya? Are you busy buying out the stores for Xmas? Come in and say hi, we miss you.

Hi Janie, Zoe, Ruth and Joyce (is Joyce still with us?). Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-26-2001, 02:35 PM   #6  

Thanks Dianne and Jen.
YES! Thay won. They are 8-2 in their division. 1st place.
We play Minn. next week. I notice I don't munch when I watch the Steelers. I am to nervous.

That is wonderful about your sale. I am doing it tomorrow. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for all the info Dianne. And BTW yes, they are the Giants and Jets. Congrats on the Bears Jen.
They are
HOT I'll bet Chicago is going crazy.

Hope you have munchless day today Myra.

Yes, come out Es. We miss ya.
Zoe too. We want to know how the surprise went.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-26-2001, 02:41 PM   #7  

HI gals,

I hope everyone had a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving. We went into SF and had dinner with Steve's sister and her husband. It was very good. I can't say that I was totally bad but I cant say that I counted points either. I think all in all I did ok but I'll find out for sure on Wed at WI time. ANyway I am back OP again. Every day is a new start. We'll get it back Myra!!!

Today I have to go to Ellen's BRownie meeting and teach the little darlings sewing. I agreed to do this but I thought that I would have had some say in the project. The project the leader chose is very complicated. Wish me luck.

Take care everyone,

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 11-26-2001, 03:28 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, what project do you have to show them how to make? I used to sew quite a bit when Jess was young, so easy to make the little sundresses, etc. Also made all of their Halloween costumes. I haven't sewn in a while, but did some simple covers for playpen mats last week, and realized how much I miss it. (Matthew is definitely a playpen baby! He's a terror otherwise)
Hope you have success with those little Brownies!

Congrats, Terri, on the Steelers' win! We're 8 and 2 also........isn't it sweet?

Thanks, Dianne, I did put a note/packing slip in the envelope, and also emailed the buyer after mailing her book. What fun!

~Jen
Old 11-27-2001, 12:26 AM   #9  

Hi girls, well I survived this weeks weigh in. The numbers are smaller, but at least they are traveling in the right direction. I lost .8 lbs this week. I plan on be super good this week and losing at least 1.5 next weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying op. At least, we have a few weeks break before the next major eating frenzy. Good luck on your weigh in on Wednesday Janie. Let us know how you did.

Jenny, Terri, Es, Zoe, Diane, hope everyone is having a wonderful time planning for Christmas. I've actually already started my Christmas shopping, this is early for me.

Well, it's getting late, I'm tired, take care.

Ruth
Old 11-27-2001, 02:02 AM   #10  

That is awesome Ruth. Congrats!
I have most of my shopping done. I love getting it done early.
Good for you for getting it done.

Hope you did well JanieD. I haven't sewn in years. I used to make all kinds of things. Don't ya just love scouts? My boys are cub scouts.

Jen,
Yeah!!!! We have good teams so far this year.
Did you see the movie that is going to be on Sunday night? It is a remake of "Brians Song". I cried so hard on the original. Do you remember them on the Bears? I can't remember what years they were there so don't hit me if you were too little.
I watched the Carol Burnette special. Loved her.

Hi Myra, Dianne, Es, Zoe and Joyce
Terri

Last edited by points; 11-27-2001 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-27-2001, 04:23 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Congrats about your loss, Ruth. That is great, especially with Thanksgiving factored in.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:23 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, that was in 1970, had to look it up...I didn't watch it then, was still in high school. Thanks for telling me about the movie. I hadn't heard about it. Supposed to be even more of a tear-jerker.

Ruth, you did well! Good for Thanksgiving week, especially. Keep up the positive attitude.

I'm about half finished with Christmas shopping. Next week I have to get the rest of it completed, can't put it off any longer!

~Jen
Old 11-27-2001, 10:50 AM   #13  

Jen,
I meant I wasn't sure when Gale Sayers and Brian Piccolo actually played on the Bears.
I knew when the movie came out because My grandpa died the right after the movie was over. There I was crying when the movie was over and then we got the call from him next door and he died later in the hospital. That was an awful night. It took me awhile to be able to watch it again. I bought the tape a few years ago. I read the book the movie was based on when I was in the 5th grade. It was called I Am Third.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-27-2001, 12:46 PM   #14  

Jen,
The project is to make felt stuffed Santa Ornaments. I decided there was no way we'd be able to sew all those little parts together so I figured we'd glue the felt pieces together and just sew the front to the back and stuff it. It was a good idea except that the glue wasn't working very well. The pieces kept falling off.
The kids were very good and the followed instructions really well. The problem was the glue. We put the faces together this time and next time we will actually do the sewing.

Ruth,
COngratulations on loosing during Thanksgivig week. You're awesome girl!

Hi to everybody,

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 11-27-2001, 06:59 PM   #15  

Thumbs down

Hi guys

Ruth - congrats on your loss - way to go girl!

Janie - good luck with your sewing project - lucky they don't need my help, I can just about sew on a button in an emergency They could probably teach me a thing or two!

Jen and Terry - Brian's Song (the original) was with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams, I belive - don't think I could watch it with other actors - they were really good. Terri, sorry to hear about your grandfather passing right after that movie. Sad.

Well, I'm almost finished with my xmas shopping too - all on line like last year - I love it!

Hi to Myra, Es, Zoe, Joyce (where the heck are you guys? Hibernating?)

Talk to "yous" tomorrow.
Closed Thread