3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/111379-thursday-chatters-may.html)

auntie 05-26-2007 10:00 PM

Sure everyone can go to the races with us.... I'm sure Pat won't mind :D We've been before and had a blast. The best part is that it's a night race when we go so I won't have to wear sunscreen. I have to use it but I hate the way it feels.... strange I know!!!!

I'm not packed or anything. I guess I'll have to do that sometime soon.

Ok, get this... the dietication tells me she thinks I shouldn't take the medicine right now. She thinks I should wait and see what happens..... Mitch does too. Now remember the dr said it was an elective medicine. So what do you? The dr. did say, I could wait and see what happens with the dietician. I'm so confused now. Oh I was up 1.5 but TOM came that day too. So hopefully I will lose it when I go when I come home. Please give me your opinion and advice!!!!!! I don't know what to do?

auntie 05-28-2007 12:57 AM

Well, I made it home. Everyone came over for dinner tonight. Amy did most of the work.... well pretty much all of it along with my older sister. I promised them I would do my fair share.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day! We are driving out to Fort Sam Cemetery tomorrow. My grandfather & grandmother are buried there. It will be neat to see all of the flags.

Thank you to all that serve our country and their loved ones and all to those that have lost loved ones while protecting our country. I admire you all. Thank you for your generous gift!

Mom4kids 05-28-2007 08:57 AM

It's Memorial Day, I wish I could go to Arlington. That would be such an honor. My DH is in Iraq with part of my unit and of course they don't have a day off. Please remember them and all of my service brethren today.

All is well here in single motherhood. Got some household problems like a leaking faucet, leaking roof, ants....these things don't happen while DH is home. I am working on getting everything fixed before I leave, because when it rains, it pours. Ok, bad joke. The kids are fine, school has two half days left and then it's summer break. Looking forward to that. :dizzy: The kids are excited, they have a busy summer planned.

Take care girls, have a wonderful day.

Tina 05-28-2007 10:33 AM

:bravo: There were no flag smiley faces so I thought the bravo would do for this day.

Dee, I was thinking about your husband. I hope and pray that he remains safe. You'd better stay safe while you're over there, too. :)
Isn't it the truth that things break when our men are gone!!!

Susan, I'm glad you made it there safely. Enjoy your family. I know you will. Tell that Amy to get herself back online.

Tammy, how was that big meal Tim planned? How is Tim??? I'm sure Bob looks nice in his uniform. Hopefully, you'll have good weather for the parade.

It's sunny here now but it rained a few minutes this morning. Yesterday it flooded. The parks are a mess, not good for picnics with kids.

Everyone have a great holiday!
:flow1:

Tammy 05-28-2007 01:34 PM

Susan, I'm glad that Pat won't mind if everyone goes to the race with you!! What a guy!!! Tim and Bob went to the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis a couple years ago when Tony Stewart won it. He's Tim's favorite racer. He owns a dirt track about 20 miles from here called Eldora Speedway.

I agree with the dietician about the medicine. Try to change the eating and see what happens. I'm glad that you were able to make it home to see everyone.

We visited the cemetaries where our parents are buried. We took flags for the one where Bob's parents and brother are. The one where my parents are there were already flags there, so we now have the 2 we took outside our house. Today we went to the cemetary here in town for the memorial service. I must admit that Bob looks pretty good in the American Legion uniform that they wear. He carried a flag. Tim wanted him to carry a gun. Maybe next time.

Dee, it would be so awesome to go to Arlington today. During the ceremony here, I thought about you and your husband, and I'll admit that I had tears running down my cheeks. I think it kind of bothered Tim, but oh well! Hey! We have ants too. And spiders as big as Kramer!!! Well, maybe not quite that big, but I sure don't like them.

Tina, the meal was delicious! We ended up just eating the shrimp cold with the shish kabobs. Tim was a nervous wreck doing everything, but it turned out great! He'll be leaving about 4 to go back to school. Bob just left to head for another town's Memorial Day services. He didn't know until last night that they were doing the 2nd one. He told me to stay home in the AC after walking and standing in the sun this morning. Tim is helping to get a couple things done around here before he leaves. He's a good kid.

Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the end of the year picnic for the 3rd grade where I taught. The teachers invited me to come since I worked with their kids so much this year. I also get my hair colored tomorrow afternoon, so I'm happy about that!! Wednesday Bob is taking my van to get it cleaned inside and out. It really needs a good cleaning, and he talked to a guy here in town who is going to do it for us. On Thursday, I'm going to the 5th grade graduation and picnic. The kids asked me back in Feb. if I would come back for it. Between the 2 events, I'll be running and getting lunches for the teachers. Probably pizza or subs. Yummy.

Well, I need to go put things in the dryer. Hope you are all enjoying the day.

edna354 05-28-2007 11:16 PM

Hello to everyone

Hi there everyone....My name is Stacy and I joined your thursday weigh in group and was directed over here also. I will tell ya a little about myself.

I am 36 yrs old and have been married for 8yrs. We have 3 kids ages (6,4,2) and I work the midnight shift full time!!! I am very busy and Im never well rested.

I have tried WW before and have done well. This is my 3rd try and going to be my last (I hope!!!!) I am more focused and determined this time than ever. I hope to get and give lots of encouragement and tips from everyone. Anything good you have please share....I need it!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

Well enough blah blah blah....thanks for inviting me over and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks again

Stacy:D

Tammy 05-29-2007 08:05 AM

Welcome to this thread Stacy!!! I'm a couple years older than you, well, maybe a few more than I couple. I just turned 52. lol My hubby and I will be married 26 years on June 19. We have one son, age 19. I just retired the end of Feb. with 30+ years of teaching. Because of health issues, I chose to retire then instead of waiting until the end of the year. I know if was a good decision.

Good luck on WW!! I know if works if you do it right. I don't stick to it like I should, and it shows.

Have a great day everyone!!

Tina 05-29-2007 12:14 PM

Stacy, welcome to this thread. I'm so glad you found your way over here:)
Wow, 3 children and working at night full time. I don't see how you get any sleep.
Eating enough fruits and veggies and drinking your water are very important to losing. I'm just now "into" eating more f. and v. and it is making me feel better. I just hope the weight will start leaving me, very soon!
Also, journal, journal, journal everything you eat.

How was everyone's holiday weekend?
I don't think I did too bad on the food part. Since I have a dr. appt. soon, I'm really trying to stay good and away from sweets. We had some sugar free ice cream with ff Cool Whip for dessert last night. Not bad.

Tammy 05-30-2007 04:39 PM

Journaling is my downfall. I know that I should, but I just don't.

Bob came home from the grocery yesterday with a small German chocolate cake and a carton of vanilla ice cream. I really think he is sabatoging my efforts here!! lol I know, I don't have to eat it. I ate a small piece of cake with a small amount of ice cream which is better that I would have done in my past life.

Tina 05-30-2007 05:26 PM

What was Bob thinking!?! Probably that he was hungry for cake and ice cream. :lol:
Tammy, congrats for having small portions.

Nothing much going on here. I've been eating more fruit lately. Tonight I'm trying a recipe with white beans, tomatoes and onions. You cook it all up for about 5 minutes. I hope it's good. Oh, and I'm using my indoor grill to fix chcken breasts. Hey, I'm making myself hungry.

auntie 05-31-2007 01:11 AM

Hi Ya'll,

Ok I need to vent. My MOM is driving me NUTS!!!! She once again is being her STUBBORN self!!! Refusing to eat and if she does it's only a bite. Putting more weight on her leg than she is suppose to. She has NO energy..... wonder if it could be because she isn't eating and is only 100 pounds now. So, tonight I picked up some protein powder that was tasteless to add to her milk. She said "I'm not drinking it. From now on, I will fix my own milk." My dad, said you didn't eat dinner. Oh but she says she did, we had bbq and she had 1/4 of an apple with peanut butter on it and only a small amount. Then she went to bed and was pouting. I told Daddy, "I know she is mad at me but we just want her to eat something so she can get some energy and get stronger and heal." He said "she is going to end up in the hospital again if she isn't careful." I'm so tired of her telling me to stop doing things... like she can do it! Not!!!! So I'm going to keep a count of everything she eats tomorrow. My older sister and I are going to figure up the calories and let her doctor know. The home health nurse is coming and her surgeon wants a CBC done. I'm sure she is anemic now. Can you tell I'm frustrated with her???

My food has been pretty good. Not as good as it can be but I'm trying.

We tried to go out to Fort Sam Houston Cemetery to see my grandfather and grandmother but it was so crowded we couldn't get in. Plus my folks can't walk that far now. We are going to go back when we can get closer. Probably on Friday.

Stacey, welcome to the group!

Tammy and Tina, hugs to you!!! What would I do without ya'll?

Dee, I've thought about you over this past weekend. Alot!!!

My best friend was in Washington DC for Memorial Day and saw the president at Arlington cemetery. He said it was awesome.

Have a good evening what's left of it.

Tammy 05-31-2007 06:24 AM

Tina, I have no idea what Bob was thinking! That is my favorite kind of cake, so it is hard to resist. I haven't had any more of it though. How was the new recipe? If it is good, post it please!!

Susan, I think it's a good idea to let the doctor know how much your mom is eating. I would be frustrated too.

Hoping for a little rain later today. The yards are looking pretty bad, and I know the crops need some rain.

Well, I'm going to go take a short nap. I've been up since 4:15. I'm having trouble sleeping through the night. I'll leave here about 8:00 for the picnic, etc. Should be fun.

have a great day everyone!!

Tina 05-31-2007 10:01 AM

Morning,
I'm having a hard time with new recipes. :lol: I want to get out of the rut of cooking the same ole, same ole. This new one didn't taste good to us. However, I think I'll fix it again, without the oregano and lemon juice.
Tammy, I'll post the recipe the next time I'm online. You better take care of yourself, girl. Or, I'll have to come up there. :D

Susan, I feel your frustration! Yes, it is a good thing to write down what your mom is eating for the doctor. Maybe he can tell her to drink that Ensure, or whatever. When my father was sick and getting so thin, they told him to drink that Ensure. I'm sure it would help your mom.

How is everyone doing?????????????

Tina 06-01-2007 11:07 AM

Don't post here anymore!

It's time for the June Chatters.
Go there to post.
Thanks!