Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 09:15 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Happy Tuesday

Hi All,

I am in my word processing class right now and I decided to drop you a note. I hope everyone is doing well. I got up early and went for a jog which was nice. I most likely burned off the 2 timbits I ate yesterday (yummy, 1 point each). I also have been on a cooking streak as of late. I had made lasagna this weekend, Garden veggie soup yesterday and cooked up a batch of rice and chicken breasts, ate one portion and then froze the rest. I've also started using chicken broth to cook my rice with (which I am sure is much better than diet coke which my friend's fiance used). So I have a packed freezer right now, which is great.

No snow here in Ottawa yet, though I am sure if I was back in Lennoxville (which is about 25 miles north of the Vermont border) there would have been at least a sprinkling of snow by now.

TTYS and Take Care!

Ali
Old 10-23-2001, 10:57 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Good morning Ali! The boards sure have been slow lately... I hope more of our friends come out today to join us! I've also been on a cooking streak lately, and it is so nice to have real food to eat! I made veggie bean soup, apple sauce and chicken salad this weekend! I always eat so much better when I have good food already prepared in the fridge.

This talk of snow is scaring me! It is actually supposed to be 70 here today, but only 40 on Thursday, with a low of 19 at night. So I have a feeling we will see our first flurries really soon. I am not ready!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Come out and join us!!

Jen
Old 10-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Default Slow Day

Wow - really slow today. It's windy here today and I work on top of a mountain. It's kind of nice to watch the trees whipping around below us. I love cooking. I am actually incredibly fond of most of the WW recipies I was given in the meetings. Last night I even gave a recipie to my sister so she could make a quick healthy dinner - and she liked it. I've been eating a lot of the Lean Cuisine meals at work. They're only $3 and they fill me up for the afternoon. Unfortunately there is a lot of salt in them. I think I'll make a couple of casserole type dishes to freeze and take to work next week. Well - this is the week I find out about my future career as a paramedic - wish me luck! Better start to work.
Have a great day
KT
Old 10-23-2001, 11:55 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Wel, I went for my follow-up test for Gustatial Diabetes and I passed it. So that is good. But I still can't eat refined sugar. That is ok. I have found that I really don't miss it. Go Monday for my regular OB appt. I am 30 weeks. Wow, really getting to the home streach.

I can not believe that Halloween is next week and Thanksgiving almost here. I love the holidays and Halloween always seems like the start of them. I hope kids still trick-or-treat here. I love that. I mean, if you go to the momes of people you know (and that is what has been advised for years) then I would think you would be fine. Unless you have some really spooky friends. Then you have real issues.

Jen2: we have the same weather here. I am looking forward to snow. I love the first snows.

Ali: Yummy on all that great food you made (you to Jen). I am planning on makeing a bunch of soup this weekend and freezing it in single serving sizes for me to take to work.

Talk with you all later.

Trish
Old 10-23-2001, 12:07 PM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tuesday means internet police

Can't post properly, just lurk.
Trish: It seems like yesterday you announced your pg! I'm sure not for you, though.
Ali: Diet Coke and Rice?? Please explain! I'm willing to try anything, though....well, uh, almost anything.
Hi to everyone else!
Jen: It's supposed to be 84 here today! I'm ready for the fall weather...just not a lot of snow.
I love to cook, just not good stuff. hmmm
Getting back to work.
Bye!
Old 10-23-2001, 12:11 PM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Just a quick Hi! I have been MIA for a couple of days and I just caught up on yesterdays post and read todays.
I went back to WI after 5 wks and lost 1.4 since the last time I was there however due to my weight gain before then I actually lost about 4 pds. Woohoo!! I was excited however I still have a long way to go. I also went on my date Sat. and didn't have a bad time but also didn't have "sparks" either. It did however kick the guy that I am interested in in the butt b/c he has been over the past couple of nights and on Sun we talked til 4 am. He wants to be with Me!!! That was the theme of the 5 hr conversation. I have always known that I wanted our friendship to blossom and there was always flirtation but recently after we had the "talk" I kind of let it go. So that is the rundown on the happenings of my wknd. It was definitely a good one and I will keep you posted on what "possible" b/f does next. I am quite interested to see if he puts his money where his mouth is
I am taking off early to watch my beautiful neice so I probably won't be back today but I may check in.
Becky
OH yah I changed my sig back
Old 10-23-2001, 12:12 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

i have been posting on the xmas goal thread but i guess there are new threads here all the time, so i'll post here.
(for those of you not aware i'm new to the ww 20's group boards)
doing ok so far today. totally blew it last night though. i was doing so good all day. i ate right all and exercised, but then come dinner time i totally ate whatever i could find. i was so hungry, i didn't think about it, i just ate.
of course now i feel bad about it. i wish i could stay on course come dinner time. i would probably be at goal already if i could.
luckily though the scale still says 150, so i am still 12 pounds to goal.
i have only used 10 points so far today. i should have no problem staying within my range today. i also plan on going to the gym tonight, no matter what time i get off work.
well i better get going.
thanks for listening,
jen
Old 10-23-2001, 01:48 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi girls`

I was out of office yesterday with a flu . I felt grody, but I feel much more human now, I think I really needed the day to de-stress and re-focus.

Becky - woo hoo on your guy finally waking up!! They take a long time sometimes....jeez.

KT - good luck on your future as a medic, let us know what happens!

trish - How much longer without refined sugar? I am glad you passed the test though

Ali - how is the new man doing?? No snow here YET but supposed to be this afternoon. Booh.....always snow at Halloween in Calgary...

Hello to Stacey and Jen3.

Also, I am not sure what the new thread entitled ADD anyone means...in other words, can't pay attention to points? Anyone know??

Belle
Old 10-23-2001, 02:11 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Belle - I think it means Attention Deficit Disorder.
KT
Old 10-23-2001, 02:51 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls ugh longarse day
its about 8 pm here or thereabouts i did well with food today hot cereal for breakfast a homemade chicken breast and salad for lunch and a wrap sandwich for dinner gonna hit the grapes later
on the bf note things are pretty crap tho i havent seen him in a month and he has to work again this weekend I know hes not cheating but jeeez hes taking me for granted and im really getting pissed off tho i did resist chocolate today so wooohooooooooo
gotta take the great with the slightly crap
Old 10-23-2001, 03:14 PM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Welcome Jen3 (is that ok to call you that? We have two other Jen's here...Let us know if that is ok or if you would like something else.) Anyway, we do start a new thread every day but the weekends. Glad you can join. On the Christmas etc ones we post our goals...but you could put that here as well.

Belle: sorry to hear that you are sick. I think I am to avoid the refined sugar the rest of the pg. That is ok. I really don't need it and I have not really missed it.

Kier: sorry to hear the bf has to work so much. I hate it when work gets in the way.

Becky: great job on the loss. I am the guy is coming around.

Stacey: I really feel like I have been pg forever! (LOL) But only 10 weeks or so more to go. Maybe less. Yikes!

Got to get back to work.

Trish
Closed Thread